Alpha Bravo Team Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aidan stared around, over her head. "Hmmm, which way?"

Mia looked up and cursed when the motion pulled against the bruise on her jaw. "We were off course. We landed too far to the west. We have to head east."

Aidan nodded. "East is that way, the way we've been going." He dropped one last soft kiss on her lips and then grasped her hand to pull her behind him. "Let's go home."

* * * *

"Emmy, set the table." Tanya brought the plates and silverware to the table so that Emilee could pass them around the table. When she went back into the kitchen, she was humming.

It had been a while since she had felt this happy, this secure. Now that she stayed in Mia's house, even though she wasn't home, she felt as if she was cleaner, purer. She felt worthy of happiness now and it was a glorious feeling.

"It's set, Mama."

Tanya bent and pressed a quick kiss to her daughter's head. "Thank you, baby."

"What time will Micah be here?"

"Soon, sweetheart. He had some work to do and then he said he'd be here." She looked up when she heard the doorbell. Before she could move, Emilee raced toward the door.

Tanya felt her heart jump into her throat and she hurried to stop Emilee from blindly opening the door. "No! Emilee, don't touch that..."

Micah pushed open the screen door and picked up Emilee. He stepped inside and smiled as Tanya skidded to a stop. "Problems?"

"No. It's just, she knows she's not to open the door without my permission."

"I'm sorry, Mama. I just wanted to see Micah." She ducked her head, resting it against Micah's big chest.

"I know, baby." She glanced up at Micah. "You hungry?"

"Starving." He sat Emmy down and then handed her his jacket. As soon as she was out of the room, he moved toward Tanya and caught her up in a big hug. He tilted her head back and captured her lips, unable to hide how she made him feel. When he finally lifted his head, he dropped his forehead against hers. "When it's been enough time, I'm going to ask you to marry me and move you and Emmy in with me."

She stared up into his eyes. "What's enough?" she managed to get out.

"When you think you can trust me and know that I'm nothing like..."

"Even...you still want me even pregnant with Ricky's baby?"

Micah stared down into her eyes, seeing the wounded dog look. He took her chin into his hands. "Baby, any child you bring into my world will be welcome and I will love them as if they are my own." He ran his hand over her lower belly. "I will be proud to call them my own."

Tanya tried to wipe the tears off her face, stopping when Micah bent down and kissed her. "Besides, I think Emmy needs to see a real family."

"Will you be my daddy too?" Emmy's little voice sounded from beside them.

Micah jumped. "Quiet one, aren't you, slugger? And the answer to that question is yes, as soon as your momma agrees to my proposal."

He smiled down at Tanya when Emmy began to jump up and down, singing. "Say yes, Momma. Say yes!"

He used his thumbs to wipe another tear from her cheek then he dropped down next to Emmy. "We have to let Momma think about it, baby girl. She might want to talk to your Aunt Mia too. So we both have to be patient.

Emmy snorted and walked over to Feral. "Be patient, that's all anyone says."

Feral barked and licked her face before knocking her down.

"Maybe we should tell Feral to be patient too?"

12