A Child was Born

Story Info
The romantic story of Joseph & Mary.
6.3k words
4.45
49.7k
9
32
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jessy19
jessy19
2,729 Followers

***This is the story of Mary and Joseph, Jesus' parents. This is MY version of their romance and it has nothing to do with the real story. It's just my own story so please I do not tend to offend anyone here. Just enjoy.***

*

Mary tossed her long dark brown hair out of her face. She struggled carrying two pales of water to take home to her family. The village was loud, filled with the sounds of women, children, and men all getting their water and food for dinner.

Once at home, her mother and sister greeted Mary, each taking a pale of water letting her rest. Mary fixed her long dress and went to help serve dinner. Once the men were served, the women served themselves and went to sit at the dinner table. Mary and her family always prayed before they ate.

The family ate in silence mostly, like every other night. Mary looked around and smiled. She was happy to have such a wonderful and united family. She felt so blessed. Even though they were poor, they were rich because of their love. As she ate her bread, she began to daydream about him. Joseph of Nazareth. He was a carpenter and had become her one true love. They would marry someday, Mary could only hope it was soon. No other man had ever made her weak in the knees. Joseph was special indeed.

Mary's mother noticed her daughter lost in her own world. "Mary? Mary?"

Mary snapped out of her daydream. "Y-yes mother."

"Pass your father the bread please."

Mary handed her father the bread and felt her face redden. She was thinking about Joseph once again and knew her mother was well aware of how much she loved the man.

* * *

"Shall I see you this evening?" Joseph asked Mary the next day.

She nodded, smiling up at him. His dark hair was combed back and his hypnotizing brown eyes looked at her filled with love. He held her hand in his and squeezed it gently. His beard was nicely trimmed and his smile, captivating.

"You look beautiful, as always," he whispered.

Mary blushed. "You know how to praise me well, Joseph."

"I mean every word I say. I'm very much in love with you. I hope to make you my wife very soon."

He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Mary's heart raced, as it always did with each good night kiss. Joseph looked into her eyes and touched her angelic face. She took his breath away. Never in his life had he met a woman so charming, beautiful and yet so giving. Mary had to be an angel.

* * *

As the days went by, the nights grew cold. It was the beginning of February and a very cold month. Mary shared a room with two of her sisters and they all gathered on the bed cuddled trying to keep warm. Mary would entertain her younger sisters with funny stories. They'd fall asleep and Mary would be the last to doze off.

She would stay up thinking about Joseph and how much she loved him. Guilt crept through her when she would have impure thoughts about the man she loved. It was wrong, or was it? Didn't her own mother have these thoughts once? Was it wrong for a woman to want to touch herself as she daydreams about her true love?

Mary tried to clear her head and went to sleep. She'd dream of him and she knew one day they'd be able to share their feelings together as man and wife.

* * *

"Mary! Mary where are you?" Cried out Mary's mother one late March afternoon.

"I'm here mother," Mary replied as she made her bed.

"Oh good! I need a favor. Please go get us some more water. You're father isn't feeling too well."

Mary's heart sank. "What's wrong with Papa?"

"He's been working very hard out in the sun. He needs water."

Mary nodded and rushed to go get her father water. She ran breathlessly hoping to come back quickly. Once by the river, she filled two pales full of clean water and as she stood up she saw something, or was it someone?

It was a light almost. She looked to see if anyone else was around, but there was no sign of another human. She knew she should have felt scared but she didn't. Mary slowly walked towards the light. As she got closer, she realized it was a man. She couldn't make out his face, it was a blur but she knew it was definitely a man.

"Hello, Mary," he said to her.

Mary wanted to speak but nothing would come out. "H-hello?" She finally managed to say.

"You are a good woman, Mary. You shall be left with the gift."

"Gift?" Mary echoed.

"Yes. You are the one I have chosen."

Mary sighed. She wanted to believe the man. "I have to go. My father is very sick."

"He's no longer ill. Your father is doing just fine now. Trust me."

Mary's heart felt as if it was being comforted. "You really think so?"

"I know so. Mary you are the one."

Suddenly the light and the man disappeared. Mary felt her entire body filled with warm soothing air. She closed her eyes for a moment never having felt anything as incredible as what she was feeling. Her body was floating in air, or at least it felt like it. It felt as if nothing in the world bothered her. As if she felt no pain, no sorrow, just happiness. The feeling lasted for what seemed to be forever. Suddenly Mary realized she was on the ground and other villagers were looking at her.

"Are you hurt Mary?" One villager asked her.

Mary got up slowly. She was still in a daze from that wonderful feeling. "I-I'm fine, I suppose."

She grabbed her two pales of water and headed back to her house. The villagers stared at her watching her leave.

* * *

Mary walked into her house rushing to her parent's room. "Mama! I'm here. Is papa still sick?"

Her mother looked up at her with a big smile. "Your father is so much better. Mary, it was a miracle."

Mary's heart almost stopped. Was this all a dream? Had she been so tired that maybe she'd fallen asleep on the field and dreamt about all this? Was the man with the light right about everything? What had happened?

"I'm so happy papa is better. I brought water anyhow."

"Good, just set it at the table." Her mother answered holding on to Mary's father's hand. Mary eyed her father and saw a big smile on his face as he dozed off into a deep sleep.

* * *

By May, the weather was tolerable. The village held dances almost every Saturday night. Joseph would always take Mary. He was proud to have a wonderful woman by his side. The village men would give him envious stares. He knew most of the men were in love with Mary. How could they not love her?

As they danced a slow beautiful melody, Joseph held Mary close to him. He placed her hand on his chest and let her feel just how much he loved her. Mary felt her breath go short. The entire world seemed millions of miles away whenever she was with him.

"I can see the candlelight dancing in your eyes," Joseph whispered.

Mary didn't reply. She was mesmerized by him. His heart pounded like thunder underneath her hand.

"The love I feel for you is very strong Mary. Words can't explain how much you mean to me. I want to make you my wife very soon. I haven't told you this, but I've been working to build us a house which we can live in once we are married."

"I cannot wait to be your wife Joseph. I think about you often."

Joseph smiled and reached down to place a soft sensual kiss on her lips. Mary's heart felt as if it wanted to leap out of her chest. His lips were soft and his strong arms wrapped around her, comforting her.

The music stopped and the couple pulled away from each other. So many of the villagers looked at them and whispered to each other. Everyone knew they would soon be married. It was so exciting for Mary and Joseph.

* * *

The next morning Mary woke up with a smile on her face. She looked outside and realized it was still dark. It must have been five that morning but she felt so awake and alive. She touched her lips still feeling Joseph's kiss. She knew she'd have to get up soon anyhow to get some fresh water for the family's morning showers. Her sister's were fast asleep and Mary reached down to put her hands on her breasts under her cotton nightgown.

"I love you Joseph," she whispered softly moaning very quietly at the touch of her own hands.

"Mary, are you awake?"

Mary quickly took her hands off her breasts and raised her head up. It was her mother. "Yes mother."

"Good. Come with me to go get the water, please."

Mary did as she was told.

As the women walked outside the sun was slowly rising giving them light. Mary suddenly felt dizzy and could no longer walk. She quickly took a seat on a rock that was by the river.

"Mary? Mary?" Her mother called out.

"Mother, I do not feel well. I feel very strange."

Mary's mother sat next to her daughter putting her hand on her forehead. "You do not feel hot. Do you need to lay down?"

Mary nodded but just as she was to lay her head down on her mother's lap, she quickly stood up and turned the other way. She began to purge.

"Good god Mary!" Her mother cried out.

Mary felt embarrassed but she couldn't hold it anymore. Her head was pounding and her stomach hurt.

A few friends came by and helped Mary's mother take her daughter back home.

* * *

Mary woke up in her bed finding it almost difficult to breathe. Her mother sat next to her on the bed caressing her hair.

"Mother?"

"Yes, I am here. You have been sleeping. How do you feel?"

"I-I don't know. I believe I feel better."

"You must have had something bad to eat at the dance last night."

"I suppose," Mary replied doubtable.

"I am going to let you get some rest. I will be back later to bring you some food. Here is some water for you to drink in the mean time."

Mary nodded and her mother left the room. She did feel better, but her stomach felt full.

* * *

A month passed by, and Mary noticed her clothes began to fit tighter. Even her mother had told her she looked pudgy. Mary had stayed away from eating heavily at supper but that didn't work. Joseph didn't seem to mind her weight gain though. His eyes shinned every time he saw his future wife.

* * *

One afternoon while Mary took her little sister to go play with the other children of the village she saw a tall dark haired woman with tears in her eyes. She wore a dark red dress and walked slowly. Her blue eyes met with Mary's. Mary smiled at the woman but the woman didn't return the smile. She looked almost shocked.

"Do not talk to that woman."

Mary turned to see her mother standing behind her.

"Who is she?"

"She's Miriam. She is a prostitute."

Mary gasped. "I did not know."

"Now you do. Please do not look at that...woman. She is bad."

"Yes, mother," Mary said politely.

Mary turned to look but the woman had already walked away with sadness on her pretty face.

* * *

One night after a shower, Mary stood for a moment looking at her naked body. Her stomach looked swollen, more that it usually did when she bled once a month. She ran her hand over her belly feeling it hard not soft as if she were getting fat.

"What is wrong with me?" She asked herself.

She also noticed her breasts had gone from a light brown color to a dark brown color. Her nipples were bigger and more sensitive.

"I must have something wrong with me. I feel so different," Mary said out loud.

She was about to put on her clothes, when her mother walked in and got a good look at her daughter naked. Mary saw her mother's eyes widen in horror.

"Mary! Are you expecting a child?"

Mary looked confused. "A child? Mother? What do you mean?"

"You are pregnant! Look at you!"

Mary was still clueless. "Mother, I am not!"

"Yes you are! Look at your stomach! Your breasts! Why did you have intercourse before marriage? Why Mary?"

Mary began to feel her eyes swell up with tears. Her mother was hysterical. "Mother, I have not had intercourse. I know it's wrong to have intercourse before you are married!"

"Put on your clothes right now! I need to tell your father."

Mary's lower lip trembled. Why didn't her mother believe her? Did she not trust her? Everything was so confusing.

* * *

Once Mary was dressed she walked out and saw her father's stern face. The entire room was silent. Mary's father walked up to his daughter and took one quick glimpse at her stomach. He looked disappointed and angry.

"Shame on you Mary."

Mary began to cry. "Father, please!"

"No! Do not give me any explanations! You are no longer my daughter."

Mary's body trembled. "I do not have a child growing inside of me! Please believe me!"

"You have to leave this house Mary. You've embarrassed your father and myself. Please leave far away. We don't want the town to stone you to death."

"Mother, I have not done any wrong. I am innocent!"

"Mary, please go. You have lost our trust."

Mary couldn't believe what had happened. She was accused of being pregnant, which was something she didn't want to believe she was. Joseph? She would go to him and he would believe her!

* * *

Mary gathered the small amount of clothes she had and packed them up in a knitted bag. Her younger sisters were confused as to why she was leaving but she could not say a word to them. Not even a goodbye.

Mary cried as she passed her parents who couldn't look her in the eye. She wanted to put her arms around them and say her goodbyes but they only gave her icy stares until she was out the door.

As she sobbed quietly she walked slowly trying not to let her tears blind her. People stared at her but didn't say a word to her. Did they know too? Mary carried her knitted bag in front of her to cover herself up.

She knew Joseph wouldn't be home until after sunset. She'd wait for him. He'd understand her and defend her. She wasn't pregnant! It was impossible!

"Hello." Mary heard a soft feminine voice.

Mary quickly stopped walking and turned to see Miriam, the woman her mother had told her to stay away from.

"H-hello." Mary replied nervously wiping her tears.

"Why do you cry? Are you in trouble?"

"N-no," Mary lied.

"I just had to come talk to you because you smiled at me the other day. You know it has been years since anyone's smiled at me."

Mary raised a brow. "Really?"

"Yes. Most people do no like me."

"My mother told me you were a prostitute."

Miriam looked down in shame. "I am. I never meant to be."

"We all have reasons why we are something," Mary replied sweetly.

Miriam smiled again. "You are so kind. I am Miriam, but you probably already knew that."

"Yes. I am Mary."

"Why were you crying? You do not have to tell me."

Mary sighed. "I can not say anything about it yet."

"I understand."

Just then a few villagers passed by the two women. One threw a stone at Miriam and called her a bad name. Miriam's face turned red with anger. "I better go. I am not well received and you will not be either if you talk to me."

Mary shrugged. "That is fine. You are a nice person and that is what should count."

Miriam looked at ease. "I am going to make a tea, would you want to visit me for a while?"

Mary knew she had nowhere else to go. "I would."

Miriam took Mary to her home and the women drank tea while talking for hours until finally the sun set. Mary knew she had to leave to go see Joseph. She excused herself and thanked Miriam for the nice time.

After a long walk, Mary reached Joseph's house. He lived alone in a small home. Mary nervously knocked on the door and her troubles seemed miles away when she saw his handsome face.

"Mary? What brings you here?"

Mary didn't reply. She felt ashamed having to tell Joseph why she was there.

"Mary? My love? Are you troubled? Come inside, please."

He led her in his house. A candle lit the entire room. Mary began to cry.

"Mary, please tell me. Talk to me." Joseph urged putting his arms around her.

"Joseph, Something bad has happened. I am going to tell you something, but please do not believe it. I do not know if it is real."

Joseph stared at her pretty face. "Yes?"

"My father and mother asked me to leave the house."

His eyes grew wide. "But what for? What is wrong?"

"She says I have a child growing inside of me."

"A child?" Joseph echoed.

"Y-yes."

"But that is impossible!"

"Yes I do know that. Oh Joseph, I cannot be pregnant! I am still holy!"

"Mary, why do they think that?"

Mary put her bag down and pulled up her dress. She should have felt shame but she didn't. Joseph stared at her very lightly swollen belly. He remembers seeing a few pregnant women in his lifetime and their bellies looked a lot like Mary's.

Joseph reached out and touched her tummy. He nodded and walked back. His eyes didn't show that comfort anymore. They were filled with anger. "You are having a child! Mary, you are pregnant!"

Mary's lower lip trembled. "How? I have not sinned!"

"You have sinned! Mary, you have betrayed me!"

Mary cried loudly. "I have not! How could you think that? Do you not believe me?"

"How can this be some kind of miracle? There is no such thing! I have lost my trust in you!"

Mary shook her head. "No! Please! Joseph! If you love me, you would trust me. You would believe me!"

Joseph turned his back on her. He punched the wall. "Leave Mary. Leave at this moment!"

"Joseph-"

"Leave!"

Mary held her bag in her trembling hand and walked out slowly. Her knees felt weak and her face was covered with tears. How could Joseph not believe her? Did he not love her enough to have faith in her?

Mary walked for a few miles until her aching feet made her stop in front of Miriam's house. Miriam would be her only shelter.

* * *

"Mary? What is wrong?" Miriam asked taking a seat next to Mary. She handed Mary a cup of hot tea.

"If I said what was wrong, you would never believe me," Mary sobbed.

Miriam brushed Mary's hair out of her face. "Mary, I do not have many friends. You are the first woman to talk to me in a long time. Please tell me."

Mary took a small sip of tea and sighed. "I have a child growing inside of me."

Miriam's eyes widened. Her eyes focused on Mary's belly which was well hidden under her dress. As she stared, she saw a small bright light surrounding Mary. For that moment, Miriam could hardly speak. It was as if she was being hypnotized.

"Miriam?" Mary whispered seeing the woman in a trance.

"Y-yes. You are going to be a mother."

Mary sobbed more. She put her cup down and Miriam held her. "Joseph hates me. I will be stoned if anyone finds out. I swear to you that I have not sinned. I have not!"

Miriam wiped Mary's tears. "I know you have not. You are innocent. Mary you are pure as a white dove."

Mary looked shocked. "You mean you do believe me?"

"I do. I do not know why, but I do."

"What will I do?"

"You will stay here with me. I will care for you until you have that child."

"I am so frightened."

"I know you are." Miriam smiled and squeezed Mary's hand assuring her everything was going to be fine.

* * *

A month went by and Joseph had not bothered to look for Mary. He was angry, hurt and felt betrayed. The woman he thought was an angel turned out to be something different. He concentrated hard on working, but nothing could take his mind off Mary. He did not want to admit it, but he loved her more than anything in the world, despite of her sin.

Mary would hardly sleep each night. She missed Joseph. His touch, his kisses, his strong arms holding her and sheltering her from all evil. She'd cried so much that it felt as if she were out of tears.

"I need you Joseph. I do wish you would believe me. I did not ask for this child," she whispered rubbing her slightly swollen belly. She closed her eyes humming a beautiful lullaby to her unborn child.

* * *

One night, Joseph was asleep when he heard a knock on his door. He quickly got up thinking it was an emergency. "Mary! It must be Mary," He thought.

He opened the door and saw nothing but the still night. He stepped outside and no one was there. He groaned and went back inside. Once he turned around, his heart almost stopped. It was a woman, not just any woman, but a beautiful, blonde haired woman. She was so enchanting she almost didn't look human.

jessy19
jessy19
2,729 Followers
12