Black Men Who Don't Date Black Women

Story Info
An explanation of the phenomenon.
1.3k words
2.07
18.9k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,122 Followers

Greetings, folks. This right here is the story of a young man who's led a very interesting and remarkable life and learned something valuable at the end of his tribulations. Who is the hero of this tale? A young black man named James Francois Guillaume who enrolled at Byron College in the city of Milton, Massachusetts, in the summer of 2004. The tale of a man of character who found himself caught in two worlds and discovered that the answer to his problems was to be true to himself.

Upon receiving his acceptance letter on that glorious day in May 2004, James was quite thrilled at the opportunity which he has been given. Byron College is a small private school with eight thousand students. It's unlike any place he's ever visited. Byron College is considered one of the top schools in New England. James gets to go there on a student-athlete scholarship for soccer. It's the chance of a lifetime. Little does he know that the school is not exactly the idyllic place he thought it was.

The first thing he noticed was the dearth of black men and black women on campus. Last year, James attended Brockton High School and he didn't feel like a minority there. The school was teeming with African-American, Haitian, Cape Verdean, Hispanic and Asian students. Not Byron College, which had a student body that was eighty percent white. Oh, well. James took all that in stride. The last thing he needed was to get a complex over issues he knew he couldn't change. So he settled into the men's dormitories and focused on studying business books ( that's his major) and playing soccer.

The first time he showed up for practice and a physical at the Byron College Field House, he realized that the men's soccer team was full of black and Hispanic players. A fact which thrilled him, though he kept it to himself. In his experience, most soccer players on high school and college teams in America were either black or Hispanic. White guys didn't much care for soccer. The majority of them preferred more popular sports such as football, basketball, wrestling, swimming, ice hockey and lacrosse.

While extremely rigorous in academic matters, Byron College was a student-athlete's paradise. The athletic department sponsored men's varsity baseball, basketball, cross country, soccer, swimming, ice hockey, wrestling, fencing, water polo, lacrosse, golf, tennis, rugby, rifle, pistol, cycling, volleyball, football and track & field along with women's varsity softball, equestrian, gymnastics, rifle, cycling, field hockey, basketball, cross country, soccer, swimming, ice hockey, wrestling, fencing, water polo, lacrosse, golf, tennis, volleyball, rugby and track & field. The men's and women's sports teams, known as the Flying Rams and Lady Rams, respectively, competed in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division Two.

James Guillaume growing fascination with his new school was just beginning to unfold. He had simply never been exposed to such a world before. Byron College was nearly two hundred years old and had produced countless inventors, congressmen, senators, businessmen, authors and activists. Distinguished men and women whom history and society remembered for their contributions and the remarkable lives they led. Byron College was an elite institution. It was quite possibly the top liberal arts school in the region. They welcomed him to their ranks and he strove to prove himself worthy. That was the work ethic his parents instilled in him. He busied himself studying and playing soccer. The men's soccer team was quite efficient. They rolled over their longtime rivals, the men's soccer team of Stonehill College in the town of Easton, Massachusetts. For James, life was good. His scholarship covered room and board, along with tuition and books. As long as he played well and maintained his GPA, he ought to be all set. He knew that his golden opportunity could be taken away at the drop of a hat.

Even though he was fast becoming the star player of the popular soccer team of an elite private school, he was still a poor young black man from Brockton. Some of the rich white guys and rich white girls at Byron College constantly reminded him of that. James didn't pay them any mind. He ignored them completely, focusing on his schoolwork and his game. His only friends were the young black and Hispanic guys from the men's soccer team. Most of them were poor dudes from small towns. They didn't walk around with a sense of entitlement like the rich white brats. James formed a sort of brotherhood with them. They were his friends, and they stuck together.

Something which irked James is the fact that there were lots of rich black brats at Byron College and they were just as stuck-up as their white counterparts. Prejudice wasn't a racial thing. More than once, James was made to feel unwelcome by a young black man or young black woman from one of his classes who thought he was just a dumb jock. James had to laugh at that. He maintained a 3.89 GPA while his scholarship only required him to get 2.5 and they had the guts to call him dumb? He was in honors classes and took a full load every semester. He didn't know what their problem was and to be honest, he didn't give a damn.

James Francois Guillaume, J.F. to his friends, is a strong black man. He's intelligent, goal-oriented and very much a distinguished young gentleman in his own right. However, he is still a man and men have needs. The brotherhood he shared with his fellow soccer players was instrumental in lifting his spirits when he was down and preserving his sanity in the face of ridicule and mistreatment from the wealthy students of Byron College. However, his brothers couldn't be his everything, as much as he loved them. He had other needs too.

He didn't realize how powerful those needs were and what denying them was costing his mind and body until he met Lara Brown. The first time he laid eyes on her, he was smitten. The five-foot-ten, voluptuous and pretty-faced, decidedly gorgeous young woman with the caramel-like skin and curly black hair simply took his breath away. Lara Brown was a beauty in a league of her own. She was captain of the women's volleyball team and also the president of the only black sorority on campus. She was the daughter of wealthy and influential parents. All the black male students on campus wanted her and James was no exception.

Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. He found that out the first time he approached her. They simply came from different worlds. Black men and black women are constantly on the lookout for prejudice. Sometimes, they forget that their own people can be their deadliest enemies. Nothing hates a black person like another black person could. When James approached Lara and asked her out, she called him the N word and told him to get out of her sight. She didn't date his kind. Stunned, he stood, mouth open and silent as she and her clique of wealthy lady friends walked away. He returned to his dorm, feeling angry and humiliated. When he told his teammates about this, they told him what they already knew. The sons and daughters of wealthy black families were the most prejudiced of all students at Byron College. They treated less fortunate black students like they were less than human. James nodded as his teammates told him of their experiences. He learned his lesson. For the rest of his time at Byron College, he never approached an African-American female again.

In 2007, ahead of his class, he earned his bachelors degree in business from Byron College. He also led his team to the NCAA Division Two men's soccer championships this year. The Major League Soccer scouts came calling, and a team from Los Angeles signed up for three million dollars. James Guillaume was on his way to becoming a very wealthy and powerful man. To this day, he still doesn't date black women. Most college-educated black men don't either. I wonder why.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,122 Followers