A Question of Time, Ch. 03

Story Info
Burke explains how he became a hypnoslaver.
2.3k words
4.28
28.1k
10

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 06/14/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JukeboxEMCSA
JukeboxEMCSA
3,751 Followers

Maggie wasn't thinking about anything.

Friends, work, stress, worries, cares, troubles, fears, all of them gone.

She just listened to the soft, emotionless voice, and watched the landscape as it drifted past. She felt numb inside, detached from her surroundings...nothing felt real anymore, and although she heard the voice speaking to her, she didn't react at all.

It was all just too big to take in. She'd trusted this man with her life, with her mind, with her soul, and to find this out... She couldn't think about it. Her mind veered away from the concept. She just listened to him as they drove, letting the words drift through her ears while trying not to let her mind think about their implications.

"It started back in '82," Burke said. "I was a college student back then, but I wasn't a very good one. That wasn't due to any lack of intelligence on my part, you understand. I was very smart about a lot of things. Unfortunately, staying off drugs wasn't one of them.

"I was connected to a lot of the right people on campus, and it was an easy step to move from using drugs to selling them. I made a hell of a living at it, and if my grades suffered, who cared? I made more in one night selling coke and speed to college students than most psych grads made in a week. I kept taking classes-there were a few things that interested me, mostly chemistry and a couple of psych courses-but for the most part, my days consisted of going from party to party, house to house, with baggies of weed and balls of hash and leaving with wallets full of money.

"The chem classes were what got it all started, I guess. I was always looking for ways to increase the potency of the stuff I was selling. I'd find new stuff to cut the pure drugs with that was cheap, but that made the high more intense. Helped me stretch the pure stuff that much further, for that much more money. It wasn't the safest thing to do, but I wasn't trying the new drug out myself. I was giving it to some kid and watching him to see if his eyes bled or he puked up his guts." He paused. "I think you can probably tell by this point that I wasn't a very nice person by then.

"Anyhow, one night in '85 I was at a frat party, mostly providing dope to frat boys, when I found a girl who wanted something a little stronger. I'd been working on a mix of cocaine and barbiturates, with some other stuff thrown in, so I gave her a shot. She sniffed it up, and then she sort of went...blank. Her eyes rolled back up into the back of her head, so that only the whites showed, and she just sat there, not moving.

"I kinda freaked. Asked her if she was alright, if she could hear me. She said yes, but in this distant, vague tone. Like I was bypassing her brain. Funny, but seventeen years later, and I can still hear that voice in my head as clear as a bell. I'd taken some psych courses, like I said, and some of the hypnosis demonstrations had stuck with me, so I kind of had a clue as to what I'd stumbled into. I did some standard tests, had her raise her arms, forget her name, that kind of thing...after a few minutes, I was pretty sure that she was in a deep trance.

"So I had sex with her. Nobody noticed-it was a frat party. A guy takes a girl to a room, she looks a little out of it, hey-who's not doing that? Afterwards, I tested some post-hyps... mostly that she wouldn't remember the sex, that she'd want more of the drug, that she'd tell any pretty friends she had about the stuff.

"Then I went into prostitution. Nice little side business to my drug deals-just give the girl a dose of the blow, and suddenly, I've got a nice little sex kitten for the night. In the morning, they don't remember a thing-sure, they wonder why they're sore, and maybe it nags at them, but life goes on. I get all the money they collect from turning tricks, and life goes on for me, too. Once or twice, a girl woke up in the cells wondering how she'd gotten there and why she was under arrest for solicitation, but that wasn't my problem. They all had rich parents, they could buy themselves out of it, and my name was never mentioned. They couldn't mention it. They didn't remember it.

"That lasted me a long time...probably until about '92. I used the time and the money to study hypnosis, to refine the drugs...I'd gotten good enough that I didn't need the drug at all anymore. I could just use my eyes and my voice, and women would go under for me. I'd invented variations on the drug; I was selling guaranteed aphrodisiacs to college boys who wanted their girlfriends to put out, I was selling term papers soaked in a mild euphoric that made the professors love what they were reading, I had three girls whose brains I'd burned out permanently that couldn't think past a fifth-grade level and thought my dick tasted like cherries. I thought I was brilliant. Real 'King of the World' type stuff.

"Turned out I was just a small-time hustler.

"Frank grabbed me back in '92. He didn't hypnotize me, or drug me. He just had four big guys who did everything he asked grab me, bundle me into the back of a limo, and drive me to his place. I was damn near shitting myself. I thought that I'd pissed off the Mafia, or the Columbians, or one of the other big drug cartels. As it turned out, the Mafia was small potatoes next to Them.

"They really don't like to use names. Everyone has handles, like 'Dreamreaper' or 'Sinistra', or symbols like hawk's talons or blue butterflies...but They keep clear of real names. I don't know why. It's not because they're afraid of the law, or the press. I guess it's just because they're superstitious. Frank was an exception. I am too.

"Frank grabbed me that day because he saw potential in me. He wanted to give me a job. Instead of snatching girls on a part-time basis, for temporary inductions, he was giving me the chance to get into full-time slavery. I wasn't sure...looking back on how I was back then, it kind of surprises me that I hesitated. I think it was because I was scared. I'd thought I was all alone, the big mindfucker, and suddenly I'd found out I was just a big fish in a little pond. There were people out there who'd already done what I'd done, and taken it further. And they knew who I was. Yeah, looking back, that was why I hesitated.

"He told me then how much I could get for just a single girl, with just basic reprogramming. The sum he mentioned melted away all that hesitation. I bought into his plans real quick, and the two of us went into business.

"Of course, when I got home, I started doing a little work on my own brain. It had occurred to me that a guy who was willing to mind control women for money wouldn't be averse to mind-controlling men for larger shares of the money, so I started dosing myself with my own mind-control drugs, and using pre-taped messages to 'immunize' myself to hypnotic control. Once a day, every day, for five years, I listened to that message. I still keep up with it about once a week. Saved my ass back in '99...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

"Frank introduced me to some of the rest of Them. There aren't as many as you'd think...maybe fifty, sixty in the United States, and a further hundred or so scattered around the world. There's a big concentration of Them in East Asia...something to do with the tradition of alchemy, I think. I don't know, I didn't meet all of Them. A lot of Them only meet through emissaries, slaves...you'll have a deal going on where nobody ever meets face to face, but the messengers are so deeply programmed that it's like the real people were there. I know; I helped program them.

"That went on for another five years or so. I made more money than you could imagine, and more than money. I still know some of their triggers, ones so widely implanted that they can't just change them. To this day, if I felt like it, I could make Peter Jennings strip naked in the middle of 'World News Tonight', and if people changed the channel, they'd find Dan Rather starkers instead. They can't touch me...but I can't touch them either. Stalemate.

"It was kinda dumb, what changed it all. I mean, I wasn't a person with standards back then. No morals, no ethics, no real decency of any sort. If you'd have asked me if there was anything I wouldn't do, I would have said no. I would have believed it, too.

"But there was this girl. She was 19, working as a waitress in Queens to put herself through college. Her parents had died in a car crash when she was seventeen, and she hadn't managed the money all that well. Her extended family thought she was too wild, a real party girl. They thought that she was going to get herself murdered within a month, and as far as they were concerned, it would have served her right.

"We'd tagged to her through her computer, same as you. She was young, she was pretty, and she was reading stories about getting her mind blanked over every night. Her waitressing job turned over its staff completely every six months; nobody there was going to give it a second thought if she vanished. We picked a night when she was closing, and waited for her to walk home.

"I made the pick-up...Frank was back at the lab. The client who wanted her also wanted her breasts surgically enhanced, and Frank was doing the operation. So I got the girl.

"I dressed as a cop to make the pick-up. It's a good disguise. It's a figure that inspires trust, but one that also conveys an air of authority. People listen to cops. They do what they're told. This girl was no exception.

"I walked up to her, told her that it was a bad night to be out alone, and that I'd walk her home. She looked a little nervous, but she agreed. Probably because I'd arranged for a few shady characters to be hanging around on the next couple of blocks. Psychological trick, to make her identify with me more.

"After a few minutes, I started swinging my nightstick. A lot of hypnosis relies on giving a physical focus for the attention, and spinning objects work great. You have to follow them with your eyes. It takes effort. She was no exception.

"Once I could see that she was watching the nightstick, I started talking about how long a walk it was, and how surprised I was that she didn't get tired out. I played on that theme for a while, suggesting how exhausted she was...she finally asked if we could sit down and rest, and of course, I agreed. Once she'd sat down, she was done for. Five minutes was all it took.

"I brought her back to the lab, and started to check her out while I got her ready for surgery. We wanted to make sure she was disease-free, mostly, but there were a few other things to look for...scars that would only be seen when she was naked, blemishes, that sort of thing. Stuff that would lower the price. I didn't expect to find out that she was three months pregnant.

"I told Frank. I figured that was it. We'd have to find a different girl, and hope the client would be satisfied. Frank just said he'd take care of it. I left, secure in the knowledge of a job well done.

"When I got back, I found out that Frank had given the girl an abortion before the boob job, and that she was on her way to LA to do pornography.

"That was when I found out what my limit was, Maggie. When I found out that underneath all the shit that had piled up on my soul over fifteen years, I still had something decent in there. That was when I decided I just couldn't do it anymore. I walked out on Frank, and started using what I knew to keep girls like you away from guys like him. I can't deny that I did some pretty lousy things in my time, and I don't think I'll ever atone for them. But I'm not trying to atone for them. I'm just trying to make sure that it doesn't happen to you."

There was a long silence. He looked over at Maggie, but she had her head turned to face the window. "Maggie?" he asked. "I'll understand if you hate me. I deserve it. But you still need to trust me. I can't save you if you won't let me. You've seen how little resistance you have to hypnosis, first-hand. If you run now, without me, then it's just a question of time before you wind up like all those other girls. I was responsible for them...so that makes me responsible for you."

Maggie didn't look out the window for a long time. "I don't hate you," she said at last. "It sounds like you want me to, like it'll make things better. But you were a different person, then." She turned to look at him again. "You're trying to be someone better now. You're trying to save my life. My soul. I still trust you." She smiled faintly. "Even if you don't want me to."

Burke nodded. "Then let's get on with saving your soul."

TO BE CONTINUED...

JukeboxEMCSA
JukeboxEMCSA
3,751 Followers