Alone at the End of the World

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jonah gingerly brushed his fingers along his inner thighs, feeling tender bruised skin and crusted flakes of dried blood. He stumbled back out to the couch, and saw his clothes on the floor. He bent over to pick them up, lost balance, and fell to the ground. He started to cry very quietly.

Jonah wasn't stupid. He had been in college for a nursing degree. Mark had damaged his eardrum, maybe permanently. He was dizzy because the eardrum also regulated equilibrium. Mark had damaged his hearing and sense of balance. Mark had brutally raped him, and choked him. He couldn't hide this anymore, but if he tried to tell, Mark would kill him. It was only a matter of time.

Jonah moved slowly and disjointedly. He was very pale, and he whimpered softly with pain the entire time. He walked to his room and put on a fresh pair of clothes. The cloth felt clean and cool on his bruised and sweaty body. He found a backpack that he used to carry the detergent out to the stream when they did laundry. He started to pack.

He packed another shirt and a pair of briefs and a clean pair of socks. He rolled up a thick comforter to use as a bedroll and tied it under the backpack. He took a half-gallon milk carton and filled it with fresh water.

With the cellar filled with food, they had never moved the cache of canned goods in the RV. Jonah packed the last three cans of soup, two cans of chili, and three cans of baked beans. He took the biggest knife from the kitchen and tied it to his belt loop after making a clumsy sheath out of duct tape. As a last step, he put a spoon in one pocket and a pack of matches in the other.

He stood at the doorway of the RV and was filled with sudden doubt. The doubts were swept away when he nearly fell over. Mark wasn't averse to permanently damaging his senses, Mark wouldn't be averse to hurting him even worse next time.

He opened the door of the RV. The door faced away from the house, and the cornfield was only a couple hundred yards away. It would be dangerous, but not as dangerous as staying here. He looked up at the roof of the house through one of the RV windows. It was Melvin and Harold, and they were arguing about something. It wouldn't get any easier then this.

Jonah slipped out to the cornfield, weaving and stumbling and unseen. The cornfield itself was very short, and he was in the woods in no time. He found the road and walked parallel to it, but a little ways into the woods, easier to hide if looters came along.

He cried while he walked, but he never looked back.

*

*That's part one, two more parts to go. Almost done with part two, but it might be a wait for part three.

I want to apologize if the zombie bits seem rushed. I was intrigued by the idea of the interaction between characters, not necessarily the zombie apocalypse itself. Unfortunately (but understandably) most zombie movies focus on the latter.*