TT Spalding - PI

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
thecelt
thecelt
2,520 Followers

Bruno handed Maggie and I each an 8x10 glossy of Bill Price and Connie Partridge together in the living room of 1126 Landing Place Lane, the home of our Henry and Connie Partridge. As I studied the picture I began to laugh, followed immediately by Maggie. We laughed so hard we had tears coming out of our eyes in buckets. I couldn't help it, I laughed until I was almost sick. I had never been happier in my life. When we began to slow down, he gave each of us a small note with something written on it. I read it and began laughing again, only this time harder if that was possible.

Maggie recovered first and went over to Bruno and gave him a big wet kiss. I watched in satisfied pleasure as Bruno's eyes flew wide open. Ah, Maggie could kiss a mad bull into submission without breathing hard. God, I loved that woman. But I think I've said that before.

Maggie went immediately to the phone and called Henry. He was still at work and she told him to stop in before going home. She had something he had to see. No hint or clue from my Maggie. She wanted to tell him this in person. So did I.

The three of us were waiting for Henry when he came through the door. I almost blurted it out right then when I saw his face. He looked sadder than an unhappy bloodhound. If looks told the tale, he believed his world was coming to an end. I was glad I wasn't the one responsible for making him look like that. Hell, I decided to put him out of his misery.

"Henry, this is Bruno Morelli. He is one of my top investigators and he was assigned to your case. I'm going to let Bruno give you a verbal report right away. The finished report will be done tomorrow and you'll have everything we have then but no use making you wait. We'll also give you back the information you gave us. That will conclude our business."

I turned to Bruno with a solemn look on my face and told him to go ahead and give a 'verbal report' to our client. Bruno returned my solemn look with one of his own, almost causing me to crack up right then. I turned and sat before I burst out laughing.

"Mr. Partridge, I can tell you that your wife, Mrs. Constance Partridge, has been seeing a man by the name of William Price three times a week from 1:30 pm to 4:20 pm give or take a few minutes. This has been occurring for just over three weeks as of last Friday. He visits on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday."

"Are there any questions so far?" Bruno waited to see if Henry was going to ask but it appeared not.

"Well then, the purpose of the visits is clear in these pictures I have. Please look at them before I give you the conclusion."

With that, he handed three pictures to Henry, similar to the ones he gave Maggie and me. Henry looked at the first one, then the second and finally the third. I watched his haggard face begin to relax and then the smile began. By the time he had understood the significance of the pictures, we were almost beside ourselves. One last thing to do.

As Henry looked up at Bruno, Bruno very solemnly gave him the clincher.

"I have some further information about Mr. William Price. Mr. Price is lovingly referred to as Billy Boy Price. He is the son of a woman your wife knows. He is gay and is currently cohabitating with another male friend named Clyde Post. So. In conclusion, your wife has been meeting three times a week with a gay male friend who is helping her complete the requirements for her GED. She is going to complete the course this very week and she is hoping to surprise you this coming Friday with a small party at your home."

At that we all burst out laughing as we watched Henry. He was sitting there with the pictures forgotten in his hands grinning like a moron. He was absolutely beaming! His wife, his love, was not cheating on him!

Bruno had spoken to Bill Price. Billy boy told him she was doing this as a gift of love. She wanted to get her GED so she could get a job and make some money so Henry didn't have to work so many hours. Billy was helping her to complete the requirements laid out by the state and he promised to help her find a good job, maybe one with the city.

"This is all true? This is what she was doing all along? You're sure? Please, are you sure?"

"Positive Henry. Absolutely positive. Congratulations: your wife loves you and she is completely faithful to you. Go home, Henry. Go home to your loving wife and enjoy her."

When Mickey Spillane wrote Mike Hammer, he was more concerned with the bad guys and I loved his novels like I loved my wife. But damn! Wasn't it fun to see the good guy win one once in a while?

Henry left, I gave Bruno a check for $900 instead of the $800 he normally got because I was so damn glad it worked out as it did and Maggie and I locked up for the night. We had done well: case solved, husband and wife still together, money in our pocket and love in our hearts. We went home to enjoy our own life.

Epilog

That night as we lay sated and relaxed in each other's arms after another bout of loving sex, Maggie asked me if it was time to think about a vacation. I considered but finally told her I thought it would have to wait. We had another client.

"What's this one about or should I ask?"

"You can ask me anything my dear wife so long as you don't care if I answer. Anyway, this guy came in yesterday morning when you were running some errands. He just found out his wife is seeing someone but he's not sure who. Seems she, . . . , well, I'll just let you meet him and draw your own conclusions. I don't want to influence you. Might have to use both Polly and Bruno on that one."

"You and your hunches. Goodnight lover."

To be Continued...

thecelt
thecelt
2,520 Followers
12