Army Brat Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slickman
Slickman
8,184 Followers

The next batter smacked a weak ground ball down the third base line. Danny hustled to make sure that the third baseman couldn't make it back and tag the base. As he rounded third and saw the ball going to second for a double play he heard the coach. "GO DANNY!"

Danny put his head down and ran towards home. Todd saw Danny heading home and fired the ball to the plate. Danny slid and a cloud of dust flew high. The umpire's head emerged from the dust and then both hands flew outward. "SAFE!"

"YEAH!" Ellen yelled. She saw Danny jump up and look to third where Corey was heading. The catcher fired the ball but it hit Corey on his arm and flew into left field. Corey jumped up and headed home. Again there was a close play and again the ump yelled "SAFE!".

The catcher didn't agree with the call and turned to complain to the umpire. As he did the batter who hit the weak grounder was sent home by Coach Wright. The Raven's pitcher was yelling but the fan noise was too loud. By the time the catcher realized it the third run had scored.

Danny was mobbed by the players in the dugout as was Corey. They smacked each other on their helmets and both turned and pointed at Todd who had thrown his glove down on the ground in front of him.

"You got me my runs," Jimmy grinned. "I'll do the rest."

The Raven's settled down but Jimmy kept them scoreless. It was the bottom of the sixth when Danny stepped up to the plate. He saw Todd call time out and run over to talk to the pitcher. As the pitcher took the mound Coach Wright called time out and called Danny to talk to him.

"It's possible that they are going to throw at you. I'm going to take you out."

"No please don't. I'll be ready." Danny grinned.

He moved into the batters box and smiled at the new pitcher who had taken over for the starter. He saw the pitchers arm coming forward and the ball as it came at his hip. He quickly jumped forward to allow the ball to go behind him.

Matt called time and moved to the umpire. "They are throwing at my player."

"Get back in your coaching box," the umpire warned. He signaled time was back in and moved behind the catcher.

Again the pitcher fired towards Danny but higher. Danny quickly jumped back and fell onto the ground.

Matt moved forward. "UMP?"

The umpire moved in front of the plate and pointed to the pitcher. "This is a warning son."

Danny was ready now hoping that the pitcher took the umpire's warning. Sure enough he saw the fast ball heading down the middle of the plate. This time he just tried to make good contact. As soon as it hit his bat he knew that it was gone.

"Shit," Jim Reynolds said as he stood to see over the person who stood up quickly in front of him. The ball just seemed to keep rising and rising like it was never coming down. All of the fielders turned and watched as it cleared the left field fence and then the stadium wall.

Danny had to slow down and watch it because he had never hit a baseball that far before. The adrenaline and the recent physical therapy sessions combined with perfect timing were the reasons for the first ball ever to be hit out of the stadium. The whole team stood between home plate and the dugout waiting for him.

He smiled up at his mom after touching the plate and blew her a kiss. After being smacked, bumped and hit by his teammates he made it safely back to the dugout.

Coach Wright smiled at Danny who ran into the dugout and immediately rooted for Corey. "I wish I had nine more just like him," he thought.

After the final out with the score Panthers 4 and the Ravens 0 the teams lined up to shake hands. When Danny moved next to Todd they dropped their hands and walked by. Corey behind Danny did the same as did the rest of the team. They moved around the pitchers mound and the coach told them how proud he was of them.

Matt put his arm around Danny as they walked to the dugout. "What was going on with the first two outs?"

Danny looked down. "Sorry coach. I uh…was trying to hit a home run."

Matt looked at Ellen who was waiting for Danny by the gate. "To impress her?"

"No, to get her to forgive me," Danny answered. He ran to the gate and when he saw Ellen open her arms and smile he knew that he was out of the dog house. They kissed longer than they should as everyone watched and then she whispered. "I love you so much."

Neither of them saw Todd standing by his team bus fuming or Maria as she held her son. She moved back into the shadows as Allan and Janet walked by.

"There is your daddy Andy," she whispered to the boy.

*****

The end of Chapter 3.

*

Ending note: Things went bad and then came back to good. A few of you wanted Buttons and Lisa to hook up but I wanted to give the girl a chance for love with Jimmy. Sorry I messed up the names in Chapter two. They have been corrected but I know it detracts from getting into the story. One more chapter unless the votes and feedback are such that I have to keep going. Love ya…Slick.

Slickman
Slickman
8,184 Followers