A Russian Rose Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Within seconds Roland was latched on and smiling I watched him watch me as he drank my milk with a fervor that matched that of his father. Roland glanced over to Caleb as Caleb continued to read and together we both listened.

I didn't know what was going on in the world outside, but inside this house we were a family.

Turning my head, I whispered into Caleb's ear, "I love you."

His reaction to my words was to put his strong arm around me and pull me into his side and together we all sat there enjoying a day to the fullest. A day wherein I had almost lost everything and would have if it hadn't been for the Grace of God.

It was really something to know how much my God loved me and in my darkest moments - the moments of extreme trial - He was there.

As hellish as my life had been in order to reach this sublime moment it had all been worth it in order for it to play out as it was right now. Tomorrow I would go on armed with the spiritual confidence I had gained this day and with each new day and the trials I faced in them, I would meet them with God's assurance that He would help me overcome and get beyond the moment of hardship to the times like these that truly were the essence of what living life to the fullest was all about.

12