A Town Called Eclipse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There's your story Duskwalker. You need to talk to him about his sins."

Magnus walked away and returned to his mine. I had read in newspapers about the mithril heists. There were never any witnesses left alive so the only thing the authorities had to go on was what the thieves left behind. The few clues pointed at the local natives, but I suspected that was what the bandits wanted the law to believe. I returned to the hotel and spent the rest of the day writing. The ideas and plots came in spurts and flashes of scenes and dialogue. I sat at one of the tables and watched the slow parade of whores and goblins. I tried and failed to keep the images out of my head. The noises drifting down from the rooms above didn't help any. The shriek as a goblin climaxes isn't for the faint of heart. It is both humorous and frightening at the same moment. I never felt much compassion for females that sell their bodies. But after hearing the noises above kindled a sense of pity for them. I was looking down at my notebook when the shadow fell over me. I looked up and saw the sweaty whore glancing down at me. She was a curvy dark elf with hair dyed the color of autumn leaves. Her brilliant blues eyes locked with mine for a moment before she spoke.

"Are you next?" She asked as she poured a small quantity of mithril dust from one pouch to a larger one. "Or do you just want some company?"

"How much for an hour of talk." I replied grinning.

"Not too much my pussy is a bit sore after, well after an eventful day."

"Sit, if you can, and I'll buy you a drink or two."

The whore's name was Cerulean, but she let slip that her real name was Cassandra. I jotted down notes about her appearance and her personality. I asked her what it was like getting humped by a goblin and she laughed.

"Males are all the same," she giggled. "All trying to compensate..."

"NO, I just wondered what it was like to endure those horrible noises and worse."

"Oh... OH... you feel pity for me do you. I make a good deal on payday. They come out of the mine by the dozens. I have quite a few regulars, but I treat them all the same. They take turns and I just stick my ass in the air and let them have at it. Occasionally they like to team up in twos or threes. Those are a little harder to endure. I won't lie that getting ganged up on isn't pleasant whether its goblins, elves, or orcs. Though I've never been with two Duskwalkers before. I'll be honest, I've never been with one before. What are you like? I mean is it big and thick or long and thin. What does the head look like?"

"Why not crawl under the table and find out if you want to know so damn bad?"

I returned to fleshing out the character of the dark elf whore when I felt a tug on my belt. I chuckled as the curious whore freed my cock. She let out a soft whistle before she began stroking it. I stopped what I was doing when I felt her tongue trace the underside. Oh, damn that felt good! I sat back and enjoyed it as she got me rock hard with hand and mouth. She whistled again and told me to hold on. I gasped when her mouth engulfed the head. I shivered as her tongue swirled around it slowly. She was a gifted whore. I gripped the edge of the table as her head moved forward and back. The blue-eyed beauty was taking half my cock down her throat at a time. She never took any more or any less. I promised her a twenty-dollar gold piece if she could take the whole thing.

"Seriously," she gasped from below. "You want me to... to take that entire monster down my throat." I dug the coin out of my pocket and showed her. "What I do for money. Hold on Cat Eyes... here... I... go!"

I almost dropped the coin. She shoved her head forward and I heard her gagging as she tried. She backed off and went slower the next time. I clenched my hand around the coin as she tried repeatedly but she failed in the end. Once she realized she couldn't she did the next best thing. She worked the head like a demon and double fisted the shaft. I clenched my teeth and shook in the chair as I fired my load down her throat. Cerulean poked her head out and opened her mouth. I watched as she swallowed my load. The challenge was set but I told her I wasn't following goblins. I handed her a silver coin for her efforts and she took it.

"You could do my ass." She said her voice quavering. "No one's touched that tonight."

"Cerulean, you don't sound so confident." I said smiling.

"I 'think' I can take it." She said her eyes wide in doubt. "If you leave me in control. I don't want you breaking me in two Sir." I looked around and she giggled. "I'll earn that gold coin yet."

She returned to beneath the table. What the hell was she up to? She spat on my cock and began stroking me. Despite having just shot my load the thought of being buried in her round firm ass had me hard in short order. She licked and spat some more until I was slippery. Her hands and mouth fell away. A moment later I felt as she, on hands and knees, backed up against my erection. Was she going to try this right here? Cerulean pulled her ass cheeks apart and pressed against me. I held my cock in place and too aim for the prize. She pushed slowly, and her asshole opened to me. I looked around, but no one seemed to notice. I clenched my teeth as the head popped inside of her. She let out a sigh of relief. The dark elf pushed again until I sank to the root. I had to place my hands on the table to keep it from moving. She pressed her tits against the floor as she rocked her body.

"Damn that feels good," I hissed softly.

"I bet it does," Cerulean whimpered. "Biggest one in my ass ever..."

She clenched her ass around me as she pushed back, and then relaxed as she moved forward. I had been with many females, but she was a talented little sodomite. I lowered my head and watched as her body rocked back and forth. There was something erotic about watching. My cock swelled inside of her and she let out a gasp of surprise. She knew I was getting close and I felt the sweat form rivulets that rolled down my face and chest. I wanted to toss the table aside and take over, but I remained seated. Somehow, I managed to remain silent as I fired my seed deep into the petite elf girl. Cerulean however cried out alerting Galen to her position.

"Damn it girl," he cursed staring under the table at her. "I warned you about fucking down here. Oh sorry..." he said seeming to see me. "Nevermind."

Cerulean squeezed her ass around me without moving now. I shuddered as spikes of pleasure shook me. I couldn't move without lifting the table. I was trapped. The whore continued to squeeze me regularly and I muttered a curse as a second climax hit me without warning. I leaned heavily against the surface of the table. Only then did she retreat and using a cloth wipe me clean. She returned my flaccid cock to my pants and zipped me up. She lowered her skirt and got to her feet. I handed her the gold coin she had earned.

"I think I've earned another regular." She said beaming with pride.

"Selene is going to be mad." I muttered.

"Nah, we share guys all the time. Maybe we can do a three way some time. Thanks mister."

She passed a few coins to Galen and that seemed to lessen his ire. After only two days I was impressed with this little town's hospitality. I ordered another beer. I opened my notebook and attacked its contents with more enthusiasm this time. I altered the whore into a woman the audience might take pity upon. It was the least I could do after that heartfelt performance under the table. I finished and went to my room. I looked forward to my time here in Eclipse. There were mysteries to reveal and people to know. I wrote a telegram for my boss and would send it in the morning when the office was open. I took out the book I had purchased from a dealer in London. It was about a digging machine and written by one of my favorite authors. I opened the front cover and began reading 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'.

A Shadow Over Eclipse:

The bandits were quiet for nearly a month. The mithril shipments reached their destinations and an abundance of wealth filled the coffers of Magnus D and his family. I spent my time interviewing the people of the town and became what passed for a regular eventually. I still got stares but not as often and usually not so blatantly. I settled into a routine while my associate and friend Russell performed tasks that required stealth and subtlety. It was taking time back tracking the movements of the mayor of Eclipse before he arrived here. He had covered his tracks quite well but once Russell got the scent he was determined. I had every confidence in my friend that he would find something. The routine that I had enjoyed was broken on the first day of autumn. A young orc child raced through town hollering at the top of his lungs that the coach carrying ore had been robbed.

"They're dead... they're all dead... my father is dead!"

The street filled quickly, and the boy was comforted by the sheriff. He promised to find the cowards that had bushwhacked his pa. I had my suspicions but no real proof who was behind the thefts. If I was right it would tear the town apart. I prayed I was wrong. The boy's mother staggered out of the whorehouse and looked around bleary eyed and it didn't take a psychic to sense the hostility in the air. The boy raced over to his mother and she took him into her arms. When she learned of the death of her husband she fell back and wailed. I had seen more than my fair share of death and the wail of widows haunt the living and lays grief at the survivor's feet. I turned and returned to the hotel. The law had a lot on its plate and I didn't envy them.

"It has started again," Galen muttered, and I nodded.

"Any ideas who is behind this? Have you heard any rumors?"

"There are always rumors but the truth behind them cannot be confirmed. I'd rather not speak out of turn if you don't mind."

"I respect that Galen."

I spent the next hour looking over my notes and jotting down any ideas that sprung to mind. I noticed that I had overlooked an interview. I finished my coffee and left the hotel. The local chemist, or as they were known in the old country apothecary, had eluded me so far. His shop was near the edge of town close to the stables. The ageing dwarf was well respected and fancied himself semiretired. I walked in and saw that he had a customer. The young elf looked nervous as he collected what the chemist called his mother's sleeping draught. He paid and left in a hurry. I recognized the elf as the baker's son. What had him so flustered?

"The young," the chemist chuckled. "He asked me for a love potion. Poor thing was heartbroken when I told him things like that didn't exist."

"We were all that age at one time or another. Do you have time for an interview?"

"I do but uh..." he said stammering and I raised a hand.

"Relax, you aren't obligated to answer any questions you don't want to. These are more general than prying."

I could see the relief on his face as we sat down at a small table in the corner. I took out my notebook and moved to a clean sheet. I began with an easy question. I asked if he enjoyed being a chemist. He smiled and told me of his love of chemistry. He told me that his mother had been an herbalist and grew her own plants and mushrooms. Now that he was at ease the interview went off without a hitch. As I asked him questions I wondered what secrets he was clinging to. Something had bothered him enough to make excuses.

"All done," I said closing my notebook. "Perfectly painless."

I was so caught up with interviewing that I didn't notice the three women clinging near the doctor's door. I got up and opened the door for them. Two young ladies supported a third between them. She had been badly beaten and one eye was swollen shut. A strange cut on her cheek the only clue to the monster that had smote her face and body brutally. I scooped the girl off her feet and carried her over to the small table. The chemist hovered around me like a persistent satellite. I offered my help and he examined her wounds as the other girls tried to flee. I stopped them with a word and a gesture.

"Who did this to her?" I asked, and they refused to reply. A single glance and I could see the fear in their eyes. "Who is she?"

"Her name is Carlotta," the dark elf said.

"She just got here a few days ago. She rode in with some of the cowboys. They told me that she was on foot and they traded transportation for certain favors. She agreed and a fair bargain was struck. Lady Crimson took her on for a season and if she worked out she might be asked to stay longer."

"I think her cheek is broken," the dwarf muttered as he gently prodded her wounds. "She has a concussion too. I don't know."

"I know of a salve that might render her some aid." I offered. "May I look at your herbs?"

"Please. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share it."

I left his side and went to the back where his greenhouse was located. I gathered what I needed and prepared the salve. I worked as quickly as I dare. Once it had reached the desired consistency I carried it up front and took over. I knew how to apply it and how much. I also wanted a better look at the cut on her cheek. The bruising had worsened and made the design easier to make out. It was the impression left by a signet ring. There were few people that wore such things and I would keep an eye out for it. I finished the first application of the medicine and told the doctor I would return the next day to see how the young human girl was doing and make more salve if need be.

I left him without asking the burning question. What were you so damn frightened I would ask? I stepped out onto the street and sitting outside the whorehouse was the young orc who had lost his father earlier today. I fought the urge to go over and comfort him. I knew enough of orc culture that it would be frowned upon. Strength was earned through crisis and loss. I watched him as he fought the tears and clenched his small fists. He wiped his eyes and caught me watching. I bowed slightly acknowledging his struggle. He nodded and got to his feet. I watched him walk off and knew that while he was hurting like hell he would be okay. It filled me with hope. After the war I had a small measure of hope within me. If a young orc can find his father's body and endure then so could I.

The saloon called, and I answered. I could tell by the quality of the music that the famed scout Hawkmoon had arrived in Eclipse. I knew Hawkmoon from the growing conflict between human settlers and the native elves. Hawkmoon was a member of the Apache tribe. Unlike those of European stock the humans native to America had adopted the elven way. They were stewards of the land and didn't own it. This caused conflict when the expanding humans both free born and recently slaves attempted to take land that didn't belong to them. The real authors of this tragedy were human politicians that were handing out land grants to settlers knowing that the elven nation dwelt there already. Another war was about to erupt but this one was going to involve one race versus another. The humans bred so fast and needed land of that there was no dispute. However, the elves and in this case the Apache humans were already here.

"By the stars, is that my friend the Duskwalker?" Hawkmoon called from his spot at the piano.

"You are looking well old friend. How is your family?"

"They are good for now," he said, and we wore matching expressions. "I am sorry. My presence here has caused you pain."

"No, a young male orc found his father murdered today. That will always sour a sane person's mood." I said. "I fear another war is on the horizon."

"You speak for many." Hawkmoon replied as his fingers tapped out a lively tune.

I sat at the bar and drank as my friend played. There were plenty of memories between us. He had taught me how to track and move silently through any natural environment. I had taught him the gentleman's art of sword fighting. I had gifted him with a fine weapon when we went our separate ways. I wondered if he still practiced? I stayed quite late and drank more than my fair share. It was long past midnight before I took to my bed. I awoke to a gunshot and sat up and a moment later a second shot broke the silence. I heard the commotion begin and hurriedly dressed and raced down the stairs. The crowd was growing by the second and I barely caught the backside of the rider as he rode out of town.

"Has anyone called the doctor?" I asked as I slipped to the side of the prone sheriff. "Who shot you?"

"He called himself Grimjack. Strangest looking bloke I ever laid eyes on."

"Olive complexion and built like a human," I asked and he nodded. "Yep, that's him alright, he looks funny because he's a half breed. His mother was a dark elf and his dad was a member of the Emerald Tribe."

"His pa was an orc?" The sheriff asked as I put pressure on his wound.

"Out of the damn way," the doctor cursed.

The doctor knelt on the sheriff's other side and examined the wound. He announced that the bullet missed the heart but he was still in danger. We carried the sheriff to the doctor's surgery as carefully as we were able. His color was poor but he was still breathing. What followed became a six-hour blur but in the end the bullet was removed, the damage repaired, and if infection didn't kill him the sheriff might pull through. I washed my hands as the doctor settled into a seat exhausted.

"How do you know this Grimjack fellow?"

"We met at cross purposes during the war. He was the head of a mercenary band working for the South. They were selected to reach certain targets acting mainly as assassins or saboteurs." I said as I checked the sheriff.

"Perhaps I should have asked, how do you know so much about him?" The doctor asked rubbing his temples.

"Ah, well that is simple," I replied with a smile. "I was tasked in capturing him alive and interrogating him."

"I take it you succeeded."

"Damn right I did. I caught him and asked him nicely all the pertinent questions I felt were important. When I saw him in the flesh I knew he was different. I have met a handful of half breeds over the years. He was by far the luckiest I had seen. Most are biological nightmares taking the worst from both parents. Grimjack is handsome by any standards, he is intelligent, and he possesses nothing that passes for a conscience. He could kill without ever having to ask why if there was enough money involved. I think someone hired him to kill the sheriff to make an example of him."

"Did he escape? How did he end up here?"

"I left him in a military prison. I will have to send a telegram tomorrow."

"Did you fight for the orcs?"

"I fought for freeing humanity I suppose." I said feeling a mix of emotions. "I felt sorry for them. I have been imprisoned and I hated it."

"I think it is their incredibly short lifespans that makes them the way they are, good or bad. I think by the time they reconcile their lives they are old and facing death."

"There is truth in your words doctor." I said in agreement. "Maybe he's here for me. I guess we'll see."

"You think he shot the sheriff to get your attention."

I nodded and decided it was time to eat my evening meal and call it a day. The villain had left the town for now. Patience was required to see if the sheriff lived or perished from his wound. If Grimjack had come here for me then the sheriff's life was my responsibility if indirectly. It was a burden I was willing to take on as I had numerous others. Life wasn't always the pleasant company of a whore or concubine. Life was a blend of horror and bliss. I believed that if you wanted to live a full life you accepted those two diametrically opposed ideals and everything between them. Not everyone holds those same ideals. Many people cling to the pleasures of the world and try their best to avoid the unpleasant. But I knew that to grow one had to suffer, fail, and even be utterly broken. The wars I had fought in had taught me the gift of pain.

123456...8