Black Royalty in the Zulu Empire

Story Info
Zulu prince finds his magnificent bride at last.
2.1k words
2.5
16.6k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,123 Followers

The Region of Botswana, South Africa, circa 1211 A.D. The sun rose over the beautiful City of Dumazile, crown jewel of the Zulu people. Andile Bafana lay in his bed, feeling a tiredness that had nothing to do with the mercilessness of the Southern African sun that was high in the sky. The six-foot-three, ebony-skinned young man finally got up. As the son of King Fundani, Warrior Chief of the Zulu people and the grandson of Zulu Emperor Gabangaye, he had certain expectations he had to meet. That's why he left the beautiful mansion made of polished wood in which he dwelled. As he walked through the busy streets of Dumazile, he was greeted by men and women from all walks of life. Commoners and aristocrats alike always paused and smiled when they saw the Prince of the City.

Andile Bafana smiled at them, but inside he felt no joy. The City of Dumazile sat in the heart of Botswana country, and the Zulu people always had to defend their crown jewel from rival tribes. Andile Bafana walked with a strong stride as he made his way to the Royal Palace. As the Prince of the City, it would be his dwelling someday. For now, it was the house where his father, King Fundani dwelled with his mother, Queen Gabisile. The short, stocky and dark-skinned King Fundani had proven himself to be a mighty ruler. Thirty six years ago when he took power following the death of Emperor Gabangaye at the hands of Persian invaders from the Desert Realm, many of the Zulus doubted Fundani's ability to rule. The Zulus were a tall people, and they were notorious for their fierce beauty, their gorgeous Black skin and their great height. Yet King Fundani was short and round. He definitely didn't look like the average Zulu man. And his skin was slightly lighter than most Zulus, which made sense since his mother came from the land of the Brahmin.

King Fundani had proven himself time and again by defending the Zulu Empire from rival tribes across Southern Africa and the constant threat of the Persian invaders. The Sons of Islam had many designs on South Africa. Already the Mali Kingdom had fallen to them, and the King of Mali himself had converted to Islam. The people of South Africa, particularly the proud and unconquerable Zulus, continued to worship the Gods and Goddesses of the African Motherland. For this reason, they were targeted by the harsh-voiced and bronze-skinned men who dwelled in the North African desert and waged war against anyone with beliefs different from their own. The last time the Persian King sent his armies against the people of Southern Africa, the Zulus rose as one and slaughtered the Persian legions. The Persian King never forgave the Zulus their victory over him. And his people swore revenge. To protect his Kingdom from the Arab threat, the King of the Zulus ordered the construction of massive walls around the most important cities and towns of South Africa. The City of Dumazile had a population of eight hundred thousand and was considered the most important place in the Zulu Empire. It wasn't the biggest town, not by far. The City of Gamalakhe to the south boasted of a population of three million souls. However, metropolitan Dumazile was the Capital of the Zulu Empire. Thus, it had the largest of all ramparts. Under no circumstances could it be allowed to fall to the enemy.

As Prince of the City and future Heir of the Zulu Empire, Andile Bafana was well aware of all this. Upon entering the Royal Palace, he was greeted by his good friend and fellow warrior, the esteemed Prince Gatsha. The tall, lean and wiry Gatsha was one of the toughest Black men that Andile Bafana knew. Gatsha was born to a Zulu mother and a foreign-born father from distant Nigeria. He didn't have an easy life growing up because the Zulu customs forbade Zulu women from marrying foreign males. Of course, Zulu men could and did marry whomsoever they chose. That double standard never bothered anyone until the day Princess Jabhile married the Nigerian nobleman. It almost caused a war between the Zulus of Southern Africa and the ruthless, isolated tribes of Nigeria. Fortunately, peace prevailed. Nevertheless, Gatsha was considered an oddball by the people of metropolitan Dumazile in spite of his royal title and family wealth. The only person who embraced him was the infamous Prince Andile Bafana, the playboy of the Imperial Zulu world.

No one in the City of Dumazile knew that Andile Bafana and Gatsha, the two Princes, were actually lovers. Everybody knew they were the best of friends. At the University of Dumazile, where ten thousand of the Zulu Empire's wealthiest young men and young women studied to become the leaders of tomorrow, they were the toughest athletes. At chariot racing, archery and swimming, Andile Bafana and Gatsha were unrivaled. They went everywhere together. When Gatsha impregnated a Zulu noblewoman named Londiwe, scandal erupted in the Imperial Capital of the Zulus. For Londiwe was the wife of Khayalethu, a wealthy Zulu merchant. To save the life of his best friend ( and secret lover), Prince Andile Bafana brought the matter before his father King Fundani. The King allowed Prince Gatsha to pay six hundred pieces of gold to Londiwe the merchant to restore his family honor and permitted him to marry Londiwe, after the subsequent divorce. Now, Gatsha found himself a husband to Londiwe and the father of their son Lungelo. Andile was happy for Gatsha, even though this meant that he wouldn't be able to see his male lover anymore.

Today, they could finally be together. They retired to a private chamber in the Royal Palace and made love for hours. Afterwards, Andile told Gatsha about the difficult choices he faced. Andile Bafana was twenty six years old. According to Zulu law, he had to be married before his thirtieth birthday. The tall, handsome young Black man who would one day be King of the Zulu Empire had only one lover in his entire life. His beloved Gatsha. The thought of taking anyone else to his bed, male or female, turned his stomach. Although he found both women and men attractive, Andile LOVED Gatsha. What a shame that they could not marry!

That night, Andile Bafana stood on the roof of his mansion. He'd been drinking and felt the fresh air might do him some good. He looked at the shiny lights of the beautiful metropolis of Dumazile below. Tomorrow, he would be introduced to the young lady whom his mother Queen Gabisile had chosen for him. Andile and his mother didn't get along. She found his love for Gatsha to be obscene and unnatural. As for his father King Fundani, the old man pretended not to know about his only son's unusual sexual proclivities. Andile stood on the rooftop, feeling a deep pain in his chest. For a moment he considered jumping to his death. Then he thought of the shame his family would feel and closed his eyes, shaking his head. He couldn't do that to them. Suicide was considered a coward's act by the Zulu nations. Andile Bafana was a lot of things but he was not a coward. In battle against anyone from the Persian hordes in the deep desert to the ruthless tribes of neighboring kingdoms, he had proven his mettle.

As he stood there, he didn't notice someone walk up to him. With a start, he turned around, ready to thrust his two-foot sword into the intruder. A Prince never went anywhere unarmed. It was against the law for male Zulus of adult age to go anywhere unarmed. Andile Bafana instantly relaxed when he saw who it was. It was Fikile, Gatsha's cousin. The tall, curvy young Black woman with the round face and smooth, shaved head looked at him with worry in her eyes. Andile Bafana smiled at Fikile. The young woman smiled at him, and asked him what he was up to. Andile looked at Fikile. She was over six feet tall, just like Gatsha. Like him, she had mixed parentage. Nigerian and South African. Fikile was known for her fiery temper, her fierce beauty and her prominent buttocks. Even among the lovely, curvy and big-bottomed, dark-skinned women of the Zulu Empire, Fikile had a behind that stood apart. Andile frowned. How odd that he'd never thought about her butt before. It looked really nice.

Fikile stared at him, her arms crossed over her big breasts. She looked pointedly at Andile Bafana and told him to fess up. And amazingly, the Prince obeyed. Maybe it was the wine or whatever, but Andile Bafana felt like unburdening himself. And so he broke the promise he made Gatsha years ago. A promise to never reveal the secret of their love for each other. He told Fikile about his sexual and romantic affair with Gatsha. When he finished, he stared at her. What was she thinking? If she told anyone about this, he was finished. The Priests of Unkulunkulu, King of the Gods in the Zulu religion, were not very tolerant of homosexuals and lesbians. They felt that men who slept with men and women who lusted after other women were unnatural. And they persecuted them every chance they got. Fikile looked at Andile and saw the fear in the tall, handsome Prince's face. She smiled and told him that she understood. Then she told him a secret about herself. Andile Bafana's eyes widened when Fikile told him of her love affair with Jezile, a beautiful young woman from the countryside. Andile smiled. Come to think of it, he'd seen Fikile walk around with the short, round and big-bottomed, extremely dark-skinned gal from the farmlands. He had no idea anything funny was going on between them. Wow. He looked at Fikile and smiled. Fikile smiled at him. In a clear and calm voice, she told him that he was not alone. She told him that she found both males and females attractive. Andile Bafana thought about that. He did find both women and men attractive, but he'd never experienced love with anyone other than Gatsha. What did that make him? Fikile shrugged when he asked her that. Then she smiled and kissed him before disappearing into the night.

The next day, Prince Andile Bafana was summoned to the Royal Palace where he met with his parents, King Fundani and Queen Gabisile, rulers of the Zulu Empire. They told him that they had selected a bride for him. A week later, he reported to the Temple of Unkulunkulu, King of the Gods. Hundreds of men and women from the Empire's wealthiest families had been invited. Prince Andile Bafana stood there, dressed in his best clothes. He sighed as the veiled bride approached. Might as well get it over with, he thought dryly. Nearby, his best friend Gatsha stood with his wife Londiwe and their son. The King and Queen were present as well, along with High Priest Jabulani. The bride approached the groom, and the Priest joined their hands in marriage. Then came the moment when the groom removed the bride's veil so they could share their first kiss. Prince Andile Bafana unveiled his bride...and almost passed out. Fikile's beautiful face smiled at him. Coyly she winked at him. He looked at Gatsha, who nodded and smiled. The Prince looked at his parents, and King Fundani and Queen Gabisile smiled as well. Grinning, Fikile planted a kiss on the very dumbfounded Andile. The Prince tenderly wrapped his arms around his gorgeous bride, and they shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

All around them, thunderous applause erupted. The aristocrats of the Zulu Empire cheered as the Prince and Princess Consort exited the Temple of the Divine Unkulunkulu. Andile Bafana looked at Princess Fikile, mesmerized. She was beautiful and radiant. Not only that....she understood him and accepted him for what he was. He admired her gorgeous body in the resplendent white gown, and felt a strange desire course through him. Princess Fikile saw the love and lust dancing in his eyes, and told the conductor of the princely chariot to take them to the Royal Palace hastily. They had a marriage to consume. That night, Prince Andile Bafana and Princess Fikile made love for the first time. His first time with a woman. And her first time with the man she was destined to share her life with. Andile Bafana kissed his wife's hand after many bouts of passionate lovemaking. He thanked the Gods that they gave him a bride who was not just beautiful but also open-minded and understanding. He promised her that he would always be open, honest and respectful toward her. Princess Fikile smiled and hugged her beloved husband tenderly. Interesting times awaited both them and the Empire they were destined to rule. A time of unprecedented prosperity, peace and tolerance spread throughout Southern Africa under the Reign of King Andile Bafana and Queen Fikile. It was the Golden Age of the Zulu Empire.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,123 Followers