A Perilous Journey Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That is why we are talking. We need to get the ground rules in place and they probably will not be the same as Niki's and her husband. I get the feeling that they go out every weekend alone and that is not where I am willing to go. We need to have a balance," Paul replied.

"Ok. I still want to be able to go out with my friends for a night out. I have really enjoyed going out and being with friends. I have not been with another man so that is not necessarily what I am talking about. If that happens it happens but it is fun to just go out and let my hair down. Can we agree that we each have one weekend a month to do our own thing as long as we keep the other informed of where we are and times. I don't mean every detail but I do not want to be home worrying about you and I don't want you worried about me."

Paul considered this before replying, "We can agree to that as a starting point but until we are comfortable with the rules we set I think we both have the option of changing them. I like the rule of special occasions and vacations are not optional. We spend those together. I also think that if asked for details we are obligated to give the other as much detail as they want."

Anita did not like that and was trying to figure out a way to leave out details. "I don't think I want to hear the details of you with another woman. Honestly I don't think I even want to know when you are out with another woman. I think as long as we keep each other informed on times the rest should be left up to us as far as sharing."

"Nope. The goal is not to have our own independent lives but to have something to share to spice ours up. If I ask I expect to know what is going on in as much detail as I want," Paul replied sternly.

Anita did not like it and wondered if it would just be better to call the whole thing off. She had really enjoyed last night though and just remembering made her wet and her pussy tingle. She decided to just drop it and deal with questions later. She got up and walked to his chair and kissed him. "I love you Paul. Let's make this work for both of us." Turning she walked back into the house.

*************

To Paul it seemed that things returned to normal for the next few weeks. Anita did not go out with her friends and they seemed to be doing more together. Sex was no better but they were enjoying doing things together.

Anita for her part was struggling with what she wanted to do. She talked with Niki a lot on the phone and via text. Niki had asked her to go out the following Friday night and maybe go back over to Brett's place afterwards. Frank wanted to join them. Anita knew where this was headed and based on Paul's position she knew she would not be willing to take that step. Making out a little with Niki and playing with herself in front of them was one thing. Having sex with another guy was a much bigger step.

"Everything is up to you," Niki told her. "If you do not want to do anything with Frank that is fine. It will just be a fun night out for you."

It was Wednesday before Anita mentioned going out to Paul. He did not answer immediately but eventually told her to remember the rules and have fun. She let Niki know that she would meet them at nine at Yolos. Thursday she asked Paul if he was going to do anything on Friday night. He said he had made some tentative plans but things were still a little up in the air. He did not elaborate and Anita felt sure he was just trying to make her worry. "Remember to let me know what time you will be home," she said. "I do not want to be sitting around worried."

Friday night came and when Anita walked downstairs Paul was sitting in the den. He was dressed to go out but still had not told Anita where he was going nor had he asked her where she was going. "Meeting someone," she asked?

"Yes. I wanted to see you off first. I am meeting Steve and we will probably do a little bar hopping. Probably will not be out too late."

"Ok. Have fun and I will text you if I am going to be after midnight." She hesitated, "I love you Paul. Are we ok?"

"I think so. This is pretty new. I am not happy with things but we will see how it goes. I would like it much better if we were doing things together."

*************

She got to Yolo's a few minutes after nine. Niki was there already sitting at a booth in the back alone. Anita slid in and motioned for the waitress and when she arrived asked for a glass of wine. "Everything ok," Niki asked?

"I think so. Paul seems aloof. He is going out with a friend tonight. I am not sure if he is just trying to make me wonder or if he is really getting into this. I am not sure I am really into it."

"Did you have fun when you came over to Brett's place," Niki asked?

Smiling Anita replied, "Yes. I did. I am not sure how much further I want to take it though."

"Then just go with the flow. Do what you want and say no to what you are uncomfortable with."

As they continued to talk Brett came in with Frank. They joined them at the table and they talked, drank and danced for the next two hours.

They were sitting and Frank had headed to the bar to get what they agreed would be the last drink of the night when a man walked over and spoke to Brett and Niki. After a couple of minutes of talk the man finally turned to Anita and extended his hand, "My name is Al and you are?"

"Anita. Very nice to meet you," Anita replied.

He was black and appeared to be older than the rest of the group, maybe late 40's or early 50's. He was in great shape and had an air of confidence that added to his attractiveness.

"The pleasure is all mine. May I sit?"

Without waiting for a reply he slid in beside her. "So what brings you out with this motley crew," he asked turning towards Anita.

"Motley crew? You are someone to talk," chimed in Niki before Anita could reply. "You are the most degenerate of us all," she said laughing.

"Anita are you going to make me sit here and listen to this in order to have the pleasure of your company? Will you join me for a dance instead," he asked acting offended?

Smiling Anita accepted. She found him extremely charming and attractive. He was not the dancer Frank was but he was not bad. At least he did not embarrass himself. They danced for three songs before returning to the table. Frank did not look happy but was gracious none the less. As soon as they got to the table Niki asked if everyone was ready to leave and much to Frank's dismay she asked if Al would like to join them.

Al, noticing Frank's reaction declined but did ask Anita if he could walk her to her car.

"I think she is riding with the three of us," said Frank.

Anita was not quite ready to be rid of Al and quickly replied, "I am taking my mine so no one has to give me a ride back to get my car. I will meet you guys at Brett's place." She could tell this did not make Frank happy but he would just have to deal with it. It was approaching midnight and she wanted to drive by herself so she could text Paul and so she did not have to depend on someone else for a ride.

Grabbing her purse she took the offered arm and walked with Al to the door. "So how do you know this crew," Anita asked as they walked into the parking lot?

"We have mutual leisure interests. And you? I noticed the ring. Is your husband not with you tonight?"

"He had other plans and Niki asked if I would like to join them so here I am," Anita said avoiding the topic of her husband.

"Your husband should be more careful. A scoundrel like me is likely to try to tempt you," he said charmingly.

Smiling Anita pointed to her car. When they got to the car she hit the beeper and unlocked the door. Al opened the door for her and as Anita got in the car he said, "I would enjoy seeing you again. May I buy you dinner sometime next week?"

"I don't know. You did point out that my husband should not let me out alone. But it is tempting to say yes to such a gentleman."

"Well my dear I am not always a gentleman. Here is my number and I would love to hear from you," he said writing his number on the back of a card and handing it to her.

"We'll see. Thank you for a nice ending to an evening. Good night."

12