Anger, Hate, and Serendipity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
imhapless
imhapless
3,672 Followers

"OK," I said, holding her hands in mine, and for the first time noticing a ring on her right pinky. It was too dark to see what it looked like.

"You've heard me mention Eric, and you met him once, right?" she asked.

I had run into Betsy and a six foot four inch good looking blond guy that she introduced as "Eric" one Saturday night at a restaurant when I was with a date, and Betsy had sometimes talked about him. "Sure," I replied, knowing where this was going.

"Well, he asked me to marry him. I'm in love with him and intend to tell him 'Yes' on Monday," she said, staring into my eyes.

"If you're in love with him why didn't you tell him 'Yes' already?" I asked, with a lump in my throat.

"Because, I told you when I first started a sexual relationship with you that once I got engaged our sexual relationship was over, and I wanted a last fling with you. I want to take you to a resort this weekend, my treat, to say a proper goodbye!"

"WOW," I replied, totally flabbergasted. "That would be great, but you don't have to treat..." I said when she interrupted.

"I will treat, I have plenty of money. However, first I need to make a complete disclosure to you; so don't say 'Yes' yet," she said.

Then Betsy turned on the bedside table lamp and put her pinky right next to my face. The light from the lamp illuminated a plastic multicolored ring. My mind was in turmoil when she said "I'm Elizabeth Jenkins; 'Destino' is the Italian word for 'destiny,' and an alias I just use for business."

I was never more at a loss of words in my life. My emotions had taken over my mind and body and all I could do was stare at her with my mouth wide open. She realized that I couldn't speak so she continued.

"I never got a chance to thank you properly for saving my life, and that of my sister, Jamie. I became possessed by what you had done not just by saving me, but by giving me a $200,000 trust fund. I had to find out about you."

I noticed a tear in each of her eyes, and mine felt moist too.

"When I was a teenager, I got a transcript of your deposition from your attorney after making him promise never to tell you. When I saw the way that my mother had treated you, I was shocked and embarrassed. I resolved then never, ever, to be like her. Although she truly loved, and loves, me, and has put everything she has into raising my sister and I, I was never able to look at her the same since then," Betsy/Elizabeth continued.

With her voice choking a little Betsy then said "I resolved to make up for the shabby way you had been treated, which is why I resolved to fuck you four times, once for each of our family members. I found that you were a wonderful person and lover, and continued it as much for my own gratification as for a continued 'thank you,' and made sure never to confuse you about our long term prospects."

I finally spoke. "You're unbelievable," was all that I could mutter through what were now full-fledged tears as I held her tightly.

After a few seconds, Betsy pushed me away, wiped her tears, and then said "Does that mean that you'll go away with me this weekend and let me pay with some of the more than $300,000 I still have left over from the trust you set up for me?"

"You've given me the greatest gift anyone could," I told her after somewhat regaining my composure. "You gave of yourself so much that you turned my life around. I no longer have hate and anger in my heart, only love and peace. I'd be honored to have one last weekend with the most inwardly and outwardly beautiful person in the world!"

That Friday, Saturday, and also Sunday morning, were the most bittersweet days of my life. We didn't fuck, we only made love. I was not outwardly melancholy despite the fact that I had to admit that I was in love with Betsy; that was because I was so happy for her, and grateful to her.

True to her word Betsy never had any sexual contact with me again after she accepted Eric's marriage proposal, although we remained very good friends. She even introduced me to my fiancée, Grace, a widow two years my junior who is the executive director of a charity Betsy worked with. I saw no need to tell Grace anything about Janet since it was now no longer part of my life.

Grace and I attended Betsy's and Eric's wedding nine months after Betsy accepted Eric's marriage proposal. Obviously, I knew that I would see Janet there; but since I no longer had hate or anger I wasn't apprehensive.

It was a beautiful ceremony and a rocking reception, and I was filled with joy for Betsy.

At the reception I could tell that Janet was avoiding me; I'm sure that she was positive that I would bite her head off again if she tried to talk to me. However, just before Grace and I left I sought Janet out. She was shocked when I approached her as she broke off a conversation with one of her friends, and clearly was steeling herself for unpleasantness.

"Janet," I said, looking her directly in the eye and holding both of her hands. "I have to compliment you on raising the most remarkable woman in history; Elizabeth has no peers. I'm sure that she never could have become the fantastic person that she is without you as her loving mother. Good luck to you."

With that I turned around and walked toward Grace, leaving Janet totally speechless and agape.

When I got to Grace she said "I think that Betsy's mother wanted to say something to you. She was holding out her hand while you walked away, and I think I saw her mouth 'Sorry.' What would she be sorry about?"

"I don't know, honey," I answered Grace as I quickly ushered her out of the ballroom. "Maybe she thinks that I didn't like the wedding cake."

imhapless
imhapless
3,672 Followers