It's The First Annual Nude Day Erotic Story Contest!

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Hi writers!

July 14th is National Nude Day. If there's a holiday that's more fitting for a Literotica Story contest, I don't know what it is!

You may begin submitting your entries on Sunday, June 22nd. The last day to submit contest entries is Sunday, July 6th. We will announce the 3 winners on Saturday, July 12. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exceptions to the rules are:

- We will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.

- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.

The following guidelines also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "NUDE DAY STORY CONTEST 2003" in the "Notes" field of the submission.

- Story must have a Nude Day theme: public nudity, exhibitionism, clothing (or the lack thereof), skinny-dipping, etc. Be creative! Please don't just submit a normal story, throwing in a streaker or two. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)

Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input (aka votes). The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests.

Important Note: Once your story is submitted, it may take 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.

Good luck, and have fun! ;)

Laurel! Question!

Okay so you're accepting submissions the 22nd...when will the first one's be posted? For the Valentine's day contest I thought that since I submitted the first day you were accepting submissions that I'd be one of the first posted, but many more were posted before mine...

Are people allowed to submit their stories before the 22nd? Is it just a big pain in the butt if they do?

We'd rather you didn't, but if you absolutely must because you'll be out of town or for other schedule reasons, but a big note at the beginning of the story, IN THE TEXT OF THE STORY ITSELF, that the story is for the contest. We won't post it until after the 22nd.

Laurel said:
We'd rather you didn't, but if you absolutely must because you'll be out of town or for other schedule reasons, but a big note at the beginning of the story, IN THE TEXT OF THE STORY ITSELF, that the story is for the contest. We won't post it until after the 22nd.

thank you!!

Pity poor "west coast" Chicklet. You folks in the UK will have an eight hour jump on her.

RF

since Laurel operates on the west coast, I think she sides with me (wink)

Chicklet,

So have you posted your story at midnight, Left Coast Daylight Saving Time?

RF

i haven't even started my story yet :eek: I think I'm gonna just wait for next year.

Two up

Rumple Foreskin and I have got our submissions for Nude Day posted.

I waited a whole 12 hours after 00.01 GMT to let others post as well. Where are they?

Og

Hey Ogg,

I'll vote for you if you vote for me. :) That way we'll only need to dig up 23 more votes and then, if no one else enters, we can share the prize. Oh, visions of wealth and fame unbounded.

I was surprised to find two "signed" comments in my e-mail the morning. "Romance" category folks seem to be a nicer crowd than the usual rowdies I hang around.

Good luck.

Rumple Foreskin

I have two ideas already for my Halloween story. I still won't get it finished in time for the deadline though.

The Earl

Voted, but ...

Rumple Foreskin said:
Hey Ogg,

I'll vote for you if you vote for me. :) That way we'll only need to dig up 23 more votes and then, if no one else enters, we can share the prize. Oh, visions of wealth and fame unbounded.

Read and voted for you. I liked it.

Just checked my votes. 16 and currently 3.50. That is worse than "The Worst Chain Story Ever Chap 01". Oh well. You can't win them all.

Gives plenty of scope for the rest of Authors' Hangout to get their stories in. Come on everybody, you must be able to write stories that score more than 3.50.

Back to the wordprocessor. My next submission for National Nude Day is scheduled to be completed by Wednesday. Can I do better than 3.50? Watch this space.

Og

Og,

I feel your pain. Just checked my totals, and they're even worse than yours. My current tally is 17 votes for a whopping 3.24. Only one of my other nine stories is below four. The odd thing is, I've gotten three signed complimentary feedbacks. Assuming those folks voted a four or five, everyone else must feel old Moonlight & Revelation is revealing something they don't cotton to seeing.

So much for fame and fortune. Just remember, I'm ahead of you by .26 in the battle for last place. And when I lay a big 5.0 on you, that'll really put you in a world of hurt. :) By the way, where did you find the posted contest stories?

Rumple Foreskin

Last edited:
grin

maybe i should just submit nonsense with OH YES I"M CUMMING in the middle and still beat you two = )

ps - your stories deserve better than those sucky votes.

Rumple Foreskin said:
Og,

I feel your pain. Just checked my totals, and they're even worse than yours. My current tally is 17 votes for a whopping 3.24. Only one of my other nine stories is below four. The odd thing is, I've gotten three signed complimentary feedbacks. Assuming those folks voted a four or five, everyone else must feel old Moonlight & Revelation is revealing something they don't cotton to seeing.

So much for fame and fortune. Just remember, I'm ahead of you by .26 in the battle for last place. And when I lay a big 5.0 on you, that'll really put you in a world of hurt. :) By the way, where did you find the posted contest stories?

Rumple Foreskin

There are now four stories - go to Home, look under News and click the link.

I liked Alex de Kok's contribution as well. It is nicely paced and a good variation on the Mature theme.

I'll have to either aim low with the next submission in a race for last place, or raise my game to a level I rarely reach.

I admit that I have enjoyed all the other three stories. If future posts to this contest are as good the competition is going to be fierce.

Og

i was wondering if there would be more holidays next year. This sounds real exciting and i'm sorry i missed the first half of the year.

Hi. i know of the five holidays that are/were being used this year. i was asking if there would be any additional holidays added next year. :)

hopelessromanticsub said:
Hi. i know of the five holidays that are/were being used this year. i was asking if there would be any additional holidays added next year. :)

Only the Laurel knows. Personally, I'd like to see St. Swithen's Day be celebrated with due pomp and circumstance. And Margaret Sanger's birthday would seem logical for this board.

RF

Where are the other stories?

There is still time to get your National Nude Day story in.

I have just submitted my second entry. I think I am aiming for last place because it is less erotic than the other one, but it gets people reading my other stories as well.

I think I get the reads because the readers think: "Surely he can't always be that bad?"

Sorry, folks. I am.

Og

Two up.

I have now had my second story posted to the National Nude Day contest.

It is Beach Protest, my special attempt at coming last.

So where are all the other entries?

Og.

Re: Two up.

oggbashan said:
I have now had my second story posted to the National Nude Day contest. ...
So where are all the other entries?
Wow, I get to vote for you twice and it will be legal.

I have no interest in contrived nudity though.

Perdita

Can you post more than one story to a contest? Is there a list of rules anywhere?

The Earl

Rumple Foreskin said:
Pity poor "west coast" Chicklet. You folks in the UK will have an eight hour jump on her.

RF

Ooh er, missus, I'd be exhausted by the end... Or am I the only one with a dirty mind here?

Back