Blue Eyes Crying

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mr. Darling, I would marry her today if she would have me. I know that women dream of a nice wedding and many special things. I was hoping that we could possibly be married in six months. That should be more than enough time for her to get to know me better. As I mentioned, if she finds that marrying me is a mistake then all she has to do is tell me that she doesn't love me."

"Dad," said Mary. "You've always trusted my decisions before. I know this seems a little crazy but I love John. I cared for him in high school but didn't realize how much till last night."

"Sir, knowing Mary's likes and dislikes would not make me feel any different about her. I believe marriage is based on love, trust and communication. Mary agrees with me on those issues. All we ask is your blessing."

"What if you didn't get our blessing John? Would you and Mary run off and get married anyway?"

"No Sir, I want Mary to be truly happy. If she were to go against her parents wishes, she wouldn't be happy. You and Mrs. Darling are the two people she loves most in this world. I want to be part of the family, not divide it."

I looked over at Mary's mother and could tell she was on our side. I still didn't get a good read on her father. He was a very cautious man.

About that time, Tim and Alice came in with their two kids. It changed the tension in the room. Everyone did there hugs and kisses. Alice even gave me a hug and Tim shook my hand.

"Dad, what do you think of John here?" asked Tim.

"I'm not sure, he seems sincere but I just don't see the rush. I've never seen Mary react this way toward anyone before."

"It's because she's in love," said Alice. "I know because that's how I acted and felt when I met Tim. We watched them closely yesterday. Believe me Dad," said Alice. "They are in love."

The conversation was much lighter at the dinner table. I told Mr. and Mrs. Darling about my family and job. I explained that I was going to school to get my Journeyman card and would soon be a pipe fitter. Mr. Darling seemed somewhat impressed to know I was a hard worker with a future. I glanced at Mary and she was smiling at me.

After dinner, Mr. Darling looked at his wife; she nodded her head and smiled. "Mary, John, even though your mother and I feel this marriage is a bit sudden, you have our blessing."

Mary got up and went over to hug and kiss her parents. We could all see the real joy on her face. She came over and kissed me. I told her she could start making the plans for the wedding. I would go along with whatever she decided.

"Mary, I have ten thousand dollars saved we can use for the wedding. It is money I saved from when I was in the service."

"John," said Mr. Darling. "Save your money for a down payment on a house. It is our duty as well as our pleasure to pay for the wedding of our daughter. This morning Mary told us you have a good heart. I'm inclined to agree with her."

We left the Darling household and headed to my parents house so they could meet Mary. It was love at first sight. Mom even cried when Mary gave her a hug. She told Mary she always wanted a daughter and now she had one.

*****

It was getting late. The nurse came in and checked on Mary for the night. I turned off the TV and dimmed the light, then leaned back in my recliner and thought about Mary.

Our wedding was wonderful. We had such a great turn out. Mary's mother and father had accepted me and understood my love for her. There was nothing I wouldn't do for the woman I loved.

I thought about the first time we made love. It all happened as kind of a surprise. I wasn't going to push Mary till I knew she was ready. To be honest, I didn't know if she had ever had sex with anyone else.

About a month before the wedding, her family was going on a camping trip. They had a camper big enough to sleep five. Mr. and Mrs. Darling were taking Tim's two kids and Mary was planning on going.

They had the camper set up on a private lot near the river. Tim and Alice were going to come the next day to spend the day with them. There would be swimming and a cookout. Their family camped a few times a year. Mary didn't go every time but she thought this might be one of her last times since we were getting married in a month.

Everybody was talking about the fun they were going to have. Mrs. Darling looked over at me and said, "I'm sorry we don't have room in the camper for you John."

Mary replied, "Maybe you can come up and spend a day with us. We always have such a good time."

"Mrs. Darling, I have a tent that I use for camping out. Would it be possible for me to set it up somewhere near the camper? I have a sleeping bag and I could watch over the campfire."

She replied, "I don't see why not. You know Mary will be sleeping in the camper though."

"Of course, I understand. It will be nice just being near her," I said with a genuine smile.

Mary was so happy and so was I. Her family seemed religious and I assumed they didn't believe in pre-marital sex. Mary might be twenty-four, but she was still their little girl.

When I got there, I set up my tent and put my sleeping bag in it. The kids played in it during the day. They asked if they could sleep in it but their grandma said no. There wasn't enough room for three people and they would be sleeping in the camper.

I saw Mary in a one-piece bathing suit for the first time. She looked gorgeous. We all played in the river and later roasted hot dogs over a campfire. It was nice, all of us sitting together just enjoying the outdoors. It was getting late and Mrs. Darling put the kids to bed.

Mary was the last one to get up from around the fire. We kissed a number of times before she went inside. I wanted so much to be with her. I knew I only had to wait for one more month.

I was lying in my tent with the only light shining in being the moon when I heard a creak that sounded like the camper door. I glanced up and saw Mary stooping down to crawl into my tent.

"Mind if I join you for a little while?" asked Mary.

"You know I don't, but what about your parents?"

"No, they have to stay in the camper," she laughed. "I wanted to be with you."

She crawled up and laid on me and we started kissing. She had a short pajama set on which I quickly unbuttoned as she fed me her breasts. I stopped thinking as I gently sucked each breast.

"I want you so bad. It's going to be so hard to wait another month," I said.

"The waiting is over John. I want you to make love to me tonight. I have wanted you as much as you have wanted me."

When she said that, I rolled her onto her back and began kissing her from her lips to her breasts. I slid my hand down into her loose shorts and over her mound. I went lower and felt the wetness of her sex.

She raised her hips and slid off her shorts and panties. I slipped off my shorts as well. I was fingering her until she said, "John, take me now; make love to me."

I slid between her thighs and she took hold of my very hard cock and guided it into her pussy. She felt so damn good. We moved in a slow rhythm, with both of us reaching a climax. I don't have any idea how long we made love that night but I know we fell asleep next to each other.

It was very early in the morning when I woke up. I was scared when I realized that Mary was still next to me. All I needed was for her parents to catch us together in the tent.

I woke Mary and she quickly put her pajamas back on and said, "I love you", before slipping back into the camper.

It wasn't an hour later when Mary came out to the tent in her bathing suit and asked me if I wanted to have a morning swim. It was then she told me that she made it into the camper just in time. As her mom and dad woke up, she acted as if she just did too and said she was going for a swim.

She laughed and told me she needed to get the remnants of our lovemaking off her body. We were in the water for about twenty minutes when her parents and the kids joined us. By then we'd pretty much cleaned off.

I was remembering after our honeymoon, Mary told me that her mom had said she had a special glow about her. She realized Mary had the same glow the month before when we went camping. Her mom just smiled at her.

Mary also told me that when Alice and Tim came to the campgrounds, she'd noticed Mary's glow also. The only difference was Alice looked at Mary, smiled and said, "You got laid didn't you?"

Mary said she just turned red but didn't answer Alice.

I can't remember how many times I repeated that story to Mary in the last six months, but every time it brought that beautiful smile to her face and tears to my blue eyes.

I'd been reminiscing with Mary about all the good things in our life for several months. We really did have a wonderful, almost fairy tale life. We seldom argued but the few times we did we were always able to talk things out.

Communication was probably the greatest asset between us. We always did our best to be honest with each other. As our kids were born, we even forged a stronger bond as a family, teaching them right from wrong, always trying to show by example rather than just words.

I do believe Mary deserves the credit for the upbringing of our kids. She was always patient with them and she showed love in everything she did. God, I'm going to miss her.

Mary was a stay at home mom until all three of our kids were in school. One day she told me that she would like to get back to teaching. She loved being able to help nurture the young children.

Deep inside I was afraid that Mary might find other men desirable, to put it in a word. I had no reason to believe she would ever cheat on me, but it was something I had thought about. After all, Mary was still beautiful, desirable and a very friendly person.

What if? I guess it's something every man has to deal with. I put on my best face and told Mary whatever she wanted to do I would always be behind her. She told me that she wouldn't take any time away from me or the kids.

"I am going to be a substitute teacher and probably work about three or four days a week. Of course when there is no school, I will always be home with the kids."

It really was the perfect job for her and it gave her a chance to be out among adults again.

So Mary started her new job as a substitute teacher. She chose to work in the grade school and seemed so happy when she came home. Teaching really agreed with her and she felt she was doing something important.

Our lives didn't change much. We still ate dinner as a family, went to all the kids activities and we still made love on a fairly regular basis.

At dinner, we would discuss different things along with how our days went. We were eating dinner one evening when my oldest daughter Donna said that the kids in her class thought her mom was beautiful.

Mary just laughed and told Donna that there were many nice looking teachers in the school.

"Mom, you just have to admit it, you're a hottie." All the kids laughed.

"Thank you young lady but I'm your mother not your hot teacher," Mary replied and laughed.

It was all in jest but was the type of thing that made me worry. If the kids thought this way, how did the male teachers feel? Damn, why was I thinking like this?

Mary was a very observant woman. That night when we were in bed she turned to me.

"What's wrong John? Ever since I started to work again, something has been bothering you. Did I do or say something wrong?"

"No, everything is fine," I replied.

"John, I know you like a book. Something is bothering you and I want to know what it is? Is it my going back to work? Is that it?"

"Honey, I love you with all my heart."

"And I love you too John."

"I guess it has something to do with the divorce rate and the cheating that goes on anymore. I'm afraid of losing you."

"What? Losing me, cheating, John, have I ever given you reason to think I've been unfaithful? I love you John, you know that."

"It's just that you're so beautiful and great and I'm afraid other men, well you know, will make passes at you."

"John, women get hit on all the time. Even in the shopping malls and other stores. Salesmen are atrocious for hitting on women. Honey, there is no man for me other than you."

"Why haven't you told me you get hit on? We're husband and wife."

"John, most guys give hints and when they are rejected, they leave you alone. I'm not going to tell you every time a guy is nice to me. It doesn't mean they want in my pants, which by the way is reserved only for you."

"What if they come on strong and you are unable to reject them?"

"Honey, it isn't going to happen, I promise you. If ever a man won't leave me alone, I promise to tell you and you can take care of the situation. Does that help your feelings?"

"Yes, but I will never take you for granted. I love you too much."

We kissed and then we made love again. Talking to Mary helped but I still was a little worried.

I remember her getting dressed for school. She looked more like a student than a teacher. I always wondered why they didn't have teachers that looked like Mary when I was in school.

A couple incidents bothered me. The first one happened when Mary had a teacher's convention to go to in the next town over. She asked me if I wanted to go with her and I said definitely. Mary laughed knowing about my jealousy concerns.

We both knew I didn't like meetings but I felt much better being with Mary. During her meeting, I would find other ways to keep busy. I would wait for her in the lounge where we were spending the night and then we would have dinner.

I know I drank a little too much but still had my senses. Some loud mouth came and sat next to me and began talking to me about all his extra curricular activities. He said he was to meet his wife here at the lounge. He asked me if I was married and I told him I was very happily married.

"Do you ever go out and get a little on the side?" he asked.

"No, I love my wife and would never even consider cheating on her."

He looked toward the door and exclaimed, "Holy shit, there's nothing I wouldn't give to bed her down. Damn, what a sexy broad."

I looked over and saw it was Mary and another woman. "Too bad she's with my wife," he said and laughed.

"You would never want to pay the price for that lady."

"Do you know her? Can you introduce me when my wife isn't around?"

"The price is your life. She's my wife and I'll kick your ass across the room if you even get close to her. So, the price to have her would be your life," I responded.

He quickly got up and headed to the men's room as the women came up to me.

"Hi honey, this is June. She said she was meeting her husband here too. June, this is John, the most decent man on earth and my husband."

"Happy to meet you John. That was my husband Joe you were talking with."

"He had to make a quick trip to the men's room. I think he drank a little too much. Nice meeting you June."

As we left, Mary asked what the rush was. I informed her that if I had to spend another minute with Joe I'd have to kill him.

"Oh no, he said something about me didn't he? I see it in your eyes."

"Yes, he wanted me to introduce you to him when his wife wasn't around. He wanted to see if he could make you. Of course he changed his mind when I told him you were my wife."

"What changed his mind?" asked a smiling Mary. She loved to tease me this way.

"He didn't think you were worth dying for," I replied.

"I love you sweetheart," said Mary as she kissed me. "I do feel sorry for June. She seemed like a nice person. It's too bad she has a jerk for a husband.

The other incident was a Christmas party held for the teachers and others that worked at the school. It was on a Saturday and I had to work that day. I told Mary I would get there as soon as I could.

After work, I went home, cleaned up, and even donned a suit. I headed to the event, which was well in progress. I knew most of the teachers since they were all Mary's friends. When I didn't see Mary, one of them told me she went to the ladies room.

I headed around the corner and down the hall to find her. Right as I turned the corner I saw Mary standing there talking to some guy.

"Brent, get out of my way."

"Come on Mary, what's a little kiss among friends?" He had his arm blocking her path. "You always flirt at school and I figured you might like to . . ."

"Flirt! I've never flirted with you. I just try to be nice to everyone. If that's flirting to you then I'll just stop talking to you."

"Come on Mary, let's start off with a little kiss and see where it leads."

"I can tell you where it will lead if you don't leave me alone. I'll tell my husband John and let him deal with you. Look, I'm a happily married woman and wouldn't even consider cheating on John. If you would have treated your wife the way my husband treats me, you wouldn't be separated now. Please put your arm down and get out of my way."

I saw Brent drop his arm so I quickly backtracked down the hall and acted as if I was just coming that way to meet her.

"Hi honey, I finally made it. I have to go to the restroom. I'll be right back," I said to Mary.

She smiled at me and told me I looked good enough to eat. I told her we would consider that later. She gave me a kiss and I headed for the men's room. I spotted Brent coming down the hall and just nodded.

When I got back to the table, Mary introduced me as her loving husband, John, to all who I didn't know. I think she did it so Brent knew she was off limits.

For some reason I never worried quite as much after that. I still went to the conventions but it was so Mary and I could get away for a little sex without the kids around.

It was while I was telling Mary about our life together that I mentioned the incident about Brent. Mary smiled and told me she never knew. She was going to tell me about Brent but he never bothered her again.

*****

The last few years have been hard on us. Both of our parents died. They all lived long lives and had happy marriages. I had a minor stroke, if there is such a thing. I was only in the hospital for a few days but my loving Mary was there with me.

Now it was my turn to be with her. She took a terrible turn for the worse. The doctor told me she might only have one more day. I called Michael and the girls and told them the sad news. We all spent the day with Mary.

Toward evening, I told them they should all go home and I would talk to them in the morning. Mike was staying at my house while he was visiting. I promised Mary she would not die alone. She knew her time was almost up.

"John, I won't be alone. God is preparing me a home as we speak. I'll be there waiting for you. I love you John."

"Some day when we meet up yonder
We'll stroll hand in hand again
In a land that knows no partin'
Blue eyes cryin' in the rain"

The nurses got Mary ready for bed for the very last time. I dimmed the lights and sat in my recliner holding Mary's frail hand. It was about four in the morning when Mary took her last breath.

I sat and cried as the nurses came in and took care of Mary and finished packing her things. I waited till six and called Mike and told him the sad news. He offered to call Donna and Kim, and then came by and picked me up.

The funeral was so sad. I can't say I ever saw so many people paying their respect to one person. If anyone ever deserved it, it was Mary. She was truly one of God's angels.

I'm often asked if I believe there is a life after death, a heaven where you can see your loved one again.

My answer is an affirmative yes. At night I picture myself going to the gates of heaven; standing there is my sweet Mary, arms wide open to greet me, that beautiful smile that I always remember, where we will spend eternity together.

No more blue eyes crying in the rain but only tears of joy and happiness that being with Mary brings me.