A Mind is a Terrible Thing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was sweating and shaking. Sooner or later I'll be alone in the house. I can't take this much longer. The day dragged on. I was nervously watching the clock. I did not want to go to sleep tonight.

Just before bedtime my world turned on its side.

"I've got to run back to the office. I shouldn't be gone for more than ninety minutes."

"Please don't go Blake. Can't it wait until the morning?"

"I won't be gone long. See you in a bit."

I made sure all of the doors and windows were locked. After closing the bedroom door and enabling the bells, I sat on my bed with the lights on. Grabbing the gun from under the pillow, I checked the magazine and confirmed it was loaded.

My heart started pounding when I heard the floor creak. Panic set it. I vacillated pointing my gun at the door and window. When the bell on the door dinged, I fired. I heard a groan and fired again and again and again. The door swung open and a body, dressed in black, slumped face down. I was trembling and looked down to see that I had pissed in the bed.

My shaking was so bad I had trouble using my cell phone.

"Nine One One. What's your emergency?"

"I just shot someone in my house. I've got a gun aimed at the body. I'm afraid to go near it."

"Try to stay calm ma'am. Can you give me your address?"

Five minutes later, although it seems like hours, the first squad car arrived. A minute later the ambulance arrived along with some paramedics. Within thirty minutes the place was crawling with police. I wanted Blake. I needed Blake. Where the hell is Blake?

In our state we have a make-my-day law. Intruder in your home? Kill them as you see fit. If the intruder died it was an open and shut case. The paramedics worked quickly to get the man to the hospital. He had lost a lot of blood but was alive.

+ + + +

Blake sits and waits:

I told Shauna I was headed to the office. Once in the garage I put on latex gloves. I found Shauna's burner phone in her car, copied the text that infuriated me, then sent it to Ray. It was unchanged from what she had sent a few months ago. The time sent was almost exactly the same as before. I put her phone back where I found it.

I pulled down the street and waited for her bedroom light to be the only one lit. I only had to wait a few minutes. I walked back and unlocked the front door. I hustled away and was at my office soon thereafter.

We have lots of security cameras and I need my access card to get through the gate, into the building, and then into my office. I turned on my computer but just sat and wondered. Would it really work?

Once I devised my plan, I bought a burner phone and downloaded the voice disguise app. I could sense the panic in Shauna's behavior that first night at home. Every night I would mix a sleeping sedative into her hot tea. Once down she was out cold. That first night I repositioned her such that I could get a nice shot of her pussy. I printed it on our printer.

The panic in her voice on day two was exactly what I was hoping for. Every night she was out cold so I could make lots of noise and she wouldn't stir.

On Friday night I got up around 3 am and used a safety pin to poke a hole in the back of my neck. Once I detected blood I flushed the safety pin. Taking three sleeping pills I was out quickly.

I mulled over the text from a few months earlier that I had resent a while ago.

'He just left for the office. Get that hard cock over here and fill my warm wet holes. You don't have much time.'

I figured my time to go home would be about an hour from now or when the police called. An hour meant the plan didn't work. The police would mean success.

A call came in on my cell from my local government "This is Blake."

"Mr. Folle?"

"Who is this?"

"Sir, this is Sergeant Willis. There's been a shooting at your house. Your wife is unharmed although greatly shaken. Are you able to come home and comfort her?"

"I'm on my way. I should be there in ten minutes."

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

+ + + +

I arrived home to find the neighborhood flooded with red and blue blinking lights. Working my way past the sentries I entered my house. Shauna leapt to her feet when she spotted me. She gave me a crushing hug and started sobbing.

Detective Samson sat down across from Shauna and I. She was still sobbing and shaking.

"Mrs. Folle, the name of the intruder is Ray Stronzo. Do you know him?"

"Oh gawd no! Oh shit! I'm so sorry Blake. Oh gawd" and starting crying uncontrollable.

"Sorry detective. My wife is obviously distraught about this whole thing. Give her a minute to compose herself."

"Alright, let's try this again. It appears you do know Ray Stronzo, is that correct?"

In a soft whisper "We went to high school together."

About that time an officer tapped Detective Samson on the shoulder and whispered in his ear. He stood up and left the room for just a minute.

I did my best to look shocked when he returned and started talking "Mrs. Folle, I'm going to take you in for questioning. Officer please cuff her. Shauna Folle, you have the right to remain silent..."

When the Miranda was finished "What's going on Detective?"

"We found his cell phone. Your wife invited him over this evening. We've got some investigating to do."

"WHAT THE FUCK? YOU BITCH!"

"Blake, I did no such thing! Please don't go. I need you. PLEASE!"

I stomped out of the house without looking back. It was all I could do to hold back my smirk.

+ + + +

I watched from the driveway as they led Shauna away. She was still pleading "Help me Blake. Please. Help me."

Not a chance slut. It's just a matter of time until they find your phone and the text you sent inviting Ray to come over. I made sure they locked up the house, after the yellow tape was in place. I spent the night in a motel.

In the morning I grabbed a large decaf and headed for the park. It looked like my little spider friend was trying again. Don't stop believing buddy. Even the most outrageous plans have a chance of working.

+ + + +

Shauna used her 'one call' to get her parents involved. The police secured a search warrant and found Shauna's burner phone. With a history of those burner phones talking and texting each other, it didn't look good for Shauna.

My first call was to start divorce proceedings. Finances were identified and documented. Shauna would get her fifty percent but I did not have to pay her legal fees for attempted first degree murder.

I took fifty percent, in cash, from our joint accounts. I opened an account in my name only and changed my payroll direct deposit to use that account. The brokerage account was easy as half of it was in cash.

The divorce attorney got things going before Ray started any legal action. That was a good thing he assured me.

Once the yellow tape was removed, I packed up all of Shauna's belongings and dropped them off at her parent's house. I hired professionals to clean the house.

My attorney accompanied me to the only questioning the police would ask me to attend. She was attempting to convince them that I set her up. That was the only thing that made any sense to her as she was telling them that she did NOT send that last text message.

When asked if they had cell tower information on her phones, they said that they did and it matched my story and their assumption that she was a cold blooded criminal.

Apparently Annie Oakley chokes under pressure. Only two of the five bullets had struck flesh. One ripped a hole destroying a kidney. The other took a chuck out of his right ear. I guess I can live with that, although I was hoping for more out of all that pistol training.

+ + + +

Epilogue:

I watched from the gallery as she pled her case.

'She was being stalked, but told no one because of her affair.' 'She never sent that text.' 'My husband must have known and framed me.'

The press learned that she had been offered a plea bargain. I guess her over confidence in her ability to handle a situation got the best of her again. Guilty. Twenty years.

I didn't wait until the divorce was granted to start sleeping around. There are many groupies willing to help out the cuckolded husband once the wife is serving time.

Shauna's assets were depleted rather quickly fighting for her freedom. I was not on the hook and even if Ray tried to sue, there were no joint assets with any significant value. Paying through the nose to get a moral victory made no sense, so no lawsuit ever materialized.

I really do need to get some help on how to deal with the jealousy thing.

12