Beyond the Were War Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Because I want my justice. I want these bastards dead."

Renee shook her head. "We have treaties, we have to remain within the law. We can't just go out there and kill for you. Why would we involve ourselves in a drug war?"

"You are already involved but don't know it. The drug war is coming for you. Juan is desperate to retrieve a 'Maria.' She is very important to him, I don't know why, but he's willing to spend millions to get her back. You have her."

"Yes, we have her. She was tortured and raped by him and others for two years before she was rescued and brought here to recover. She found her mate among us, she is now part of our Pack." Robert looked around the room. "NO ONE harms one of our Pack. He won't get near her." The Betas nodded their heads silently, each knowing that they would die for their own mates and to protect their Pack. "So again, why not just tell the DEA?"

"The DEA is corrupt, the cartels have bought them off. They give up some small time guys, the occasional big bust to show how the 'drug war' is working, but it's a drop in the bucket. It's just a business expense to them, we catch a wheelbarrow while the semi truck rolls past. The cartels have money, technology, manpower- they hire highly skilled people with military and intelligence backgrounds to do their work. What they can't control directly they buy. The DEA deputy agent in command in Albuquerque is controlled by the cartels, as are a number of public officials. If I turn the information over, they will hear about it and avoid capture."

"Aren't there people you can trust?"

"Not enough. They own law enforcement, the courts, the border. Even the CIA is in bed with them. Langley is propping up the Soccora cartel. They are giving them guns, money and intelligence in the hope of damaging the more dangerous Gulf and Cali cartels. Juan is a ruthless druglord, but he's THEIR druglord so he can't be touched. In short, they won't find justice in our system. That's why I have to go outside of government to seek my justice. I need your help to hurt them badly."

Renee looked at him, staring into his eyes and finding him to be truthful. "So then, what is this information you need us to see?"

Enrique asked for a flash drive to be plugged into the computer and projector in the room soon filled the screen with the presentation he had worked on during the drive down. He showed them the structure of the cartel, with photos of the major players and background. "I'll leave you this data so you can get any info you need, this is just the highlights. I really want to focus on these files." With that, he replayed the phone calls he recently intercepted. "As you can see, you can expect a large, highly trained paramilitary force to attack your Pack in the next 48 hours with the intent of retrieving Maria. They will be heavily armed and their weapons will be tailored to werewolves- silver bullets with Wolfsbane cores. They won't care how many they kill to achieve this, they are being well paid for this."

Enrique had to stop talking, the room was alive with low growls, the wolves were straining to hold back the shift at the threat to their pack. Finally, Robert stood up and glared at them, his Alpha influence enough to shove their wolves back. He looked over at Renee. "I believe that under the law, Pack lands are governed by Pack law in the event of an attack, right?"

Renee shook her head. "Yes, if it was off our land we would be under Federal or State jurisdiction, but we have been granted autonomy if they knowingly trespass."

"Good. Under Pack law, if they attack their lives are forfeit. None are to be left alive. We will make them vanish as if they never existed."

Enrique smiled. "I believe we understand each other perfectly. If you will excuse me, I need to get back to Texas and resume my duties before anyone notices my absence. It has been an honor meeting you."

Robert and Renee shook his hand, and Robert handed him a card with direct contact numbers. "The first number is my private cell, the second and the email is our security post. It is manned 24/7."

"Thank you. I will speak in code, your Aunt Mable is the raiding party. If I get additional details about when she is arriving or her travel path, I'll let you know so you can welcome her when she arrives."

"Thank you again. You are a friend to the Gila Pack, let us know if you need anything." With that, Andy and Linda escorted him out the door and back to their vehicle. They would drive him back to the library to pick up his car.

Once he was gone, the meeting took a somber change. "OK, we know who and about when. I need defensive plans readied NOW." He looked at Jose, his third in command. "I'm putting you in charge of those not fighting. I want the women and children in the caves, guarded by a third of our warriors. Let those know who have relatives in nearby packs that this would be a good time to visit, they just have to keep it low key. We don't want to advertise something is wrong." His eyes then dropped down to Renee's. "Love, I want you to go visit your brother. I don't want you anywhere near this when it goes down."

Renee bristled. "I'm the Alpha Bitch of this Pack, I'm meant to be here, not hidden away."

"I know you are, but you are also recovering from serious wounds and pregnant with twins. I won't be able to focus on the threat knowing you are in danger, and I know you too well to think you will stay in the caves and not fight. You are strong, but I am not when it comes to the thought of losing you. Please, go see them. Take Michelle and a few others, you can charter a plane and be there in the morning." Renee sighed, defeated. "Thank you."

Everyone stood as Robert held out his hand for Renee. "We meet here in two hours. Meet with your groups and be ready to update me on your plans." They stayed standing still until their Alphas had left the room, then the meeting quickly broke up.

As they were leaving, Anna entered the room to clean up the refreshments and drinks that had been provided for the meeting. She made it a step into the room before freezing, her eyes starting to glow as her wolf pushed forward. "MATE!" She had her nose up, sniffing, frantically looking for the source of that smell that made her insides squishy and called to her very nature. The Betas stood to the side, waiting for her to clear each of them, since she was one of the new members that had joined from the Santa Fe pack with Renee. She followed the scent out of the room and the building, making it outside just in time to see the vehicle leaving. Shifting into her small brown and tan wolf, she took off after it, giving up the chase only when she reached the limits of the Pack lands. She howled her loss before turning back. She would find out who was in that car, mark him and never let him go.

Johnson Pack Tents

Montana

Derek angrily paced outside the tent as he spoke on the satellite phone, his anger washing off him in waves. Robert wouldn't send his mate away without there being danger, but he was carefully talking around it as if nothing was going on. "Of course, Robert, we'd love to have her visit. Amanda misses her and she is always welcome here. We will keep her and any others you send safe and entertained."

"I appreciate that, Derek. We don't have much time, I need her to travel in the morning."

"No problem, we've got a plane on standby and can be at the airport by eight AM. Say, as long as we're sending a plane, I've got a few unattached males who have requested to visit other packs. They'd like to do some hunting as well, some of them are great shots and would love to do some long-range hunting on varmint down in the desert. Do you think they could come?"

"Yes, we'd love to show them around. We've got a big event coming up tomorrow, tell them to bring lots of ammo. They were talking smack with my guys. Talk is cheap,they better be able to back it up out there."

"Sounds great, I'll put a dozen or so on the jet and you can send it back with Renee and her friends. I'm sure she misses the cool mountain air by now."

"Thanks Derek. Are you going to tell Amanda she is coming or keep it a surprise?"

"Robert, I think this week is going to be full of surprises. They can stay as long as they want, just let me know and I'll jet them back to you. Thanks for the call." Derek turned off the phone and walked around, he didn't want to upset Amanda quite yet. His protective streak had gone off the charts since she said she was pregnant. They hadn't told the pack yet, he thought it would be fun to wait until Renee was here to share the news. He mind linked his Betas and the warriors he had in mind and told them to meet him at the ruins of the lodge in five minutes. Stripping and shifting to his wolf form, he took off, hoping to burn some of his frustration out before they got there.

Two hours later, a dozen of his toughest warriors were wheels up with their gear. They had two sniper teams of two each, each outfitted with Barrett .50 caliber rifles ideal for long range shots, and plenty of ammo including armor piercing. Robert was a good man and now his kin with Renee's mating, and they took care of their own.

12