A Montauk Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finn took the gold envelope and stepped a little closer. "Look, we'd love to have you again next year. Can we book now?"

Santa winked at him. "Next year? Oh, I feel pretty certain that I'll be here. Just stay on the Good List, Finn."

The phone rang and Finn shook his hand before heading off to grab it. Everyone wished Santa well as he left, and Dink started whining again and pawed at the door.

Finn looked at his phone but didn't recognize the number. "This is Finn."

"Mr. Corrigan? I am so, so sorry. My car dropped the tranny on Montauk Highway. I can still get there in about 90 minutes if that works for you. Triple A is on the way now. They said they'll be here in half an hour."

"I'm sorry, who is this?"

"Oh, sorry. This is Alan Kimble, from the agency. Your Santa?"

"There seems to be a mix-up. Our Santa just left."

"Ah, no sir, I'm the only one crazy enough to work on Christmas day. The other Santas are with their families. Listen, I get it, this is my fault. If you don't want to pay me, it's cool. I just don't want to disappoint the kids."

"That's... what? No, it's not the money. Are you sure no other Santas are working?"

"Yeah, we're sort of a tight-knit group. Do you still want me to come by?"

"Sorry, yeah. It's Christmas, of course. Listen, how much would it cost to replace the transmission?"

"I'm... uhh, I have no idea."

"Not a problem. I'll find out. Merry Christmas, Alan. If you have family, definitely grab the money and feel free to get back to them. If you don't and would like to join us for lunch or cocoa, stop by as Alan. I'll have an envelope waiting for you at the front gate. Have a great holiday and the same to your family."

"Okay, thank you, Mr. Corrigan."

"It's Finn, and you're very welcome."

He told Jen about the conversation, and they both sat there befuddled. As Dink started whining again, Jennifer asked him about the envelope.

"Oh, I nearly forgot. Probably a Christmas card with his business info." Finn pulled it out and opened the envelope. Inside were two cards. He recognized the handwriting on the one that said "Finn". He had to close it for a moment to compose himself. It appeared to be fresh ink and un-aged paper.

Opening it again, he pulled out the card with his name.

My Beloved Finn,

How I envy your parents and friends and everyone your lovely family spends time with this holiday. I miss you and Jennifer every day, but I'm content with your happiness. Please know that you are loved and will never be far from my thoughts.

It is good to have friends in high places. Cultivate them, especially those that live in the remote north.

Your Aunt Cynthia

He silently passed the card to Jennifer as he pulled out the second card that was labeled with her own name.

Cynthia,

A belated welcome to the family. I was with your mother when she first got to know you, and you and I will stay in touch. We have much in common, and I feel as if we know each other already.

Every boy deserves a dog, and every dog needs his boy, but we are not discriminatory in this family. Merry Christmas, my beloved namesake. I think that you will find that she needs you as much as you need her. Give her your love and she will return it a thousand-fold.

Aunt Cynthia

Finn brushed away a tear as he handed the second card to his wife. She read it over and turned to him. "How... you don't think that guy was really..."

"I don't know, Jen. I just don't know anymore. I'm just happy to be happy and I'm going to let it be."

Dink's whining grew louder, and he started scratching at the door. When he began barking, the family walked over. William looked out the window. "Yeet! Dad! It's a dog."

They opened the door and Dink pushed his way through their legs. He started sniffing the dog in the cage that looked so much like a smaller version of himself. Sitting on top of the cage was a mound of dog biscuits wrapped up in cellophane and tied off with green and red ribbons.

William went over and unlocked the cage door. The puppy licked his face, smelled Dink and ambled over to Cynthia, pushing her hands with its head. As she hugged the puppy, William smiled, bent over and pet the dog. "Hello, Buttercup. Welcome to Montauk."

They all filtered back into the house, but Finn stopped, turned and looked outward, towards the security post at the gate and beyond. He had hired some extra details for the day and ensured that everyone who celebrated Christmas had the day off.

"Merry Christmas, everyone. Thank you for spending some time with us."

********

No primitive talk, Finn. Come inside. Dink grows tired. Sit by fire, Good Boy. Dink will be at Finn's side. Dink protect. Always my Finn. Always Dink. Always Dink and Finn. Dink protect pack.

I rested next to the fire, starting to dream of the Old Time and the First Place.

A noise. I lifted my head. Pack safe? Yes, pack safe. I slept in the delicious warmth.

********

I usually find it too presumptuous to dedicate a story, but screw it. This story is dedicated to Daisy, the best of dogs. She left us this year and I hope she's in a better place, chasing squirrels and demanding to be petted by people she loves.

A huge thanks are due to Girl in the Moon and Steve for their editing, everyone that was kind enough to beta-read and the good people of Sports Illustrated. I added a bit to the story after editing, so all errors are mine.

In keeping with the theme of Christmas stories, I enjoyed "A Daddy's Love" by Tx Tall Tales. It's a bit of a tear jerker. Grab some tissues, a hot chocolate and enjoy.

HERE