A Twist of Fate

Story Info
A Valentine snowstorm changes everything.
8.8k words
4.8
62.6k
70
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I love having music playing in the background, even when I write. I find it relaxing and uplifting, which I think we could all use right about now. And the right song can definitely set the mood for a little romance. So, I thought I'd write a story featuring a few of my favorites, most of them classics.

This one is for the Valentine's Day Contest, so as always, your votes and comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers and Stay Safe

ALI

Turning my head, taking a look in the mirror at my tight little tooshie, I smiled glad now that I'd spent those hours working my buns off in spin class.

Never much for fancy undies, but considering that I was finally getting out for some fun, I decided I might as well go all out and splurge, and go a little crazy at Victoria's Secret. But even as I pulled on my silky lace trimmed thong, I had to face the fact that my sexy new get up was never going to be peeled off by some hot, young stud eager to rock my world, like it desperately needed rocking.

I felt a little like Cinderella going to the ball, but knowing there wouldn't be a Prince Charming there to meet me.

Still, as I clipped the garters on my lacy white garter belt onto my stockings, and smoothed them over my thighs, it still felt nice to dress up for a Valentine's girl's night out with my besties. That hopefully would do something to lift my mood, and get my mind off that cheating ass hat Carlos that I'd been foolish enough to waste a year and a half of my life on.

Once I'd got my girls tucked into the uber sexy matching white lace shelf bra, I was tempted to take a selfie. Because damn, I don't think I'd ever looked so... what was the word I was lookin for? Scandalous? Sexy? Maybe even hot? Well, all I knew was that I looked pretty good for a twenty-seven year old woman, in a bit of a funk, who sadly was dateless on the most romantic night of the year, and off for a night of dining and gabbing with my equally lonely unattached friends.

Of course all my friends who had someone in their lives would be making out like bunnies on a night like this, and who could blame them. If I had someone who was into me, I'd be making out, too.

Once I'd pulled myself together, I decided my money was well spent as eyed myself in the mirror, while sliding my feet into the highest, sexiest pair of heels I'd ever worn. The sales lady was right, and the fire-engine red stilettos went perfectly with my body-hugging little black dress, just short enough to make my legs look like they went on for miles.

I'd also decided to let my hair down in more ways than one, since normally I just kept it up in a messy bun. Working as a kindergarten teacher surrounded with a roomful of active little munchkins, I didn't have much choice. I had to keep my hair out of my eyes, so I could see what they were up to.

The way it was cascading down my back, I thought my light brown hair -- with a few blonde highlights I'd let my hairdresser talk me into -- looked pretty fetching, especially in my daring backless dress.

All the girls agreed to dress up a little sexy for tonight. So it should be fun to see who'd gone to the most trouble to sex themselves up.

I'd just finished putting on my lipstick, and had made my way downstairs to the lobby when I stopped in my tracks. I'd been so busy getting ready, that I hadn't bothered to look outside. And holy smokes, was it ever coming down. It looked like a full-fledged blizzard was happening out there. Everything was covered in white. Even the people on foot, trying to get home, were caked in it, which had me wondering if I should even be going out.

Then I heard my phone ring. When I pulled it out of my purse, I saw it was one of the girls, Julie, a fellow teacher. "Ali, have you looked outside yet?"

I nodded, heaving a sad little sigh as I watched the heavy flakes coming down; realizing our fun night out wasn't going to happen. "I just got down to the lobby, and I can see it's really starting to come down."

"That's why I'm calling. It's supposed to snow all night and maybe into tomorrow. So, I'm thinking we'd better cancel and try and do it another time."

Yikes! Before I could even answer, I gasped as I watched a taxi fishtailing as he struggled to steer his way into the driveway. Relieved that he'd managed to stop without hitting anything, like the lobby entryway where I was standing, I blew out a breath and said, "Yeah, I think you're right. Probably wouldn't be able to get a ride in this weather, anyway. Too bad, since we're all dressed up now with nowhere to go. But maybe it'll be a snow day tomorrow, so there won't be any school."

Julie laughed. "Let's hope."

After I'd hung up, I noticed my neighbor Callum looked like a snow man, pushing open the outer door and stomping the slush off his shoes once he stepped inside.

I held the inner door open for him and said, "Wow, Callum, you look frozen."

He chuckled as he looked down at himself covered in a layer of snow as he shook it off his head. "And I only walked around the corner. I was going out for a steak." He held up the two bags in his hands. "But then I decided I'd better pick up some groceries and eat in instead."

"Probably a good idea with how bad it's getting out there."

After I'd pushed the button to summon the elevator, I noticed the way he was looking at me, kind of surprised, and thought I'd better explain. "I was just on my way out to dinner, and my plans were cancelled because of the storm."

"That's a shame. Were you going on a date?"

I shrugged and admitted, "Just with a few girlfriends, for a Valentine's night out."

"Oh. I thought you had a boyfriend," he said, looking a little puzzled.

"No, not anymore." Thank goodness.

Then he looked kind of thoughtful, the way he was slightly nodding his head, like he was mulling something over as he kept looking at me.

I'd always thought he was a really good looking guy, with such thick, dark brown hair, and just a few distinguished looking wisps of gray at his temples. And the light, sexy GQ beard he was rocking, made him look like a total fox, especially with those piercing silvery blue eyes. He was in amazing shape too; a nice height, about six feet tall, well-built, and actually really quite attractive, the more I checked him out.

As I focused in on his handsome face, while he seemed to be eyeing me pretty closely, as though working something out in his head, I decided he had a perfect mouth, with such nicely shaped lips, that I'd bet would be really kissable, too.

He looked to be about forty, not nearly old enough to be my dad. But he had a way about him that made me smile whenever I saw him, much like my father, who also loved to tease. Always friendly and quick to say hello, Callum seemed pretty easy going. And I had feeling he wouldn't have much of a temper, unlike my ex who was wildly unpredictable and easy to rile.

Callum brought me back to where we were, when he asked, "So, what are doing for dinner, now that your plans have fallen through?"

I shrugged. "Guess I'll just make some soup, and have a sandwich." I realized I hadn't been out to shop for much lately, silly me, now that there was a storm. But at least I had a few cans of soup and tuna in the cupboard that would do me for tonight, and probably get me through tomorrow.

He flashed a smile. "I've got a better idea. Why don't we have dinner together? I just picked up two nice sirloins, a couple of baking potatoes, and some salad fixings, if that sounds okay to you."

I held up a hand. "Thanks for the offer, but I couldn't impose. You go ahead and enjoy your dinner. I'm sure you weren't planning on including me when you were out shopping."

The ding sounded when the elevator came, and we stepped inside. His eyes sparkling with a devilish glint, he grinned, leaned in and said, "But what if I'd like you to join me?"

Huh. As I smiled right back into his big blue eyes, that was something I'd never considered. We'd always talked for a minute or two when we passed each other on our way in or out of the building, but we'd never really socialized, even to go for a coffee. But I had a feeling that I'd definitely enjoy sitting down to dinner with my hunky neighbor a lot more than just having a bowl of soup on my own.

"But I don't have any wine or anything. And I feel like I should bring something," I said, feeling like I should contribute even a few beers, since he'd been nice enough to ask me to join him.

"No worries. I've got more than enough to drink. So, how do you like your steak?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed, since he'd obviously made up his mind that it was a done deal. "Medium rare. But you have to let me help, if we're going to have dinner together."

Callum nodded, as he eyed me my heels. "Okay. I'll let you open and pour the wine. And you can set the table, how's that?"

Knowing when I was beat, deciding it best not to argue, I shrugged and said, "Fine." But I still narrowed my eyes and shook my head at him like I'd do with one of my unruly kids, making him laugh. And I decided then I really liked the sound of his laugh, deep and throaty and kind of sexy, and uber masculine, just like him.

Once he'd unlocked the door and we stepped inside, as I looked around, I realized his apartment was beautiful, and he also had an incredible view. My place looked out onto the street, so I could see what it was doing outside, but it was nothing like this. Lucky for him, he had a view of the park behind our building. As I stepped over to the bank of windows to get a better look, with it still coming down hard, it looked like a winter wonderland with everything coated in a fresh, white dusting of snow.

I was so wrapped up in watching the wintery scene unfold that I hadn't even bothered to take off my coat. So when Callum came up close behind me and asked, "Can I take your coat, Ali?" I couldn't believe the tingle that ran down my spine just from the sound of his deep, baritone breathing against my ear.

As he helped me get it off, the way he sucked in a breath, I wanted to laugh, imagining he was surprised to see me dressed for a night out, in my little backless dress. Especially with my hair curling down my back, instead of me just being in pants and a top with my hair up, like I normally wore to work.

"Wow. You look good tonight," he murmured, still holding my coat, while his eyes slowly slid over me from the top of my head to the tips of my toes, sending a little shiver skittering through me.

When I turned to get a better look at him, I realized that even in just a black button down shirt, and nicely fitted pants he looked really amazing, and not just for a man of his age, but a man of any age. No getting around it, my neighbor was definitely on the hot side.

When he lifted his gaze and looked into my eyes, he sounded a little husky, as he murmured, "You should let your hair down more often Ali, it looks really good like that."

With my breath caught in my throat, all I could do was nod, surprised at how attractive he really was, especially with that drop dead sexy voice, that I'd never really picked up on until tonight. A voice that already had me wondering what he'd sound like if he ever let loose and growled, especially in the throes of passion. I had to clench my thighs together as my mind conjured up an image of my foxy neighbor wearing nothing but a smile, of course as he hovered over me -- in his bed.

Good god, what was I thinking? The guy just invited me over for a steak, not a make out session. Enough with the naughty thoughts, already. After giving my head a mental shake; I just hoped he wouldn't notice the way my cheeks were heating up.

But the way his back muscles rippled as he hung up my coat, he just looked so manly that I imagined he'd probably know his way around a woman, and would likely know every last trick there was to get me off. He looked like a man with experience and a lot more polished than the type of guys I normally dated. And I knew he wouldn't be the type to fumble around trying to figure things out, if we ever got naked together.

Now thanks to all the naughty thoughts filling my head, my panties were damp, my nipples were hard, and I couldn't stop staring at his delectable mouth.

The way he was looking at me, with a little smile tugging at his lips, I just hoped he wasn't a mind reader, or I'd be in trouble. Finally, his lips curled up in an actual smile as he said, "Guess I'd better put on some music, pour us some wine, and get our dinner going."

I let out the breath I'd been holding and nodded at his dining table. "And I'd better set the table."

As I set his stylish glass table with pristine white china, real silverware and crystal wine glasses, I was pleased to see that Callum thought it would be nice if we dined in a style befitting the occasion. Especially, knowing if I'd gone back to my place like I'd planned, I would have been in my flannel PJ's by now, moping over some sappy rom com and eating my dinner out of an old soup mug.

Busy sautéing some mushrooms in a pan on the stove, after adding a dash of wine Callum lifted his gaze and smiled as he watched me sauntering my way over to join him to the sultry sounds of Sade's Smooth Operator. I'd always loved this song, it was just so sexy. And I decided I really liked his taste in music, if this was any indication of the kind of stuff he was into. Smiling right into his eyes as I swayed to the jazzy saxophone riff and seductive sound of Sade's voice, I laughed, pointed at him and sang along, "No need to ask. He's a smooth operator, smooth operator."

He was chuckling at my antics as I slid in beside him. So, feeling a little playful, I gave him a hip bump, and asked, "Anything I can do to help?"

Returning my smile, he shook his head as he looked me over. "No, I wouldn't want you splashing anything on that dress."

Suddenly feeling a little self-conscious, I looked down at myself and bit into my lip, wondering if I was a little overdressed for a spur of the moment dinner with a friend. "Then maybe I should go home and change and put on some jeans."

He shook his head, letting his gaze slide over me even more slowly. "No way. It's not very often I get a chance to dine with a beautiful woman. So you can't deny me the pleasure of seeing you dressed like that, especially tonight, on the most romantic night of the year."

Then with a hint of mischief dancing in his eyes, he plucked a cherry tomato out of the salad he'd made, and with his gaze on mine, he lifted it to my lips and offered it to me, and of course I opened my mouth. But then I watched his eyes begin to darken as he slowly slid it back and forth over my lips, before he finally popped it inside.

Wowzers! Talk about sexual innuendo. He had my poor deprived pussy nearly screaming for some action, just thinking about what else could be sliding across my lips.

Without even thinking I dropped my gaze and noticed that things were definitely getting bigger and more impressive looking behind his fly. And when I looked back up at Callum, I could see his lips twitching, letting me know that he'd caught me checking out his goods.

My cheeks now feeling like they were on fire, I took a big gulp of wine, and pretended to be interested in how the mushrooms were doing.

As I stared into the pan, he leaned in, touched his lips to my cheek and murmured, "You're pretty cute. You know that?" Then as though nothing had happened and he hadn't just sent my pulse racing into overdrive with just that soft little brush of his lips, he went back to stirring everything around in the pan.

And I just knew this was going to be a night I'd never forget.

CALLUM

Shaking my head, I wondered what the hell was wrong with me. I had no business kissing her. Didn't matter how pretty she was, I knew I had to keep my hands to myself. Because if she even so much as smiled at me now, I'd be tempted to pull her into my arms and kiss her pretty face off.

I'd always thought she was a really good looking girl; that I also knew was too young for me to even consider asking out.

But now here she was in my apartment, looking so enticing, that I knew what I'd be doing in the shower with my right hand the moment she left to go home. As much as I wanted to, there was no way I could let myself step over the line with her, no matter how tempting she was.

Still, as I watched her swaying her tight little bootie to the song, I don't think I'd ever met anyone as playful or easy to be with, which I realized was just what I needed right now.

I also noticed she wasn't exactly acting like she wanted me to keep my distance.

Like a moment ago, when she'd danced her way over to me, smiling and singing, and gave me that teasing little hip bump, it felt like we'd known each other forever, and not just as neighbors.

Breaking into my thoughts, Ali smiled up at me. "Ooh, I like this; such an amazing sultry voice. Who is it?" she asked, when a new song came on.

"Anita Baker, one of my all-time favorites. She's had quite a few hits, like this one, Giving You the Best that I Got."

"I have to add this to my playlist. When I get home from work, there's nothing I like more than soaking in the tub and listening to music. It really helps me unwind after a long day at school."

Great. I rolled my eyes. Now all I could think of was her naked in a tub full of bubbles, getting off to the sounds of Anita's seductive voice.

Then Ali looked up at me, with a spark in her eye. And the teasing way she bit into her lip and gave me a little wiggle of her eyebrows, I could just picture her, running her hands all over that amazing body of hers. I could feel myself growing even harder, as I wondered what it would feel like if I ever got a chance to let my hands run wild over every last inch of her.

Finally, my brain kicked back in, and I cleared my throat and nodded at the fridge. "Guess I'd better get the steaks going."

As the little minx danced the salad over to the table with a playful little shimmy of her hips, I shook my head, chuckling to myself. I had imagined, before bumping into her downstairs, that I'd be spending the night alone, like I always did on Valentine's, pining over Joanie. And all I could think of now was how much I was enjoying spending time with my surprisingly delightful neighbor.

When dinner was ready and we sat down to eat, I touched my glass to hers and said, "Happy Valentine's Day, Ali."

"And Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Callum. Thank you again for asking me. Everything looks delicious." She looked right into my eyes and said, "This is nice, isn't it, just the two of us." Then she gave me the sweetest smile. "And I'm really enjoying myself tonight with you."

I couldn't agree more. As I dug into my steak, considering that I'd been lucky enough to have her join me, I made up my mind that I was going to enjoy this night with her. And for once, not think about the past... and what might have been.

Ali tipped her head at the song playing on my sound system. "Wow. This is a beautiful song, too."

I nodded as Van's mellow voice filled the air. "Yeah, Van Morrison's Moon Dance is another one I could listen to forever."

"You've got such good taste in music, Callum. And now I'm thinking I'd like to download every one of these songs."

"Just tell me which ones you'd like and I can send them to your phone."

After I'd had a sip of wine, I thought I'd share a bit of my history and explain why I always had music on in my place. "When I was growing up my father owned the biggest record store on the east coast. People would drive for miles just to browse through his stacks. I worked there summers and weekends throughout the school year and really enjoyed it. Dad always had something amazing playing on the store's sound system, so it barely felt like work. So, my tastes are kind of old school, thanks to him. Though I like almost any kind of music, and I'm enjoying some of the newer artists that are starting to make their mark, too."