A Handyman's Memoir Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
riverboy
riverboy
4,621 Followers

"Oh, I hate to see it like this, John loved it so..." she said as I got back into the car. She pulled a tissue from her purse and wiped tears from her eyes. She put the car in gear and we drove up to a small cabin, what the old-timers would call a fishin' shack. The grass had grown up into a field that had been matted down by the winter snows, and the grounds were littered with dead branches and wet leaves. The cabin was at the edge of a wide flat river, part of the state's canal system in the summertime. Connie unlocked the front door, and we went in to the dimly lit, dusty space. There was a combined living/dining/kitchen space, a decent sized bedroom, and a small bathroom. It was really pretty nice, and would be easy to fix up, I thought. The river side was a full width screened porch, and we walked through it and back out into the sunlight. It was just a few steps to the water.

"You can't build anything this close to the water anymore. It's one of the things John loved about it," Connie said. "He spent all his time down here at the water, so we had a nice seawall built, and the dock," she said, as we walked out onto it. The dock was huge and in beautiful shape, and had a screened-in gazebo on one side of it. "I'd sit in there away from the bugs and read, and John would battle the fish out here. We spent many peaceful evenings here."

"It is peaceful here, I love it," I said, looking off down the big river.

"Yes, the neighbors are spaced out nicely. It's very private. I'm glad to see it's still that way. You'll enjoy it here," she said.

"You mean you want me to fix it up for you?" I asked. "I'd love to."

"No Steve, I want you to fix it up for you. It's yours. My lawyer has already finalized everything."

"But Connie...!" I said, shocked to near speechlessness.

"No Steve. I want this badly. Nothing will make me happier than to give you something that you'll love, after all you've given me. And I want this place to be with someone special. You're that person."

"My God Connie!" I said, my eyes welling up with tears.

"It won't cost you much to own—I've arranged for the tax bills to be sent to me. And when I die there'll be something in my will for you, so..."

"You're insane! I'm speechless Connie..." I said.

"If you mean I'm insanely happy, then yes. This is a wonderful day," she said with a loving smile.

We stood at the waters edge in the warm winter sunlight, and I kissed that insanely beautiful woman hard.

riverboy
riverboy
4,621 Followers
12