Red Ribbons in Her Hair Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think I'm putting an unmarked on this guy. He's dirty and now we got to prove it."

"Yeah, before anymore bodies show up."

* * * *

David closed the garage door quietly, his body tight as anger flooded him. How dare they think to invade his privacy? How dare they question him or touch his things? He stared at the spot on the floor that he'd stood on while they'd been in his garage. If there had only been one, he'd have killed him, but with two, he'd been forced to stand in front of the drops of blood on the back of his car, blood from that bitch's nose.

His hands flexed and closed into impotent fists as he thought of the two men in his private domain. Then he opened the door to the house, an eerie smile starting upon his face, a smile that promised death. Humming, he locked it behind him and headed for the basement once more.

* * * *

Kaylee barely stirred when Gabe slid his hand down her back, mumbling his name in her sleep. The captain had sent him home after almost twenty hours straight on the case, telling him to come back in fresh in the morning. He'd fought it, but then Tony had reminded him of Kaylee and the fact that she was still at the hospital with Dean.

Now all he could think about was taking her home and climbing into bed, wrapping himself around her and going unconscious for four hours. "Kaylee?" he murmured, kissing her cheek.

"Gabe?" Kaylee sat up, blinking her tired, red rimmed eyes. "Did you find her?"

"No, not yet," he said. "How's Dean?" he nodded toward the still form on the bed hooked up to machines and medicine by tubes and wires.

"He's going to make it, they say. He hasn't come to yet, but they'd rather he didn't until they can make sure his lung isn't going to collapse again. They don't want him fighting the ventilator."

Gabe held his hand out to her, helping her to her feet and noting her wince when she stretched out. "They should have given you a bed," he said.

"No, I thought I'd sit with him, just in case he woke up."

He wrapped an arm over her shoulder, steering her towards the door. "The captain sprung me until morning. Want to go home, climb into bed with me and sleep for a few hours?"

"Sleep?" she asked, her eyebrows arching.

"Hmm, and anything else that might come up along the way," he said, smiling as he nuzzled her neck.

She held him for a moment, sharing her strength with him. He kissed her, lingering a moment as he let her fresh taste and soft lips distract him from the ugliness of his job. "Let's go home," he whispered, lifting his head.

12