A Brilliant Mind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,801 Followers

She read it again then wrote back: "Me, too. On both counts." She thought about erasing the last sentence several times but couldn't bring herself to it because she really couldn't wait to see him again. She hit send then went to take a shower.

She never took her cell phone in the bathroom, but she did that night. She'd just gotten wet when she heard it buzz. She poked her head out to read it and smiled. "I'm almost afraid to see you in a ball gown. You're so beautiful in your dance clothes I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it. But at least I'll die a happy man!"

She finished showering and never stopped smiling the entire time. She'd never texted with a man before and she didn't know what the rules were. All she knew was she couldn't stop thinking about this much younger, very handsome man who worked on something she didn't understand. She thought it was most likely just some silly, temporary infatuation, but unlike the handful of other men she'd dated, she couldn't get him out of her mind.

She replayed their kiss over and over in her head and when she got into bed she knew it would happen. Her hand moved slowly to that 'sacred spot' and found its mark. A soft, swollen fleshy mound. Just the softest touch sent waves of warm pleasure through her body while the images of 'the kiss' fueled her passion. She held off her first orgasm in a very long time for as long as she could but when it came it shook her to her core.

"So this is what puppy love feels like," was the last thing she thought of before closing her eyes.

Bingham forced himself not to hound her all day with texts but he did send her one around 10am after he got up. "Hope you slept well. I had a rough night because I couldn't stop thinking about this beautiful woman with the most amazing red (-ish) hair." He put a smiley emoji after it then hit 'send.'

He got a reply a minute later. "I'm sorry to hear that. I slept quite well, though, thanks to this lovely, warm image of a very handsome man unexpectedly kissing me." She used an emoji of a heart then hit 'send.'

Late that evening, Bingham saw another text from her and hurried to open it. "Tell me what you think." There was a photo of a beautiful ball gown. Bingham didn't know fabric other than the fabric of space-time, but he did know it was beautiful.

He typed: "Wow. It's gorgeous, Monica. I'm trying to imagine you in it, but my mind can't take in that much beauty all at once. Another plus for me is no one will notice what I'm wearing as all eyes will be on you." Smiley face.

Monica was all smiles when she read it. Even if this only lasted through the dance, it felt so good to feel this way again. Everything seemed so interesting and life was again worth living. Love...or whatever this feeling was...was intoxicating and she'd forgotten just how much so over the last couple of years.

They texted several times a day until Valentine's Day rolled around a few days later. Bingham's mom gushed praise all over him when she saw him in his dark suit with the crisp, blue, silk tie.

"You look so much like your father at your age! This older woman is a very lucky gir...woman," she told him. "Oh, my! You are just so handsome!"

He'd had to ask about corsages as he had no idea if women even still wore them or if they were appropriate for this particular affair. "Most definitely," was the answer he got back so he'd picked one up that afternoon and put in the refrigerator.

There were three white roses with smaller red ones between them and his mom assured him it was perfect. She still wasn't sure why her son was interested a woman that much older than him, but she loved him and wanted to be supportive so she kept her reservations to herself and wished him a wonderful evening.

He'd reserved a limousine for the evening and when it stopped in front of Monica's home, the sweaty palms were back. He felt silly wiping them on the expensive new suit he wearing as he walked up to her door. She lived in a reasonably nice, detached home in a decent neighborhood. Real estate was incredibly expensive there and Bingham guessed this modest home was valued at around a million dollars. In most 'normal' places, it would likely be worth maybe a quarter of that amount.

He rang the doorbell and waited. He could feel his heart pounding as he heard the sound of heels on hardwood. When she opened the door, he couldn't move.

She was wearing a strapless, sleeveless red gown that fell to the floor. Just below her breasts was a large, slightly-darker-red band that was tied in a bow in the back. Long, gold earrings dangled from her lobes while a heart-shaped gold chain adorned her neck. Monica wore a touch of makeup to work but nothing like this. Between he gown and the way her makeup looked and the way her hair had been styled, Bingham could barely breath.

"Did you want to come in for a bit?" she asked.

"Oh. Yes, of course. Sorry, I just can't believe how beautiful you look. Even when I tried to imagine you in this dress..."

He stepped inside and Monica closed the door. "Would you like a drink or anything before we go?" she asked.

He was still staring when he replied, "No. No, thank you. I'm fine."

She stopped in front of him and smiled. "Are you okay?"

"Very," he told her. "Oh. This is for you." He handed her the box with the corsage.

"Tanner. It's beautiful!" she said. She removed it then held out her wrist for him to put it on her. "The red and white goes perfectly with the dress." She looked up at him and said, "Thank you. I love it." She put one hand on his shoulder and put her cheek next to his. "You look very handsome, by the way," she said as she pulled back.

"Wait right there. I have something for you," she said still smiling brightly.

Tanner was wishing he'd worn a jock strap under his briefs. He'd done that several times in high school before he was able to um...keep things under control...when dancing with attractive girls. She was just so...gorgeous.

She came back with a red flower of her own. It was also a small rose set on a white background shaped liked a heart. She pinned it to his collar and said, "Perfect!"

"Yes, you are," he said before realizing he was speaking. "Monica...you are unbelievably beautiful."

"Thank you, Tanner. You know, I...actually feel beautiful," she told him. "And I have you to thank for that."

"I had nothing to do with it," he assured her. "This is all you."

Monica thanked him then said, "Perhaps we should be going."

He saw a wrap on the couch and said, "Oh, here. Let me." He draped it over her shoulders and asked her, "Will this be warm enough?"

"No, but on Valentine's Day, that doesn't matter."

When the arrived at the post-graduate school's cultural center, the limo driver opened the door for them and Tanner helped Monica stand. He offered her his arm and no sooner had they taken their first steps then people began saying, "Good evening, Dr. Bingham."

"Doctor?" Monica said. "You didn't mention that."

"It's not that big a deal. If you stick with it long enough, they'll give a PhD to anyone."

After many such greetings, the tables were turned. "Monica? Monica Quinn? Is that you? Oh, my goodness! How long has it been?"

A woman of about 50 was walking in with a man who appeared to be her husband. Monica stopped and immediately hugged her. "Debra? It's so good to see you!" She looked at the man with her and said, "Thomas! It's good to see you, too!" He kissed her on the cheek and told her she looked stunning.

"Me? No, Debra is the one who looks amazing!"

The two women chatted briefly before Debra said, "Are you here with Dr. Bingham?"

"I am," she said. "Shame on me, I had no idea it was 'doctor' until two minutes ago."

"Well, he's only the most eligible scientist bachelor in the world—and the most famous." Debra said hello to Bingham with an unusual amount of difference and Monica suddenly felt very confused.

As they made their way inside, Monica said, "There's something else you're not telling me, isn't there?"

Bingham smiled and said, "Who? Me?"

She narrowed her eyes and gave him a look which made Tanner laugh.

He got them something to drink then began introducing her to anyone he knew. Most of the time, though, it was everyone else wanting to be introduced. "So you're Tanner Bingham!" or words to that effect came from virtually everyone they spoke to.

"Hmmm. Everyone seems to know you," Monica said sensing something was up. Something she should know but didn't.

Just before the dance began, the admiral who was in charge of the Naval Post-Graduate School called for everyone's attention.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for joining us tonight on this most romantic of days. We have a live band for your entertainment and a very large dance floor we hope you'll take advantage of. There's an open bar behind you and cash bars on either side so...drink up. Lastly, it is my privilege to introduce someone we are especially proud to have on our staff this year. If you haven't heard of him you either don't follow physics or you've been living on the moon. His face has been on pretty much every newspaper or magazine this past year and many of his believe he'll be Time's Man of the Year. Sorry...Person of the Year." There was some quiet laughter. "Ladies and gentleman, please help me welcome the man who has discovered 'the theory of everything' making him the Albert Einstein of our time and future Nobel Prize winner...Doctor Tanner Bingham!"

The entire room burst into loud, thunderous applause causing Tanner to want to slink under the floor and escape and Monica to applaud finally knowing who this young man really was. She was careful not to let her jaw remain agape as it had been during the announcement, but she was still stunned beyond belief.

She watched him bashfully raise a hand and mouth, "Thank you" several times while waiting for the noise to subside. Monica felt like every eye in the room was on them because...they were.

"They're staring at you," he said out of the corner of his mouth. "You can't blame them, though. You're the most beautiful woman here by far."

Monica kept smiling until the admiral began speaking again. She grabbed his arm and said, "My I have a word with you?"

She almost dragged him out of the large hall and into a quiet area before saying, "Why didn't you tell me?" Bingham just shrugged his shoulders. "Now I know where I've seen you! You were on the front page of the paper! I just couldn't place the face with the name but I knew I'd seen you. My God...you're famous!"

"Well, maybe among other nerdy scientists," he said minimizing his accomplishments.

"So you actually discovered this 'theory of everything'?" she asked still astonished.

"That's what they tell me. Dozens of other physicists have reviewed my work and so far, it's held up pretty well."

"Tanner, that's just so...incredible and so impressive. I feel so silly. I must be the only person here who had no idea. How could you not tell me?" she asked. He could feel her pain and in turn felt bad for her.

"Monica? I don't want you to like me for my work. I want you to like me for me. That's very important to me."

"Brilliant and yet so humble. So modest." Her eyes were locked on his again and he wanted to kiss her so badly it was killing him.

"I do like you for you," she said. "That's why I'm here with you tonight. Honestly? Since you kissed me, I can't think of anything else. I feel like a little girl...in love. It's...it's crazy, you know?"

He put his hand on her face and said, "I know. Believe me, I know. You are in my head 24/7, Monica. And...I...I really like that."

"I thought it was just me," she said quietly.

"Not hardly," he said as he leaned down to kiss her.

"There he is! Dr. Bingham!" they heard causing him to pull back. It was a reporter from one of the local Monterey TV stations.

"Dr. Bingham, I'm Cheryl Riemer from KOTR, Channel 2. Could we possibly steal a few moments of your time for an interview?"

"As long as my beautiful date isn't left standing by herself," he said.

"No, Tanner. That's not necessary. You go ahead. I'll wait right here."

"Nonsense," he said taking her hand and dragging her in front of the cameras. He leaned over and said, "Misery loves company. Now smile!"

For the next ten minutes, Ms. Riemer asked Bingham questions which well over Monica's head. Near the end, she said, "So, Dr. Bingham. With all of the talk about your work, let's finish up on a lighter note. As one of the most famous and eligible bachelors in the world, who is this beautiful lady here with you tonight?"

Bingham took her hand and smiled at Monica. "This beautiful woman is Monica Quinn, the owner of the Pacific Grove Dance studio which is where we met. She's not only beautiful, but an incredibly talented dancer and gifted teacher."

"Ms. Quinn, can you tell us a little about yourself and just how serious this relationship is with Dr. Bingham?"

Monica had never been on television before let alone asked a question by a reporter. "Well, as Tanner...Dr. Bingham said, I own a dance studio in Pacific Grove and um...that's pretty much it."

"You didn't answer my most important question, Ms. Quinn. Have you stolen Dr. Bingham's heart on this Valentine's Day or do we other women still have a chance?"

She put the microphone in Monica's face, but Tanner leaned over and said, "Sorry, ladies, but this beautiful woman has most definitely captured my heart."

The reporter thanked them both then did her sign-off leaving Tanner and Monica back where they were some 10-15 minutes ago.

"My apologies," he said. "I had no idea that was going to happen."

Monica was looking into his eyes again as she said, "I owe you a second date."

"You do?" he asked not sure where that was coming from. "I'll take it, of course, but um...why do you say that?"

"You told me if you won my heart I'd have to agree to a second date. Since I just agreed to go out with you again..."

Bingham leaned down and kissed her again. Softly and slowly for a very long time as kisses go. "Told you," he said as the kiss ended.

"You did warn me, didn't you?" she had to agree.

"Come on. There's a big old dance floor waiting for you to show off your expertise!"

Word quickly spread about Monica's abilities and at one point the entire dance floor was cleared for just the two of them. "I hope I don't trip us both again," he said as they took their first steps.

"It worked out rather pleasantly the first time, don't you think?" she said smiling that amazing smile at him. There was loud applause when they finished and Bingham loved being able to give his beautiful date a well-deserved moment in the spotlight.

They danced many more times until just after 1am when the band announced they would be playing their final number of the night. "Grab that special Valentine and join us, please. We're going to slow things way down for you now."

Bingham took her hand and led her out to the middle of the floor. He got into perfect position and stepped off with the music. But when they heard the song, the perfect form faded away and the professional dancer only wanted to hold her handsome young date.

"You've lost...that lovin' feelin', oh, that lovin' feelin'..."

"No I haven't," Tanner said quietly in her ear. "I've only just found it." She looked into his eyes as he said, "Thanks to you."

He saw a tear well up in her eye and said, "Too much too soon?" he asked hoping he hadn't just blown it.

She shook her head slightly. "Not at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. I think I just found it, too," she said before pulling her face as close to his as she could. For the rest of the song, they danced around in a circle the way Tanner had danced all of his life before meeting Monica.

When he walked her up to her door she asked him if he'd like to come in for a drink or perhaps just to talk.

"Oh, I don't know if that's such a good idea," he said. He saw a puzzled look on her face coupled with hurt. "It's just that, well, if I come inside, I don't think I'll be happy with...just talking."

"Oh. Ohhh!" she said, her smile returning. "I see." She reached for his hand and said, "Well, since you've won my heart..."

"And don't forget you've stolen mine," he said interrupting him.

"Then maybe it would be nice if you did come inside." She wasn't looking at him when she spoke and Bingham waited for her to look up at him.

"Are you sure?" he asked with genuine concern.

"Yes," she said quietly. "I'm sure." She pulled his hand and led him into the foyer. She locked the door then said, "Would you like a drink first?"

"No, thank you," he said just as quietly.

"Okay. Then um...why don't you come with me?" she asked as she took his hand again.

Her home was very tastefully decorated and that included the master bedroom where she led him before closing that door, too.

"Would it ruin the romance if I told you I have to pee like crazy?"

Bingham laughed a genuine laugh then got serious again before saying, "Nothing could ruin this evening."

"I don't really have anything special to wear for you. Is that okay?" she asked as though it might be a big deal.

"Nothing is just fine," he assured her with a smile.

"Oh, okay. Well, that should be pretty easy then. I just thought perhaps you might prefer lingerie or whatever."

"Uh-uh. You don't need lingerie or...anything to make you more desirable to me." He touched her face and said, "Because that's impossible."

"Be still my beating heart," she said putting his hand on her chest. "See what you're doing to me? Now I'm the one who's afraid she might die...of excitement and happiness."

"Will you die a happy woman?" he teased.

"I'll let you know in an hour or so, okay?" she teased. "Be right back." She kissed him before disappearing into the bathroom giving Bingham time to remove his jacket, tie, and shoes and wait for her.

He'd been looking down when she came back into the bedroom. Bingham stood up and found himself speechless. Monica was wearing a strapless red bra and panty set, nude stockings, and heels. In essence, she'd just taken off her dress. She was covering her breasts with her arms after having flipped off the light in the bathroom.

"Okay, so after having made such a big deal about how much older I am, I have to admit I not only feel like I'm 18 in terms of my confidence, I'm not sure I even want you to look at me."

It was dark but not to the point he couldn't see her. He stayed where he was then said, "I don't know whether or not I can help with your level of confidence, but I will tell you the truth."

"Be gentle...please?"

"When you were just wearing a leotard or whatever in the studio, I thought you were the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen." He took a step closer then told her, "But when I saw you in that red Valentine's Day gown, you looked even more beautiful."

"So I should put it back it on for you?" she asked in a way that made him think she was serious.

"You didn't let me finish," he said moving forward then putting his hands on the backs of her arms that were still covering her upper body. "Now, however, you look even more amazing and more beautiful, Monica. In a word, you're perfect. Absolutely perfect."

She could make out his eyes well enough to know he meant what he said. "I believe you," she told him. "I still don't feel very confident, but I do believe you."

"Come here," he said pulling her close. Monica lowered her arms and accepted his embrace. "We have all night and there's no pressure. We could just hug and maybe kiss a little if you'd prefer. Whatever you want, okay?"

She rested her head on his shoulder and thanked him. "I feel safe with you," she said quietly.

"I'm glad. I want you to always feel that way when we're together."

"But I also feel...well, a little bit afraid."

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,801 Followers