Book 01: A Match Made Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I stopped at the health club after work Monday. I know; I hadn't mentioned it before. So sue me. Or not! I'm on the downhill side, skidding toward sixty. I need to kill myself, as often as I have the energy, (not nearly enough!) and beat myself to a pulp. I, um, did that for a long time in my marriage. But that was completely different.

I soaked in the tub, at home, after dinner, a glass of wine in hand. Wine is a joy acquired gradually. There's this little store in a strip mall. Mike is his name ... probably not. I guess he thinks I'm cute. As in he flirts, I flirt. As long as I get the wine I want at the price I want, let him dream. I asked him to make me a case one Saturday. He smiled and put together twelve bottles, mixed, that were fabulous. Two, three glasses, two or three times a week ... if you were married to Dylan, wouldn't you? I was, and so is our ... ya know what, never mind. I'm not going to let myself go there.

I giggled, and tingled, thinking about the last shower of the weekend we'd taken this morning. It's not uncommon for Kara, after all the shampoo and soap has been rinsed, to do an 'inspection' to make sure kitty is soap free and smooth. This complex maneuver involves my foot on the edge of the tub, my hand in the railing of the soap dish, and trying, often desperately, not to collapse. The F.D.A. should be so thorough!

The phone rang. Goddammit, I knew I should have brought it in with me. Dripping, I managed to grab it on the fifth ring. Yup, as I suspected, it was blondie.

"I was in the tub you goof. I tracked water to get this." She snorted.

"You're old and tired, baby. I gave you a good going over this weekend." Gawd! "Did you make it to the gym tonight?"

"I did!!" I'm proud of myself too! It had been a while, but I managed to get through my entire workout. My hamstrings are letting me know they're not happy. "I'm soaking in a tub that includes Elemis musclease bath synergy."

"Ah, the joys of old age." I>Yeah, thanks a lot! "Good, I'm glad you went. We should think about doing something after work. That way we could exercise together." Fat chance! It's embarrassing enough with all the kids in the club, let alone the woman I share a bed with more often than not these days.

"Okay; how about I let you check that out. I'll check my club and see if there's a discount if you join mine." Oh god! Silence. I know what I said, lover.

"Really?" I nodded, my heart pounding.

"It's probably too soon still, but yes. It's more likely than not isn't it?" Please say yes! More silence. Stark terror.

Kara's voice trembled as she whispered, "I love you." Is that a yes?

"I love you!" Why does she love me the way she does? And why can't I relax and accept that she just does? I smiled. "Thinking about this morning made me squirmy." She laughed.

"Feel free pet. Kitty may be sore ..." Uh huh! "But let her know I'm thinking of her." She just shivered. I giggled.

"I hope to god N.S.A. isn't monitoring this!" We both laughed.

"If they are, there are a lot of wrecked men out there."

"It's either the most radical code ever or some analyst has his or her pants around their ankles."

"I'm guessing the latter is the most likely." We couldn't stop laughing. Finally, I caught my breath.

"It's hard to keep a straight face when you're not straight." Blondie laughed so hard and loud I had to hold the phone away from my ear. I couldn't stop smiling ... or laughing. This is us!

"Where do you come up with this shit?" Shit? Really?

"I have no clue, lover. It's just how we do." Silence.

"I know, baby." The laughter had stopped. The tingling hadn't. The silence dragged on for years for a few minutes. "So we're seriously considering moving in together?" This again? The water is getting cold.

"Uh huh; there's no rush, but I like waking up next to you, Kara." Do not cry! I heard her sniffle. Dammit!

"I better go. Kitty's on high alert and you know what a greedy bitch she is." I smiled.

"We love that about her!" She laughed. Kara, that is.

"My kitty just told me she wants to kiss yours." Oh my god! It just keeps getting funnier.

"We should probably give them some privacy." We were nearly breathless laughing by now.

"Ya know, we really should!" I was shivering.

"I better go. The bath water is cold, kitty isn't." That last jumped into my head and out of my mouth.

Her voice soft, Kara said, "I loved having you this weekend." Kitty wept. "Sleep sweet, baby." I nodded.

"Think of me when you wake up." I shivered; not from the cold water. "I love you!" My eyes were closed.

I lay in bed, panting, my pearl pulsing, muscles twitching. I think it took less than thirty seconds for the explosion to scream through me, thinking of my blondie, of us, our weekend. Monday was fabulous!

Incredibly, Tuesday was better!! Here's the email that was waiting for me when I turned on my computer:

I love that time in the morning when you're just waking, eyes are still shut and your body is taking in its surroundings. Especially when it includes feeling the skin of your lover against you. We are facing each other but only legs are touching. Mine between yours and yours hiked up on my hip. The rest of us so close... breathing the same small pocket of air. I can feel the heat from your breasts just an inch away from mine. My eyes slowly open, my heart skips and I smile... love washing over me. My back is to the clock but it seems pretty light outside... hate to wake you too early but I need to touch you.

My fingertips brush along your shoulder, down the side of your breast... tummy... and then stop at one of my favorite spots, right where your butt cheek meets your leg. My eyes are following my hand so I don't see yours open, but I feel them. I look up to find your beautiful browns smiling at me. As I make small gentle circles with my fingers, our lips inch closer but not quite touching. Your breath warm, "Morning lover." My heart quickens and we kiss... sweet, unhurried... the first of many today.

I woke up feeling you next to me... morning baby. I hope you slept as well as I did and for the same reason!! Wink. I can't wait till this is our morning, every morning. I love you!! Kara

I was a mess, leaking north and south. And then you called. I sniffled, wiped my nose with the back of my hand.

"Oh good, you're awake!" The not crying thing isn't working so well. "You're crying? Are you okay, baby?" I nodded.

"It's beautiful. I'm soaked and my eyes are leaking. Thank you sweetie." I heard her sigh.

"Oh yay! I'm happy you liked it. I was lounging on the bed, thinking of the weekend, and hurried to write it." I was too exhausted most of the weekend. You probably had watched me sleep. "Did you do what I did before you fell asleep?"

"Uh huh; sore as she is, kitty took all of about thirty seconds to rocket into orbit." She giggled.

"We were insanely silly weren't we?" I nodded.

"Ixnay on the illysay." We were right back at it.

"Right! National security is at stake." As if!

"So what are you doing?" Probably the same thing you are.

"Laying here naked, touching myself." She giggled. "You too huh?"

"Uh huh. You want to?" Uh huh. We did.

*

Author's Notes: Hi everyone. I took some time off after my last story and this one took a little more time to write than I had expected. I hope everyone enjoyed their summer. There's some important new information in my bio that I'd like to ask everyone to take a peek at!

Your votes, comments and emails are what make writing so much fun. I've been able to connect with so many of you since I began posting about a year and a half ago. I treasure all the connections and friends I've made. Each new story brings the opportunity to reach new people as well as current fans. Thanks to all. I work very hard at my writing to continue to try to earn your readership. It's a great community with so many wonderful writers!!

As ever, this is a flight of fantasy; completely fictitious. If there is any resemblance to anyone walking among us my apologies. I hope you've enjoyed the first chapter of a rather long tale!!