Backfire

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Scott, please, hear me out - just for a moment or so. I have a suggestion that may have some value. Let me draw up a Notice of Intent to Divorce for you and have it served on Lily. It's a document declaring that unless Lily agrees to counseling or couples mediation you will file for divorce. It's not as final as divorce papers and it can give both of you a chance to cool down. Please, Scott, at least think about my suggestion." pleaded George.

Scott sat quietly for a moment before speaking. "Okay, George, let me think about this for a day or two. I have to tell you that I have my doubts. Lily is so sure that I cheated that she'll probably go bonkers when she sees that. But let me get back to you, I promise I'll let you know soon," and with that the two men shook hands and parted.

********************

Angie grinned at Carl as he sat nude on her office sofa, his erection pointing up at the ceiling.

"Boy, are you proud of that flagpole. That extra inch you have on Frank really pleases you, doesn't it," chuckled Angie who had disrobed to her panties.

"Hey, cupcake, don't mock that extra inch. I figure seven is better than six and this flagpole is waiting to be mounted. C'mon, Ang. Slide that sweet pussy down on peter here."

"Jeez, Carl. Aren't you the romantic one. No sweet whispers, no exclamation of love?" she complained, tongue in cheek, as she rid herself of the panties and approached him.

She slowly eased herself on his lap, taking his straining cock in her hand and placing the head between the lips of her vulva. Angie, despite her cool demeanor, was wet and very aroused. Carl slipped in easily as she continued to lower herself until she was fully impaled.

"Ahhhhh," she moaned. "Damn Frank, if he could only make me feel like this, but his golf is more important," she murmured as she rose and then lowered herself on Carl's rampant cock.

"Mmmmm, thank goodness for golf and Saturdays. This is terrific, Ang," Carl said softly. "Your hubby plays his golf and we get to play in your office. It sounds fair to me," laughed Carl as he held Angie's hips and guided her movements.

Carl then allowed Angie to move at her will. She had her hands clasped around his neck as she rose and descended slowly. She then picked up the pace and began moving more rapidly as she felt her orgasm approaching. Her breathing quickened until she finally sank with a whimper. The muscles in her neck strained as she tensed and let her climax wash over her.

Angie remained in that position for a bit, on Carl's lap with his throbbing erection still deep inside of her, gasping, trying to regain her breath . She felt him caressing her back and murmuring softly.

"Carl," she breathed, "You're a horny woman's dream. Frank would have come in around five seconds and you're still stiff as a steel rod. Let's see what we can do about that."

Carl laughed and then quickly flipped Angie over until she was seated on the sofa, her thighs spread, her pussy gaping obscenely. Moisture glistened on her pubic hair and a small pool had collected at the base of her vagina. Angie sat quietly, looking up at her lover as he stood before her. He then went to his knees and began to softly kiss her thighs and the approach to her steaming cunt.

"Oh, my God," muttered Angie as Carl's tongue gently teased the lips of her pussy. She wrapped her fingers in his hair and pulled him forcibly into her crotch. He spent the next few minutes down south, licking and sucking until Angie was virtually crying out for release again. Car suddenly rose to his feet, turned Angie on her stomach, lifted her hips and plunged into her very wet vagina. He held her hips up and fucked her. There was nothing loving or gentle in his thrusting, this was raw and basic copulation. Then with a roar Carl ejaculated deep inside of her, his bellow drowning out Angie's shrill keening.

Both had collapsed, lying together exhausted on the sofa. Angie turned her head to Carl. "Holy shit," she whispered. "That was fantastic lover. I hope that you had your Wheaties this morning, I'm not finished - no, not by a long shot. By the way, did you show that photo to Lily Palmer yet?"

Carl chuckled quietly. "Yeah. I waited until she was alone in her office, not many people around. I walked in and give her a line of bullshit that I didn't think a decent person like her deserved to be treated as Scott was doing. I told her that I wanted to show her something but she had to promise to leave me entirely out of it, and I then showed her the photo."

Carl paused and smiled again. "I, at first, thought she was going to throw a fit, but she just turned to me and asked if she could have the photo. I told her no, that this was totally confidential, but if she really needed it in the future to let me know and I would see if I could give it to her. I could see the fire in her eyes so I got out of there as soon as I could. Angie, that picture was perfect. We didn't even need just a waist down shot. With the soft focus and from the back, it sure did look like Scott, and with that tattoo on his ass there was little doubt."

Angie had a self-satisfied smile on her face. "Good, good," she said softly. "There goes that "perfect" marriage. Let her suffer, the bitch."

*******************

"Lily, you had better calm down. Losing control of yourself isn't going to help the situation," counseled Claire, Lily's sister. They were seated in Claire's kitchen, a half empty coffee cup in front of each sister. Claire again glanced out of the window, watching her two children playing on the back lawn.

Lily sighed and put her cup down. "I know you're right, Claire, but I'm still so steamed. The bastard cheated, he was unfaithful and he has the balls to tell me he loves me and he never betrayed me. I saw the proof, Claire. I saw a photo of him screwing a dark haired bitch. I don't know what to do. I'm really tempted to just divorce Scott. I can't trust him anymore. I'll never be able to trust him." Her voice broke as her eyes filled with tears.

Claire just shook her head, truly puzzled. "I'm sorry, honey. I really am. It's just so hard to believe. Not Scotty, anyone but Scotty. I know that he adores you. My God, it's plastered all over his face every time he looks at you. There something awfully strange about this whole situation, Lily. No, no, don't get pissed at me," she stopped Lily as she was about to interrupt her. "I really wish that you would sit down with Scott and just talk with him, and talk without losing your temper."

"What's to talk about, Claire," replied Lily glumly. "I tell him that I know that he cheated on me and he replies again and again that he never has. He lies like a rug, Claire. He won't admit it. You know how stubborn he can be. I know he cheated and he won't admit it."

Claire's housecoat had opened a bit and Lily was surprised to see quite a bit of cleavage become exposed. It looked like Claire had forgotten to put a bra on before answering the door. When Claire absently scratched the inside of her knee, exposing quite a bit of her leg, Lily couldn't help but notice a trail of a whitish, milky substance running down her thigh.

Lily flushed and rose quickly to her feet. "I'm sorry, Claire. I'm sorry I barged in on you like this," she stammered. "I'll come back another time. I didn't mean to come so early." Lily was babbling and Claire stared at her in amazement, wondering what had come over her. She then noticed Lily's gaze and blushed as she noticed the condition of her inner thighs.

Clair quickly collected herself and laughed. "Take it easy, sis. Don was a bit amorous this morning while the kids were watching TV downstairs. Sit, sit - just give me a minute to clean up. I'll be right back."

Lily wandered into the living room as Claire went upstairs. She looked wistfully at a picture of Scott and herself that Claire had on an end table. It was a shot of the two of them during their honeymoon. She wondered if they would ever again be that happy. Lily then wandered into the kitchen where she poured herself another cup of coffee. Sitting at the table, she again tried to make sense of why Scott was so insistent that she was wrong. Damn, she saw the proof, he should be begging for forgiveness.

Lily was startled as the doorbell chimed. Knowing that Claire and Don were upstairs she went to the door and was greeted by a short, rotund man who asked if she was Lily Palmer.

"Yes, I'm Lily Palmer, who are you?" she replied. Handing her a folded document, the man told her that she had been served, turned and walked away. Lily stood in amazement, looking at his retreating back and then at the paper in her hand in puzzlement.

Moments later, as Claire was descending the staircase, she stopped in shock as she heard Lily shrieking. "That son-of-a-bitch, that dirty, rotten bastard. I'll see him in hell first. I'll cut his balls off, that rotten prick. He hasn't seen anything yet. I'll castrate him."

Claire rushed into the living room and found a wild-eyed, disheveled Lily, pacing the floor and spitting curses at her absent husband. She whirled on Claire and thrust the paper at her. "Look, look at this. Look what that bastard had the gall to do. He had me served with this.....this..... piece of shit called a......a......what the hell is it called?"

She looked at it again before surrendering it to her sister. "A Notice of Intent to......to Divorce," she sputtered. "He threatens to divorce me unless I go into......into.... ccccounseling," she stammered incredulously. "He fucks around and wants ME to go into counseling, the bastard. Oh, the unmitigated gall. I just can't believe the unmitigated gall."

"Lily, Lily," Claire had to raise her voice so as to be heard over Lily's. "Just calm down. NOW, Lily. Calm down," Claire commanded.

"Okay, okay, Claire," Lily had regained control, although her face was still red with rage. She bit her lip and flopped down on the sofa and Claire saw that she was still trembling with anger.

Claire was reading the document that Lily had thrust at her. "I don't understand. Why would Scott send you this? It just doesn't make sense, sis. Think about it. Scotty isn't devious, you know that. What you see is what you get with him. Why on earth would he want YOU to go into counseling if HE screwed up?"

Claire sat next to her sister and just looked puzzled. Claire knew Lily well and at this point was very suspicious of Lily's claim. She also knew Scott and she was pretty well convinced that Scott wouldn't cheat on Lily consciously. If Lily did indeed have proof of his infidelity, then something strange must have caused Scott to loose control. And if he did, Claire was certain Scott wouldn't be sending Lily an such an ultimatum. That, she knew, was totally out of character.

Lily had regained a modicum of control. Her facial flush had been replaced by a paleness that was startling by comparison. Her lips had tightened and she spoke calmly, her voice almost emotionless. "That's it, Claire. This is....... over the top. I'm beginning to hate him and what he's been doing to me. It's obvious that he doesn't love me anymore and I'm not even sure of my own feelings right now."

Tears had started to form in Lily's eyes. "I'm going to start divorce proceedings, Claire. This marriage is....... over." Her voice broke and she put her hands over her face, allowing the tears to come.

********************

It was a warm evening and the air was filled with the smells of spring. Lawns that had been mown that day still gave off their fragrance and the trees had blossomed with new growth. It was a season filled with the promise of new life, but Scott Palmer was oblivious to all of that.

He was seated in his brother's living room, cuddling a glass of Dewar's in his palms. Marc and his wife Marie sat across from him on the couch. Both their eyes were filled with concern. Marc finally broke the awkward silence.

"Scott, it was nice having you for dinner, but that's not the real reason you called, is it?"

Scott sighed wearily and nodded. "Yeah, you're right, Marc." He then smiled awkwardly. "You could always read me. Not much I can hide from you. By the way, Marie, dinner was delicious, thanks again."

Marie nodded, her smile tentative, but the look of concern returned quickly. "Oh Scotty, this whole situation is so tragic. I know that you love Lily and that she adores you. What on earth is going on; this is so crazy."

Scott was quiet for a moment then began to speak, but in a voice that was so low that his hosts had to strain to listen. "I know, Marie. It is crazy, but I've had time to think. We all know how Lily is, she blows up easily, but she usually calms down quickly enough. Everyone knows that she doesn't carry a grudge." He sat quietly for another moment, obviously gathering his thoughts.

"Something's going on, something completely out of the ordinary. I lost my temper at Lily, at her ridiculous accusation.........I was royally pissed that she would even dream that I would cheat on her. But she continues to insist that she's right, that she has seen the proof. Lily's excitable, but she's not nuts and she's not stupid." Scott paused, was pensive for another moment then continued.

"Marc, Marie," he looked up at them. "I think somebody's screwing with us. I'm not being paranoid, but I really think that somebody is trying to fuck up my marriage." Scott reddened and quickly apologized to Marie. "Sorry, Marie. Please excuse my language." Marie waved her hand dismissively.

Marc sat, nodding, a satisfied look on his face. "I think you're right, Scott. I've been thinking along those exact lines. I can't think of any other explanation for Lily's behavior. You may be on to something.....something really stinks here. I think it's time to be proactive."

"You're right, Marc," replied Scott. "I think it's time for me to sit down and have a serious conversation with Lily, something I had been foolishly avoiding."

********************

Lily stood in the shower, absently swiping the soapy washcloth over her skin. She was deep in thought, her innate common sense finally starting to kick in somewhat. She really had had no opportunity for a reasoned, sensible discussion with herself since that fateful day when she had been shown that horrible picture. Since then a whirlwind of emotions, from anger to grief, had swept her along. Now, many of the things that Claire had pointed out were awakening her and causing her to consider what was happening. Scott's infidelity, she finally realized, was so out of character, that there had to be another explanation for that photograph.

"Ohhhhh, that photo, that horrible photo," she thought. "Scott's tattoo pictured so prominately on his..................." Lily froze, her eyes widening. The color left her face, leaving her ashen. In the photograph, the tattoo was on the left hip. Scott's tattoo was on his right!!!!! She then crumpled to the floor of the shower, letting the water cascade over her. She started to sob in regretful sorrow, the tears flowing. "Oh, you stupid, stupid fool."she whimpered. "How could you have been so dumb," she castigated herself as she fought to control her tears.

********************

Lily was seated at her desk later that day, her mind obviously not on her work when Carl Crowe walked into her office. Her eyes narrowed just a bit as she watched his face light up with a smile.

"Hi Lily, I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. I really hated being the messenger of such crappy news, you know that. I hope that you got to the bottom of the......ah, problem?" he asked smoothly.

"Thanks, Carl," Lily replied evenly. "I see you have another envelope under your arm. Is that the picture you showed me? I really need it, Carl. If I'm to go ahead with my plans, I really need that photograph."

Carl's eyes lit up as he heard Lily's words. His mind quickly assumed that her next steps would be the divorce court and he was prepared. "Yeah, Lily," he replied. "The picture I showed you and a couple of others are in here. They will tell you all you need to know. No words are needed." He then placed the large, tan envelop on her desk.

"Look, Lily,' he continued in a low and conspiratorial tone. "I know that this is difficult for you and I really can sympathize. It's really rotten when someone you love plays around on you. I want you to know that you can count on me........ for anything. Understand? anything, anything at all. Okay?"

Lily smiled, but Carl didn't notice that the smile did not reach her eyes. She nodded. "Thanks, Carl. I do appreciate it; you've been a good guy and I won't forget what you've done. Believe me, I won't forget."

The day passed slowly for Lily, the hours dragging by. Strong emotions again wracked her, but she managed to control them while trying to come up with some kind of plan. She felt rage consume her at times, perspiration flowing down between her breasts and down her back. Finally, realizing that she wouldn't be able to get anything done, she gave an excuse and left work early.

Arriving home Lily mounted the stairs and quickly shed her clothing in the bedroom. She felt sticky from perspiration and was far from sure that her deodorant was still working. She entered the shower and let the hot water relax her tense muscles. Soaping herself and rinsing she started to feel a bit more human, although still filled with rage as to what was being done to her marriage and bitter recrimination of how she had treated her husband.

Drying herself, Lily entered the bedroom again then paused, listening. She was sure that she had heard the front door open and close. Quickly donning a robe, she opened Scott's closet door and extracted a six iron from the golf bag nestled in the corner. Lily silently crept down the stairs, a bit frightened, not knowing what to expect. From near the foot of the staircase she saw a figure in the living room. She almost turned to run up the stairs to a phone when she realized that the figure was Scott.

For a long moment they stood gaping at each other. Then Lily, with a sob caught in her throat, ran and flung herself at her husband, clasping him around his neck, burying her face in his shoulder. "Ohhh, Scotty. I'm so sorry, please forgive me....... please Scotty. I've been such a damn, stupid fool, I know that I don't deserve you.you've got to forgivemeScottyplease I'mbeggingyou."

Her words were running together, becoming unintelligible. Scott just stood there, totally flummoxed, this being a reception that for which he was totally unprepared. He had expected a cold and bitter Lily, not this broken woman begging for his forgiveness. Taking her arms in his hands, he attempted to pull her away from him just a bit when she planted her lips on his and kissed him desperately, not realizing that she still held the six iron, the head of which was tapping into Scott's skull.

"Jeez, Lily," he gasped as he came up for air. "My head, jeez, put the damn club down."

Lily, realizing that she was still grasping the golf club, turned red and flung the six iron from her.

"Lily, jeez, careful. Those irons cost me a fortune," complained Scott.

They then stood and looked at each other, beginning to recognize the total absurdity, the idiotic incongruity of the whole situation. Lily then, despite her fears, giggled. She quickly put a hand over her mouth in horror, apprehension in her eyes. Scott blinked, blinked again and tried to suppress a grin, failed and let a chuckle escape him. In wasn't long before they were both holding each other, howling with laughter.

Wiping tears from his eyes, Scott then held Lily to him and, his voice low, murmured softly. "Honey, we have to talk, we really have to talk."

"I know, sweetheart, I know," Lily answered dreamily. "I know that that's important.....but something is even more important now." Lily then shook the robe from her shoulders, letting it fall to the floor. She stood there, nude, and slowly sank to her knees. She reached up to his fly and attempted to lower his zipper. Grasping her hand, Scott just shook his head,