A Tale Of Many Mistakes Ch. 03

Story Info
And then, sadness.
5.2k words
4.52
165.8k
46

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 10/28/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A special thanks to grogers7 for his patient editing of the story

Well provisioned with whiskey, I took a good mouthful right from the bottle. The sound of her voice was scorching my soul. Rage at her for what she had spoiled came rushing over me. It had been so good, from my point of view, that I was still trying to understand.

Where did we go wrong? I am well aware that the destruction of a marriage is rarely one-sided, but I was really unable to understand what caused our marriage to come crashing down so unexpectedly.

I couldn't fathom Eileen's reason for her betrayal of my trust. Where did I go wrong?

Was I a bad lover? I thought that our sex life was good, that I always paid extra attention to Eileen's needs and desires. We were quite open about it, and I couldn't recall any recriminations concerning our lovemaking. I didn't notice any change in her lovemaking, or in our lovemaking. As much as I wanted to find flaws in our sex life to explain her behavior, nothing came to mind. Maybe I wasn't as aware as I first thought. What was my failing?

Was my love for her not enough? I always went the extra mile to make sure that my unconditional love for her was obvious. And I sure didn't notice any signs that she stopped loving me or even that she loved me less. Blinded by my love for her, I surmised that I didn't see the signs. And I was still unable to see them. Pitiful excuse for a husband, I tell you!

I tried in vain to tease out the factors or events that led my wife to lie to me for almost two years. I came up empty-handed. A total blank!

If I had been as good a husband as I believed myself to be, I would know the answers . I thought that I was a good listener, but I was wrong. She must have said something that went in one ear and out the other without registering on my brain.

I though I was a good judge of character, but now I believed my love for Eileen blinded me to what was really happening.

I had no answers, and I was bound to stay like that. I will not ask her why she lied to me. I do not care. I would rather have all these unresolved issues than go through the process of talking with her. Anyway, I wouldn't be able to trust anything she might say. Two years of lies did that to our relationship. Where could I even find the will to trust her? We were definitely done as a couple, and too bad if unanswered questions lingered in my mind. For the first time I understood the saying 'Life's a bitch!'

All that I had left were my children and my memories, as tainted as the latter now were.

***

After a torrid first meeting, we phoned each other a couple of times over the next two months, but we never got to meet again due to the end of the semester and a shit-load of assignments and exams.

In January, I was back at work and Eileen was still at school. Although we phoned each other more frequently, we met only four times the next four months. Each time was a repeat of the desperate fucking of our first date. For those who are wondering, Eileen was true to her word, and her ass wasn't off-limits anymore.

With summer came many occasions to get together. She had a summer job that gave her more free time. By then, we were almost constantly together outside of work.

At the end of August, we were able to squeeze in a week of vacation. We decided to go backpacking in the wild for five days. We went to a national park that had many miles of wilderness trails that would allow us to explore and to experiment in seclusion. It was a revealing experience: For five days we were alone, meeting only a few other trekkers, and we had plenty of time to really discover each other. We found that our shared feelings, common opinions, and world outlooks were compatible. Our lovemaking also changed as we learned more about each other.

Back in town, we ended up at the flat that she shared with two other roommates. Nobody was home so we decided to take a shower together. While the water flowed over us, we met body to body. One long kiss led to many caresses. We began to soap each other. Our hands were exploring each other's bodies anew. She took the soap and started to rub it all over my chest, my belly and my already hard cock. I returned the favor, soaping up her front, my fingers spending a lot of time on her breasts then moving down to rub soap in the folds of her pussy. Her little moans showed me her contentment when I started rubbing her clit and inserting two fingers in her pussy hole.

I turned her around and began to rub soap on her back and buttocks; once in a while my hands ventured around front to massage her full breasts. One thing I like to do in a shower is a bit of anal play while we have plenty of water to clean up afterward and plenty of soap to make everything slide easily. I started to apply soap on my hard cock and in the crack of her bum.

"Bent over a bit, sweetie!" I said, and Eileen complied readily.

I then perceived a shadow at the door of the bathroom. While caressing Eileen's crack and soaping it thoroughly, I looked through the mist on the glass door of the shower. Some one was standing in the doorway of the bathroom. I swiped clean a part of the panel and was able to see a female in the bathroom, probably a roommate that was back home. The panel wasn't totally transparent so I couldn't quite recognize the person. I waived and she waived back.

So we had an audience...

I turned back to the job at hand (and at cock for that matter). I took my cock and began to rub it up and down on Eileen's pussy folds, inserting it less than an inch in her pussy when aligned. Each time, Eileen groaned her appreciation. I did this a few times as I looked at her roommate who was standing by the vanity, a hand at her crotch. I decided to add a little sound effect to the scene.

"How do you like it girl?"

"It feels good!" Eileen replied.

I knew she could be rather vocal and explicit in her sexual requests, so I didn't have to work too hard to have her talk dirty. My cock was now back at the entrance of her pussy.

"What would you like now?" I asked.

"Fuck me! Fuck my pussy!" On that, I rammed my cock all the way in.

"Oh my God!" she cried.

I started a slow in and out movement, a tease with just a little penetration.

"Is that the way you want it?" I asked.

"Harder, fuck me harder!" she pleaded.

I took my cock out and rammed it in real hard, making Eileen gasped. While I was banging her hard, I inserted one, then two and three fingers in her anus.

"Oh God! Oh God... oh..." she moaned.

While supporting herself on the back wall of the shower with her left hand, she started rubbing her clit with her right hand. I was pumping my cock in her pussy and my fingers in her ass.

"Oh!... Oh yes!... Oh God!..." she was half crying, half shrieking.

"You know where I want my cock now, honey?" I asked, while I stopped pumping her pussy but continued to finger fuck her ass.

"Yes, do it, put it in my ass", she replied.

Removing my fingers, I placed my cock at the enlarged entrance of her anus and started to push my way in. Gee it was tight! One fraction of an inch at a time, I pushed until I was all the way in.

"Oh God! Oh shit! Yeah fuck my ass, lover. Fuck it hard now that you're in"

I started to pump real hard. Her shrieks were getting louder. I glanced at her roommate and saw her rubbing her crotch real fast. Finally, when I was about to come, Eileen beat me to it.

"Aaargh!... Shit..." Using her two hands for support on the wall, her body was convulsing and her tight anus was clenching my cock even harder.

"I am about to come too honey. Where do you want my cum?" I asked.

"Up my ass! Shoot your load up my ass", she answered and then started to push her ass to meet my thrusts. It was enough, and I started to unload gallons of cum up her ass. My back was arching, my whole body was entranced by my orgasm, I made each final thrust standing on my tiptoes with my hands pulling on her hips.

Eileen finally straightened up, my cock still buried in her ass. She contorted herself and gave me a kiss.

"Still there in my shit?"

I hugged her from behind and continued a slow thrusting movement with my cock that didn't want to deflate.

"I wish I could stay in you forever, but..." and I pulled out. Her roommate had left the washroom.

We finished washing with a lot of kisses in between soaping and rinsing. We finally stepped out of the shower and began to dry each other. We left our dirty clothes on the floor and went naked out of the bathroom and toward her bedroom.

Her roommate was sitting in the living room. Eileen had a little start and stopped walking.

"Oh! Hi Pam! Been back long?" asked Eileen.

"Long enough to know that the steam in the bathroom wasn't all from the shower head", she said with a big smile. "And you never told me that your fuck friend was so good looking. No wonder you took him away from civilization for a week, with no other women around to jump on him. If I had known, I would had jumped in the shower with you guys."

"That might have been interesting", said Eileen, and pointing at me "I don't think he would have complained. But I might have, because his new status is that of boyfriend, so..."

With that, she grabbed my hand and pulled me toward her bedroom. There I had to tease her. "Do you always parade your boyfriend naked in front of your roommates? That's interesting. When is your other roommate due home? It might be better not to get dressed..."

She smacked my shoulder with a weak backhand "Don't..." then she took me in an embrace and gave me a long intense kiss.

She looked at me hesitating: "You don't mind the boyfriend thing? We didn't really talk about it..."

It was my turn to take her in my embrace and kiss her deeply. No words were needed.

Eight months later we were married, a bit to the chagrin of her dad who didn't exactly like having an Irish lad as part of the family.

***

The next morning was a Saturday. I had another hangover and was at loss as to what to do with myself. Normally, Saturdays are family days, with a lot of chores and shopping. I was alone in a motel room with nothing to do but ruminate on my life.

The same questions kept coming up over and over. Where did I go wrong? Probably, as a result of my hangover, I felt even more depressed as this unanswered question kept popping up again and again in my head.

Then it dawned on me. The problem was that I was old, and there was nothing I could do about it. Her lover was in his 30's. I was at least 15 years older. How could I compete with a young stud? Nothing in my behavior nor in my mindset could change that simple fact. I was being ditched for a younger model. Instead of calling it quits before going for the young object of her passion, Eileen had simply taken the easy road of betrayal and prepared her new nest with strings of lies.

One of my friends went down the same road a few years back, but at least he had the decency to divorce his wife when he realized that he was in love with a younger woman. The end result was just as bad for the rejected wife, but it was a bit more honest.

In normal circumstances, I am a light drinker. A glass of wine here and there, a bottle of whiskey that lasts for half a year, a few beers with the guys once in a great while. That morning, I went and bought my third bottle of whiskey in three days. And for good measure, I also bought a few beers.

Face it! Never in my life I had been so down, so depressed, so lost. And I didn't know how to cope. Was "getting smashed till you forget" a good recipe? I still don't know, but that was the plan for today and the near future.

I was getting a bit drunk when I realized that I should phone Mark and Mary before I started to slur.

The phone call with Mark didn't go too well.

First mistake, I phoned before 10:00AM and, to say the least, Mark is not an early riser on the weekends and is always a bit edgy when his sleep is interrupted. He had talked with both Mary and Eileen many times over the last two days. He kept asking me to talk to Eileen, to think things over and not rush into any decision. He kept repeating that she loves me. The present tense didn't escape me.

Rather than restrain me, his admonitions pushed back my sadness and stoked the fires of my ever present anger.

I made it clear that I didn't intend to speak to his mom again. I had him on my side when explaining the pain and the sadness of his mom's lies and betrayal, then – alcohol talking – I lost him when I kept referring to her as the slut.

"Next time I need to speak to a whore," I said, "I'll chip in a couple of hundred bucks, and she will shut the fuck up if I ask her to".

He hung up on me.

I took a few minutes to clam down and then I phoned Mary.

"Hi, Dad!" And then hesitating, "How are you?"

"As good as could be, sweetie! But I miss you so much."

"Me too Dad, I miss you. When are you coming back home?"

Gee her kids can be so dense sometime!

"I will never put my feet in the same house as your Mom." I sounded a bit edgy here.

"Pretty soon I will have my own place and you will be able to visit me." I said more cheerfully.

She started to cry.

"No daddy, I don't want to visit you in another house. I want you here with Mom and me. Don't do this to me, please Dad, talk to Mom, make it work... for me."

"It doesn't work like that, sweetie. Your Mom made a decision that will affect us all." I started to say.

"She betrayed us, and nothing will ever change that." My tone was getting more vehement.

"I despise her, I hate her and I will never talk to that woman again. That's final! So stop asking me to come back. Oh by the way, will you want to live with me or with her? We will have to decide that for the divorce."

I felt that I might have been a bit blunt, but it felt good anyway. I like when we all know where we stand. Mary started crying. Well, maybe too blunt! Her sobbing got to me.

"Well, you don't have to answer right away, sweetie... sweetie, still there?"

The loathed voice suddenly made itself heard.

"Kieran, please vent your anger on me, not on Mary..."

Then I broke my vow of silence, but hey I am not the first to break a vow in the family if I remember well.

"Fuck you bitch!" I knew it was a lame retort, but it felt so good. I hung up.

Later that day, I phoned my lawyer's paralegal to give her the layout of our mutual assets, just like that, without looking at any papers or statements. It made me realized how close we were to our dream to retire and start enjoying a life of freedom. By the time I was done, I was totally depressed.

Fortunately, I was transferred to Vicky, my lawyer, and she put the salve of payback on my wounds. After a few minutes of discussion, it was decided that we would also sue Eileen's lover for alienation of affection. Vengeance is good! With a little luck, he would be married, and we could mess him up further.

The divorce papers were ready by Monday. All week long, Mary was simply a parrot of my soon-to-be-ex-wife. She tried very hard to let me know that Eileen was devastated, that she loved me. Mary got desperate the day the divorce papers were hand-delivered. Eileen kept crying over her spilt milk all week long and made Mary's life miserable.

To learn that Eileen was depressed, sad and wretched, that she missed work and was also drinking a lot made my day more than once that week.

After one week of a drinking binge, I was as depressed as I started, but it was time to face reality. I had found a furnished flat not far from my work, and it was to be available soon. I went back to work.

Led by Tammy, the whole crew had to stop by my office to express their concerns about my new predicament. I had received my share of invitations to visit and go out with my co-workers in the past, but never as many as now. I was a bit pissed off at Tammy for letting the whole office know about my divorce, but all the good wishes made me feel way better.

Over the next month, Mary didn't stop asking me to come back to Eileen. She even threatened to not see me till I talk to her mom. I called her bluff, skipped a couple of Sunday visits, and then she relented. Whew!

She wasn't the only one to insist. Through our lawyers, Eileen insisted on having a talk with me before she signed any divorce papers. Even my lawyer insisted on a meeting. I refused. One day, Vicky finally gave me an ultimatum.

"All she wants is to talk to you! She will agree to shared custody of your daughter and an equal split of the value of your house and assets. She will even testify to confirm her affair with the physician in our lawsuit against him for alienation of affection. All she wants is to talk to you."

Vicky put so much pressure on me that I finally agreed to a meeting -- with the lawyers present. On my terms!

***

Eileen

It is hard to describe how I felt about that meeting. I had just spent the worst two months of my life and I finally had a chance to talk to Kieran, to try to explain my stupid behavior, a chance to see him after two long months. We had never been apart for more than 2 or 3 days. A whole part of myself was missing, dearly missing.

I didn't sleep at all the previous night. All my speeches, all the questions I wanted to answer were swirling in my mind all night long. To tell the truth, I was a wreck.

I felt so guilty. I had done it to us. My selfishness over the last few years came crashing around me, destroying something I mistakenly believed would last forever regardless of my behavior.

I felt guilty for lying to Kieran. And the worst is that I would probably have continued to lie to him. Not that I intended to continue meeting Xavier. In fact, Kieran surprised us after I had broken with him. We were meeting a last time, a last fuck for old time sake. But I doubt that I would have revealed my affair. Maybe later, much later! Probably on my deathbed! But I know I would have continued to keep that secret for a long time.

How to explain that lie, my betrayal? When the young doctor Xavier Guttierez first began working at the hospital, we were all taken by his exotic looks. A tall handsome Catalan who immigrated from Spain a few years back. While not immune to his good looks, I wasn't particularly attracted to him. He was a bit conceited and was always trying to charm every female he met. Many of my co-workers fell to his charms. And I know it for a fact because he constantly bragged about it.

Of course I found it flattering that such a handsome young man showed interest in me. I found it less appealing that he was doing so even in front of his wife. Despite my many rebuttals, he still kept coming at me. I started by being very diplomatic when I brushed off his advances. They were never overboard, never what I would define as harassment. A compliment here, a simple smile there. I knew that he found me attractive. After months of that, and seeing that he was having success with some of my colleagues, I was annoyed by his behavior and became more abrupt.

At the same time, a few grey hairs made their appearance and, I noticed some gentle creases on the side on my eyes. I was taking a bit longer with my morning make up to hide these little signs on aging. On top of that, Kieran had changed gears in our retirement planning. It's funny (well not really) how one day you feel young and on top of the world, and the next you ask yourself how to mask the passage of time.

One morning, I bluntly rebuffed Xavier when he greeted me with a compliment on my outfit. I had heard the same line from him over and over. I told him to back off and quit bothering me.

He then said something that hit a nerve.

"I see that I am starting to get at you. Your rude rejection is a blessing. Now that I know that, let me tell you that I am here for you, and only you. No need to be jealous. None of the women I know come close to your beauty or your charms. Some are pretty, but you are beautiful. When you need Xavier, you only have to ask."

12