Are You Tiffani Caine? Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

April 3rd

The feelings of guilt were gone when she awoke on Saturday. She wondered at that as she made her breakfast. Had God given her grace when she prayed? Before now she would simply have accepted that as fact, and she still did, mostly. There was a little corner of her mind, though, that wondered if she might actually be growing a callus where the guilt rubbed against the soft angles of her soul.

No. My soul is in the hands of the Lord and His will is my will. Without Him I can do nothing; through Him I can do anything. I can even pray for His forgiveness and accept it when it is given. Thank you, Lord. Thank you for all I receive, good and bad, for I know everything is just as you wish it to be. I can ask nothing else. Amen.

She called Isaac, who answered but couldn't talk because he was meeting with his father about the church. She told him she loved him and he said he loved her, and they promised to talk later.

And thus ensued a normal Saturday. She drove to the gym, went grocery shopping, dropped off clothes at the cleaners, passed an hour wandering a Christian book shop (and spending rather too much on a new exegesis of the Old Testament that people at church had raved about), and for lunch went to a little soup and salad place that she adored -- Isaac didn't like it for some reason, so she only ever went there alone, and she posted an Insta of her minestra d'orzo and Caesar salad just to tease him.

She was just finishing her tea when her phone rang. Her heart gave a lurch like it always did when the phone rang now, but it wasn't an unknown number. It was someone calling from St. Paul -- maybe someone in her church? She picked up the phone and said, "Hello?"

"Yeah," came a rather gruff female voice. "Are you Tiffani Caine?"

Dumbfounded at hearing those words come from a woman, Sara couldn't even feel her mouth form the whispered reply, "Yes I am."

1...456789