It's The 2004 Literotica Valentine's Day Story Contest!

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Hi writers!

If there's a holiday more appropriate for a Literotica story contest, I don't know what it is.

We will accept entries starting on Tuesday January 20, and we will stop accepting contest entries on February 5. We will announce the 3 winners on February 12. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exceptions to the rules are:

- Authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months are eligible for this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another special/theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible for this one. For example, if you took 2nd runner up in the Holiday contest, you won't be eligible to win a prize in this contest (though you are free to submit and participate).

- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.

The following rules also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "VALENTINE'S DAY CONTEST 2004" in the "Notes" field of the submission.

- Story must have a Valentine's Day theme - romance, gift giving, Cupid, and holiday lore. Please don't just submit a normal story, throwing in random hearts & flowers. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)

Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input (aka votes). The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests.

Important Note: Once your story is submitted, it may take 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.

As always, any cheating will result in disqualification of the story. We reserve the right to disqualify any story/author for any reason at any time.

Good luck, and have fun! ;)

Well, hell, Lauren! Just for the hell of it submit it in my name then! lol Just kidding!

I know just the Valentines Day Massacre to write about!! *wringing hands in wicked glee!*

I posted some spare ideas over on Story Ideas if anyone wants them.

Of course, then my story went sideways. *sigh*
back to the drawing board.

- Story must have a Valentine's Day theme - romance, gift giving, Cupid, and holiday lore. Please don't just submit a normal story, throwing in random hearts & flowers.

So I'm not allowed to have a story that'd go into the romance category, without throwing in that something happens on V-day? The word "romance"/"love" can cover a lot of stuff.

Would a story about a man who has gone through a divorce and his search for that next love, be acceptable for a V-day story in the contest?

/LP

Lovepotion69 said:
- Story must have a Valentine's Day theme - romance, gift giving, Cupid, and holiday lore. Please don't just submit a normal story, throwing in random hearts & flowers.

So I'm not allowed to have a story that'd go into the romance category, without throwing in that something happens on V-day? The word "romance"/"love" can cover a lot of stuff.

Would a story about a man who has gone through a divorce and his search for that next love, be acceptable for a V-day story in the contest?

/LP

if the search takes place on Feb 14...or perhaps if he finds his true love that day. The editors tend to be liberal at allowingthem in . watch out for the voters.

I'd love one where the divorce occurred Feb 14, so each anniversary he revisits his lawyer's office....

Re: Me

damppanties said:
I have an idea but I have to write it... *sigh*
oh, please, please...the elf story was a fave of mine!

in my dreams, I write as well as you do....

Re: Re: Me

sirhugs said:
oh, please, please...the elf story was a fave of mine!

in my dreams, I write as well as you do....

*blushing*

Thank you. :) :rose:

There's going to be a chapter 2 to the elf story if you're interested.

Down to writing then...

Re: Re: Re: Me

damppanties said:
*blushing*

Thank you. :) :rose:

There's going to be a chapter 2 to the elf story if you're interested.

Down to writing then...

Ooooo! A chapter 2?

*settles in to attempt to wait patiently*

Whisp :rose:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Me

whispering_surrender said:
Ooooo! A chapter 2?

*counter settling in with the anticipation of finally seeing the real life romance story which was promised ages ago*

:p :rose:

Edit - realised frog and rose don't go well together, but let them be. :D

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Me

whispering_surrender said:
Ooooo! A chapter 2?

Can I hold your hand to wait together? :D

Once the stories are accepted where will we find them? (The story home page or will there be a link somewhere on the bulletin board?)

Quick question.

If we had to wait until today (the 20th) to post Valentine's Day stories, how could such a story have public feedback dating back on Jan 14th? :confused:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Me

damppanties said:
Can I wait with you all? When do the fireworks begin? :D

Only if you wrote chapter 2. :mad:

You posted it? Ok, join us. :D

My Valentine's Day CONTEST story is not in the Valentine's Day Contest story page. (Yes, I wrote "Valentine's Day Contest" in my notes section of the submit page.) So, what gives? :confused:

Back