And I Love Her

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And why would I have the blackmailer actually send the pictures, rather than give me the computer. They were on there and that would have proved my claims about the pictures?"

"Very clever," said the detective. "If we had the computer, we could completely analyze it and find if there was any trace you had used it or set it up. We could even look at things you erased."

"And where did this idea of yours come from, detective?"

"We've been pursuing other avenues, talking to other people," he said.

"Please allow me to finish before you slap on the cuffs."

He nodded.

"So with the place cleared out, and with me away with the blackmailer, who was left to protect the company?" I asked.

"Manny, the guard," said Art.

"Yeah, but he couldn't have put this together," said Paul. "Even Robinson says, and please pardon my language, but the exact words he used were, 'He's dumber than a fucking stick.'"

"Just a moment," said the detective, thumbing furiously through his notes.

"He actually said that?" asked Art.

"Yeah, when he asked me to hire him. We didn't have any special security needs at the time. Robbie said his wife would treat him like a king if we could find her nephew a job that didn't involve thinking."

"Did you ever tell anyone about this conversation?" asked the detective.

"Not until just now."

The detective had found the page he was looking for. "Well, now, that puts a whole different light on things. Those were the exact words Mr. Benson told me in his last interview the blackmailers used " He flipped some more pages and started writing. "Mr. Paul Simon stated that Bob Robinson used the exact same words to refer to his nephew when he asked Mr. Simon to hire him as those used by the Blackmailers."

"Can I take that as an apology?" I asked.

He grunted.

I turned back to Art. "I take it the CFO, even if he didn't know about the work involved in setting up the security room, would see the expenditures with sufficient detail to know we had done it?"

Art paled. "He's complained about the other shareholders being family and how they got so much more in dividends even though they don't all do anything to make us profitable, but I never thought …" He had never thought it and he didn't want to say it now.

"Releasing the photos after I seemed to cooperate almost upset me enough that I didn't give any thought as to who would do this," I said. "Bob calling Donna a slut almost made me lose my cool."

"Almost?" asked Paul, ironically.

"I think I'll go have a follow-up chat with Mr. Robinson," said the detective, and left the room.

"Dan, you should be aware the bonus stock comes with a clause that allows the company to strip it from you if you commit any felony that reflects badly on Art & Paul's," said Paul. "Robinson's stock was issued under the same terms."

"Dan, you told us when you took over security that you didn't feel particularly qualified," said Art. "I think that 25% raise may turn out to be a bargain for us. Also, depending on how … things go, there may be some additional stock to sweeten up your bonus."

"Ah," I said, "You may have mislaid some."

"Exactly," he said. "Ah, and, in your capacity as security chief, do you think you could persuade Donna to allow you to take custody of that group photo she took earlier with her phone?"

I smiled. "That seems prudent. Now, if you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I believe I'm late for a celebration with my youthful, devoted wife."