A New One

Story Info
A tale about Frank and Kathy.
10.3k words
4.04
256.9k
87
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You often hear the phrase that "Life isn't fair" and I'm living proof that it is true. But every once in a while life gives you a gift that helps ease things somewhat. Again, I'm living proof.

+++++++++++++++++++

I was an indifferent student. Not a poor one – I maintained a B average – but I just didn't care for school so college wasn't in my future. I'd never been more that fifty miles from the town I was born in so one of the things I wanted to do was travel. Travel meant money and money meant a good job that paid well and while there may have been plenty of jobs in our town none of them paid well enough for me to do what I wanted to do. The day after graduation, diploma in hand, I was waiting at the front door to the Army recruiting office when the recruiter unlocked the door. I filled out a bunch of forms and when asked what I would like to do I put down Airborne, Infantry, Armor and lastly Artillery. Three days later I was on a bus headed for Fort Knox, Kentucky and Basic Training.

After Basic the Army consulted my list of choices, decided that I didn't really want any of those things, so next on my travel itinerary was a trip to Fort Lee, Virginia where I learned the basics of keeping the Army supplied. I learned how to build crates, pack supplies, and drive the forklifts that loaded the stuff on the trucks and rail cars that would move it to where it was needed. At the end of the course I was given a list of places where my MOS (Military Occupation Specialty) was needed and asked to mark my preferences in the order I would like to go. I chose Britain (two places), Germany (three places), France (one place), Spain (one place), Italy (two places) and Hawaii. Naturally the Army being the Army looked at my choices and decided that I really didn't mean it when I made those choices and they shipped me off to Korea.

I spent the next sixteen months as a Supply Handler at the 55th Quartermaster Depot in Pusan, Korea. That included a six week TDY (temporary duty assignment) to Yokohama, Japan and a three week TDY to Seoul.

Next on my world tour was a twelve month assignment to Fort Lewis, Washington which is where I would be stationed when my enlistment ran out. Two months before the end of my enlistment I was not surprised when the first sergeant called me into his office and tried to sweet talk me into considering the Army as a career. I told him honestly that I didn't really think I wanted to do that and he asked me why. I gave him chapter and verse on how I ended up in Supply instead of the choices I'd made when I enlisted and in Korea when I had selected the other side of the world when they gave me a list to choose from. I told him that the Army just didn't seem to give a shit where I was concerned.

"Besides, I can't see packing and moving boxes for the next twenty years."

"I guess I can see how you are looking at it, but you have to realize that the Army needs to put people where they are needed. They needed people in Supply and they figured that you could do the job so that is where they put you. Same with duty assignments. They put you where they think you will be the best fit. There is more to Supply than packing stuff and loading trucks. Someone has to manage the warehouses. Someone has to schedule the movement of material, keep track of inventory and order what is needed and see to it that it gets to where it is needed in a timely manner. Someone has to supervise the people. The list goes on and on. You made corporal in two years and most, if they make corporal at all, don't get the rank until near the end of their enlistment so higher obviously thinks you have the goods. If you reenlist now I can guarantee a slot in the next Supply Management training class and you should be a shoo in for E-5 by the end of the course."

The man could have sold sand to an Arab and after another half hour of talk Uncle Sam had me for another three years. The first shirt tried hard to get me to take six, but I was just a tad leery. He made some promises, but I had already seen that once you sign on the dotted line the Army does what it feels like. I'd just wait and see what happened before committing to a twenty year career.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Sergeant Ebers was straight with me. I received orders for the eight month Supply Management course at Fort Lee and after a thirty day leave I reported in. The course didn't prove to be hard and I breezed through it and finished in the top five of a class of thirty-two. Next on my world tour was a twelve month assignment to Fort Hood, Texas and six months into my stay there I was promoted to E-5 (buck sergeant). Next I was posted to Stuttgart-Mohrigen in Germany for a year and on leaves I was able to visit England, France and Spain. Then it was back to the US for a tour at Fort Leonard Wood. Again, two months from the end of my enlistment I was in the office of the first shirt where he did his best to convince me that my future was with the Green Machine, but he was fighting a losing battle because that time I wasn't buying it.

I'd had six years to discover one of the Army's basic truths and that was that the majority of officers major and under (with the exception of ninety percent of West Pointers) were incompetent, screaming assholes or both This might not be true of line officers, but it damned sure was true of the idiots in the Quartermaster Corp. I firmly believe that Supply was the dumping ground for officers that couldn't cut it in other branches.

I'd seen dozens of my fellow grunts go up on chicken shit Article 15 hearings and Summary Courts Martial's usually because some brain dead officer fucked up and laid the blame off on the closest enlisted man. I watched guys whose only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time while serving under an incompetent clown get sent of to the stockade for anywhere from ninety days to a year. Over a year and you got an all expenses paid trip to Leavenworth. I could see that it was only a matter of time until it happened to me. I told the top "thanks, but no thanks."

I did my last two months, being called in to the first sergeant's office once a week for the sales pitch (he even promised me E-6 within six months) which I resisted, and then I took my discharge and headed home.

++++++++++++++++++

I spent the first two weeks getting reacquainted with people I knew and looking for an apartment. Once I was settled in I went looking for a job. Surprisingly I was hired by the first company I applied to. XYZ Industries just happened to need a man in their shipping and receiving department and one look at my Army experience got me the job.

I had gone to school with two of the guys who worked in shipping so I wasn't an 'outsider' when I started. At the end of my first day Sam and Dave asked me if I wanted to stop after work with them to have a drink or two at the Landing Strip and shoot some pool. I had nothing better to do so I went. There were another three or four there who I had gone to school with so it was a mini-reunion of sorts. After that I stopped at The Strip once or twice a week.

One night Abe Costico asked me if I was doing anything on Wednesday nights and when I told him no he told me that the mixed league he bowled in needed substitute bowlers. Wednesday evening I went over to Starlight Lanes and signed up. I subbed for about two months and then one of the guys on the Wilson Jewelers team got transferred out of state and I was asked to take his place.

The team consisted of Joe and Mary Moore, Phil and Sandy Barnes and me. I'd gone to school with Joe and Mary although her name had been Ostermann back then. Phil and Sandy had moved to town after I'd departed on my world tour.

I was amazed at the change in Mary. Back when we had been in school she had been stand-offish and even a bit timid. Now she was loud and outgoing and had a bit of the raunchy in her. She was always on me about my love life, which sorry to say, was non-existent. I was dating some, but hadn't gotten to the point with any of my dates where 'intimate behavior' was going to occur. Mary kept laughing and telling me that if I wanted to bring my average up (158 if anyone cares) I needed to get laid more often. I'd look at Joe and he would just shrug as if to say "Hey, it's Mary; it's the way she is. What can I say?"

One night when I stopped at The Strip after work with Sam and Dave I saw Joe there shooting eight ball with Arnie Miller. When Joe lost Sam was the next one to take on Arnie and Joe came and sat with me. While we worked on our beers curiosity got the better of me and I asked Joe about the change in Mary. How had she gone one-eighty from the way she used to be?

"I married her."

"You are that much of a magician?"

"No, but marrying me got her away from her family. Her father was an abusive drunk and her mother was just a plain drunk with no spine and she didn't keep daddy from abusing the kids. I got her out of that house and she blossomed."

Bowling ended and I signed up for a summer men's house league and in the fall I went back to the mixed league as a member of the Wilson team. Three weeks after the fall season began Joe and Mary showed up with a very beautiful young girl and I was introduced to Mary's younger sister Kathy.

"I'm trying to get her to take up bowling" Mary said, "And I brought her down here tonight to watch."

It was a good night for us. We took the first and third games and total pins and as we were putting our balls and shoes away Mary told me she was going to teach Kathy to bowl starting the coming Saturday and she asked me if I would like to join them. I said I'd like to and to shorten the story some I asked Kathy for a date and even though I was six years older than she was she said yes. Six months later she said years again when I proposed and three months later we were married.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Kathy was a virgin when we tied the knot, but happily I wasn't. I'd had sex nearly every place I had been and between the American, Spanish, French, German, English and oriental girls I'd been with I had learned a lot and I rejoiced at being able to teach my bride everything that I knew. Kathy took to sex like a drunk grabs a bottle of booze – eagerly! The only thing she refused to even consider was anal, but there was so much of everything else that I didn't care.

At work one day I was asked to report to Jason Riley's office. Jason was the manager of Shipping and Receiving and as I sat there waiting to be admitted to his office I was running through my trying to think of what I might have done to get me called on the carpet. It turned out to be nothing bad. XYZ had purchased a program that was remarkably similar to the one the Army used for inventory control and to track purchasing.

"As I remember from your original interview you were well versed in the use of the Army's system and while what we have just purchased isn't the exact same system we were told that it was developed based on the Army's system. How would you like to move out of the warehouse?"

Just like that I had a significant raise and a title. I was the Supervisor of Inventory Control. I got a huge ration of shit from Sam and Dave who accused me of being a suck ass, but I could tell that it was good natured.

Kathy wanted to wait for a while before having kids, but she didn't want to sit at home all day and watch soap operas until I got home from work so she got a job waitressing at the Town and Country Restaurant. The next five years were pretty good at work and on the home front.

It was shortly after our fifth wedding anniversary that Kelly began to lose interest in making love. She never said no to me, but she never initiated it any more. The days of her waiting for me at the front door in nothing but high heels were long gone, but Kathy had usually come after me a couple of times a week, but that wasn't happening any more. I was racking my brain trying to figure out the change when Kathy finally told me. We had just finished dinner and Kathy said:

"I want a divorce Frank."

"A divorce? Why in God's name do you want a divorce? What have I done?"

"It isn't anything that you did Frank; I just don't love you any more and I'm sorry to have to say it, but I don't know that I ever loved you. I like you a lot, but I think I only married you so I could get out of the house and away from my father and mother."

I sat there looking at her and I remembered what Joe had said about Mary getting away from her folks.

Then the 'unsaid' occurred to me.

"What you are really saying is that you have found someone else who you think you do love."

She looked away from me and I asked, "How long has it been going on?"

"It doesn't matter Frank."

"It matters to me Kathy. How long have you been cheating on me? How long have you been stabbing me in the back? And just who is the asshole? And don't try telling me he isn't an asshole. Men who go after married women are assholes."

"Don't make this any harder than it has to be Frank. I don't love you and I want out. I could have just moved out while you were at work and had you served, but I wanted to be upfront about it and tell you face to face."

"Bullshit Kathy! If you wanted to be upfront you would have told me before you started fucking the asshole. You want a divorce? Fine! Go get one, but now that I know what a whore you are I want you out of the apartment now. Right now! Right this minute! I'll box and bag all your stuff and you can come by and get it tomorrow when I get home from work."

"Be reasonable Frank. Where am I supposed to go on a moments notice? We can co-exist. I don't hate you Frank; I just don't love you."

"Get out Kathy. Go live with the asshole you are fucking."

"He is out of town until next week. You can put up with me for that long."

"I could, but I won't. Live on the street until he gets home. I don't care if you need to get a cardboard box and live under the 12th Street underpass; just get out now before I physically throw you out."

"Please Frank, I....."

"Out Kathy! Now!!"

She started crying and saying, "Please Frank; don't do th..." and I stood up, took her arm and drug her to the door. I opened it, pushed her outside and then closed the door and locked it. I went and found her purse, took the apartment key off her key ring, took all of the credit cards and ATM cards out of her wallet and then went and opened the door and tossed her purse out after her. She was standing there begging me to let her back inside and I closed the door in her face.

Was I being unreasonable? Probably. But she wasn't just leaving me; she had cheated on me and there was no forgiveness in me for that. I cleaned up the kitchen and then, making sure that Kathy wasn't outside waiting, I went to Home Depot to get a new locking front door knob and a keyed alike deadbolt. Then I hurried home to install them against the possibility that Kathy had a spare key somewhere.

Two hours later the doorbell rang and I looked out the spy hole and saw Mary and Joe standing there. I invited them in, offered them a beer and then waited for what I knew was coming. Mary took a pull on her beer and then said:

"Kathy called me and told me that you threw her out. Is it true?"

"Did she tell you why?"

"Then you did throw her out."

"Yes I did, but did she tell you why?"

"Just that you threw her out and she had no place to stay."

I told Joe and Mary the story and Mary's face showed anger. For a second I thought it was at me for kicking her sister out, but then she said:

"That stupid, stupid little bitch. I'm sorry Frank. I came over here to raise hell with you over the way you treated Kathy and now all I want to do is wring her neck. Any chance that the two of you can work past this?"

"None. For one she said she didn't love me and wasn't sure that she ever had so there is nothing to build on to help get by it and secondly she cheated on me with another man. That is something that I can't forgive let alone forget."

After Joe and Mary left I finished off the three bottles of beer left in the fridge and went to bed.

+++++++++++++++++++

Things moved quickly after that. I didn't wait for Kathy to file for divorce. I got an attorney and filed. The state was 'no-fault' so I couldn't claim infidelity even if I wanted to (which I did). Everything was to be split equally which was no big thing since we had nothing of consequence. We hadn't been married long enough for Kathy to have any claim on my pension or 401(k), but I did have to pay her $126.00 a week alimony for two years or until she remarried which ever came first. What really pissed me off was that I had been putting money into a special savings account for the down payment on a house and I had to give Kathy half of it even though she had never put a dime into it from what she made.

The week after I pushed her out the front door she moved in with a guy named Raymond Rydell. Being a somewhat vindictive sort, one night about a month after I had filed against Kathy I was waiting outside the Town and Country when Kathy got off work. Ray worked afternoons at the box factory so Kathy had shifted her hours from days to afternoons. Ray got off work at eleven-thirty and Kathy got off at midnight so Ray would come to the restaurant and drink coffee until Kathy got off work.

When they came out and walked to his car I came out of the shadows and stood in front of him and said, "I owe you motherfucker" and I hit him as hard as I was able. He was stunned and I moved in and beat the living fuck out of him while Kathy cried and tried to pull me off of him. He was laying in a heap on the ground and after kicking him in the nuts a couple of times I bent down over him and said:

"This is the price you pay for going after another man's wife. If you are smart, and I'm betting that you aren't, it ends here. You've just paid the price for fucking Kathy while she was still married to me. Take the beating, accept that you earned and deserved it and walk away. Call the cops and if I end up in jail, even if it is only overnight until I can make bail, I'll come back when I get out and break both of your arms. If I go to jail for that I'll come back and break both of your legs. A third trip to jail will see me putting you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. Understand me here Ray; I am as serious as death."

I stood up and looked at a crying Kathy and said, "Okay cunt! Now you can kiss him and make it better."

I walked away and went home. I fully expected the police to show up at my door and had in fact already set things up so I could get bailed out, but the cops never came. I guess Ray either accepted that he had it coming or he had believed my threats which, by the way, I had meant every word of.

A month after the divorce was final Kathy moved out of Ray's place and I wondered if she had suddenly decided that she didn't love him either and had picked another lover to replace him as she had with me. I wondered, but not enough to try and find out. Kathy dropped out of sight and even Mary didn't have a clue as to where she might have gone.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Three years went by and my work life was great. Jason had retired and I was promoted into his job. Personal life was okay. I dated a lot and got laid some, but never found that one 'special girl' to hook up with.

First night of the fall league Mary showed up without Joe. She went over to talk to the league secretary and when she came back to the alleys we were on I asked her where Joe was.

"Joe is gone."

I raised my eyebrows at that and she noticed and said, "I owe you an apology."

"What for?"

"For thinking you were an asshole for throwing Kathy out. I just couldn't understand how you could so suddenly turn on someone you had lived with for as long as you had. Now I know how you were feeling at the time."