A Fool for You

Story Info
A rock chick finds love.
16.2k words
4.75
71.7k
100
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,501 Followers

Suzie rolled over and looked at the time through the one eye she dared to open. It had been a big night, and she groaned thinking about having to go work. She had promised to try and be on time this week, but the beauty of working for her father meant that he forgave her for things she would never get away with if she worked for anyone else. She was unreliable at best, and they had come to the agreement that she would just help his receptionist when she could rather than be the receptionist at the automotive repair business.

She'd let him down, she knew it, and he knew it, but rather than belabour the fact he had made the compromise of just paying her for the time she could spare him. It was up to her how much or how little she worked. He got to keep an eye on her and throw a few dollars her way, and she got her independence and the life she wanted. Still, she had promised to come in early for stocktake, so she rolled out of bed and padded across the old worn carpet to the bathroom ignoring the human-sized lump on the other side of her bed. At least, she had come home to her bed, rather than waking up in foreign territory.

She showered and pulled on some reasonably clean jeans, after giving them a quick look over and a sniff, then nudged the lump in her bed. Two big arms reached for her and she danced away deftly.

"You gotta go, I hafta go to work," She said loudly throwing a discarded pillow at him. She watched as he groaned and sat up rubbing his face and pushing his hands through his shaggy hair.

"I thought the band was your gig," he said in confusion. "Never pegged you for a nine to five chick."

"Yeah well we all gotta eat," she shrugged. She picked up his pants from the floor and threw them in his direction. "You gotta go," she said again letting irritation colour her voice.

"Wait! Did you hear that?" He asked cocking his head and turning to look at her clock radio. The morning crew had just come on as the time ticked over to six.

"Yeah it's a clock radio, I like a random music fix in the mornings," this guy was becoming seriously annoying. So what if she liked waking up to her clock radio, not everyone enjoyed the piercing scream of the phone as a wake-up call.

"No did you hear what they said?" he flopped back onto the bed rolling to his belly and staring at the clock. He reached out to turn it up messing up the channel tuning but quickly bringing it back to where it was before finding the volume wheel.

"Shit that musta been one hell of a fire if it destroyed all the music and equipment. You should get down there," he said enthusiastically.

"What?" she shook her head not understanding what he was saying.

"Listen!" she almost shouted at her.

"Overnight fire has destroyed the station. We are on air on by the superhero efforts of our tech support teams and the amazing Lukey McQ. Live music is going to be the only way out of this mess now. If you have a half decent band get yourselves down here and save the day and the station."

"You should totally do it. Blow off work and get down there. Call your guys and wake them up already, you guy's rock!" He said sitting back up to look at her.

She knew she should be going to work as she promised, but it did seem too good of an opportunity to pass up. She picked up her phone to call Harry and Eks. She left a message, realising that there was no way they would be awake at this time of the morning. She sighed knowing that getting their band there on time was impossible, but maybe other bands would be feeling the same way. Her mind tumbled over the possibilities until the guy spoke again.

"No luck? You could go and wake them up," he suggested.

"Look," she struggled to find his name in her memories of the night before and failed. "I need to go to work and trying to get any sense out of those guys this early in the morning is impossible. It's not like it's the Big Gig or anything like that we are missing."

"But it could be. Can you imagine if ten or twenty bands showed up to play? This could be awesome, better than awesome. This could be epic!" The guy didn't let up.

"Yeah well, we aren't exactly a covers band, and I have to go to work, so you gotta go," she said as if she didn't care that she was probably missing the opportunity of a lifetime.

"I'm gonna check it out, I sent you a Facebook request, add me and if it's half as good as I think it will be I'll message you," He suggested and stood to finally pull on his pants, and she knew immediately why she had brought him home last night. Tall and athletic he was neither overly muscled nor underweight. He was incredibly hot as he stood there looking around for his shirt. Noticing her watching him, he smiled as if reading her mind and she went to pick up his shirt and tossed it to him looking down at her phone as she opened Facebook rather than admit that she had been checking him out.

The radio announced the arrival of the first band of the morning and music began to sound harsh and distorted through the tiny speakers of the clock radio. She tapped the button to accept the friend request from Quade Armstrong. Well, at least, she knew his name now, she smiled.

"I'm gonna head down there. You have fun at work," Quade announced walking toward her and the door. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her to him as he kissed her. "I'll meet you back here at six?" He asked.

"What? Why?" she spluttered pushing on his chest to move away from him.

"We were going to grab some food before heading over to Eks and Harry's place," he reminded her.

"We were?" she asked not remembering having made plans with him.

"Sure, so I'll see you at six," he reiterated and walked out of the door before she could cancel their plans.

Suzie walked down after him, concerned that she had drunk so much that she didn't remember making plans with the band let alone this Quade. Yes, she admitted that she drank way too much, way too often, but she had never had memory problems before. Well, she had problems with names occasionally, but that as only because she didn't care enough to remember them she rarely saw them after one night. He turned at the bottom of the stairs and bent to kiss her again then jogged off toward a car parked further down the street that she assumed was his.

She drove to work listening to the breakfast radio show that had suffered the devastating losses from the fire that had gutted their building. Another dreadfully incompetent band came on making her cringe, and the announcers cut them off begging for talent to come to their aid. Maybe she should have gone and woken the guys up. Too late now she thought as she pulled into the Auto Repair shop and seeing the look of both incredulity and happiness on her father's face.

"Didn't think you'd make it in what with the radio station burning down and the call for serious muso's going out on the airwaves," her father chuckled as she walked into the office.

"Not you too?" The apprentice mechanic Douggy groaned, "Doesn't anyone check the date? They would hardly be on air at all from this station if it burnt down. They'd be lucky if they could get a live feed from another station. I can't believe you fell for it."

"Would I be here if there was a chance my band could get air time?" Suzie replied haughtily. "Don't be such an ass."

"Well, I fell for it," her father announced. "I thought you'd be there for sure, so I asked your mother to come in to help out."

"Oh God, no! Dad tell me you didn't," Suzie went to pick up her bag from where she had thrown it on the big desk.

"Aprilfool's!" He chuckled loudly.

"You shoulda seen your face," Douggy gasped between bouts of laughter. "That was awesome," he laughed again and gave his boss a high five.

"This is going to be a very long day," Suzie groaned and flopped down into the chair leaning forward to bang her head on the desk.

*****

Suzie had put in a big effort with the stocktake, but by mid-morning the lack of sleep, real food and the effects of the big night before conspired against her and she climbed into the back of her car and closed her eyes.

It felt like she had barely closed her eyes for even a minute when her phone began buzzing insistently against her boobs and rolling to her back with a sigh she pulled the phone from her bra and looked at it. The guy from this morning had been trying to call her using FaceBook messenger, and she groaned. Dropping the phone she rolled over and closed her eyes again. She just needed a ten-minute power nap, and she would be fine.

When she woke, the car was pitch black, and she panicked. Oh fuck, what time is it, I couldn't have slept all day. She fumbled around for her phone the glow illuminating the old car's interior. She'd only slept for an hour, and she looked at the windows realising someone had put a cover on the car. If she had thought about it for a minute, there was no way her dad would have left her there at night.

"Very funny Dad," She groaned into the phone. "You can come and let me out now." His answering chuckle was enough for her to stop paying attention to anything he said as he called her an Aprilfool for the second time that morning.

She sat forward peering into the rear vision mirror, her mop of tangled curls was in total disarray, as normal, so she hunted around for a hair tie and pulled her hair back into a messy bun. If Quade could see her now, she bet he wouldn't continue to message her. She sighed and poked her tongue out rudely at Douggy who was helping her father take the heavy blackout cover from her car.

"What?" Her father complained as she got out of the car giving him a murderous look. "It's just a bit of fun Suzie-pop," he reverted to his childhood name for her with a grin. She walked back into the reception of the business without a backwards glance and picked up her clipboard.

"Feeling better?" Molly, the receptionist, asked as she entered the stockroom.

"Much, thank you," Suzie returned hr smile. It was hard not to like Molly. She was a genuinely kind and good-hearted woman who seemed to care a lot about her father and the business. "So where are we up to?"

"If you want to make a start on the brake pads over there, I'll keep going here," she suggested. "Unless you wanted to do this then I can start on that lot," she offered.

"You know it's okay to tell me what to do," Suzie laughed. "You're the one who has to work here every day while I just pop in and out occasionally."

"We have to work together, so we may as well both be happy," she said mildly and went back to work leaving Suzie to start at the other end of the stockroom. They worked for another hour or so before being interrupted.

"I'm doing a lunch run. Anyone want anything?" Douggy sang out from the door of the room in which the girls were working.

"Oh yeah get me something fattening and very bad for me," Suzie sang out, "Just whatever Dad's getting is fine."

"One Caesar salad and diet iced tea coming up," Douggy chuckled as she looked at him in astonishment. "Yeah, your mum's got him on some strict diet for his cholesterol.

"Good God," Suzie was horrified. "Can you get me bacon and egg burger then, I skipped breakfast and need something more substantial than a salad. Some chips and a coke would be good too."

"One heart attack on a plate coming up," Douggy chortled. "You want a cake or pastry for dessert?"

"Oh that that would be fabulous," she grinned, "But only if it's fresh."

"I'm fine Douggy," Molly smiled. "I have put my wallet on a diet, so I brought mine in from home." She laughed lightly and went back to work.

"Alright, back in a few," he went out to his car and took off down the street.

"Well, we have the majority of this done now. You can take off after lunch if you like and we can finish up next week," Molly put down the clipboard and went to wash her hands. "I need to catch up on the office work this afternoon."

"Yeah, okay," Suzie agreed easily. "I'll just finish off this section before Douggy gets back."

"Thanks," Molly smiled and went through to reception.

Suzie's phone buzzed again in her pocket, and she ignored it, the guy was persistent, and she considered him to be bordering on stalking. He was good looking and she knew very well why she had taken him home last night, but aside of that, she knew nothing about him, aside of the fact that he liked her band and had some connection to one of the guys. He was on old school friend or something. The sex had been great, urgent and rough, totally chemical attraction rather than softer emotions. It was the world she chose to live in. The rock and roll lifestyle, as her mother put it all the time.

She could hear her mother's voice in her mind lecturing her about growing up and getting a proper job. Telling her that her looks would fade along with her voice and she would be left with nothing if she didn't make an effort to hone her talents and get a real job. Her father was on the opposite end of the spectrum always awaiting the news that her band had got their big break, suggesting they apply for those television talent shows where the winners get recording deals. Her parents couldn't be more opposite, and yet they doted on each other. Suzie had never understood it and at an early age had decided that when they split up, she would live with her father. The problem was that they never even fought, let alone talked about splitting much to her chagrin.

She heard Douggy's V8 gas guzzler return and pull into the small parking lot in front of the business, and she dropped her clipboard with a sigh. "Food glorious food," she sang to herself as she went to wash her hands.

"Come and eat," her father called from reception.

"Hold ya horses," she called back, "We don't all like the taste of dust and grease on our food," she laughed.

"You were saying?" he held up the big greasy burger as she walked into the small lunchroom beside reception. She groaned and took a seat snatching the burger from him. He watched her unwrap it and take a huge mouthful the sauce and grease dripping over her fingers. "Plans for the weekend?" he asked.

"I haven't forgotten Mum's birthday dinner," she rolled her eyes.

"Didn't think you had," he said innocently. "No gigs came up then?

"Not yet," she teased knowing that her father had been planning this surprise for a while. "Don't worry Dad the guys aren't available anyway. I will be there Sunday rain, hail or shine."

A bell signalled someone entering the reception and Molly jumped up hurrying to the front office. She came back a few minutes later saying that a good-looking guy was here to see Suzie. Frowning Suzie put down her burger and wiped her hands before standing and heading to the front office. She saw Quade standing there as she neared the doorway. He'd been trying to contact her all morning, and she thought he was persistent but following her to work, that was stalking, and she took a deep breath ready to give him a piece of her mind.

"I know I know," he held up his hands in a gesture of surrender. "Harry and Eks made me come to get you because you aren't answering your phone, and they're setting up to record."

"Nice but I've fallen for enough pranks today," Suzie crossed her arms and stared at him. "What else have you got or is that it?"

"So you heard about the station not burning down after all," he laughed genuinely amused by her assumption. "It was still cool though all those bands showing up. Apparently they have been planning this for a while and took the bands names and a demo clip if it was available. The station is going to host a battle of the bands."

"That' great but we weren't there to get into the mix," she said holding her disapproving stance.

"No but I was, so I entered a clip of your gig last night, they loved it, so you're in," he said with pride noting the consternation on her face. "This would be about the time you thanked me. Kissed me, told me I was your hero. At this point, even a handshake would even be welcome."

"It's a nice story, but if you're trying to get into my pants that ship has already sailed remember?" she said dryly.

"Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind a do-over of that," he chuckled. "Your one wild woman." She looked over her shoulder, and true to form her father and Douggy were eavesdropping.

"Not sure that's something my father needed to hear," she smirked watching him quickly look around for the man.

"Ya got me," he laughed until he saw the older man come through the reception door. Then he dumbly looked between the two of them.

"What did you call my daughter?" he growled menacingly.

"Oh fuck, I'm sorry I didn't realise, I mean... It's nice to meet you, Sir," Quade quickly regained his composure. He held out his hand, "Quade Armstrong."

"Heh Sir. I like this guy, Suzie-pop," he chuckled and shook the young man's hand. "Bob Mackey," he introduced himself. "What's this you were saying about my daughter?" he asked resuming the growl in his voice which was ruined by the laughter in his eyes.

"Just how much I enjoyed spending time with her last night and hope to repeat the event again tonight. The problem is that she doesn't seem to believe she has a gig and won't answer her phone to confirm it." Quade said conversationally deciding he liked the man and his laughing eyes.

"So you saw her band huh? I snuck into a gig once, stood at the back for a whole set before she kicked me out," he chortled.

"I didn't kick you out," Suzie shook her head, "I believe Mum did that for me." He frowned remembering the row that ensued after that night between mother and daughter and wished he hadn't joked about it.

"The battle of the bands thing is true," Douggy said coming into the room. "It's been on the radio since the breakfast show ended. I think the station had to do something because of the rage against them. Aprilfool's joke or not they got a lot of night owls out of bed with no sleep and hangovers. I'm surprised there wasn't a riot."

"Nah they planned it that way, they are posting the clip's bands gave in on their breakfast show page and letting the public vote for the top eight," he pulled out his phone and brought up the web page.

"So it boils down to who has the most fans," Suzie said knowing that their fan base was pretty small even on a good night.

"Exactly so Harry wants to update the youtube channel, thus me coming here to get you to come and play," he said as if that explained everything.

"Yeah alright, where are they setting up," Suzie gave in to the possible coverage this could give their band.

"I'll take you that's why I'm here," he said easily.

"My car's here I can drive myself." She still wasn't sure he wasn't some stalker or weird fanboy. She knew she needed to lay off the booze and make better choices after their gigs.

"Finish eating first, they can wait another ten minutes," her father interrupted the conversation, picking up on his daughter's reluctance to reacquaint herself with the young man. "You can call Harry and get the address."

"So all good, then," Quade took the hint and agreed with a shrug. "I'm letting them use some old office space I'm managing in a building above the markets at West End. I guess I'll see you there later." He turned to look at Bob and Douggy, "nice to meet you hope to see you again sometime soon."

"I guess that's not up to me now is it," Bob nodded in a friendly way and watched the young man leave. "Come and eat while it's still warm," he smiled at her and walked back into the lunch room. "He seemed like a decent enough guy, what's wrong with him?" he asked half knowing the answer.

"Too eager, I only met him last night at the gig, and he has been texting and calling all morning, then he shows up here," she shrugged.

"Stalker," Douggy agreed but shrank in his chair as the both turned to glare at him.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,501 Followers