A Forever Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shock lasted only as long as the first tender thrust of his tongue. It was wicked and sweet, pushing against her mouth until she opened. Her heart thudded in her chest, sounding so loud that she swore he would be able to hear it. When he lifted his head, she wanted nothing more than to reach up and drag him back down, to feel more of the fascinating and heavenly touch of his mouth.

"When I touch you, when I take you, Kinlye, I won't need to seduce you. You'll be more than willing to come to my bed or to have me in yours." He dropped his hands and backed away from her. "Sleep well." He clicked his heels together and bowed before turning and going to a door she hadn't noticed before. Opening it, she had a glance of a very masculine room, a room that was as much male as this one was female. He closed the door slowly and she moved to sink down on the bed, her knees losing the ability to hold her up.

Her hand touched her mouth and she gave a little sigh. She couldn't help but wonder how long she would be able to hold out against him, especially when she would see him every day. Would he kiss her again? Was she being immoral and immodest by hoping that he would? There was a soft tapping on her door and she rose, unsure of her voice at the moment.

An older woman stood there, her graying blonde hair pulled up into a tight bun at the top of her head. She was dressed all in black and she took one look at Kinlye before a smile touched her lips, changing her face into one that was almost motherly. "So you're the poor waif that the master rescued tonight."

"I guess so," Kinlye said, still at a loss.

"I am Mrs. Toombs. The master said he brought you here with nothing and I thought you would like a nightgown. I hope this will do."

"That is so kind of you," Kinlye took the gown. "Everything is so beautiful here."

"The master had it all refurbished when he bought the manor house. He's spent a pretty penny on it all." Mrs. Toombs moved up behind her, snagging the old pink shawl and tugging it from her shoulders. Her eyes widened as she saw the state of Kinlye's attire, the grass stains and dirt that creased her skirt and the torn shoulder that had come from her brother. "Well, this shall never do." She quickly unbuttoned the blouse and then untied the skirt, lifting the outfit from the floor. "We'll get this cleaned and I'll fix this rip. We'll have it good as new, Miss Kinlye, never you fear."

Kinlye smiled thought it was strained and she felt better when she'd gotten the borrowed nightgown over her head and buttoned the placket at the throat. "Thank you, Mrs. Toombs."

The older lady nodded. "Think nothing of it, my dear. Now you get yourself into bed and sleep as late as you wish in the morning. When you wake, just tug on that bell cord and someone will be right here, all right?"

Kinlye nodded and climbed into the huge bed, feeling it give around her slight weight. Mrs. Toombs pulled the covers over the shivering girl and then turned to the fireplace, quickly setting it alight. "Goodnight, Miss."

Kinlye's eyes were quickly too heavy to stay opened and she closed them, curling onto her side. A small click startled her and she glanced at the doors, seeing a light under the one that Christian had gone through. Had he been in her room?

She thought about it then decided to worry about it tomorrow. She sighed softly and was asleep.

A figure moved from within the shadows, a figure whose eyes glowed in the light of the fire. Christian moved with uncommon stealth and silence from where he'd hidden, a shadow amongst shadows. He stared down at the beautiful face that laid upon the pillow, her bright hair streaming across the sheets.

Kissing her had been a mistake but one that he couldn't find the will to regret. Her scent called to him, her passion fuelling his own. He'd never felt like this for another, not in the four hundred years since his birth. It was why he'd stayed single all these centuries. He'd been jealous of Raphael when he'd found Nikky, but that wasn't the kind of relationship he'd wanted. Now he knew, he'd been working his way here, coming to her. He wasn't about to make it easy for her to leave. She would be his, with or without the blessing of a priest.

He bent, snaring one long, thick tress of hair. He brought it to his lips, his nostrils flaring as he caught her scent. His eyes closed and he fought the demon inside of him that wanted him to take her now, to take her before she could possibly be ready for the change and all that would mean. "I won't let you go, Kinlye," he said very quietly. "I can't, not and stay sane. You're mine now, I just have to wait until you realize it too."

A small moan came from between her parted lips and he smiled as he heard his name. Perhaps it wouldn't take as long as he thought it might. Carefully and quietly, he climbed up on the other side of the bed, pulling the covers over his body. His smile grew wider as she curled on to her other side, her head going to his shoulder, her hand sliding across his chest to wrap against his neck. Maybe not long at all, he thought.

12