Anything

Story Info
A loving wife, forced by circumstances.
6.6k words
4.22
132.4k
59

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/10/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a fictional story. It is the stuff dreams are made out of which is why we come to Literotica! So let's start off this way.

1. There are some great authors in Literotica, I am not one of them. When is the last time you thanked one of the many contributing authors to this site?

2. This is a great site. When is the last time you actually thanked the people who put it together? I admit that I never have! So Thank You Literotica. You provide a smart, enjoyable diversion for many of us!

3. I hope you enjoy this story. Most of all, thank you for reading it.

Bridget Tries to Help

This is a story about a young woman who is happily married and gets trapped into things she never wanted to do.

All characters are eighteen (18) years of age or older.

*****

My name is Bridget. I am 21 years old and married to Michael. I'm a petite woman, I've just crossed over into the century mark at 102lbs. I have blonde hair and 32a.

Michael and I have been in a relationship together since the third grade of elementary school. We lived four houses apart, our parents hung together and we were always inseparable growing up. Neither one of us ever had another boyfriend or girlfriend. We were just always there for each other.

Six years ago, we made a mistake and I became pregnant. After some very big heartburn with our parents, (and also shortly thereafter, their great help), we were married. We had our first baby boy and two years after that a baby girl.

We both had to leave school. Michael got a job at the local manufacturing company and I stayed home to do the mother thing. Michael got his General Equivalency Diploma on our son's second birthday. I finished my GED on my daughter's first! Michael was promoted to a foreman's job six months ago. Between his new job salary and my working part time at a grocery store, we were able to buy a small starter home. We didn't have much but we made ends meet. All and all, we aren't living the fabled life of the famous but we are still very much in love with each other and putting food on the table.

The Invite

Tuesday night, the four of us sat at supper. I had cooked pancakes for dinner. Michael was on his fifth one and looking for number six. He had finished his second glass of milk, when he blurted out, "Oh we are invited over to a dinner party at Mr. Haverhill's house."

I looked in shock. Mr. Haverhill was the owner of this huge company that Michael worked for.

Why would they invite a Foreman to a dinner party, I wondered?

"Michael, I didn't even know that you knew Mr. Haverhill," I asked.

"I don't but I've seen him walking around the manufacturing floor," Michael replied.

"Do you at least know how to dress for this thing," I asked?

"I probably need to wear a tie and jacket."

My head started spinning fast. Michael doesn't own a suit jacket. He had a pair of chino pants and a collared shirt. I could borrow a suit coat off my dad. They were both the same size. I'd scour his father's closet for a tie. I knew his dad had five or six.

I had one dress in my closet. It was yellow with white flowers on it. It was a little summery for late September but it would work. It would have to because I had no other options. I would just need to pick up a pair of panty hose and we'd make it!

I explained the plan to Michael as I cleaned up the supper meal. He just nodded, half listening to me but was paying enough attention to me that I knew he agreed.

"Michael, tomorrow I'll call Mrs. Haverhill and see if I'm expected to bring something with us"

Michael nodded again and I was off to read to the kids before bedtime.

Next Morning

I waited until 9:30 AM before calling the Haverhill household. I was nervous to call but I needed to know if we were expected to bring a dish. After several rings, the phone was picked up and a man answered.

"Hello, Mr. Haverhill," I asked?

"I'm sorry, Mr. Haverhill is gone to the office," He quipped.

"Is Mrs. Haverhill available, please?"

The voice from the other end said, "I am sorry." "Madame is not available." "I am Joseph, Mrs. Haverhill's valet." "May I connect you with the kitchen?"

I was a little confused why he would switch me to the Kitchen but I needed to leave a message so I went on, "Mr. Joseph, Could you please tell Mrs. Haverhill that Mrs. Martino called and wanted to know if I could bring a dish to dinner with us on Saturday?"

"You would like to bring a dish to Mrs. Haverhill's Suárez on Saturday?" Joseph repeated.

"Yes Sir!"

"How lovely," he went on.

"I am sure Mrs. Haverhill will be excited."

"I doubt she will need a DISH but if she does, I will ensure that the kitchen staff will contact you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Martino," he finished.

With that, the phone went dead on the other end.

Saturday

Saturday came along and I had not heard back from the Haverhill household. Unsure what to do I just baked cupcakes to bring with us. Michael was in a good mood when he came down the stairs. He actually looked quite dashing. I freshly pressed his chinos, he borrowed a blue blazer from my father and he had a grey shirt with paisley tie on. I was proud of him! He looked handsome.

I put my dress on and was feeling anything but confident in my looks. The dress was cute and came down to my knees. Michael always loved it but he loved anything I wore! I came down the stairs and Michael did his "wolf whistle" thingy. I twirled around doing my modeling turn and off we went, Cupcakes in hand! I was scared to death.

We got to the address indicated on our GPS. It was a large hotel like looking building with a big wrought iron gate at the drive way. We lined up our five year old Toyota behind a line of black limos and waited our turn to be admitted. When we finally got to the front, Michael jumped out of the car and tried to get to open my door but the parking attendant had already gotten it. I said "Thank you." And strolled with Michael to the front door.

We looked at each other as we watched men in their dark tuxedos holding onto women in black cocktail dresses. I looked at Michael and he just laughed, "Bridget, you look great." "At least it won't be hard for us to be notice amongst a sea of black."

I gave a fake little laugh and strode to the front door arm and arm with Michael. When we got there, a very distinguished looking gentleman in black tails spoke up, "Ahhh, this must be Mrs. Martino!" "Splendid and you brought cupcakes?" "Wonderful," he said as he took the cupcakes out of my hand and gave them to another lady dressed in a maids uniform.

"You must be Mr. Joseph," I asked while turning to Michael. "Michael, this is Mr. Joseph, the man I mentioned Wednesday who had helped me."

Michael held out his hand to shake Mr. Joseph's when I made the introduction. Mr. Joseph just kept his white gloved hand by his side, bowed and said, "Charmed, I'm sure."

A tall, very attractive lady in her sixties came over to us. She introduced herself as Mrs. Haverhill and actually dragged us into the middle of the crowd. She tried to make us feel as comfortable as one could in what was a very uncomfortable situation.

Michael had several beers prior to dinner. One of the maids came over with champagne and I took a glass. I nursed it for the two hours prior to the dinner announcement. We were seated at the table along with about forty other guests. Neither one of us had any idea what all the silverware was used for. A very kindly elderly man sitting next to me noticed my distress. He discreetly would touch a piece of his silverware and we would use it to eat whatever they placed in front of us. Michael and I ate more food that night than we had even seen in the last year.

Finally, at the end of the dinner, Mr. Haverhill got everyone's attention and made an announcement.

"Everyone, I am sure you are aware of the rumors that I'm going to move our main plant from this city to Memphis," he asked?

Everyone nodded because we heard the rumors.

"I want to announce that we have reached a joint agreement with the State and City."

"That agreement will grant us several vital tax concessions which will enable us to be competitive and keep over 2500 jobs here in this great city of ours."

Everyone stood up and cheered. I yelled the most because all of us were dreading a shutdown.

"Now we will have to shed about twenty five lower supervisory jobs but that can be done easily and with no impact to the Company."

Again we all cheered!

Dinner ended and we all mingled, (I think everyone just drank and wandered but Michael said it was the "MINGLE"). I was feeling less awkward in my bright yellow sun dress amongst a large group of bare backed black cocktail dresses, (my third glass of champagne will do that to me). I felt a small pull at my arm. I turned toward the pull and Mrs. Haverhill was smiling at me.

"Mrs. Martino, please come with me."

I nodded and just followed her with champagne glass in hand. We winded down a long corridor and went through a very heavy wooden double door. The room was a breathtakingly beautiful library with leather chairs and reading lamps spread around it. By the fireplace, Mr. Haverhill sat smoking a cigar and drinking a glass of something.

"Mrs. Martino", he said "Thank you for coming and please sit down." "Joseph, please get Mrs. Martino a cognac and Mrs. Haverhill a glass of sherry."

A minute went by and I had my drink in hand. I was regaining my past nervousness when I took a sip of the cognac. I coughed and then sneezed, sending the burning liquid up my nose. I caught myself finally when Mrs. Haverhill patted me on the back. We sipped our drinks in silence with Joseph looking on for about a minute.

Mrs. Haverhill broke the silence by saying, "Mrs. Martino, I especially want to thank you for the cupcakes you brought."

I nodded.

"My husband wanted to discuss your husband's redundancy."

I had no idea what "redundancy" was so I just went on nodding.

"I see by your quiet agreement that you understand why your husband must be dismissed from our employ," she said and, "thank you for your understanding."

"What?" "What are you talking about?" "My husband just was promoted to foreman six months ago." "What are you talking about?"

Mr. Haverhill went on and took a substantial time explaining how the layoff agreement works. How Michael was the last promoted foreman and that makes him the first to go foreman. He went on to explain how the union agreement does not allow union members to be bumped out of jobs by nonunion supervisors in the event of a layoff.

I couldn't catch my breath. I tried to explain that we had just bought a house. I told them we couldn't make it without his pay check. I explained about our two children. They just nodded and smiled. I knew this was going nowhere. I kept crying more and Joseph was handing me one Kleenex after another.

Finally Mrs. Haverhill came over to me, patted me on the shoulder and said, "Stop being a baby Bridget." "It is time to grow up and act like a big girl." "Big girls face reality."

"The reality that my husband is losing his job and we're about to become homeless," I asked?

Mr. Haverhill took my chin into his hand, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "EXACTLY!" "You are about to go bankrupt and become homeless." "That exactly is what Mrs. Haverhill is explaining to you."

I nodded, not in understanding, but because it gave me something to do.

"Now, Bridget, stop being a baby and figure a way out of this," Mrs. Haverhill said.

I thought and thought but I had no idea how I was going to get Michael out of this problem.

I just shook my head that I didn't understand.

"Mrs. Martino," Mr. Haverhill said, "Why don't you take Michael home and sleep on it tonight?" "Tomorrow, you should come back here for a small lawn party by yourself." "Maybe, by that time, you'll have figured out a magic word that will keep Michael from getting a pink slip on Monday."

A magic word? I thought and then said out hopefully, "Please?" "Is that the universal magic word?"

Mrs. Haverhill smiled and shook her head no. She kissed me on the cheek and whispered, "The magic word is... "ANYTHING!"

**********

Sunday

We went to the 9:00 AM mass Sunday morning. I prayed to find a way out of Michael being laid off. When we got home, I finally gathered my courage and told Michael I was going back to the Haverhill's house that afternoon to see Mrs. Haverhill. I explained to him that I had been invited back and it would be good for his career opportunities for us to know them better. I knew he would agree happily because all he'd do is watch football and play with the kids without me fussing about making a mess.

I had absolutely nothing appropriate to wear which sent me into another panic. I couldn't wear the same dress I had the previous night. I couldn't just borrow something because I was honestly smaller than most women. I finally called my neighbor next door who had two teenage daughters. I explained my predicament and immediately she sent both of them over with several choices of dress.

They decided that I would wear blue pullover dress with a form fitting silhouette look and a built in bustier. It had two spaghetti straps and the hem came to just above my knee. I had to admit that I looked good in the dress even if it belonged to one of my neighborhood teens. One of them did my makeup and the other fussed with shoes. I finally was done when the silver stiletto heels were fastened to my feet. I would need a few lessons in how to walk in them but I'd survive.

Mrs. Haverhill's Lawn Party

I arrived unfashionably early. The front door was answered by Joseph who promptly welcomed me with a very stiff, "Welcome back, Mrs. Martino." Joseph sat me in the Grand Room while I waited for the rest of the guests to arrive.

In about forty five minutes, Mrs. Haverhill entered the room with another older lady by her side. I was introduced to the older lady and I quickly made the connection. She was the wife of the older gentlemen from the night before who helped me with my silverware. I shook hands with both of them and they actually seemed happy that I was there.

"You look lovely today, Mrs. Martino," Mrs. Haverhill said.

"Please call me Bridget, Mrs. Martino," I flashed back with a smile.

"Thank you, Bridget." "Now should we join the rest of the CLUB in the library?"

We angled our way back into the large library that I had met with Mr. Haverhill the night before. Joseph was there and opened the door for us. Inside the room there was a group of about sixteen people. They all seemed to be couples and were enjoying an afternoon cocktail. I was introduced to each person and they all made me feel very welcome. Small talk and food trays prevailed for an hour. I was hoping to get Mr. Haverhill by myself and make a plea for Michael's job. I was having no luck in my quest.

Finally, Mr. Haverhill stood up and called for everyone's attention. He reiterated the conversation from the prior night how the Company was not going to close the local plant but that there would be some layoffs. He pointed to me and told everyone that Michael would be one of those without a job. Everyone just nodded and smiled.

Mrs. Haverhill came up to me and pulled me by the elbow signaling me to follow her into a small ante room off the library. The older lady also joined us.

"Bridget, tomorrow your husband will lose his job."

I nodded in understanding.

Smiling, she then turned to her friend who spoke, "Have you learned the magic word, Bridget?"

I nodded.

"Say it Bridget!"

I looked at both of them, without really understanding and said, "Anything?!?"

They both nodded and said, "Good"

Then came the long explanation of anything. "Anything", I was told means that I can leave and decline to do whatever I wish to do. "Anything" means that if I say no, then Michael will get a pink slip and we would be unemployed. "Anything" means that if I say no, we would be homeless because we couldn't afford the mortgage on our house. "Anything" means that if I did do what I was told, I would work as needed for the Company for no more than twenty hours/week, get paid as a full time forty hour/week employee and be paid fifteen dollars/hour! "Anything" also means Michael would keep his employment.

Mrs. Haverhill tuned to me and said, "Do you understand the meaning of anything, Bridget?"

I thought I should be honest so I replied, "I understand most of it." "I don't really get the anything as far as me having a job but I loved the idea!"

Mrs. Haverhill just nodded and said, "You are about to find out the meaning of Anything, Bridget."

I was lead back into the Library where everyone was enjoying a quiet Sunday afternoon. As I walked in with Mrs. Haverhill, everyone quieted down. The silence quickly became deafening until Mr. Haverhill stood.

"Bridget, have you learned the definition of anything," he asked?

I wasn't exactly sure but I knew "Anything" kept Michael employed. I nodded my head and said, "Yes sir."

"Excellent!"

He turned to Mrs. Haverhill and nodded. She took me by the hand and led me over to a large upholstered bench in the middle of the room.

"Bridget, bend over the bench, Pet," she purred.

I bent over the bench and realized that the one end I had bent over had a slight raised portion to it so that when I laid on it, it fitted under my tummy and raised my behind about two inches. She handed me a piece of paper and a pen to sign the bottom of it. I quickly read it and signed it. It just repeated what she already had said.

"Bridget, read the last two sentences for everyone, please."

I nodded and read, "I can leave anytime I want." "I choose to do Anything I am told to do because I want my husband to have a job."

"Very good, Pet!" "That General Equivalency Diploma taught you how to read well, Bridget!"

I watched as she beckoned Joseph to stand behind me. He had a small paddle in his hand.

"Now, Bridget, you were such a baby last night." "Babies get spanked when they act poorly, don't they?"

I started to understand what "Anything" meant at that moment. Mrs. Haverhill was going to have me spanked in front of her club group. I had never been spanked in my life. I started to protest but I could see it in her eyes that this was my only chance to keep Michael's job. I choked on the words but finally nodded my head and whispered, "Yes."

"Good!" "I think ten strokes with the paddle will suffice, don't you, Pet?"

I nodded my head and caught Joseph moving behind me out of the corner of my eye.

"Now, Bridget, pull your skirt up so Joseph can do this correctly."

I reached for the hem of my skirt and pulled it up over my waist. No one had ever seen me but Michael in my panties. Here I was in front of a room full of strangers bent over a padded bench with my skirt pulled up over my waist.

"Now, Bridget, Pull your panties down like the naughty girl that you are and ask Joseph to spank you."

My head shot up off the cushion, "I can't!" "Please, I can't do that."

"You don't have to, Bridget," she nodded. "You can leave now and Mr. Haverhill can give you Michael's pink slip so that he won't have to pick it up in the morning himself."

She held the pink slip out to me and I grasped it. I kept looking at it and finally let it fall to the floor. I started getting the hiccups which I do when I start to cry to hard. My hands reached behind me as if they had their own mind. I felt my fingers curl into the waist band of my panties and pull them down to above my knees.

"Joseph, please spank me!"

I hardly had spoken the words when a crashing sound came from behind me and my eyes closed in pain. I couldn't believe that it could hurt so much!?!

"Thank Joseph for spanking you, Bridget."

"Thank you Mr. Joseph for spanking me," I repeated.

12