Adam and Hawa Chronicles

Story Info
Haitian hustler meets a beautiful Muslim woman.
2.1k words
2.46
6.6k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,118 Followers

"Adam, if you don't have my money, you lying little sack of shit, I'm going to get your balls," Pedro Alvarez said menacingly as he looked at the stocky, dark-skinned young Haitian man who stood before him. Even though it was an unseasonably cool morning in early June, Adam Gustave had begun to sweat profusely. Pedro's acolytes, a portly Mexican guy named Oscar and a tall, lean and tattooed Asian dude named Chan, laughed at their boss humor while eyeing Adam coldly.

Adam had just come out of Royal Barbershop, a spot where he'd been going for years, and he'd crossed the street, intent on checking out the new Indian restaurant. After getting his hair cut, and chatting with his favorite barber, the young brother was feeling good. Unfortunately for him, the restaurant was closed. And then he got the urge to take a leak, and went behind the restaurant to do his business. That's when he ran into Pedro Alvarez, leader of the local thugs, to whom he happened to owe about a thousand dollars...

"I'm sorry, Pedro, I don't have the whole thing, if you could just give me more time," Adam mumbled, and he was abruptly cut off when Pedro decked him, square in the jaw. Adam went sprawling against the wall, and was so dizzy that Chan and Oscar had to help him up. Shaking his head, Pedro pulled out his switchblade, and held it inches from Adam's face.

"You're fucked, Adam," Pedro said nastily, and Adam looked into the Latino gangster's eyes and saw cruelty and grim determination. Without hesitation he did the first thing that came to mind, and swung his leg at Pedro's crotch, catching him squarely in the nuts. Doubling over in pain, Pedro dropped his blade, and Adam shoved his way past the stunned Chan and Oscar, and slipped away.

"Dude left me no choice," Adam said to himself as he ran across McArthur Avenue, one of Vanier's busiest streets, and made his way past a certain Asian restaurant where he'd dined a few times. Glancing the park in the distance, he made his way there, hoping to lose his pursuers. Chancing a glance backwards, Adam saw that Pedro and company were still after him, and they were rapidly closing the gap between them and their prey.

Adam crossed the park and made his way to Donald Street, and ran as fast as he could. Earlier that day, he'd walked on Donald Street as he made his way to Soleil Des Iles, a neat little Haitian restaurant that served the best food, in spite of its ghetto location. After eating some tasty Haitian food while chatting the cute dreadlocked and big-bottomed Haitian gal working behind the counter, Adam left the restaurant and walked to McArthur to get his haircut. That's when everything started to go wrong...

As Adam ran and ran, he came across a large building with a fence around it. Any port in a storm, the desperate young man thought as he made a mad dash across the building parking lot. He saw a door that was slightly ajar and made a bee line for it, intent on hiding inside until he could call the cops or something.

Adam had no love for the guys and gals in blue, but that day, he would have kissed them if they were around to save him from Pedro and his thugs. The Latino gangster had a bad reputation, even for a loan shark. Pedro Alvarez was the new breed of gangster, the type who took no prisoners and rather than strictly working along ethnic lines, he had everyone from fellow Latinos to Asian guys and even Jamaican guys working for him.

Pedro Alvarez was one dangerous son of a bitch, rumor has it that he cut off some dude's fingers for making a pass at his girlfriend Rosita one night at a club downtown. Adam wouldn't have gone to him unless he was truly desperate. Ever since he split from Sarah Sloane, the young white chick he'd been dating/living with, Adam had fallen on hard times. Sarah moved out and in a desperate attempt to hang onto their Barrhaven apartment, Adam took out a loan which he couldn't repay on time. Adam grabbed the door and went inside, and promptly shut it behind him.

"What are you doing here, brother? This is the sisters entrance," came a feminine voice, and Adam Gustave nearly jumped out of his skin. Whirling around, he found himself facing a most unexpected presence. The lady standing before him was tall and curvy, with light brown skin and almond-shaped brown eyes that looked him up and down. Clad in a Hijab, long-sleeved black shirt and long dark blue dress, she was the picture of Islamic feminine modesty.

"Um, sorry, ma'am, please don't be alarmed, I just want to make a phone call, I'm in trouble," Adam said quickly, and the young Muslim woman looked at him. Before she could reply, however, there was a knock against the door. Adam looked at her pleadingly, then he looked at the door. As the young woman headed for the door, Adam retreated into a corner. Balling his fists, he looked at the ceiling and silently prayed that this wasn't the end of his days. Adam hadn't been to church in ages but dammit, he was starting to wish he hadn't stopped going...

"As Salam Alaikum, brother, I am Sister Hawa, this is the sisters entrance, not the men's entrance," the young woman said politely, and Adam's heart skipped a beat. From his darkened corner, he could see Pedro and his acolytes at the door, speaking to the young Muslim woman. If she was going to rat him out, Adam was a dead man walking. He'd gotten lucky earlier but there was no way he'd get past Pedro and his cronies again...

"Hello, lady, we're looking for a friend of ours, a black dude about this high, kind of chubby, have you seen anyone like that hanging around?" Pedro asked, and Adam held his breath as the young woman replied to the thug leader's inquiry. Closing his eyes hard, Adam started praying to a deity he'd long stopped worshipping for deliverance in this his darkest hour. Just give me another chance Lord, he thought grimly.

"Brother, this is the sisters entrance of the Masjid, no man is permitted to enter here while prayer is going on," the young Muslim woman, Sister Hawa, replied earnestly. Adam's eyes snapped open upon hearing what she'd just said. She hadn't ratted him out. Will wonders never cease? Frozen with fear in his darkened corner, Adam listened to the back and forth between Hawa and Pedro, and finally, the young Muslim woman wished the thuggish trio a good day, and then closed the door.

"Thank you," Adam whispered, and Sister Hawa looked at him and shook her head. Disapproval rolled off the tall, pretty, Hijab-wearing Muslim gal in waves, and Adam swallowed hard. For the second time in less than an hour, someone was giving him the stink eye. Adam swallowed hard and sighed, and then looked at Sister Hawa. This young woman had just saved his ass, and the least he could do was explain himself...

"Who are you and why were these men after you?" Sister Hawa asked, hands on her hips, and Adam bit his lip, and then did something he hadn't done too often in the nearly three decades he'd been living upon this earth. He looked at a person and did not lie through his teeth. It took some effort, of course, but somehow, he managed to get through it...

"Well, sister, my name is Adam, and those thugs, Alvarez and his buddies, they're after me because I borrowed money from them," Adam Gustave said earnestly, and Sister Hawa nodded. As a stunned Adam looked on, Sister Hawa drew closer to him, and then, amazingly, she gently touched his face. Adam winced, for Sister Hawa touched him where Pedro Alvarez had struck him. It still hurt like hell...

"Well, they've really done a number on you, you shouldn't mess with such dangerous characters, Adam," Sister Hawa said, and when she looked at him, Adam could have sworn that he saw concern in her lovely brown eyes. Nodding at her, Adam thanked her for her help and then started toward the door. As he reached for the handle, Sister Hawa grabbed his hand, and shook her head vigorously. Adam looked at her, honestly puzzled.

"You shouldn't leave yet, Adam, they might still be around," Sister Hawa said, by way of explanation, and then she finally get go of Adam's hand. Adam looked at her thoughtfully and nodded in agreement. It was true, Pedro Alvarez and his cronies might still be hanging around. They had lost his scent for now but like hunting dogs, they would eventually pick it up. Staying out of sight was probably a good idea...

"You're right, Sister Hawa, what was I thinking?" Adam said, and the young Muslim woman smiled at him. Taking out his cell phone, he tried to call the police, in case Pedro Alvarez and company were really still around, and realized that his cellphone was dead. Less than two percent on the battery. Adam tucked it back in his pocket, and looked at his unexpected savior...

"So, first time in a mosque, I take it, Brother Adam?" Sister Hawa said with a sly smile, and Adam nodded, and took a look around. Yes, he had never been inside a mosque before. Sure, he knew a lot of Arab students and Somali students at his old stomping grounds, Saint Gabriel Academy. Hell, Adam ran into a lot more of them at Carleton University during the three years he spent there, before he dropped out. Yeah, he'd seen a lot of pretty Muslim ladies. None of them were anything like Sister Hawa, though...

"Yes, I'm, well, I was raised Adventist but I stopped going to church, this place kind of reminds me of some antique churches I've visited, kind of serene," Adam said thoughtfully as he took a look around. The place was vast, with no icons and no furniture on the Oriental carpet. There were shelves full of Koran books near the front, and that was about it. The interior of the place was very Arabian in design, reminding Adam of structures he'd seen in the series Sinbad when he was younger.

"So, Adam, you stopped going to church, do you still believe?" Sister Hawa asked, and there was a seriousness in her tone of voice and on her lovely face that gave Adam Gustave pause. Gently he bit his lip, and searched inward for the right answer. He sensed that religion was a serious matter for Sister Hawa, after all this chick was in a mosque on a Saturday night, instead of working or hanging out and having fun like most young women her age.

"Sister Hawa, I stopped going to church because a lot of people at the Haitian Adventist church in downtown Ottawa hate my guts, hell, I almost got killed today because I messed with the wrong people, and I'm alive because of you, I'd say that's a sign from the Lord," Adam said, smiling faintly. He was brutally honest for a change, and Sister Hawa picked up on it. A sly smile crept into her lovely face...

"Well, that's a lovely thing for you to say, Adam, now, while you're hiding from your thug pals, how about you help a sister clean up?" Sister Hawa said, and she smirked as she handed a stunned Adam a broom. The young man smiled, and took the broom after a slight hesitation. As Sister Hawa walked away, to clean another part of the mosque, Adam watched her intently, fascinated. There was something about her...

"Hmmm, looks like Muslim cutie has a really nice butt on her," Adam whispered to himself, and he smiled as he began to broom the mosque carpet. He couldn't help thinking of the last time he used a broom. He'd been living in his hometown of Cap-Haitien, northern Haiti, at his grandmother Elise Gustave's house. His parents, Louis and Nadine Gustave sent him to the island of Haiti for the summer, to punish him for being a wild brat, and he ended up loving it in his ancestral homeland...

"Oh, and Adam? Start cleaning up and please stop staring at my ass," Sister Hawa called out over her shoulder, and Adam Gustave gulped in surprise. When Sister Hawa turned and looked at him, he smiled sheepishly and then busied himself using the broom and dust pan like his life depended on it. Part of him wanted to slip out the mosque door and take his chances with Pedro Alvarez and his cronies, but for some reason, he wanted to stick around. And Sister Hawa definitely had something to do with it...

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,118 Followers