An Improbable Couple Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mrs. Jacobs had quit her job when Angel was born so she could watch her while Mary went to college. Now she watched Angel when Mary goes to work. A least I was starting to really understand where Mary was coming from. There was a lot more to consider besides just getting married. A lot of lives were changed with the birth of Angel and a lot more changes would occur when we get married.

I stopped by Wednesday at Mary's office and she looked beautiful. She had the most perfect smile when she greeted me. She introduced me as her boyfriend to the other employees. There were three men and two women there besides Mary. Her dad was at the other office that day.

We went out to lunch and I felt so happy to be with Mary. I told her how I felt I had been stupid and that we could just go along for now until she felt the time was right. She told me she was in training to be the receptionist who was also going to become an in-office insurance agent. Her dad wanted her to be licensed so she could answer questions and sign documents for customers. She told me she had all the necessary requirements by getting her Associate of Arts in office studies. She didn't need any more schooling but did have to take the state insurance exam and that would take a lot of study in preparation.

There was so much more she wanted to talk about but she had to get back to work and I had to head out to work myself. I asked her about Saturday and she said she had promised her friends that she would go to a wine tasting on Saturday for her birthday. She was turning twenty-one.

I decided to turn down working this Saturday and surprise her at her wine tasting. My sister told me where it would be held since there are a half dozen wine tasting places in our county. I picked up Angel and took her to my mom's for the afternoon. Mrs. Jacobs said that Mary had just left. I asked her if she thought Mary would be mad if I showed up and she said that Mary had expressed her wish that I would have been going with her to celebrate her birthday, That at least made me feel good.

I drove over to the winery and there were six other women with her all getting ready to taste the wines. I was surprised that my sister Donna was one of them. I walked in and said "Happy Birthday Mary". She turned and had the biggest smile on her face. She kissed me and said it was a nice surprise. I handed her a small gift and she gave me an odd look. She opened it and it was a gold chain with an emerald stone. It got me another kiss. I guess she was wondering at first if it was an engagement ring.

We were having a wonderful time and all her friends treated me like a friend. I decided that someday Mary would become my wife and I felt I could wait till she was ready. All the girls came in two cars so I asked Mary if she wanted me to take her home. She had drank a lot of wine and was a bit tipsy. In front of her friends she asked me if I was going to take her to her house or mine. Her friends laughed and told her to go to my house.

She called her mom and told her that she wouldn't be coming home that night and then she called my mom and asked her if she could watch Angel for her. Of course, my mom had said 'yes', they loved having Angel and she was already sleeping.

Needless to say, we made love when we got back to my place. I loved kissing and sucking on her tits. As usual I kiss down to her belly and on down to her trimmed muff. I spent quite a bit of time there and then down to her pussy. I kissed, tongued and ate her pussy till she had a huge orgasm.

"Fuck me now, Dallas, I want you so much, it's been way too long."

She didn't have to wait much longer as I pushed my cock in her and began pumping at a slow rhythm. It felt so good and she told me how much she loved it and that she loved me. I couldn't hold on much longer and started shooting my cum deep into her as I felt her having another orgasm. I stayed in her till the spasms stopped. I just turned off the light and pulled the sheet over us and cuddled up against her ass. We were both asleep within minutes.

I woke up a few hours later and had a hard on. I lifted her leg and rested it on my leg and shoved my hard cock back into her. She was still sleeping as I pushed my cock in and out of her. She was moving her ass but I don't know if she was even awake. I couldn't wait any longer and came again. I pulled my cock out of her and went back to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning she was in the shower. I got up and took a piss. She asked me if I made love to her a second time last night or if she had just dreamed it?

"I can't lie to you. Yes I did and it felt great." I laughed. She didn't say anything else. She got out of the shower and said she would get dressed and put on the coffee while I took a shower.

We talked on the way to my mom's to pick up Angel. I asked her if we could go out on a date at least one Saturday a month and I would keep Angel at least one Saturday a month. I told her on our date we could go anywhere she wanted to go. We could even go with her friends if she liked. Of course. the Saturday I had Angel she was welcome to come and spend the night. That made her smile, I loved that smile.

For the next three months we did go on dates at least once a month. We went to movies, dancing, carnivals, even a couple of street fairs. Sometimes it was just us and other times we went with other couples who were friends of Mary. My younger sisters even went with us a couple of times.

One night we went out for dinner and I asked Mary what was the main hurdle to us getting married?

"Dallas, don't get mad at me but it's your job." I must have looked surprised. "Wait, let me explain. It's not your job, per say, but it's you being on the second shift. If we were married I would never see you any more than I do now. I work days and when I would come home you would never be there. It's not your fault but we would hardly ever see each other. That's the main hurdle, but then we would have to work out some way to get Angel back and forth to mom's."

She gave me something to think about but I didn't push it any further. The following week I went to human resources and asked what my chances of getting on the day shift was. I was told that in two months Bill Allen, one of the Tow Motor/lift drivers was retiring and his job had been posted but so far there are no takers.

There was a lift driving course that had to be taken to be certified and afterwards a driving test that also had to be passed. Most workers are satisfied with their jobs and were not interested in all the studying. Additionally, there wasn't as much overtime. Even though the hourly pay was more, the income was still less.

I went ahead and put in for the job. For the next two weeks I had to go in two hours early each day and take the course and learn all the safety rules. It was like going back to school but I was doing it for Mary and Angel. I didn't tell anyone but my dad about it in case I didn't pass it. At the end of the month I took the written test and the driving test and passed both with flying colors.

I asked Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs out for dinner on Sunday with Mary and me. My mom said she would watch Angel for us. Mary had told me she was hoping it wasn't what she thought it was. I told her I had a surprise to tell her and her parents. She was probably thinking it was another marriage proposal including a ring. When she lifted an eyebrow, I just smiled.

We ordered dinner and as we were eating, I told them that I changed jobs. They looked shocked. I then said I was still with the same great company but that I took a course to be a lift operator and was now a licensed lift operator. I mention that Bill Allen would be retiring next month and I would be taking his place.

"That's nice Dallas, I'm really proud of you," smiled Mary.

"Well, that's not the real news. You see, the main thing is I am transferring to day shift permanently so I can always be home in the evening, and there is little overtime so I should almost always be home on Saturdays, too."

"I hope that satisfies your concerns about how much time we can spend together as a family. I also talked to your mom and she said she is sure we can work out taking care of Angel. Since I solved what you said as the biggest barrier to us getting married and I'll be home every night..."

As I was talking Mary had tears running down her face. Before I could even finish she blurted out "Dallas, you did this all for me and Angel? Yes I'll marry you. Mom why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew how much he loved you and you love him. You tell me about it just about every night. I wasn't going to ruin his surprise. Just so you know I told your dad about it yesterday."

Mr. Jacobs spoke: "Son, I wasn't happy when Mary got pregnant. In fact, I was angry and I blamed you when it happened. Now that you have proved to us how much you care for Mary and your love for Angelina, as well as what a hard worker you are, things have changed. Let me just say, 'Give the ladies a few months to plan the wedding and I'll pay for it.'"

I thanked him and then pulled out the engagement ring that I had bought so many months ago and formally proposed to Mary and slipped the ring on her finger.

Mary went with me and we told my parents, Kim and Beth that we were getting married. They were all so happy for us and of course the females all wanted to be part of the wedding planning. Naturally we had to call Donna right then and tell her the news since she had become such good friends with Mary and would want to be part of the action, also. Just like Mr. Jacobs suggested my sisters, my mom and Mrs. Jacobs all got together with Mary and made the plans in no time.

Mary asked me if I wanted anything special at the wedding. I told her I wanted a special song sung at our wedding. She wanted to know the song and I told her it was a surprise for her. Soon her curiosity was running wild, but I remained firm and kept my secret despite her pleading to know what song I had chosen. Even my sisters tried to pry it out of me, but I didn't give in.

Let me tell you about the song I chose and why. I was home alone on a Sunday night. It was when Mary and I weren't on the best speaking terms. I decided to watch a movie and I found a movie about the life of Elvis Presley. I won't go into a lot of detail about the movie but he married Priscilla and they had a daughter Lisa Marie (who tragically died in January 2023 of cardiac arrest though only 54 years old -- her father had died similarly at the age of 42).

They got divorced and Elvis went downhill. He did his last concert three weeks before his death. The final song he sang in the movie was 'Unchained Melody'. It was first sung by 'The Righteous Brothers' but was also sung by many other singers. I always liked Elvis and I could feel him putting his heart and soul into the song. I knew he was singing to his ex-wife and daughter. I sat there as tears formed in my eyes. I felt the love he had for them which was the same way I felt about Mary and Angel. It was after hearing that song that I knew I had to change my life.

Our wedding was beautiful and perfect. My sisters were all in the wedding party but the most beautiful person there was Mary. I watched her dad standing tall and proud as he walked his only daughter down the aisle. We had a wonderful dinner and then the band started playing. After about a half-hour the DJ called for everyone's attention.

"Will the bride and groom please come up to the dance floor? Only the bride and groom. We were asked by the groom to play a very special song. I will play this song through while the bride and groom take to the floor for their dance and then everyone can join them on the dance floor the second time.

The minute the song started Mary started crying but it was tears of joy.

Oh, my love, my darling

I've hungered for your touch

A long, lonely time

And time goes by so slowly

And time can do so much

Are you still mine?

I need your love

I need your love

Godspeed your love to me

There were a lot of tears running that day. People reminded me that they also played that song in the movie 'Ghost'. We continued dancing, I was sure glad my sisters taught me how to dance.

Lonely rivers flow

To the sea, to the sea

To the open arms of the sea, yeah

Lonely rivers sigh

"Wait for me, wait for me"

I'll be coming home, wait for me

People couldn't hold back and started coming onto the dance floor to join us. I just held on tight to Mary and told her I loved her so much. The final verse came on and many of the people joined in singing it. I was to choked up to sing.

Oh, my love, my darling

I've hungered, hungered for your touch

A long, lonely time

And time goes by so slowly

And time can do so much

Are you still mine?

I need your love

I need your love

Godspeed your love to me

They did play the song through a second time and I danced with my mom and Mary danced with her father. I thanked my mother for all she had done for me. She's the reason I took Mary to the prom. If it wasn't for her Mary and I would have never been together.

Life went on and we were a very happily married couple with a beautiful daughter. Many people say that we are the perfect couple if there is such a thing. We both come home every evening have dinner and spend our evenings with Angel. We make love and sometimes just cuddle. Life for us is good.

Now there is one more thing I must tell you.

I now realize our parents were right when they told me we were not ready to be married. Because of being young and lacking life experience, we still were working out what we needed in life to find personal fulfillment as well as what it would take, including compromises to have lasting fulfillment in marriage. For those reasons we were not ready to live together in the same house with all the conflicts that were possible because of our different backgrounds and life experiences. I know now that if I had gotten my way then there is a good chance that we could have become a divorce statistic. It had seemed so painful at the time, but one of the most difficult lessons to learn when one is young is patience, and to trust if something is truly right, it will work out for the best in the end. Finding the balance of wants and needs, learning that love often means giving up something of one's self, of making a sacrifice for the benefit or the partner are essential to living together happily ever after. If our parents could have explained more or we had been able to openly express ourselves more, perhaps we would have had fewer bumps, but then life is all about learning a growing in understanding, even when we are parents or even grandparents.

Thank you for reading my story

Comments are welcome and appreciated

DG Hear

12