An Open Letter to My Readers

Story Info
Looking to know what YOU - the readers - like & dislike.
859 words
20.8k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BrettJ
BrettJ
4,749 Followers

After some thought, I decided I needed to write a letter to you, the kind folks who read my work.

First, my sincere thanks for your [ mostly ] kind words and comments. It is a pleasure to write for you and I will continue to do so for quite some time.

I just feel that there are some things that should be / must be addressed and I am hoping that you people out there can be of some assistance, and perhaps I can reciprocate.

Okay, where to begin? How about at the beginning?

When I joined LITEROTICA in 2005, all I wanted to do was write again. I had written for years and years prior -- other subject matter as well -- but really hadn't written much in about 5 years. I had been on another site and slowly crept back into creativity, but only in small doses.

Through the encouragement of some on-line friends, I joined LIT and wrote a few stories. What a pleasant surprise when one of my early efforts, "Programmed for Love" met with very warm responses. Encouraged, I stepped up the pace and made it my goal to write 100 stories by my first year on LIT -- which I accomplished. I got some wonderful feedback, for the most part.

Enter 2006. I don't know why exactly -- but my output dropped to a trickle, for which I am sorry. Although my newer works are longer, the amount of stories dropped by 75%. Even still, I had some wonderful words from my kind readers -- including a very nice letter which my computer deleted -- telling me what they wanted, what they liked. Again, my thanks.

Now, here is the crux of the letter.

Due to illness and outside forces [ a slightly-crooked publisher ] I wrote less -- wayyy less. I became a bit sad and at times, it was an effort to be creative. I make no excuses though, some of it was pure laziness on my part. Those of you who read my work deserve better. I am sure some of you are expecting certain works to be finished and are a bit peeved with me that they have not been.

This year, I made another promise to myself -- which is also one to you. I am going to do better, I am going to write more. I plan to beat my output of 2006, hopefully by a wide margin. My semi-promise to myself is when I did start writing again, to try and average 1000 or more words a day. As of this, I am still around that number.

Okay readers, here is what I want from you. Please.

I would like to know exactly WHAT series you like most, WHAT you want finished soonest. I have one that will be done this year -- for sure -- as there are only two chapters to go on it.

However, I'd like some input from you. Either here or through E-Mail. What is your favorite of all my series? Any story you'd like a sequel to? Do you have any suggestions?

Suggestions will be weighed and if used, will be credited. I DO know how many of my stories will end, but the middle is sometimes wide open. You never know, some of you out there might just surprise me -- and yourselves.

If you have read my stuff and never commented, now is your chance. I make only one request. Please, be serious. I am asking for your help. If you comment negatively -- and even those will be read -- don't just say "I hate your stuff, it sucks Donkey Balls." WHY do you not like it? Any writer worth his socks is willing to improve. I am always ready to try a new approach.

Presently, I have a few series going -- amongst them "Aloha Lovers", "Ghost of A Chance" and "Virtue or Vice". I also have the "Heather" stories, which are a shared-universe type of story, with Heather, Bryan, Aunt Alexus, Vicki and others. Want more of those? How about the "Stiletto Club" series, of which I have another chapter nearly completed? I have a sequel to "Becoming Bree" in mind -- would you like to read that?

I will also be writing some one-shot stories, of course -- but I've been very fortunate that some of those have done well and readers have asked for sequels. Are the any characters in the one-shot tales that you'd like to see more of?

I plan to complete as many of my works as I am able, but I have a long road ahead. If you can give me some kind direction, I am sure I will get there.

I plan to leave this open for a few months and then, I will likely remove it from my postings. Please, if you like my work, I would greatly appreciate your input. Any time you can give me will be appreciated. Oh, if you want to remain anonymous, that will be fine as well.

Thanks a lot from

BrettJ

Somewhere in Chilly Ontario

January 2007

BrettJ
BrettJ
4,749 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Appreciate your heartfelt letter.

My desires would be for erotic and fully explicit sexual stories about families that teach their children about sex... A key component for me would be generations of families and where the mothers ensure they are marrying a man who absolutely WILL have sex with their daughters, and actively support the wife having sex with their sons (and all of them with others, too).

I would love as part of that to see the emotions, sexuality, and history of generations of sexual families. A daughter that goes back home to visit with her parents and is seduced/fucked again by her father with a loving supportive mother... one who happily shares her own daughters vagina with her husband, and who just as happily licks her daughter clean... and keeping that 'tradition' as part of the family love.

Another idea I've thought about is a woman who has children just about ready to learn about family sex/incest... when her husband dies... and now she's on the hunt to find the right man who'll be a proper father for their children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nothing

u r not capable writing any other than smut

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
innocence

Personally, I like stories of an innocent daughter talking her "Daddy" into having sex. There is just something about how a young woman ACTS innocent. I enjoy long stories with character backgrounds. I don't really care for the anal play though. What I have read of your work is awsome and I do plan to read more... But my primary focus is father and daughter incest stories. A story of a fathend daughter living together as "in-home" nudist and sex partners whould be very nice.

Just a few of my jumbled thoughts. Thank you for all the hard work you put into your stories to keep us intertained.

camr4656camr4656over 10 years ago
How about some military related stories?

I'm retired U. S. Air Force (in 1977) which puts me in my young 80's. I'm married to a Thai lady (40years last July) and we have two boys, both in their 30's and married with children.

I would like to see some stories that are military related. I bet you can do it. I really enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
catgirl story?

i would love a catgirl story. catgirls are very hot.

Show More
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

Coffee Shop Hookup K.C. and Casey are introduced by mutual friend Miranda.in Mature
Executive Ass.'t Newlywed Martin is ripe for his MILFy secretary's advances.in Mature
The Fun of Writing and How it Began A little essay about how I started.in Reviews & Essays
Writing Erotica for Fun & Profit I explain my ongoing process for writing & selling erotica.in How To
Write Me! Write Me Hard! A quick look inside a smut writer's head.in Humor & Satire
More Stories