Best Friends Again

Story Info
His reunion with old friend goes awry.
8.5k words
4.69
92.5k
164
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
griffin57
griffin57
567 Followers

I finished off the last of a lukewarm cup of coffee as Dr Marci Bauer approached me in the waiting room. Her smile told me all I needed to know before she even spoke. "Everything went well Richard: textbook perfect. She is in recovery and should be awake within the next few hours."

"Thanks Doctor. I am sure that if she could, she would thank you herself."

I rose off the chair and briefly hugged the tall doctor in appreciation.

"My pleasure." Her eyes twinkled a bit. "Normally this is where I tell family or friends to go easy on my patients. But I think that she'll be in good hands with you. When she wakes up tell her that I will be by and check on her in the morning."

As the doctor walked away my thoughts flowed back to some of the circumstances that brought me here this day. My name is Richard Mason and I found out, at an early age that I liked to write songs. I must be fairly decent because I have never had the need to get a "real" job. I live in Salt Lake City Utah and I went to Skyline High school in the valley. I had mediocre grades and few friends. My best friend, Kenny Myers, and I had been together since Kindergarten.

We were both picked on. Kenny, because he was nerdy and kept to himself; me because I was nerdy and stuck up for him. Let me tell you, high school sucked! Kenny was one of the few great memories I had of that era. Well, that is till I found out that his Mom had been transferred to Boulder. We were just finishing our Junior year when he spilled the beans about him having to move away. I wasn't totally devastated, but it was close. See, Kenny's dad died when he was 10 so his Mom took over as bread winner for the family. She did a bang-up job supporting him and his twin sister Karen. But the big corporation Katherine Myers worked for was now sending her to Colorado.

That summer was one of the worse I had ever had. The two of us wrote back and forth for awhile and phoned occasionally. The letters came less frequent and the calls vanished altogether, until we had lost touch completely. My parents and my own sister, Laurie tried to fill in the gap, but it wasn't the same.

Just before Labor day I won a local radio station song contest and a local singer broke out into the biz singing my little ditty. He was on the bottom of the charts, but at least he was there. A few more songs from me and a year or two later I started getting some good royalties. My senior year was better because of my slight celebrity status, but I still missed Kenny.

Fast forward 6 years: Mom and Dad had already moved to California to be with my sister who pumped out twins after her marriage to a San Joaquin wine vintner. Since I wasn't doing bad and I preferred Salt Lake, I gave them my blessing. Bought a house up in the Wasatch foothills and worked on more songs. I didn't go out much and was in between girl friends, not that there were many. In fact, I almost lived like a hermit. I guess I never realized how lonely I was. Then one day lightning struck.

" Richard, Richard Mason?" came the voice from my cell phone.

"Hello" I replied cautiously, thinking it was a telemarketer.

"It's Kenny, Richard."

"Kenny? Ken--" Then the nickel Dropped. "Kenny Myers? Buddy, how are you?" I almost shouted into the phone.

"I am well, Richard" He sounded a little excited also. "You will never guess. If I get this job I applied for, I going to move back to Salt Lake."

"Holy shit! When?"

"I have an interview in 2 weeks at LaTrafois. I finished culinary school and they need another Chef."

"You had better be believing you're going to stay with me buddy."

There was a hesitation. "I don't know Richard. Maybe I had better get a hotel." Another pause. " I've changed a bit."

"Changed a bit? What, did you grow another head?" I became serious. "Listen pal, you're not going to insult me by weaseling out. You're staying with me and that's final!"

Well, he finally acquiesced and gave me his flight information. We shot the shit some more and I hung up knowing the 'Dynamic Duo' would soon be back together. I was on cloud nine. I planned on picking him up from the airport after 1pm on a Friday and his interview was on Tuesday, giving us the whole weekend to catch up. I never realized how much "catching up" we would have to do. Ever heard of the phrase "be careful what you wish for?"

Kenny's flight arrived an hour late due to a snow squall over the Rockies, but finally his plane landed and the passengers entered the concourse. I watched for my friend but he never showed. When the flight crew arrived I knew something was amiss. I approached the booth for the plane's company and asked if Kenny Myers had made the flight. The attendant checked her computer screen as I took another look at the passengers milling about.

I noticed a very shapely brunette with shoulder length hair, looking my way. She turned her head after she notice me checking her out. Wow! She was hot with a capital H. Her leather, fur lined bomber jacket, accentuated her ass perfectly. And might I say, It was a fine ass indeed. Her eyes met mine again and I almost forgot about Kenny. The attendant's voice broke the spell.

"I don't see a "Kenny Myers on the flight, but I do have a K. Myers. That must be him."

I heard my name spoke just above a whisper and turned around. Miss bomber jacket was standing right in front of me. She resembled Minnie Driver, only hotter. Her soft brown eyes were just as beautiful as the rest of her.

"Hi Richard." Christ! Her voice was even sexy!

I smiled and wondered what I did to deserve this kind of luck. "Do I- know you miss?"

"It's me Richard, Kenny."

Well I may not be a lady's man, but I know what's going on. I'm hip. I'm happening. I looked right at her and said "Huh?"

"Richard. I'm Kenny." I could tell by her expression, she appeared apprehensive.

Over the next moment or two I did a decent impression of a guy whose dentist had just shot his mouth full of Novocain. "Whaaaaa whaaaaa whaaa. Kenny?" I finally stammered.

"It's me Richard." She nibble on her lower lip. " I told you I had changed a bit."

"Holy shit!, I'll say!" I hoped I didn't look as stunned as I felt. This did not compute! My best 'guy' friend had somehow changed into a beautiful woman.

She turned and started walking away. "I knew this was a bad idea." she spit under her breath.

Miss bomber jacket got about 30 feet away before the shock wore off. I ran after her and gently, but firmly grabbed her elbow. She turned toward me as tears flowed down her cheeks, ruining her makeup. For some strange reason, this was killing me to see her hurting like this.

"Leave me alone" she cried.

"I'm sorry Kenny. Y-you got to admit, you threw me a curve."

"Just forget I was here Richard. I'll go away."

"Not before we talk Ken--. Well, I can't go on calling you Kenny, now can I?"

"My name is Kim now." She volunteered.

"Kim" I rolled the name around getting use to it. "Ok Kim, there's a coffee shop over there and we have all the time in the world. I'm a great listener and you are still my friend. What do you say?" I pulled a clean handkerchief from my back pocket and handed it to her. Her tears stopped and I saw the briefest wisp of a smile.

"OK" she sniffed.

Four bad cups of coffee later I knew her story. After Kenny moved to Colorado with his family, depression clouded his life. He finished his senior year with less than spectacular grades. So he found a job in the kitchen of a 2 star restaurant while he figured out what he wanted to do for a living. This turned out to be a good move because he thrived there. Kenny seemed skillfully adept at preparing food for the chefs to use and soon they were teaching him tricks of the trade. He was encouraged to go to culinary school and his mom admitted that she could afford to send him the following year, since it was going to be in Boulder anyway. Things were definitely brighter than before.

Unfortunately Kenny's private life was still a mess. One day his sister, Karen came home early and caught him trying on her clothing. She wasn't really mad, as the two of them were close anyway. He opened up to her about his feelings. It seems he never felt comfortable in his own skin. He never had a girlfriend and he admitted to her that he found guys attractive. He didn't feel that he was gay, but was confused by it all. She sympathized with how he felt and lead him into her bathroom. A wardrobe change, hairstyle (his was long anyway) and a little bit of makeup later, Kenny's reflection in the mirror showed a beautiful young lady. He - she stood there with tears of joy ruining her makeup.

Their Mom came home from work and after the initial shock, told Kenny that it would be all right. Six months of counseling later he was diagnosed with gender dysphoria and that he was a girl trapped in a guy's body. After some discussion the three came to the conclusion that Kenny's best bet, saving his sanity, was to transition to female. More counseling, a slow wardrobe conversion and tutoring from Mom and Karen gave Kenny's confidence a huge boost. Since his job at the restaurant was gender neutral and that they loved his work; he, or shall I say she, was fully accepted.

She took the name Kimberly Ann and was given permission from her counselor to go ahead and start hormonal treatments and the first of her transformation surgeries. Breast augmentation and laser hair removal both took well. A few surgical alterations to her face and a trachea shave later, changed her look entirely. The State of Colorado officially changed her driver's license status to female and she started culinary school with a very good recommendation from the head chef where she worked. Kim still worked at the restaurant on weekends and finally graduated from school with very high marks. Her mentor was saddened by the news that she wanted to move back to Salt Lake, but he understood and between him and Paula, her instructor, was given an incredible recommendation. This lead her to the interview she had next week.

I don't know what was the bigger surprise, me taking everything in stride or me hanging on her every word. The more she talked, the more relaxed she was. It seemed that becoming Kimberly gave her the confidence that Kenny never had. But the one thing that troubled me was how easy it was to get lost in her eyes.

"Richard. Are you there?" she asked with an incredible smile.

"Sorry Kim. I guess I zoned out for a moment there." Embarrassed I looked at my watch and then through the window. I had been listening for hours and it was already dark. "We had better head for home, it looks like it's beginning to snow again."

"You sure you want me to stay with you-- considering?" She queried.

Did her eyes always sparkle like that? "Hey, you're not backing out on me now girl. Besides I cleaned the house from top to bottom for you."

Her face lit up and her smile did it's best to curl my toes. "Well, since you put it that way"

We grabbed her luggage and headed for my Blazer. "Hungry?" I asked.

"Famished! Can we hit an Artic Circle? Seven years and I'm still going through withdraw." She giggled.

A minor detour netted us some dinner and we soon pulled into my garage. She grabbed the food while I hustled the luggage inside. I showed her to the spare room and put her stuff on the bed. She shucked her jacket and hung it in the closet. She wore a green knit sweater that showed off a modicum of cleavage and hugged some extremely nice curves. Damn, she was built!

"Like my sweater?" she smiled slyly.

My eyes snapped away and I mumble something about our food getting cold. I hoped the light was turned low enough for her to miss my reddening features. We ate our burgers and fries at the small kitchen table, setting across from each other.

"Mmm I almost forgot how good these burgers and fries were. They don't have Artic Circle in Colorado." We were almost done when I found her looking at me in undisguised amusement.

"What?"

"You've got ---." She reached out her finger and ran it along the left side of my mouth and slid it into hers. "Mmm. Fry sauce."

Through a voice about two octaves higher than normal, I asked her if she wanted to watch TV or talk some more. She said that she would love to, but she was exhausted and wanted to unpack and go to bed. I picked up our mess and headed for the living room. My guitar was calling me from it's stand and soon I was immersed in a soft rendition of Stairway to Heaven. After 15 minutes or so I caught Kim watching me and smiling. She had changed into pajamas; a Running Ute's, University of Utah, long sleeve Jersey that barely covered her ass.

"You play even better than you use to. You don't know how much I missed that." Her soft, smile registered somewhere between innocent and sexy. "Richard, thank you; for accepting me and letting me stay here. I swear I will cook for you and pull my weight around the house."

"Not to worry Kim. We'll work out a schedule." I got up off the sofa and laid my guitar down. She crossed the distance between us and put her arms around my neck to hug me. Her scent was overwhelming and my arms found their way around her waist. She mumbled thanks, kissed my cheek and scurried off to her room. I replied a whispered "you're welcome" and wondered if I was I would be able to sleep that night. Four hours later, I was still wondering the same thing.

I found myself sitting on a chair in the middle of a room. Tables around me held diners, eating and engaged in low conversation. A set of double doors opened and Kimberly emerged in a breath-taking black lace bra and panty set. She wore a pair of black lace nylons atop a pair of shiny, black, "fuck me" heals. Her eyes were locked on me as she sauntered my way. I didn't know if I could move or even wanted to. She straddled my lap, facing me and leaned her head forward. My neck was slowly forced back as far as the chair would allow. She reached over and took a large peach slice from my plate and put one end in her mouth. The other end found it's way into mine as our lips press together. The fruit was soon replaced by her tongue and for a moment, I thought Kim was going to suck the breath from my body.

"How did you like that bright eyes?" Her voice was husky and oozed sexual energy.

"Richard! --Hey, bright eyes. You going to wake up?"

"What? Huh?" I muttered. Daylight stabbed my room and Kim was tickling my foot.

"You getting up or am I gonna have to haul your butt out of bed?"

The typical 'It was only a dream' scenario bounced around the back of my brain. "Yeah. I'm getting up," I grumbled.

"I don't know what you were dreaming about Richard, but it sounded like you were having fun." Kim laughed. She left the room, still chattering. "I was going to make you a nice omelet, but it's hard to do with three eggs, two hotdogs and a box of stale Captain Crunch. Get dressed 'cause you're taking me to breakfast and then I'm going to buy you some real groceries.

The weekend raced by and we fell into a rhythm. It was strange and natural at the same time. Apparently, Kim was the person Kenny was meant to be. If it weren't for the fact that my old friend had turned into a stone cold fox; it would have really seemed like old times. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get her transition out of my mind and frankly, how much I was attracted to her, bothered me. She totally assimilated my every waking moment. Her scent, her smile, her body haunted me, like water to a man dying of thirst. She became the distraction, I never saw coming. Monday after lunch I asked her a question that I had wondered about for years.

"When your Mom transferred to Colorado; why was it so sudden?"

Kim snuggled down into the sofa, her knees propped under her chin and averted her eyes. "I didn't know myself until after we moved. Mom asked for the transfer herself. She must have caught something that I didn't see. She explained to me that it looked like I was falling for one of my classmates, at school. She didn't want me to get labeled before I graduated. So we moved. My best guess was that she realized that I liked boys even before I knew. We didn't know that I was a transgender then. "

"Was It someone that I knew Kim?"

She hesitated looking a bit flushed. "Yes Richard, but don't ask me who because it would kill me if he ever found out."

"I don't need to know." I reassured her. " Don't worry Kim. I won't asked again."

The appointed time for the interview arrived and we walked into La Trafois. I took a seat in the lounge when Kim was ushered into the kitchen. Scant minutes later she returned grabbing my hand and spoke in a hushed voice.

"He wanted to meet you." And then even lower." Pretend you're my boyfriend!"

What the hell was I getting myself into? Kim almost pushed me into the kitchen. The place was huge and clean to the point of blinding. A very large man smiled as we approached him. I couldn't help but think he looked a lot like the actor John Ryes Davies; Indiana Jones Egyptian friend Sala.

"Honey." Kim said, taking my arm. "This is Sam Travonti, Head Chef and owner of La Trafois. Sam this is my friend, Richard Mason."

The big man shook my hand. "Pleasure to meet you sir." His face was beaming with sincerity. Pleasantries were exchanged and the two chefs fell into 'shop' talk. I begin to feel out of place and then suddenly he asked Kim if she would like to try out the kitchen. After a quick inspection of food available, she started working. I must admit, I have seen a cooking show or two and Kim looked like she could hold her own with the best of them. After we had eaten, Sam thanked her for an excellent performance. I have to admit, fettuccini Alfredo with seafood is one of my favorites and this was the best, by far, that I had ever eaten. He hugged her with a grip that a python would have envied, shook my hand and whispered, "Beauty and talent. You are indeed fortunate my friend."

"When will I be notified if I get the position Sam?" She wondered.

His baritone voice almost rattled a group of hanging pans as he laughed. "You mean you don't know Kimberly? The job has always been yours. Your instructor, Paula Mason and I go way back. She said you would be marvelous and exactly who I was looking for. She was correct. This wasn't an interview, Kimberly. It was a meet and greet. That is why I asked you to bring your young man in."

Kim's expression changed from surprise to a knowing smile. "If I already had the position then why did I cook for you?"

"Because I was hungry my dear." He chortled. "Now I expect to see you at eleven sharp tomorrow morning. We need to get you acquainted with the staff."

Kim beamed and hugged the large man as he continued laughing. As we were leaving Sam bellowed. "I expect you both at my Gala event next Saturday. Be dressed to kill Kimberly. I am introducing my newest Chef and I want her to look stunning."

I am not even sure if Kim's feet touched the ground on the way out to the Blazer. She squealed and hugged me. I held the door open for her and didn't even think twice about it.

"Please tell me you have a suit or sport's jacket." Kim quipped

"Only the one I was buried in." I replied sarcastically.

"Men!" She shook her head. " If you are going to escort me, we had better get you looking presentable."

"Escort you?"

"Yes, my handsome 'boy friend' is going to escort me!" She turned to face me looking very determined. "Got it?"

I swallowed Hard. "Yes Mum! Will that be all Mum?"

She playfully smacked me with her glove. "To the mall Kato!" she commanded.

"To the mall!" I repeated. As we pulled away from the curb, I wondered at what point in time, did I completely loose my sanity.

"No, I told you I will not go in there!"

"Please Richard, I need your opinion."

"No way, Kim! Look, I got a nice suit. You got some shoes and a dress. You even bought a new coat. But I draw a line at Victoria Secrets!"

griffin57
griffin57
567 Followers