Abyss Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm smiling as I haven't for ages. I'm good at faking them, and I often have reason to not fake them. This is different. This smile is...complete. Complete because of the woman in my arms and now in my existence.

I can feel Diane fading.The heights I carried her to, and the blood I took from her, are dragging her into the arms of Morpheus.

So I roll from the bed. I pull the sheet up over Diane then place a soft kiss on her cheek. "Bon nuit, cher."

She mumbles, "Not staying, Georges?" Her voice is slurred with sleep.

"I have to go." If I stayed the coma the sun places me in would be disconcerting, or worse, she could open the drapes and watch me burst into flames. "I've papers to mark and a class to plan. But I'll see you tomorrow night, I promise."

"Okay," the lovely lady mumbles, "Love you, chere," and she vanishes into sleep.

"J'tai..." I start to reply, but stop. The enormity of my position suddenly slams into my psyche.

I dress quickly and leave her apartment almost running. Fortunately her door is self-locking.

My mind whirls as I head for my cottage. It's quite a bind I've placed myself in. I care deeply for Diane. I want her in my world, always. But she has no place there. She's human, mortal. No matter what she will be gone from me someday. Most likely on the day that she discovers what I am. If she does, and she will, it will be a death sentence. We vampires keep our existence secret. Considering how few there are of us, if our existence was discovered we would be hunted from the world.

It's possible I could change her, but I'd done that once before. It was an act I soon regretted and still carry guilt from a century and a half later.

I don't know what to do.

So I walk, shoulders hunched and hands in the pocket of my jacket, until I'm almost at my haven. On the steps of my cottage I straighten. I don't need to decide now. I can enjoy Diane's presence for a while yet.

I carefully keep the, But then I'll need to leave, from my awareness.

Part 2 coming soon