A Christmas For Carol

Story Info
She lost everything because of one man.
1.7k words
4.51
39.7k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carol struggled with the Christmas tree that Miss. Collins paid her ten dollars to tie it on top of the car for her. Carol was so happy for it meant she would be able to eat a hot meal tonight. She lifted the six-foot tree over her head when suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her chest and left arm that knocked her to the ground, her eyes rolled into the back of her head. Miss. Collins called 911 on her cell phone while a young girl laid Carol's head on her lap instead of the rocky ground.

"Child you might catch some insect from her! She's a street vagrant for heaven's sake!" Miss. Collins fumed at the young child.

The girl looked up at her with the blackest eyes. "How can you be so mean when she was doing this for you when she was struck down?" She asked as she was having a hard time believing someone could be so mean.

Miss. Collins looked at her tree laying on the ground. "Oh no she broke one of the tree limbs when that stupid woman let the tree hit the ground!" She said as she stormed off to get one of the clerks to exchange her tree for a perfect one without damage.

Carol laid unconscious on the ground as the young girl softly stroked her forehead until the paramedics arrived to take Carol to the hospital. Carol could hear everything around her but could not open her eyes or speak. She drifted off into a deep sleep finding herself standing in front of her families tree fifteen years ago when her children were still at home with her and they were all happy. They were decorating the tree and drinking eggnog while they sang Christmas Carols.

"Mama, look at my red ball I hung on the tree." Jenny sang out standing on a chair so she could reach the top of the tree while her other three sisters were hanging their decorations with no help since they were older and taller.

Doctor Jacobs, the doctor on call in the ER was examining Carol when he noticed a small smile on her face confirming from the EKG she had suffered a massive heart attack and was still unconscious. They wheeled her to the Cardiac ICU where she stayed in the past with her family reliving the happier times of their lives.

Carol and her children were opening presents on Christmas morning when her ex husband showed up with custody papers and the police to take her girls away from Carol. Carol fell down on the ground crying as her children clung to their mother crying their hearts out as the police forced them to let go.

"No, please, please don't take my babies away from me!" she cried out as she chased them to her ex husband's car.

"You will never see them ever again, Carol." He told her with a cruel smirk on his face.

"What did I do wrong Brad?" She asked feeling so helpless and now lost.

"I warned you not to divorce me Carol and it helps to know people in high places." He laughed at her pushing her down to the ground as her children scream for their mother.

Carol sat where he pushed her down crying as she rocked back and forth knowing he had finally taken the only things in the world that meant anything to her. She finally went back inside of her house feeling the cold and loneliness that now lingered in the air instead of the happy family that had just been there opening gifts. She looked at the red ball hanging on the tree shining so brightly that she cried herself to sleep looking at it from the couch. Carol called her lawyer only to find out that he no longer represented her, Carol feeling like a scared and lost child picked up the phone to call her mother only to have it answered by Brad who informed her that her family wanted nothing to do with her. Carol hung up the phone as the tears streaked her face walking numbly into her bedroom where she collapsed onto her bed.

The next morning she awakened with the renewed hope of regaining her children, she would be damned if he controlled her life. She dressed to go to work at the local grocery store Dollar Plus and on her lunch break she would find an attorney who would take on the rich and powerful Brad Scroogers.

"I'll show you Brad you can't keep my babies." She said smiling into the mirror.

Carol was met at the door of Dollar Plus by her manager Jim Stockings, she knew from the look on his face he had to tell her something that he hated doing. She tried forcing a smile to her face with swollen eyes.

"Morning Jim." She said trying to search his face.

"I hate to be the one to do this Carol, Damn . . . the new owner ordered for you to be let go." He told her wishing he could just tell her to forget it and come back to work.

"New owner Jim?" She asked with a confused expression and tears began to fill her eyes.

"Yes Carol, Brad Scroogers is the new owner, I am so sorry Carol." He said taking his glasses off and wiping the tears away from his own eyes and straightening the red vest over his white shirt tucked into his green pants.

"Jim . . . he took my babies, my own family and now my job?" she asked him as she noticed his mousy brown hair was receding more now almost like her life she thought.

Carol walked the side walks as it began to snow, her tears even began to freeze on her face. When she got back to her house a sign was on her door stating her home was condemned as an unsafe structure. She could not get inside for a huge lock was on her door. She knew Brad had pulled some more favors owed to him and had taken away everything from her. She walked down the side walk and sat in front of her children's school where she could catch glimpses of them and then she would sit in front of Brad's house where the nanny would play with Jenny in the specially built playground that actually had rides and merry go rounds in it. This became a daily way of living for Carol who made her bed in the alley with the other homeless people after every place in town turned her down for work.

For the next fifteen years she spent watching her children grow from afar. She never missed a Christmas and even slipped into the Christmas Caroler's so she could sneak a look at her babies up close as they stood in the door listening to the singing. She would do chores for people to earn money for food, but she would not leave town knowing that was what he wanted to take away the times she could sneak a look at her beloved children.

The young girl stood at the desk of the nurses station with flowers and balloons. The nurse smiled at the young lady seeing that there had to be two dozen roses and the same amount of balloons.

"Hi a homeless lady was brought in here last night, may I leave these for her?" she asked the nurse on duty.

"Sure, and maybe she will wake up to see how pretty those flowers are." She said with a smile.

"May I take them?" she asked smiling with a smile that lit up the room.

"Only family is allowed, I am sorry sweety." She told her.

"I am family then . . . her daughter." She said with a wink.

"All-right daughter, She is in unit c-113." She told her smiling.

She stood in the room where the homeless lady laid when her chest began to heave as tears filled her eyes like liquid pools as she walked to her bed side.

"I came to visit you like you came every day to visit us. Its Christmas mama and I wanted to tell you that I love you before you go home. He doesn't know you're in here so he can't force you from here."She said crying and holding her unconscious mother in her arms when she heard her sisters singing Silent night behind her. Carol's soul raised up from her dying body smiling down on her four daughters as the angel of death floated next her. He was beautiful in a white suit and gave off a brilliant glow of gold.

"Merry Christmas Carol, we wanted you to have your last Christmas with your daughters." He told her holding her hand in his.

Carol looked at the gold gown she was wearing with matching high heels, her hair up on her head in blonde golden curls. She felt them floating down to her daughters who were gathered by her bed when the angel let them see their mother for one last time. They began to cry looking at their mother and how beautiful she looked.

"My babies I maybe leaving earth but I will always be with you and looking down from heavens windows. I love you my girls and I never regretted how my life ended up because I always got to see you every day." She told her daughters who cried and left their tears on her shoulders.

"I will keep your tears on my shoulders until we meet again in heaven, I will be the rain drop you feel falling from the sky." She told her daughters while smiling down on them as she and the Angel of Death floated through the ceiling toward the sky. Her four girls watched from her hospital window through their teary eyes when they saw two golden streaks of sparkling lights soaring toward heaven.

" Mama, you are safe now." She said as she cried leaning against her older sister Jasmin.

Her daughters gathered the flowers and balloons and asked the nurse to deliver them to Brad Scroogers Mansion for they would not be returning to their father. The four girls walked out of the hospital arm in arm with a mixture of tears of happiness and sadness for the stolen moments they never got to share with their mother. They knew she gave up so much to just be able to be close to them and the greatest gift she gave to them was her love and heart.