Accidental Encounter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That's how it went the second and third week. Sandra came back every evening about six with a pizza or some sort of take out. She'd go home about ten. On Wednesday's, she'd come by about nine and take me to my appointment with the physical therapist and doctors and then take me home a couple hours later. We'd also stop of at a grocery store on the way home so I could get enough food to last me through a week of breakfasts and lunches. I didn't ask how she got the time off for that.

It felt great to be mostly independent again. I was getting around with the walker just fine, if a little slow, and I could put enough weight on my broken leg to balance well enough to do about anything. I didn't feel so great being alone.

When you live alone for a long time, you develop a routine to keep you busy. During the week, I spent my free time watching TV or reading. On the weekends, I did my shopping in the morning and then went fishing or to a flea market depending upon the weather.

During the week that Sandra spent with me, I didn't do any of those things. Instead, we'd talk about anything and everything under the sun. I missed those conversations. Sandra was an intelligent woman and very down to earth in what she thought. Once she went back to work, I still couldn't do any of the things I used to do. I missed having her there if only to pass the time.

By the fifth week, the physical therapist graduated me to a pair of crutches. I was more mobile now. I still couldn't drive, but I could get in and out of a chair by myself. I'd quit using the spirometer because it wasn't a challenge anymore and the doctor said my ribs were doing fine. I was down to taking regular over the counter pain relievers when I needed them. I was also bored out of my skull.

Driving a patrol car has its boring moments, but at least there are things to look at, question if necessary, and then a course of action to decide. What I had at home was the same walls and furniture, and the two biggest decisions I had to make was which TV channel to watch and when to use the bathroom. Most of TV was either old movies I'd seen before or shopping channels geared toward women. I didn't really need the latest bra design or a zirconium ring or a new sweeper.

I tried taking naps. That made the time pass during the day, but then I couldn't sleep at night. TV at night was worse than during the day. It took a month to read every fishing magazine and book I had and I didn't feel like reading them again for a while.

The only bright hours in my day were between the time when Sandra came in and when she left. We'd eat together and then talk about her day and mine. Since mine didn't change, we mostly talked about hers. I envied her. She'd had a broken leg but was only trapped at home for about two months, and that wasn't really trapped. She could still go places. She just had to have someone drive her. The doctors had told me it wouldn't be advisable for me to do much except my exercises for another two months. They'd evaluate my progress then and tell me what I could and couldn't do.

A week into the second month, Sandra told me she'd be out of town for a week and wouldn't be able to help me.

"I tried really hard to find someone else, but it's a conference of hospital purchasing agents from all over the state and I have to go because I've worked with most of them before. I'll make sure you have enough food and some new magazines. I checked your appointments and you only have one. You'll have to call a cab for that one, but you'll get along just fine with your crutches. I'm really sorry Larry, but there's not much I can do about it."

I told her I'd be fine and to have fun. She kissed me on the cheek when she left. I went to bed half an hour later.

}|{

That week was both great and miserable. I had to do everything by myself and by Friday was feeling pretty good that I could manage on my own. I could get out of my chair, fix my meals, and take a shower without help. I got to my appointment without any problems at all, and the therapist said he was impressed by how quickly I was recovering. The doctor said I could sleep any way I wanted, so that night, I slept in my bed.

The rest of the days and the nights were awful. I felt like I'd lost part of me somewhere. TV sucked for the most part. I left it on so there would be something in the house besides silence, but I didn't really watch it.

I read and read and then read some more. I scoured the Internet for articles about fish and fishing. By the end of the week, I knew how to fish for about every type of fish in the world, and I'd read six mystery novels. I found myself watching the clock for six, and when it came, realizing Sandra wasn't going to walk through my front door.

She didn't come back on Friday night either, but I knew she wouldn't. Her flight didn't get in until late. I waited up just in case, but at midnight, she still hadn't come in. I went into the bedroom, stripped naked, and went to sleep.

It was seven when I woke up, but I thought I was probably dreaming. I smelled bacon frying. I'd just started to get up when Sandra walked into the bedroom.

"Sleeping in your bed, I see."

"Yeah, the doctor said my ribs were about healed so I could sleep any way I wanted to."

"Well, let's get you up and into the kitchen so I can fry your eggs."

Sandra reached for my hands and then frowned when I didn't hold them out.

"Don't need my help anymore do you?"

"Uh...it's not that. I just don't have any clothes on."

She grinned.

"That might be interesting."

"Well, it might be interesting to you, but it would be embarrassing to me. Go start the eggs. I'll be out as soon as I can get dressed."

While we ate, Sandra told me she'd spend the day with me if that was OK. I didn't know what she had in mind, but nothing could have made me happier. After being alone for a week, having her there again would be great.

"I'd love having you stay. I've been going crazy here all by myself."

Sandra laughed.

"I thought you wanted to be independent. That's what you said."

"Well, I do like being independent, but I still can't do what I used to do to pass the time."

"And what would that be?"

"If it was a week day, I'd have been working. If it was Saturday, I'd probably be fishing. Sunday's were usually one of the flea markets. I like antique fishing tackle and sometimes I find lures and stuff there that they don't make anymore."

She smiled.

"I don't think you have any business on a boat yet, but we could go to a flea market. I sort of like them too. I got some carnival glass from my mother and started adding to it. It's getting hard to find, but it does show up at flea markets once in a while."

The flea market was great, but not because I found any fishing lures. It was great because Sandra was there with me. I realized that after the first half-hour, and kept thinking about it the rest of the day. It did take all day because I still couldn't move very fast and it was a big flea market. We had a lunch of chicken and potato salad at a stand run by one of the local churches and then went back to walking the aisles of tables. By four, I was tired, but I was really happy. We stopped by a fast food burger place for dinner.

Sandra drove us back to my place and held my crutches while I got out of her front seat. She smiled when I turned around.

"You're doing great, Larry. Pretty soon you won't need me at all, will you?"

I didn't know how to answer that question. In truth, I didn't need her to help me with anything at all now. I'd managed just fine through the week even though I'd been bored. I could probably find a way to occupy my time if I had to.

The problem was I didn't want to find any way other than having her there. I couldn't very well tell her that. She had better things to do than sit and talk to a cop who couldn't walk without crutches.

"I suppose not. I did OK this week. It would have been better if I could drive, but I did OK. You're probably getting tired of looking after me anyway."

"No, I'm not. I know how hard it is to do things when you only have one strong leg, and I like watching how hard you try. It's more likely you're tired of having me around so much."

I couldn't tell from her statement if she was looking for a reason to stop coming by every day or if she was looking for a reason she should.

"Well, as much as I want to do things myself, you are a lot of help. There are some things I can't do very well yet."

Sandra smiled.

"Like what?"

"The worst is that I can't drive myself anywhere, but there are other things too. I can't really bend over while I'm using my crutches and...well other things. I can't think of them right now, but there are other things."

"I see. OK, I'll keep coming over at night to see if you're OK. I need to be going now, but you have another doctor's appointment on Monday, right?"

"Yes, at three."

"I'll take the afternoon off so I can take you."

Sandra kissed me on the cheek and left then. She'd smiled when she said she'd keep coming by every night, but I wasn't sure she really meant it. The smile looked kind of funny.

Sunday was another flea market. I liked walking the aisles of tables with Sandra. It was good exercise for me, but mostly I just liked her being there. We had a pizza for dinner and then she left about ten after promising to pick me up on Monday at two.

I had another X-ray at the doctor's office, and after he'd looked at it for almost five minutes, sat down to explain my condition.

"Larry, your femur is nearly knitted back together and your leg looks like the physical therapy has kept up the muscle tone. You can start walking with a cane if you'd like. Just don't get ahead of yourself and start weighting that leg all at once. Take it gradually to give the new bone time to get stronger. You can also start driving again. Just try to avoid anything that might shock that leg."

I asked when he thought I could go back to work. He frowned.

"Larry, your Captain called me a week ago and asked the same question. When I asked, he emailed me the physical requirements you'd have to meet. I'm sorry, but it's doubtful I'd ever be able to release you back to active duty as a police officer. I could release you to a desk job in a couple of months, but that's about it. I'll know better in a month or so, but I don't want you to get your hopes up."

When I walked back into the lobby, Sandra smiled at me. After seeing my face, she frowned.

"Something wrong, Larry?"

"You might say that. He just told me I wouldn't be able to go back to work."

"You mean for a while longer, right?"

"No, I mean not ever unless it was on a desk. I can't do that. I'd be bored out of my mind sitting at a desk all day long."

Sandra stroked my arm.

"Well, doctors aren't always right and maybe he's just preparing you so you won't be disappointed if you really can't go back to work. Ever think of that?"

"I don't know. He seemed pretty confident about what he was telling me."

"Is that all he said?"

I shrugged.

"He said I could start using a cane and driving again, for all the good that'll do."

She patted my arm.

"That's a start, isn't it? You'll be able to go places by yourself again. I was thrilled when I could do that."

"I'm going to like doing that, but what am I going to do if I can't be a cop again. It's all I know how to do."

Sandra smiled.

"Let not talk about that here. Let's get a pizza and go back to your place. We'll talk some more there."

The pizza was good, I guess, but I didn't feel like eating. It was like somebody had pulled the rug out from under me and I'd fallen flat on my face. I'd dreamed for months about putting my uniform back on and going out on patrol again. Now, that seemed like it would never happen.

We talked about my situation until almost ten. Sandra tried to be sympathetic and again pointed out that the doctor might be wrong. It did help some, but not enough. Looking back now, I realize I was doing to myself what I hated other people doing to me. I was feeling sorry for myself. I think that made me feel as bad as anything. Sandra understood.

"Larry, if you can't go back to being a cop, I'm sure there are other things you can do. Stop being so down on yourself and think about that."

I sighed.

"I can't think anymore tonight."

"That's OK. We can talk some more tomorrow. I uh...I thought I might spend the night here, if that's OK."

"Why? I probably won't need you for anything."

"I don't want you to wake up tomorrow morning all depressed again. If I'm here, I can try to cheer you up."

I smiled.

"I suppose you have what you need in the car, like the first time you stayed over?"

Sandra looked at the floor.

"Well, I did call the receptionist at your doctor's office and ask her how you were doing. She transcribes the doctor's notes, so she knew what he was probably going to tell you. She told me and I figured you might need some company tonight. I brought everything I thought I might need."

"So you already knew?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me? I'd have at least been prepared."

"I promised Maxine I wouldn't. She'd have gotten fired if the doctor knew she'd told me."

"Then all the talk about the doctor being wrong and maybe I could go back to work was just to make me feel better?"

"Well, yes. I'm sorry, Larry. I just thought you'd be down when you heard it and I wanted to help you feel better, like you did when you held my hand in the car that night."

I was mad at Sandra and I was happy with her at the same time. I wasn't sure what I should say, so I didn't say anything. I just looked at her.

She looked up and tried to smile.

"Did it work, even a little?"

The look in her eyes told me she was looking for me to say it had. Since she had made me feel a little better, I said yes. She smiled for real then.

"I really hoped it would."

"It didn't help much, but it helped a little."

"I'm so happy it did. Now, it's late. Let's get ready for bed. You first, because I need to use your bathroom when you're done."

I was in bed when I saw the light in the bathroom turn off. I was still pissed, but knowing Sandra was there on my couch again made it a little better. Maybe I would be able to think straighter in the morning, and if she was there, she could help me talk through everything again and find an answer.

I heard the soft pad of bare feet on my bedroom floor as I was trying to think of what else I could do to earn a living. I looked at the door but couldn't see anything in the dark.

"Sandra?"

The mattress moved when she sat down.

"I forgot my pillow. I thought maybe I could borrow one of yours tonight."

"Well, sure you can."

"I reached for the other pillow. Sandra touched my arm and stopped me.

"I thought I could maybe borrow a blanket too?"

"Sure. My extra blankets are in the closet."

"I thought I could maybe use the same blanket you're using. I'd really like it if I could."

"Like in bed with me?"

"Yes, like that."

"Is this just another plan to cheer me up?"

"No. It's a plan to cheer me up. I missed you last week, and I realized it wasn't just because I wasn't here to help you. I know I'm assuming a lot, but I thought...I hoped maybe you felt something too."

"Why didn't you tell me that?"

"I didn't know how. I mean you've never said anything about liking me so I didn't know. I just thought...I guess I didn't think enough. I'll just go sleep on the couch."

"No. Don't go. Not after telling me all that. Come here."

I sat up and reached in the direction of her voice. I felt the bare skin of her hip.

"Sandra, are you naked?"

"Yes. I sort of forgot my pajamas too."

"Get in bed. I need to tell you something."

I pulled back the blanket and sheet. Sandra sat down beside me.

"What did you want to tell me?"

"That week you were gone was hell. I didn't need your help, like you said, but I did need you. I still do. I don't want to go through another week like that...without you I mean."

Sandra stretched out on her back beside me, felt for my hand, and pulled it to her bare breast.

"Show me how much you need me."

After I stretched out beside her, she slipped her arm over my chest and pulled herself tight against me. I felt her smooth thigh sliding over mine and then the brush of soft hair as she pressed her mound into my leg. I kissed her then.

I'd forgotten how erotic a woman can be. The few women I'd been with before had been arousing, but that's not the same thing as erotic. Sandra wasn't just lying there and letting me excite her like most women I'd been with. She was exciting us both.

She kissed with her mouth open and her little tongue searching for mine. Her hand stroked my back and then my hips as she rubbed her mound against my thigh. She gasped when I gently fondled her breast, and then gasped again when I lightly stroked her nipples.

"Oh God, Larry. I've wanted you to do that for so long."

I got lost in Sandra that night. Every touch to her body caused another stroke to my back or a little moan, and every stroke and moan only increased my need for her. It wasn't a need for sex, though that need was definitely there. It was a feeling of...being one together is the only way I can describe it. I didn't need to have her tell me what she wanted. Somehow, I just knew.

I didn't tell her what I wanted either, because she was doing it by the time I thought of it. When I needed to kiss her, Sandra's mouth would already be on mine, making love to my lips with hers. When I thought about how great her hands would feel on my cock, I felt them there, slowly stroking my shaft.

Sandra was ready for me before I thought she would be. I'd just slipped my hand over her hip and between her thighs when she murmured, "I need you so much."

Her soft lips were wet on the outside when I touched them, and when I slipped a fingertip between them, she was warm, wet, and slippery. I slipped a finger into her passage then, and she moaned.

"Larry, I can't wait. Lay still."

Sandra rolled on top of me and eased her body down. I felt my cock head brushing soft hair and then the wet warmth of her lips as she moved her body to position it. She sighed as my cock slipped into her passage and eased her body down on my chest.

With short strokes, Sandra impaled herself on my rigid cock, short strokes that inched my length inside her a little at a time. My body was telling me to ram it inside her, but I resisted. What she was doing had filled my mind with sensations I'd never felt before and I didn't want them to end.

When her lips pressed softly on the base of my cock, Sandra sat back up and began rocking her body over my length. That feeling came back again. We weren't having sex. It was much more than just sex. It was Sandra pleasuring us both with her snug, slippery passage and rocking hips. It was me pleasuring us both with my fingertips stroking her nipples and cupping her hips. It was Sandra matching my need with hers and her need with mine.

I felt the little contractions around my cock just as Sandra began to breathe faster. Her hips began rocking faster then and I couldn't stop myself from lurching up as she came down. The first time, Sandra gasped. The second, she started to pant.

She didn't tell me she was almost there. I knew because I felt the first wave make her shudder. She pushed herself down over my cock then, and I felt a stronger contraction. I couldn't have held back then if my life had depended on it. I felt the first spurt shoot out of my cock. Sandra threw her head back and cried out a second later. I got lost in the sensations of the contractions that gripped my stroking cock and the sensations of my own orgasm.

Sandra rocked her hips up and down over my cock as she cried out again, and then eased down on my chest. I felt her breasts flatten against me as she nestled her cheek against mine.