A Very Unusual Couple

Story Info
How do you adapt to a job change?
25.1k words
4.66
53k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TexasFarmBoy
TexasFarmBoy
1,188 Followers

Thomas and Denise Watkins made an unusual couple. They were both well educated and in good shape for 35 and 33 respectively. They both had good professional jobs and made a good living. What set them apart from most people was that they had never dated anyone else but each other. He had been a senior in high school and she was a sophomore when they first went out. It was basically the first official date for either of them. Thomas had been a late social bloomer and Denise's parents had not let her date until she turned 16. Their first date was to a football game. Since that day in October, neither had gone out with anyone else, although they didn't actually commit to exclusivity until he was in college in a nearby town.

He had gone to college and studied business while she had finished high school. After her graduation and with their parent's permission, they married and moved to a small apartment just off campus. He graduated two years later and she graduated with a degree in Chemistry two years after that. He had started working for a large multi-national company in the purchasing department and gradually worked his way up to Manager of Custom Products Procurement. Denise had started with a smaller pharmaceutical company upon graduation and had risen to the level of Assistant Lab Manager for Veterinary Products.

They had shared their first kisses during that first football season and their first petting sessions during the following spring. They had given each other their virginity the night before Thomas started college and after that, they eagerly sought and taught each other all that they knew about sex. Neither was a prude and they had read many sex books and viewed many softer pornography together. They had tried many things with each other; some were more special while some things were left to "maybe they would try it sometime again later" status. Neither of them felt that they had lost anything by not having other partners, but they occasional teased each other about someone who attracted their eye.

Now in their 15th year of marriage, they felt secure with each other and their future so it was a little surprise when Denise brought up a subject after dinner as they drank a glass of wine and watched a less than interesting show on Monday night television.

"Tommy, you work with a number of women and most of them that I know are very attractive. Have you ever been attracted to one of them enough to consider asking them out or flirting a little heavier with one?"

Thomas pulled himself away from the television thankful for the interruption. "To be honest, there have been times when I felt a strong attraction to one or another of them; but no, I never flirted with them anymore than I do with anyone else and no, I never considered asking one of them out. Why?"

"I'm just curious, that's all. I have met most of the women who you have worked with and I can see how you would be attracted to them. Like that Pamela; she was a knock out and her breasts and ass would make a dead man come alive."

"Yes, she was a piece of eye candy for sure, but I think that was limit of her skills. She couldn't hold a conversation that lasted for more than five minutes unless it was about one or more of the current wave of movies stars. In short, I would probably fall asleep without even going to bed with someone like her."

Denise laughed. "You are horrible. She wasn't that bad, was she?"

"To me she was. A lot of the other guys in the area spent a lot of time hanging around her desk though. I think I am spoiled because I have you."

"You're sweet. But seriously, I know just about all of the girls you work with now, are you attracted to any of them in more than a normal way?"

"I think you are trying to get me in trouble."

"No, I'm not. I'm just wondering."

"Well, if you promise me that I won't get in trouble for looking, there is a new woman there who intrigues me. You don't know her I don't think because she has only been with us for a little over a month. Her name is Marcie, Marcie Craddock, and she is the Assistant Manager of the Commodity Department."

"Tell me something about her."

"I don't know a lot about her really. She moved here from Oklahoma, I think, but she is very smart and very nice looking. Dave sort of assigned me as her mentor while she gets her feet wet. She knows the work but is still learning our procedures. So I have spent a lot of time talking with her."

"No idiot, what does she look like that makes you attracted to her."

"Oh, you mean tits and ass and that stuff?"

"That's exactly what I mean and you know it. Now tell me."

"Well let's see. Marcie is about an inch or two shorter than you are, and maybe the same weight. She looks like she works out regularly, nice legs, all of the usual stuff. She is probably a large B- or small C-cup, I guess; but the most captivating thing about her is her dark hair and really pretty brown eyes. She doesn't wear much makeup but her eyes are so expressive and intelligent. That and her smile are two of the features that attract me the most, I guess."

"Sounds interesting. Maybe we should invite her over sometime so I can see who my competition is."

"You don't have any competition and you know it. Now do you want to tell me why this is the topic of discussion tonight? I know that you have a reason."

Denise smiled at him. "You know me too well. I can't have a secret from you, can I?"

"We have never had any secrets from each other. Now out with it."

"Well, there is this guy who calls on us regularly. He sells lab equipment and supplies. He is very nice and also very handsome."

"And?"

"Well, he sort of flirts with me and I guess I have flirted back at him."

"And?"

"And he sort of asked me out this Friday night when he is back in town."

"And?"

"And what? Isn't that enough?"

"No. You have had plenty of guys flirt with you over the years and seldom even mentioned it. Now this one guys is hitting on you and you have turned a two minutes announcement into a twenty minute discussion. So let me guess, you are thinking you might like to go out with him, right?"

"Well, he offered something that is very attractive. He wants to go out for Chinese food and Country Western dancing. You know how much I like those two things and how much you don't."

"That is true. So are you going to go out with him?"

"I'm not sure. It kind of depends on you."

"Me? What do I have to do with it?"

"Well you are my husband for one thing and if you said no, then I wouldn't go."

"And if I said yes?"

"I'd go on one condition."

"You want me to drive you and chaperone you, right?"

"No silly, I'd never ask you to do that." She took a deep breath and then added, "I would only go out with him if you were going out with another woman."

"And if I didn't want to go out with another woman?"

"I wouldn't go; it's that simple. We have only gone out with each other and I won't go out with someone else unless you go out too."

"But who would I go out with? I don't know anyone..."

"Yes, you do. You just told me about Marcie. If you ask her to go out with you, then I will go out with Ron."

"You're not kidding are you?"

"No. I've been thinking about it all weekend. He asked me out last Friday. I told him I would think about it. I've thought about it and I want you to go out with someone else too."

"I doubt that she will go out with me but I'll ask her tomorrow and see what she says. How is that?"

"That's a good start, and I'll bet you that she will jump at the chance to go out with you. In case you haven't noticed, you are very handsome and very charming in your own right. She'll go unless she already has plans."

"You are too optimistic."

"Maybe, but if she doesn't go then we'll pick someone else. Now lover, you have two choices; you can make love to me now or I will make love to you. Make your choice."

Thomas reached for her and she slid into his arms. Without any prompting they slid into a natural ebb and flow and ended up bringing each other to orgasm like the usually did.

The next morning, Marcie Craddock was driving to work listening to her favorite music which was Broadway and light Classical. She was contemplating all of the good things that had happened to her since she decided to take the job down here. She loved the company and the people who reported to her. She loved her apartment that overlooked a lake and garden area. She loved the restaurants and area clubs and the seemingly endless stream of Broadway musicals that passed through town. About the only things she didn't enjoy were the nights alone and the slow process of making friends to do things with. She had met a couple of girls she could hang out with occasionally but not the one who was really close and she hadn't found a guy she trusted enough to really relax with.

It was a shame that Thomas Watkins was married, she thought to herself. He was good looking and about the nicest man she had ever met. His smile alone almost made her knees weak but when he batted his eyes at her, she could feel vibrations run throughout her body. After checking, she had found that he was about as spoken for as anyone could be. He had a cute wife and they were inseparable. She measured almost every guy she met against his warm and charming personality. Almost all of them came up short. Almost every day, she had come up with some question or another as an excuse to talk to him. But today she hadn't been able to come up with anything. She thought that maybe something would come to her as the day went along.

Something did come her way at about 11:00 but it wasn't an idea; it was Thomas himself who came into her office a little nervously. Generally, she went to him but today he was here in her office. She offered him a seat next to her desk and looked at him wondering what brought him to her, not that it really mattered.

"So what's up Thomas? Your brow is furrowed which says that something is either biting your ass or someone threw you a curve ball."

He smiled and replied, "Maybe a little of both. I'm trying to resolve a problem and I thought that you might help me."

"As many times as you have helped me, I would be pleased to help you any way I can."

Thomas looked at her and smiled at her, "Uh, Marcie, er...would you..... uh... would you like to go out with me Friday night?"

Marcie heard his words and answered before the shakes that she knew were coming set in. "Yes. But....uhmm... Can we go to lunch and talk about this where we are a little more alone?"

"That might be a good idea." He seemed to be relieved that she hadn't said no and that she wanted to continue the discussion. He lost his nervousness and his smile came back. Marcie felt the shakes start in her feet.

"I'll tell you what, I need to finish this report. It will take about a half hour. I'll come and get you then and we'll go outside for lunch. I'll buy."

"I'll arm wrestle you for the check."

"I'll cheat." Her smile met his.

"I'll be waiting. I'll drive."

"We'll flip for it."

"My quarter; not yours. Rumor has it that you cheat."

"Damn, I can't out run my reputation."

He smiled at her and left her to finish her report. She didn't really need to get the report done before the end of the day but she wanted a few minutes to collect her thoughts and figure out what was going on. Twenty minutes later, she had collected her thoughts but had no clue what was going on. She went to the rest room and checked her hair and makeup. One thing she knew for sure, she wanted to make a good impression on Thomas even if he was married and if this was a one-time thing. She intended to make it memorable for both of them.

She walked into his office five minutes later with her most winning smile in place.

"Are you ready to go? My car is this way." He said with his smile in place.

"I thought we were going to flip for it."

"Oh, I already flipped. You lost."

"And I was worried about my reputation as a cheater."

"So sue me." He took her elbow and walked her out of the door at the back of the building to his car. "I was thinking about a place that I like. It is an English pub with traditional pub food. How does that sound to you?"

"That sounds like my kind of place. Does it have a fireplace?"

"Yes and a dart board and chess table."

"Lead me to it."

He drove about five miles and pulled into the back of a small, well appointed strip center. He led her through the door and she fell in love. The place was about as authentic as you could make it considering it was a long way from anything English. They each had a pint and opted for the fish and chips based on Thomas' recommendation.

As they waited for their meal, Marcie asked, "OK Thomas, I said 'yes' to going out with you Friday night; and I meant it. Now, why don't you tell me why and the rest of the story? Everyone has told me how tight you are with your wife. Be honest; I'm not going to change my mind or do anything stupid."

Thomas blushed and awkwardly tried to explain his discussion with Denise. He mostly got the facts out but still left Marcie confused.

"Let me see if I got this right. Your wife has been asked out by a guy she knows through work but won't go unless you go out with someone else, right?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Is this the first time she has ever done this?"

"Yes. Neither of us has ever gone out with anyone else since we started dating in high school."

"You mean that you have never, ever gone out on a date with any other woman before?" Marcie was shocked.

"That's right. I mean I've gone on business lunches with other women like this but never out on a date at night. You know, like a date."

"Are you sure about this? And why me? There must be dozens of women who would go out with you at the drop of a hat."

"Marcie, I feel very secure with Denise. She and I have been together forever. But this is something she really wants to do. I want to make her happy and to do this, I need to go on a date too. I picked you because,........well....I wanted to go out with you because I like you. You are beautiful and I like your personality and I like to talk to you and.....and...Crap, I'm making myself look like an idiot in front of you. Now, I'm embarrassed. I've never done this before and I guess I don't know how to do it very well."

Marcie felt herself melt a little with this beautiful man who was willing to let his wife explore something new. "Listen, Thomas. Don't be embarrassed, please. I appreciate what you are trying to do and I will still be pleased to go out with you for all of the same reasons you said you want to go out with me." She took his hand. "I just want to be sure that I am not messing up your marriage and I certainly don't want to mess you up. This whole thing is just kind of new to me. I've been asked out by married men before but they usually do it on the sly or when their wife is out of town. That and the only reason they ask me out is because they are trying to get in my pants. I think and hope that you are asking me out because you actually want to go out with me."

Thomas let out a breath and said, "Yes, I guess I didn't need to say all of that other stuff. I would like to just go out with you and have a good time. I was thinking dinner and maybe you would like to go to the theater. There is a musical at the Music Hall that I would like to see, if you would?"

"You just made my day and maybe my year. Yes, dinner and the theater would be an ideal date and I would love it. Now, I guess we better get back to work or the place might burn down without us."

Thomas took the check and handed his credit card to the waitress. Marcie interrupted, "Hey, I was going to pick up the check."

"I'm sorry Marcie, I guess I'm a little old fashioned. I feel better if I pick up the check for our times together. That's just part of me, I guess."

She smiled at him and squeezed his hand which she was still holding. "That's OK, I actually kind of like it but I don't want you to feel like you have to. Thomas, I really like you, old fashioned and all."

They drove back to the office laughing at some of the current office gossip. When Marcie got to her office, she looked at the still unfinished report and then looked up an address and phone number on her computer and called the number shown.

"Denise Watkins, please." She said when asked.

"This is Denise, can I help you?"

"Hi Denise, you don't know me but I am Marcie Craddock......."

"Oh hi Marcie. I wasn't expecting you to call but I am glad you did. Did Thomas ask you yet?"

"Yes, he did. I was calling to just sort of confirm what he told me."

"Well Thomas doesn't know how to lie, so whatever he told you is probably true. When we talked last night, I could tell that he had a soft spot for you."

"Really? He said that you two talked about this but he was a little unsure how to explain everything."

"Yes, that is Thomas. Listen, I am going to a meeting in a few minutes. Why don't we meet for a drink after work? Maybe we can clear up everything then. Besides I'd like to meet you. I told Thomas that I'd like to meet my competition."

In spite of herself, Marcie blushed. "I'm not sure that I am your competition but I'd like to meet you too. Where would you like to meet?"

"There is this English pub that we like to go to."

"That is where Thomas and I just had lunch while we talked this over. I loved it and that would be great."

"I'll meet you there about 5:30?"

"I'm looking forward to it."

"I've got to go to my meeting. See you there."

Marcie sat stunned. If she thought Thomas was special, she just discovered that his wife was every bit as charming as he was. She shook herself out of her stupor and picked up the report. She finished it by 4:00 and e-mailed it to her boss. Then she went to Thomas' office where she found him just completing his weekly report also. She took a seat across from him and watched him concentrate as he finished. When he clicked on the send button, he sat back and smiled at her.

"Got yours done too?"

"Yes. I did and I wanted to thank you for lunch again and to tell you that I am looking forward to Friday night."

"Me too. I'm still sorry about being a little clumsy; I doubt that I made a very good impression with you."

"You made a wonderful impression with me; stop worrying about it. I wanted to tell you that I called Denise after we got back."

"Oh, good. She said that she wanted to meet you."

"I thought you might be mad at me for calling her."

"No, not at all. We don't keep secrets from each other and I don't have a problem with you talking to her."

"Well then you won't have a problem when I tell you I am meeting her for a drink in about an hour."

He smiled, "No, I don't have a problem with that. It will give me a chance to go get tickets for Friday night and do a little shopping that I need to do. What do you think you will wear Friday night?"

"I have this new dress I haven't worn yet. I think it will be perfect for the theater. It is a little dressy; is that OK?"

"Perfect. I was thinking about wearing a sport coat and tie but maybe I'll wear a suit instead."

"No, wear the sport coat. I think I like you a little on the casual side. My dress isn't that dressy."

"Perfect. By the way, I am already looking forward to our date. Do you have any preferences for dinner?"

"Well I love seafood but I will enjoy whatever you want."

"I haven't had seafood for awhile and that sounds perfect. I'll make reservations for 6:30. Is that too early? The show starts at 8:00. I would pick you up at 6:00."

"No, I can get out of here at 3:00 on Friday and that will give me plenty of time to get ready. Here is my cell phone and address. You might need those." She smiled at him.

"Yes, I guess I do. Thank you. But you better get going. Tell Denise, I will be home later. You two have a good time and have dinner if you want. I can take care of myself."

TexasFarmBoy
TexasFarmBoy
1,188 Followers