Fractured Light

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She reached out, stretching her legs as the aches slowly began to fade. Her thighs bulged with dense muscle but an odd sensation distracted her. Instead of curling her toes at the end of the stretch, she felt new, complex muscles where the arch of her foot should be. She pushed and pulled at the new muscles and the stretched toes of her feet opened and closed.

The girl lay on the floor, her head pounding. Her entire body itched. She released her tail and rubbed herself against the rough floor, hissing in satisfaction as the wood scratched against her tough skin. Her tail lashed out, twisting and turning on its own until she turned to her stomach to rub the length of her body against the ground.

Instead, she froze in a panic.

The shadow creature was nearly completely formed. Light flared at the top of its head. Two reddened sparks blazed to life and it began to turn as if orienting itself.

The thief's right eye kept watch on the shadow creature as her left frantically searched the room for the closest exit. An opening lay high above a table to her left, to the side of the stairs leading to the fourth floor. She wasn't sure of her new body but knew that if she stayed a moment longer, it would attack.

She readied herself to leap but the shadow creature moved away from her. It floated around the room, pausing at her torn clothes before moving to the stairs. She watched, incredulously, as it began to move up the stairs.

Looking down, she saw why - she couldn't see herself. One of her eyes glanced up to ensure the creature was gone. Seeing that it was, she moved. And still couldn't see herself.

The thief carefully and awkwardly pulled herself to a standing position, her two groups of thick toes splayed out in an angle. She waved her heavily muscled arm in front of her crested, ridged head but the invisibility still held.

And then she felt it. Within her core, along her back, she could feel a light pulling sensation as if she were holding a weight. And was growing tired from the heft of it. With curious, careful prodding, she found she could release it and, once done, she immediately appeared.

Her massive tail pulled at her lower back but her leg muscles shifted to compensate as she moved. Glancing up at the ceiling, she made a decision. As quietly as possible, she retrieved her satchel and gathered the loose gemstones before slinging the bag over her neck. She walked to the wall beneath the opening and then grabbed at the rough bricks lining the wall.

Although she half-expected to fail, her grip was powerful and she instinctively grabbed at a lower brick on the wall with her foot. With a final backwards glance at the stairs, she climbed the wall and struggled through the opening.

The cool night air thrilled her naked body until she made the mistake of looking down. Squeezing her eyes shut, she began to climb down, lowering herself with surprising speed as her hands and feet found exposed stones with accuracy.

As soon as she touched the ground, she ran with an awkward loping gait. She only allowed herself time to relax when she reached the trees and, even then, one eye turned to watch the tower.

This. This is what I get for using magic, she chided herself. Never again. Never. Again.

She patted the full satchel at her side as she began to pick her way through the forest. A village was nearby and she was fairly certain her skillset and new abilities would allow her to steal some poor woman's clothing. And then she had a certain magical artifact seller to track down and have a word with.

While she walked, her tail curled and uncurled as she imagined herself strangling him with it until he turned her back.

Although, she thought to herself. Enhanced climbing and true invisibility would be awfully useful. Maybe...

12