A Brother's Mistake Ch. 04 - FINAL

Story Info
The final chapter of a brother and his twin sisters.
11.9k words
4.7
107.9k
260

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/22/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Inkysquid718
Inkysquid718
1,072 Followers

The house was quiet. I sat in my room and stared at the various pictures of my family I had around my room. My eyes settled on one picture where it was just Emma and I. She had her arms around my waist and looked blissfully happy. It was outside of the Starbucks that she worked at. She had been promoted and she was just beaming with pride. But, when I looked closer at the picture, I saw the look of love she had in her eyes. She was looking at me with a huge smile on her face. Emma was always so sweet. She was always the person that I counted on whenever I needed someone to cheer me up. She was always that person that was there for me no matter what. I sighed heavily as I realized I had ruined everything.

I got up from the chair and walked out of my room. Kelly had left early in the morning. She couldn't bear to stay around the house knowing that Emma's feelings were hurt. I walked over slowly to Emma's door and knocked on it softly.

"Go away." I heard her say from the other side.

"Emma, can we talk?"

There was a long silence. I then heard the sound of shuffling feet. The door to Emma's room opened slowly. She stood quietly and looked at me. Her eyes were red from crying. She tucked some of her hair behind her ear and waited. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Uh..."

"You're sorry for what? For taking advantage of both your sisters?" Emma asked. "Are you sorry for lying to us? Are you sorry for making me feel like there was something special between us? Are you sorry for making me feel like my emotions for you were one big gigantic mistake? Tell me. What are you sorry for?"

"I'm sorry for being an ass." I said. I took a deep breath to gather my thoughts. "I'm sorry for betraying you."

"You did."

"But, I can explain."

Emma shook her head slowly. "Rob, I don't know if I can take anymore of this."

"Emma, let me explain." I pleaded.

Emma nodded.

"I am not going to hide behind the excuse that I wasn't in control of all this. I am not going to lie to you and say I don't have feelings for you and Kelly. This is all new to me. This would be new to anyone. There is no possible way I man can handle being in love with both his sisters."

"You have feelings for Kelly?"

I nodded, "I love both of you."

"Kelly has the same feelings as I do?"

I shrugged, "I wouldn't say exactly the same. Hers is more physical while yours..."

Emma balled her hands into little fists and stomped on the carpet of her room soundly. "Ugh! She is so slutty, Rob! All she ever does is go around town having sex with guys that would give it to her. I never judged her for that; a woman has needs, but to have her take yet another man that I wanted so much, that is just like her!"

"Emma, she didn't take me away from you."

Emma pointed at me, "But, you let her fuck you."

"Emma..."

"I may be sweet. I may be the innocent one here, but I am no fool." Emma said.

Emma took a step towards me. She poked my chest firmly. "I gave something very special to you, Rob. I gave you the last bit of innocence I had left in this world we live in. I don't know how you see things playing out. I don't know how you view me. I don't know anything anymore!"

I reached out to her expecting to be rebuffed, but Emma fell into my arms. She sobbed wildly into my chest. I felt terrible. I felt lower than anything I could have conjured up. I felt like my world was falling apart. I held her tightly as she cried. As usual, Emma smelled amazing. Even after a night of crying, she managed to make herself the perfect Emma that I was always accustomed to. I kissed the top of her head softly.

"Emma, I don't know anything anymore either."

She pushed herself slowly off my chest and looked up at me with tears that ran down her face. "Do you love her more than me?"

I shook my head.

"The same?"

"Honestly?"

"Now would be the time to be honest with me again, Rob."

"I love you more, Emma." I said honestly. "I love you more because you are what you are. You're loving. You're kind. You're pure of heart. It has always been you. It will always be why I love you so much."

"Then why?"

"Because Kelly spurred me on first."

"What?"

I sighed in of myself. "It all started a few days ago. She came into my room when I was...well, taking care of myself. You know how sexual she is."

Emma nodded.

"She jumped on top of my bed and was physical with me. But, playfully physical." I shrugged. "I don't know, but something happened after that. It woke something in me. I tried to control it. But, I was too weak."

"There are plenty of women in town, Rob. You could have avoided all of this. You could have just kept us all as family." Emma said softly as she looked into my eyes. "Why did you cross that line?"

"I crossed that final line with you, Emma."

"But..."

I hesitated to tell her, but Emma deserved the truth. "When I stepped into your room the other night, I thought it was Kelly's. I thought you were Kelly."

"What?" Emma pushed back further with more force. Her eyes again filled with anger and frustration. "What?!"

Emma broke away from me. She started back towards her room, but I grabbed her delicate hand and held her in place. "I was drunk! I was fueled with lust. I was blinded like an idiot. I thought that if it was Kelly, I could keep the only pure love I know in my life pure! I didn't mean to. I love you so much. When I woke up that morning in your bed and realized that it was you and not Kelly, I hated myself for what I did. But, there was a part of me that felt like it was right. I felt like it was the best thing that could have happened to me. Yeah, it sounds crazy and totally fucked up if you said it to anyone else, but I don't care. I don't want to throw what we have away!"

Emma stood still. "I don't know what to say, Rob."

"I know."

Emma stepped forward. "I still love you. I still love you more than anything else on this planet. I don't know why I do after you hurt me like you did, but I do." She placed a soft, delicate palm on my chest. "I want you to search inside your heart and find the right thing to do. I can't tell you what to do. Kelly can't either. But, search for what is right."

"What if the right thing isn't what any of us want?"

She shrugged as she took her hand away. She stepped up to me on her toes and kissed me with trembling lips. "Then it will just have to be that way."

I watched as she turned and walked back into her room. She shut her door gently and I was left in the hallway by myself.

*

I sought refuge away from the house. I couldn't stand being there knowing what I had done. Every bit of me was disgusted at myself. I parked my car along the town square streets and walked in peace. The town was beginning to come to life. One thing about small towns like the one we lived in, night time was when everyone congregated. I began to regret my decision coming to the square for some time to think. I walked along the streets and started towards a local dive bar that I frequented after dad had passed away. Along the side of the bar, I spotted Kelly talking to a few of the bartenders that worked there. I made my way towards her and the two scantily clad women that she was talking to.

"Hey." I greeted as I stood before them.

Kelly looked over to me and smiled. "I was talking to these lovely ladies here to see if I can get some shifts working as a bartender."

The two attractive ladies smiled and walked back into the dive bar to resume their duties as the nightly rush of customers began to fill the place. I stepped towards Kelly and motioned for her to follow me as I made my way to some of the quieter streets round the town square.

"I talked to Emma." I said somberly.

"How is she?" Kelly asked.

I looked over to Kelly. She was dressed to kill as usual. She wore tight denim jeans that showed off her curvy hips and legs. She accented the jeans with a tight-fitting top that had a dangerous neckline that revealed a lot of her breasts. "How do you think she is?"

"Angry. Sad. Confused." Kelly said. She sighed heavily making her chest swell up. She looked over to me. "All of the above."

"Yeah."

"What are we going to do?" she said. "I am not about scurrying around the house every time she is home."

"I don't expect you to."

"Then what?"

"You're going to have to talk to her about this sooner or later. You can't run from it."

She nodded, "I know. She deserves an apology from me."

"She deserves more than that from me." I admitted. "I should have had more control over this. I let everything get out of hand. I let stupid shit get into my head and lost control. Dad would have been disappointed at me for losing so much control."

Kelly smiled, "Dad would have killed you no matter what."

I nodded, "But, I didn't mean in just doing what I did to you two."

Kelly reached out and held me in place on a quiet street. "Rob, you didn't force us. You didn't force me. Don't play the role of a martyr and take all the blame to this. This is just as my fault for starting you up as much as it was yours for losing control of things. It is just how life is."

"Yeah." I said as I continued to walk. I looked back as Kelly followed along. "But, something has to change."

"Like what?"

I shrugged, "Things have to stop."

"Wait, what?" Kelly said as she reached out and held onto my arm. She walked up to me and stared into my eyes. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You can't think after what happened, this can't continue the way it has been."

"Why the hell not?" Kelly asked.

"Because...it's wrong. It shouldn't have happened to begin with."

Kelly scoffed, "Is that what you were thinking when you fucked Emma that one night and then in the living room? Is that what you were thinking when we fucked in your car and in your room?"

"Kelly..."

"No, Rob." Kelly said as she stood in front of me and poked my chest firmly with her finger. "The floodgates are open. You gave me something that I want. I'm not going around fucking random guys anymore. I got you. I'm not losing you. What has gotten into you all of a sudden? Where was that guy that fucked me silly?"

"Emma..." I started.

Kelly glared at me. She rolled her eyes and huffed in bewilderment. "I don't fucking believe it. Miss Goodie Fucking Two Shoes gets her way again. Is that what you are telling me?"

"Kelly..."

"You're choosing sides?" Kelly asked. She stepped close to me. "Tell me, Rob. Are you choosing sides? Did she make you choose between the two of us? Are you telling me here, right now that you are choosing Emma over me?"

I was silent. I was at a loss for words. Was I choosing Emma over Kelly? What was I going to do? My heart was beating quickly as I looked into Kelly's fierce eyes. She looked into mine. She knew the answer before I could even open my mouth. She knew it was Emma. She knew Emma would always be the one that anyone chooses over her. My silence answered her. Kelly took a step back away from me. It was if everything, her wild side, her seductiveness, her ferocity left her. She was a shell of a person and it happened right in front of me.

Kelly nodded slowly. "I figured."

"Can you let me explain?"

"Explain what, Rob?" Kelly said as she looked away from me and down the street that we had been walking on. "What are you going to say that I don't already know? Everyone in this stupid down knows that out of Emma and me, I am the one that you can fuck easily. Out of the two of us, she was wife material and I was the easy lay. Is that what you are going to tell me? Are you going to make up some shit I don't know?"

"The whole town doesn't think that."

Kelly looked back at me, "Really?"

I nodded.

"Well, you might want to tell those seventeen guys I fucked. I don't think they got the memo when they zipped up and left to not ever call me again. When I walked through the town square, I recognized a few of the guys I fucked. They crossed the street. They crossed the fucking street just to avoid me." Kelly chuckled to herself. "You know what the fucked up thing is, Rob? If we didn't start up. If you didn't make me feel like there was a guy out there that could truly love me for what I am. If those guys even showed me some interest and treated me like a person, I would have fucked them right then and there."

"Kelly...don't say that."

Kelly shook her head. "It is the truth. I'm pathetic. I know I am not perfect like Emma. I realize this. But, like I said before, I always thought you had my back. This hurts, Rob."

I reached out to her. Kelly shied away from me and started walking down the street. "Where are you going?"

"Home."

"I drove here. Let me take you home."

Kelly looked back at me with tears streaming down her face and offered me a weary smile. "No thanks, Rob. You've done enough."

I watched in silence as Kelly walked away. My life was tumbling about. I was being torn in two different directions. I stood quietly and watched Kelly walk until she disappeared from view. I turned slowly turned around and started back to my car.

*

I stepped into the house. My heart skipped a beat when I heard the twins yelling at each other. I hurried through the kitchen and through the living room making my way up the stairs. I saw Kelly standing outside of Emma's room. Her face was wet with tears. Her mascara ran down her face as she tried to talk to Emma.

"Emma! I'm sorry!"

"No, I don't want to hear it from you. This is exactly what you do to me all the time!" Emma said from inside her room. "I didn't care about the guys in the past, but Rob? Why did you have to take him away from me?"

"I didn't mean to!" Kelly cried out in frustration. "It sort of just happened. I'm sorry!"

"Sorry? That's all you have to say to me?"

Kelly threw her hands of in frustration. "I can't control my feelings just like you can't control yours! Emma, it was just something that happened."

As I walked up the stairs quietly, the door to Emma's room ripped open quickly. Emma's appeared from the darkness of her room. I stood for a brief moment and took in the stark contrast between the two. Kelly stood there disheveled, but still a very sexual being. She cried heavily now. Her breasts heaving uncontrollably under the tight-fitting top that she wore from when I ran into her in town. Her hair was wild and framed her face perfectly. She was pure sex, an animal of pure instincts and desire. Emma stood in defiance at the doorway to her room. Her face was elegant. Her features were soft and desirable. She stood in her work uniform, but her clothes hugged her curves perfectly. Her hair was pinned into a neat ponytail. Emma was the picture perfect woman any man would kill for. Kelly was right, what man would choose her over Emma? Emma's eyes were fierce from her temper, but then softened when she noticed that I stood at the stairs.

"Rob?" Emma said.

Kelly turned to look at me as well. I stood there frozen. I didn't know what to say, but I knew something had to be done. I cleared my throat. "What time do you have to go to work, Emma?"

"I have a closing shift, so I have time." Emma said softly. Her tone was nowhere near what it was when she was arguing with Kelly.

"We all need to talk." I said.

"We do?" Kelly asked as she wiped away her tears smearing her mascara.

I walked up the rest of the steps and stood near my two lovely sisters. I reached over to Kelly and helped her wipe away the smeared mascara. "I am the source of the problem. We all need to clear things up before this family falls apart."

Both of the girls nodded and followed me down the stairs and into the living room. I sat in the recliner that our father used to sit in. I remembered those family nights where we all took our positions in the room and played board games until we couldn't stay awake anymore. I watched as Kelly sat across from me in the recliner our mother used to frequent and Emma sat on the couch where we had furthered our physical attention together. My hands were trembling. My thoughts were racing.

"First off, I want to apologize to the both of you. I stepped out of line. I did what no brother should do to two amazing sisters like the both of you. This was all my fault. I lost control."

"But..." Kelly tried to say, but stopped when I held up my hand.

"I don't care what had happened or how it happened. I am the man of the house. I should have had more control over everything including myself. Dad would have been disappointed knowing that I lost control and I wouldn't blame him. I lost control of my feelings."

"Rob," Emma said firmly. "These feelings you have? Kelly and I have them too. Sure, the three of us have been put into a situation where none of us were really prepared for, but it happened. You can't discount the past."

"No, I can't, Emma." I said slowly.

"Do you love us, Rob?" Kelly asked.

I looked over to her and nodded. "I love the both of you. But, the love I know you are speaking about is a little more complex. In regards to that, I love the both of you differently."

"How?" Emma said with her arms now crossed.

"I don't know..."

"No," Kelly said cutting me off. "You brought us down here to talk. You wanted to hash things out. So, let's hash things out."

I nodded. She had a point. I cleared my throat and looked over to Kelly. "Kelly, you are every man's idea of what a sexual woman should be. You are aggressive. You don't play around with what you want and what you need. You wear all your emotions on your sleeve and you let people know it. You are the bold person I want to be. I love you for that. I love that I don't have to play games with you. I am a man and I have needs that need to be fulfilled. You know and you do it without pretension. If someone would take the time to get through your exterior, they would see what I see, a kind and loving woman that has needs. As tough as you are, you are very vulnerable. I love that."

While I spoke, I saw my words sink into Kelly. There was a sense of understanding and gratitude in her eyes when I finally showed her that I knew and loved her for what she was. But, I spied Emma making a face and she did everything she could to not roll her eyes.

"Emma," I said as I turned my attention on her. "Kelly is right about one thing, there is no man in town...no, in this state that wouldn't kill to have you in his life. You are the epitome of what every man wants. You are caring. You are loving. You are gentle. You are sensual. You are sexual without having to bare skin. You are what I would want as a wife." I glanced over to Kelly and found my words stung her like they did in town. I looked back over to Emma, there was no turning back. My mind raced to find some sort of solution to everything. A lump formed in my throat as I couldn't. "Emma, you have been the back bone to this family. You took the lead and kept everything together. Not discounting what Kelly has contributed, but you were the glue that has kept us as a family. And, I have been tearing us apart."

"Rob..." Emma said softly.

"I don't know how to solve any of this. I don't know how to be fair to both of you and still love both of you like I do." I leaned back into the seat and took a deep breath. "So, I am going to do something rash."

"What are you talking about?" Kelly asked.

"I'm leaving." I uttered.

Both Emma and Kelly sat in their seats stunned by what I said. I looked to Emma and saw tears streaming down her face. I turned to Kelly and saw the anger in her eyes.

I shook my head slowly. "I am going to talk to my boss. He has a new shop that opened on the other side of town with an office above it. He had plans on having me run it. I am sure he won't mind me turning the office into a temporary place to stay until I find a place of my own."

Inkysquid718
Inkysquid718
1,072 Followers