A Joke

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, she told me all about it. How are your wrists?"

"They're scabbing over now and should be OK. I don't see any sign of infection."

"Flo will be glad to hear that. She's just about ready for a nervous breakdown you know; especially since you won't talk to her and that's why I'm here. To carry a message. Rather, more than one message."

"I'll listen to your messages but I don't promise anything in return."

"The first is that she loves you very much and is so sorry for what she did."

"OK, anything else?"

"She wants you to know that she is willing to take a lie detector test to prove that she isn't lying when she says nothing happened with Roger or ever has with Roger or anyone else. That is the only proof she can offer you."

This was a new wrinkle I hadn't thought of and I gave it a few minutes thought as Mary watched me intently while continuing to sip her Coke.

"That sounds OK to me but I want to place some conditions on it. One, results proving she didn't have sex with Roger doesn't mean I will take her back. Two, Roger will have to take the same test and the results of his test will have to agree with hers. Three, I want approval on who administers the tests and the questions and four, I will not pay for the tests."

"That sounds reasonable to me Jim, but can't you be more positive about taking her back if the test results show they aren't lying?"

"No, she hurt me deeply and even if I took her back it will be a long time before I forgive her."

"Alright Jim. I'll give her your conditions. I'm really sorry about this. I wanted to tear into her for her stupidity when she showed up at my place this afternoon, but she was such a pathetic sight that I don't believe anything I could say would make her feel any worse. She knows that she has done a very stupid thing and has also done you a terrible wrong. I'll have to give her some pills to get her to sleep tonight. I also want to tell you that she called your kids and told them what she did. I think they were a little put out at her as she hasn't stopped crying since she talked with them. Well, I'd better get back and give your message. Thanks for the Coke."

"OK Mary. Thanks for coming all the way over here. I appreciate your concern."

After she left I sat down to think about the situation. Some of my initial ire had cooled and I was now able to think clearer about what I wanted. I decided to get a drink first and went into the den, where my liquor cabinet was, and poured a tumbler half full with scotch and then went to the kitchen to add an ice cube. Without returning to my seat I wandered about the house looking at all the things that were memories of our married life together. Did I really want to end this? I was awakened from my reverie and reminiscing by the door bell ringing. Checking out the window I saw our daughter, Patty, standing at the front door looking decidedly unhappy.

Oh, oh I thought. She's just found the locks have been changed and her key didn't work. Opening the door Patty immediately came inside giving me a dirty look.

"What's with the locks dad and why aren't you answering your phone. I had to drive here 150 miles to find out what's going on."

"I'm sorry Patty, I didn't want to talk with your mother. I hear from your aunt Mary that she told you what she did."

"Yes, and I'm really mad at you for throwing her out just because of a joke. Can't you forgive her and let her come home? When she called me to let me know what she did she was a basket case. .

"Patty, it was more than just a joke and I'd warned her before that I didn't like the way she and our friend Roger were carrying on with their jokes, but she didn't listen."

"I couldn't get too much out of mom over the phone but I understand it was just a joke. What was so bad about it?"

I went on to relate what had happened. I started out by telling her about the necking joke they had pulled earlier and our discussions afterward. Then I told her about the fucking joke and pulled up my sleeves and showed her my wrists.

"Oh daddy, that's terrible. Was that when you threw her out?"

"Yes, they may have had intercourse. It sure sounded like they did, because I know the sounds your mother makes when she has an orgasm. Either that or they're very good actors. I perceive that they did and that's my reality until she can prove differently."

"I've asked your mother to take a lie detector test and to have Roger take one. If the test results agree I'll have to believe her, but she hurt me so badly that she thought I would have a big laugh and accept being a pseudo wimp, cuckold over their so-called joke. I still may be unable to live with her again."

"I'm real sorry about all this daddy. I hope you and mom can work this because I love you both in spite of what she did."

"I'm trying to accomplish that baby because I really miss your mother, but I still can't get over her disrespect for me."

"OK daddy, I guess I can't ask more than you try to get back with her. I'm going over to see mom now that I know what happened and see if I can get her calmed down. I'll probably spend the night at aunt Mary's and then I have to get back to school tomorrow. Please turn your phones back on so I can get a hold of you and I know Eric wants to talk with you too. I'll call him and let him know what this is all about. He's on that job upstate and has been trying to reach you after mom called him."

"OK baby, I'll turn to the phones back on as soon as you leave. Give me a hug."

I took her in my arms and held her close. She was so much like her mother it was frightening sometimes and I loved her very much. She'd always been my baby.

"Bye daddy." she told me as she went out the door to her car. I waved as she pulled of the driveway and headed up the street. Then I returned to my lonely drink after turning the phones back on..

So that's my story. Maybe you can tell me what I should do if the lie detector tests say she's telling the truth as I expect they will.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE END

12