A Somali/Yemeni Wedding

Story Info
Somali stud marries Yemeni woman in Calgary.
3.3k words
6.5k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,118 Followers

It was just another Saturday night at the University of Calgary, on the surface. The fact that it was the weekend meant little, for the bustling urban campus was always full of people. The local Tim Horton's and Starbucks stayed open late, and with good reason. Tonight, there were quite a few strangers on campus. Men and women of all hues who had come from all walks of life, all over the City of Calgary, to hear a certain young Muslim woman's impassioned speech about racism in the Muslim world.

"Yemen and Somalia are right next to each other, but they're completely different worlds, we must not let race, culture and nationality divide us, the Prophet wanted us to be united as one Ummah, that's why I encourage you to speak out against racism in the Muslim world," Nabila Muflehi said, and the young Yemeni-Canadian Muslim woman paused and looked at the crowd of onlookers gathered in the vast auditorium known as the Mac Ewan Conference Center.

Clad in an elegantly patterned dark green and ebony traditional Sana'ani dress, with a modest emerald Hijab, Nabila looked both modern and traditional. A first-year MBA candidate at the Haskayne School of Business, as well as the first female president of the Muslim Scholars Association at the University of Calgary, Nabila was used to breaking barriers, and tonight, she was breaking yet another one. The final taboo, interracial and intercultural relations in the Muslim world...

Standing before the podium and speaking from the heart, rather than using a teleprompter, Nabila was unfazed by the hundred or so men and women gazing at her. Soft-spoken though she may be, the young Yemeni woman had a commanding presence, and everyone in attendance damn well knew it. Patiently she'd waited for her turn to speak, and then, when her time came, Nabila absolutely wowed her audience. Upon finishing, she awaited their inevitable questions...

"What can we do to help?" came a voice, and Nabila smiled as she recognized the person speaking as none other than Imam Abdullah Al-Kaabi, one of her favorite preachers. The old Kuwaiti had been many things in his nearly seven decades of life. Preacher, businessman, father to a grown son named Ali currently studying in Toronto, and one of the leading Muslim public figures in the City of Calgary, Alberta. To see him at this gathering meant a lot to Nabila, especially given what was at stake...

"Continue to speak out against racism, and remind our fellow Muslims and others that the Creator made the African, the Arab, the Caucasian, the Aboriginal and all other human beings equal," Nabila said, her voice rising, and Imam Abdullah smiled and nodded. Seated next to the Imam was a certain tall, dark-skinned and well-dressed young man. Nabila's heart skipped a beat when her eyes met those of Mohamed Hawar, the Somali stud with the perennial cocky grin.

"Salaam," Mohamed said quietly, and he winked at Nabila, while Imam Abdullah looked on, smiling faintly. Grinning, and filled with renewed fervor, Nabila continued her speech. As she concluded her spiel, the young woman wondered if any of the hundred or so men and women in attendance truly cared about what she had to say. The City of Calgary, Alberta, had always had a complicated history with communities of color, and the hotly contented yet successful re-election campaign, of Mayor Nenshi had proven that.

"As Salaam Alaikum, my sister, I couldn't be prouder of you," Imam Abdullah said, joyfully greeting the lovely and outspoken Nabila as she returned to her seat at the front row. The young woman hugged her mentor, and then looked at her fiancé. Mohamed Hawar looked at Nabila, and he sighed happily, as though relieved to see her, even though they'd only spent a few hours apart.

"Habibti," Mohamed said, his brown eyes aglow, and the brother then took Nabila's hands and gently brought them to his lips. Overjoyed, Nabila squealed excitedly, all thought of decorum vacating her mind, and then she kissed her fiancé passionately. As the happy couple embraced, Nabila heard thunderous applause all around them, and she couldn't tell whether it was due to her speech, or her amorous gesture toward her beloved Mohamed.

"I can't wait to perform your Hafl Zawaj ( wedding)," Imam Abdullah said, smiling at Mohamed and Nabila, who returned his smile. The old man sighed, as he thought of all these two had been through lately. He'd known Mohamed Hawar and Nabila Muflehi for a very long time. They'd been coming to the Baitun Nur Masjid since 2008, and had made the largest mosque in all of Canada their home. How time flies, the old man thought.

Mohamed Hawar, the Calgary-born son of Somali Muslim immigrants, and Nabila Muflehi, who'd been born in the City of Al Hudaydah, Yemen, and raised in Alberta, had known each other a long time. They'd been best friends, and Imam Abdullah had been one of their teachers at the Calgary Islamic Academy, always thought they were a special pair with a unique destiny. It's almost as if I had the gift of prophecy, Imam Abdullah thought, recalling how he once teased Mohamed and Nabila that they'd get hitched someday.

The old man instantly chastised himself for daring to compare himself, even in his mind, to the holy messengers. Imam Abdullah recalled how Nabila and Mohamed came to him, a few months back, when they told him they wanted to get married. Mohamed had actually sought the Imam's advice prior to proposing to Nabila, and Imam Abdullah had done his best to counsel him.

"Imam, I have loved Nabila since we first met, and I want her to be my wife, but I don't think her family will accept me," Mohamed said, as he and Imam Abdullah spoke, in the old man's office inside the Masjid. The old man looked at the brother, who seemed wracked with worry. Imam Abdullah knew that Mohamed graduated from the University of Calgary with his bachelor's degree in Accounting a year ago and recently started working for First Calgary Financial. The brother's doing big things with his life, Imam Abdullah thought admiringly.

"Mohamed, my young friend, you are like a son to me, so believe me when I say that I hope Nabila accepts your proposal, regardless of what her family says, you are both good Muslims, and our holy book holds no objections to interracial marriages, culture differences be damned," Imam Abdullah said firmly, and Mohamed Hawar nodded. Impulsively, the young Somali hugged his mentor, which, considering his great size and strength, caused the old man to wince.

"Shukran, thank you, Imam, I hope she says yes," Mohamed said excitedly, and Imam Abdullah barely had time to shake his hand before he took off. The old man watched him go, and smiled. I hope she accepts, he thought. Mohamed took off and headed to the Chinook Center Mall. Heading to Ann-Louise Jewellers, Mohamed walked in and after much deliberation, bought a three-carat engagement diamond ring for Nabila. It cost him seven thousand seven hundred dollars, plus tax, but his Nabila was definitely worth it.

Nabila sat at her favorite table inside Notable, a chic restaurant located on Bowness Road in Calgary. Mohamed told her he'd meet her there at six o'clock, and as usual, he was a bit late. It was six fifteen, and as befitting a wintry night in Alberta, it was already dark outside. The young woman sat in the crowded restaurant, looking at the families dining all around her. As a waitress offered her some water, Nabila beamed. For a certain big and tall, dark-skinned stud strode in, walking like he owned the place.

"Salaam, Mo, better late than never," Nabila said, rolling her eyes, and she rose and gave her boyfriend a peck on the lips. Mohamed kissed her back, and Nabila blinked. Mohamed was off that day, yet he looked like he was coming from work. Clad in a black suit over a sky-blue silk shirt, dark gray tie, black silk pants and those black timberland boots that he insisted on wearing everywhere, Nabila's favorite Somali Canadian stud looked pretty damn good.

"Sorry, babe, you know me, got to show up on Somali time," Mohamed said, and he flashed Nabila that fearless smile which she loved so much. The young woman shook her head, and then finally ordered something. Nabila ordered the rotisserie chicken Greek salad, with a side order of potatoes, gravy and a Pepsi. Mohamed ordered brown rice with avocados and teriyaki, just like Nabila knew he would.

"You're such a creature of habit," Nabila said, watching as Mohamed finished ordering, and Mohamed fell silent. He smiled at her and gently poked her nose, something she found both annoying and endearing at the same time. For a moment, Mohamed frowned, and Nabila licked her lips. Mo's got something on his mind, she thought. She'd known him for more than half her life. She could read him like a book.

"Well, here goes nothing, Nabila, my love, you're the woman of my dreams, will you marry me?" Mohamed said, and then abruptly, he rose from his chair, got down on one knee and pulled a shiny little red box out of his suit pocket. Nabila looked at him, astonished. A sharp squealed escaped her lips. She was totally not expecting that. Mohamed looked at her, grinning nervously.

"Wallahi, wow, oh my gosh, of course I'll marry you," Nabila squealed excitedly, and then she threw herself into Mohamed's arms. The young man nearly toppled over as Nabila rushed into his arms, but caught himself just in time. The happy couple kissed, and the waitress had to loudly clear her throat to get their attention when she came back with their food. Nabila and Mohamed thanked her, and then sat there, smiling at each other, all thought of food forgotten.

That night, Nabila and Mohamed went back to Mo's apartment, and definitely did not sleep peacefully. In fact, Mohamed barely reached his place before Nabila grabbed him like a fury, and had her way with him. Mohamed smiled faintly, amazed by the sensual vixen that Nabila had transformed into. Hastily she undressed, and he feasted his eyes on her curvaceous, bronze-skinned, oh-so delectable body. What a woman, he thought, simply amazed.

"You're on fire tonight, Habibti," Mohamed said, and Nabila grinned naughtily and stood before him, hands on her hips. A statuesque five foot nine inches tall in her bare feet, with long curly dark hair, and lively brown eyes, Nabila has a natural beauty and raw sensuality common to the women of the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula. The voluptuous Yemeni gal looked confidently at a certain dumbfounded Somali stud, temporarily rendered speechless by her sheer loveliness.

"You got no idea," Nabila said, smiling and then she walked up to Mohamed, and kissed him. Mohamed gently caressed her, his hands roaming all over her curvy, sexy body. Just as Nabila expected, Mohamed grasped her thick derriere with both hands and squeezed it. Mo is definitely an ass man, Nabila thought with a grin, and he boldly picked her up, and carried her over to the living room sofa.

"Oh, discovery is half the fun," Mohamed replied, and Nabila smiled as her fiancé laid her on the couch, and proceeded to pleasure her like only he could. His eager lips found hers, and then he kissed his way down to her breasts. Gently he sucked on the areolas, while massaging her breasts. When he slid his hand between her thighs and slipped his fingers into her already wet pussy, Nabila sighed happily. This was going to be fun...

"Go for it," Nabila whispered, as Mohamed knelt before her, and inhaled the scent of her pussy. The handsome brother smiled wickedly and then stuck his tongue out at her. Nabila rolled her eyes impatiently, then smiled as Mohamed began eating her pussy. His tongue found her clitoris, and wrapped itself around her sweet spot. Shuddering violently, Nabila rubbed her hard nipples as Mohamed lathered her pussy with his tongue. Sliding his middle finger inside of her, he twisted this way and that, causing her to squeal. Dammit, he had her right where he wanted her...

"Got to keep my queen happy, like a good king," Mohamed thought to himself, smiling as he ate Nabila's pussy like a hungry man. The brother took his sweet time as he went about it, and Nabila closed her eyes, relaxed and enjoyed. Nothing a woman loves more than knowing she's in good hands. After giving Nabila's pussy a tongue bath, Mohamed put her on all fours, ready to tackle that ginormous ass of hers.

"Hmm, you love this ass, Mo, so kiss it," Nabila teased, and she shook her big bronze ass in front of her fiancé. Mohamed's soulful brown eyes followed Nabila's ass like a heat seeker missile tracking a target. Grasping her thick ass cheeks, he squeezed them and then playfully slapped them. Nabila yelped when Mohamed playfully bit her ass, and then spread her cheeks wide open. Without further ado, he began eating her ass like it was nobody's business..

"Now that's what I call a booty," Mohamed said enthusiastically, watching as Nabila shook her big ass in front of him, before grinding it against his handsome face. Mohamed resumed eating Nabila's ass, and he dug into her asshole, his eager tongue exploring her forbidden depths. Nabila's excited squeals and happy moans filled the air. She loved getting her ass ate, and Mohammed was totally down with that.

"Oh fuck, yeah," Nabila squealed, and Mohamed ate her ass like there was no tomorrow, fingering his fiancée's wet, hairy pussy while tickling her asshole with his tongue. Arching her back, Nabila moaned softly, and that's when the floodgates opened. The young woman shrieked as she came, gushing hot girly cum all over her fiancé's mouth and face. Mohamed welcomed the torrent of hot feminine goodness that came oozing out of Nabila, and tasted her essence. Yum, he thought with a smile.

"Obey your thirst, sexy lady," Mohamed said, a little while later, as Nabila grabbed his manhood and stroked it. She shot him a look, displeased by his corny words. Mohamed smiled apologetically, and Nabila took him into her mouth. Mohamed looked at his lovely fiancée as her head bobbed up and down while sucking his dick. Nabila always amazed him as how easily she switched from prim and proper, pious and modest, Hijab-wearing Muslim gal to wanton and freaky sex kitten.

"Hmm, I need you inside of me," Nabila said in a sexy, husky voice after she finished polishing Mohamed's dick. The young man watched as his sexy fiancée straddled him, her breasts swaying this way and that as she impaled herself on his hard dick. Locking eyes with Mohamed, Nabila glared at him challengingly. Mohamed grinned, and his hands went to her waist. Bucking his hips, he thrust into her. Nabila rested her hands on Mo's shoulders, and began riding his dick like a rodeo queen bravely defending her title.

"To many more days and nights like this one," Mohamed said to his darling Nabila, a few passionate hours later. They'd fucked over practically every square inch of his two-bedroom apartment, and then some. He'd taken her on all fours in the bedroom, and she rode him in the kitchen, and they ended up fucking sideways in the living room. Mohamed lost track of how many times he came, or how loud Nabila got. Dammit, the neighbors must be pissed, he thought with a wicked smile.

"Amen, my love," Nabila whispered, resting her lovely head against Mohamed's hairy chest. She listened to her fiancé rhythmic heartbeat, feeling quite pleased after their raw, passionate lovemaking. She'd always known that Mohamed Hawar, the Somali brother with the soulful eyes and cocky grin was the only one for her. Of course, Nabila's traditional-minded parents wanted her to be with a nice Arab man, but she had other plans for her life.

Difficult times awaited Mohamed Hawar and his bride-to-be Nabila Muflehi. It is common knowledge that while the Somalis and Yemenis are neighboring peoples, they are still very different nations with a complex, at times tumultuous history. It is common to see African women with Arab boyfriends or Arab husbands, but the reverse is rather rare. Even among Muslim communities living in America, Canada and Europe, Arab women who date or marry African men often receive loathsome glances, and harsh words, or more, from the men of their communities. Sad but true...

Mohamed Hawar's decision to marry Nabila Muflehi was met with mixed views by his parents, Ali and Choukri Hawar. The old Somali couple knew their only son loved Nabila, but they also knew that unfortunate things tend to happen to African men who get involved with Arab women, thanks to the forces of racism and intolerance. The Hawar family feared for their son and his bride-to-be, and with good reason.

Nabila's parents, Yusuf and Sumaya Muflehi categorically rejected her decision to marry Mohamed Hawar, and threatened her with death for getting engaged without their permission. Fearing for her life, Nabila went to stay with her fiancé. Just to be on the safe side, Mohamed and Nabila moved into a new apartment, one which was unknown to her parents, and obtained a permanent restraining order from the Calgary Police Service, thus preventing her irate parents from coming near her or her fiancé. The CPS, all too familiar with honor killings in certain minority communities, was all too happy to grant the restraining order...

"I am so sorry my parents are so racist," a teary-eyed Nabila said to her fiancé Mohamed as they stood inside their new place, a three-bedroom apartment located in the pricy Inglewood area of Calgary, Alberta. The young Somali stud looked at his beloved lady and gently stroked her chin. Protectively he wrapped his arms around her, vowing to protect her against the entire world if necessary.

"Nabila, you're the only woman I've ever wanted to be with, anyone who threatens your life will have to go through me," Mohamed said firmly. Nabila smiled faintly, and nodded. After Nabila's irate father Yusuf Muflehi threatened to kill both Nabila and Mohamed for sullying his family honor with their union, Mohamed asked his employer, Mr. Quinn Sullivan of First Calgary Financial, for advice. It turned out to be a really good idea...

"Young man, you came to the right place, I can definitely help you with those crazies," Mr. Sullivan said with a smile, eager to help his Somali protégé with his odd predicament. Mohamed nodded thankfully at his employer, and took a few calming breaths. The old man was instrumental in helping Mohamed and Nabila get a restraining order thanks to his connections. Mohamed also registered at the Calgary Gun Licence School, and obtained a hunting rifle. He didn't intend to use it for anything other than protecting his future bride and himself from anyone crazy enough to come after them...

"May the Most High bless your union," Imam Abdullah Al-Kaabi said, smiling at Mohamed Hawar and Nabila Muflehi. The three of them stood at the forefront of the hall, inside the Masjid. In attendance for the rather unique wedding were quite a few people, including Mohamed's parents, plus former classmates and friends of Mohamed and Nabila from the University of Calgary, plus Mohamed's employer and friend Mr. Sullivan, and a few plainclothes, armed security personnel hired just for the occasion. Smiling happily at one another, Mohamed Hawar and Nabila Muflehi-Hawar shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

A long, passionate and complex but ultimately worthwhile union awaited Mohamed and his new bride Nabila Hawar as they began their new existence as husband and wife. The happy couple exited the Masjid to thunderous applauses and well-wishing from friends and supporters. They headed straight for the airport, to begin their journey to their honeymoon in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Racial, cultural, religious and cultural differences be damned, Mohamed and Nabila Hawar are a young Muslim couple married in a holy Masjid before the Most High, and what the Creator has unified, let no one separate...

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,118 Followers
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Battle-Hardened, War Weary Ch. 02 A little bit of an origin.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Talons of a Dark Heart Ch. 01 A princess wakes to a nightmare and a penetrating soul.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Dear Doctor Dan Her last hope was to write Dr. Dan. Couples Consular.in Letters & Transcripts
Marriage with Miranda White Aussie wants to have a baby by her black lover.in Interracial Love
Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 01 Lynn and Leif, an unlikely duo and explosive love affair.in Interracial Love
More Stories