Body of Water Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MugsyB
MugsyB
2,734 Followers

Angela laughed at me. "You can get a new one."

"I'm not going to buy a new book just because I squished this one. That's hardly practical."

"You don't always have to be practical. Sometimes it's fun to just be unreasonable, emotional."

I rolled my eyes again and tossed the book to the foot of my bed. "What time is it?"

"Almost four. When did you go to sleep?"

"I don't know. Maybe ten this morning?"

"Wow, you must be really sick."

I nodded, recalling how I'd felt when I first got up in the morning. "I was." I took stock of my body as I spoke. I felt better, no aches, no pain, no headache. "I feel better."

"Sleep does amazing things." Angela stood up and stretched her arms out on either side of her. "You want something for dinner? I can't do fancy meals like you, but I could manage some soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, if you want."

"Sounds great." I grinned. Soup and sandwiches sounded gourmet to my empty stomach. "Give me a few minutes to change and I'll meet you downstairs."

"Cool." She left me alone.

I and changed into sweats and a loose tank top. Downstairs in the kitchen, I found Angela dancing at the stove with a spatula in her hand and Harlowe at the table, reading a newspaper.

"Hey, sickie," Harlowe greeted me with a smile. "Angela told me you slept all day. How are you feeling?"

"I feel great. Whatever it was, it was over quickly."

Harlowe pulled me close and kissed my cheek. I flushed as I straightened, uncomfortable with this display of affection. I recalled Sunday morning and our 'outing,' as it were. He must think that since Angela knew about us sleeping together, he could kiss me whenever he wanted.

Then I recalled my conversation with Angela later on Sunday morning and knew I had to talk to him.

For now, I moved away with a weak smile, sitting across from him at the table. A few minutes later, Angela had dinner set in front of us and we chatted as we dug in. Later, I found myself yawning and fighting to stay awake at nine o'clock. I said goodnight to my roommates and went to bed.

It was pitch black when I heard my door open. My heart lurched in my chest as I was woken up. For a moment I panicked, thinking someone was breaking in. Then I heard Harlowe's familiar tread and relaxed. He slipped beneath my covers and I allowed him to pull me close. I felt his erection poking my backside and couldn't help my body's response. I was glad I'd worn pajamas to bed.

"We need to talk, Harlowe," I blurted before he could do anything.

"Do we?" He nuzzled the hair covering my neck.

Shivering, I nodded and managed to roll over in his arms until we were nose-to-nose. "I don't think I can do this anymore."

I could hear my conversation with Angela replaying in my mind and I knew it was the right thing to do, but I couldn't remember why I thought so. I frowned as I tried to pin down the reason. It's not as though I was dating someone else, or even had someone in my sights.

Did I?

"You can't do this?" I knew I'd caught him by surprise and I felt bad for blindsiding him. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, of course not. You're a great guy, Harlowe."

"Is it because Angela found out?"

"No. It doesn't bother me that she knows."

"I'm confused." He didn't sound hurt and he wasn't pulling away from me. His erection didn't seem to be diminishing either. If anything, I felt him throb against me as he spoke. "Don't we have fun together?"

"All the time." He was a wonderful lover and he did all the right things to get me to climax every time.

"Then why can't we keep doing this? Is there someone else you'd rather be with?" Now he sounded a little hurt.

"There's no one else."

Not yet.

The thought surprised me and I shook my head to clear it. That wasn't like me.

For a long moment, Harlowe stared into my eyes and I stared back. It was as if he was trying to figure me out. I saw the emotions cross his face; confusion, worry, pain, and finally, disappointment.

"Well, I can't force you to keep doing this."

"No."

"I'm sorry you don't want to."

"I'm sorry, too. I never meant to hurt you."

"I'm all right." He didn't look all right but I figured he would be, given time.

Another silence fell over us. He was still hard against my belly and I felt the tingling response in my own body continue. His eyes narrowed and I bit my lip. He felt it too and I knew we'd do this one last time.

"For old time's sake." He brought our lips together.

"OK."

It was familiar and sweet and I knew there would be times when I missed his touch. He was gentle when I wanted it and rough when I needed it.

Like now.

He stripped me and threw the covers back, positioning me as he wanted me. I didn't have to say anything for him to know this was what I needed right now. I also knew that part of him wanted to have me this way, roughly, leaving marks so that I'd remember how it was with him.

It was always wonderful, stimulating and it was true, he could make me come. None of it had ever been enough. I think, as he sank into me, his cock hard and going deep, he realized at last why I couldn't remain his lover.

Still, I moaned as he pinched my nipples and jerked as he plunged deeper. He held my legs up, propping them over his arms so he could angle himself to hit me deep inside. I looked into his eyes and felt the twitching approach of my orgasm. Not breaking eye contact, I licked my finger and reached between us, stroking myself as he thrust into me. I came, making the noises I knew he wanted to hear and he started to move faster, ramming into me with more force.

I held onto his arms where he held my legs in the air and didn't take my eyes from his as he fucked me. And it was fucking. He wasn't making love to me, not this time. I could see it in his face that he wanted to make me regret my decision. It wasn't like Harlowe to act this way and part of my heart broke with the knowledge that I'd done this to him.

Then he was coming, emptying himself into me with a coarse growl. He pumped his hips against me until he felt he'd had enough and only then did he release my legs.

As he caught his breath, he didn't relax beside me as he usually did. Instead, he got up, pulled his boxers on and walked away. He paused at the doorway and I turned onto my side to look at him.

"See you tomorrow, Rina," he whispered and left.

Well, that did it. Hearing him call me Rina, not Nerina, brought tears to my eyes. I clamped my lips together and buried myself under the covers. My body was still warm from the sex, but not hot, and I slept naked, not caring if I felt chilled later.

****

In the morning, I felt one hundred percent again. As I got ready for my day, I ignored my misgivings about Harlowe. I figured things in the house might be awkward for a short while but we'd get through it. After all, we were all adults and we could handle this like adults.

So I packed a lunch, checked the time and headed out. When I got to the office, it was quiet at the reception desk but Lindsay was wandering around the showroom when I walked in.

"Morning, Rina." She waved from the bathroom section.

"Good morning, Lindsay."

I walked through to the back offices. I was relieved to see a new computer in place and put my things away as it powered up. I pulled a few files from my cabinet and looked through the appointment book to see if anything drastic had been rearranged due to my absence the day before. When the computer came to life in front of me, I started my email first, guessing that there would be a mass of them.

I clicked on the first email, a notice about the summer family picnic from the social committee. As I scanned the details, I wondered if they'd allow me to bring one of my roommates again. I didn't have a boyfriend, let alone a spouse or children, but sometimes they chose to be very particular about guests for these functions. I was still pondering my social situation when the computer screen blinked off.

"What the hell?" I reached down to restart it. As my finger brushed the restart button, a jolt of electricity zapped me and I jerked my hand back. "Holy crap!"

"Everything all right?" Lindsay came into my office at just that moment.

"I'm fine." I waved my hand around to dissipate the sting of the shock. "My computer just bit me, that's all."

Lindsay laughed and came over to have a look. She was a genius when it came to computers, though she'd never admit it. She preferred to work in the showroom, not the IT department. "There. Now talk nicely to it so it doesn't bite you again."

I narrowed my eyes at her and stuck my tongue out. She laughed and moved away, leaving me a couple new files. I looked over everything as I waited for the computer to start again. I felt the whirring against my leg where it rested against the tower.

Picking up one folder, I flipped through it, finding preliminary information on my morning appointment: Mr. and Mrs. Hopewell. They were an older couple, building one of our larger models and that told me they were settling into this house for the rest of their lives. It also meant they'd be very particular about their selections, most likely going back and forth on options before making any decisions.

I sighed. This is going to be a long day. No wonder I'd left my afternoon free. People like the Hopewells tended to take up more time than the usual four hour appointment.

That reminded me that I had changed Mr. Mahisa's appointment to this afternoon and I set down the Hopewell file to pick up the next one. Mr. Mahisa was purchasing a smaller model but it was one of the most popular mid-market house plans. He was single, according to the file, meaning he'd be the shorter of my two appointments today.

I made some notes in both the files before turning my attention back to the computer. "Let's try this again." I wriggled the mouse on my desk.

This time, it didn't even allow me to start my email. It even made an angry fizzing noise and made me jump back in surprise as the tower heated to an alarming degree against my leg.

"You've got to be kidding me!"

I watched the screen flash white and then vertical grey pinstripes appeared over the white. I scowled and banged my hand down on my desk in frustration.

After a less than friendly discussion with the IT department - they were convinced I was using my computer as a jack for my car or something - I swept the client files into my arms and stalked out to the showroom to prepare samples for the Hopewells instead.

Another half hour passed and then I greeted the middle-aged couple as they came in for their appointment.

The Hopewells weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. They were friendly and joked around with me and each other the entire time. Even though the four hours were up before they'd finished all their selections, they'd done a lot better than I'd suspected.

I saw them out after we were done for the day. "We'll make a follow-up appointment for next week. I'll have Lindsay call you with details."

I walked back to my office to see if I had a new computer yet. I'd seen an IT guy come in while I was with the Hopewells and he hadn't been carrying a computer. Sure enough, when I walked into my office, I saw my monitor, mouse and keyboard, all their wires dangling uselessly from the desktop.

"Damn."

Without a computer, I'd have to hand-write all the details and input them later. It meant more work now and later. I was less than pleased. I sighed and went to the staff room for my lunch. Dwelling on it wouldn't help matters.

As always, my lunch passed by too fast and soon I was gathering preliminary samples for Mr. Mahisa. I didn't notice the showroom door open and it wasn't until someone cleared their throat near the big sample table that I looked up.

I felt my chest constrict when I looked into chocolate brown eyes in a handsome brown face. His black hair was styled and his suit was tailored to fit his lithe, lean form. My mouth went dry and I swallowed around the thickness in my throat as he smiled at me.

"Nerina?" His voice was accented, making my name sound entirely different coming from him.

I'm pretty sure I liked it.

"Yes. Are you Mr. Mahisa?"

"Please, call me Avanindra." He grinned, his teeth very white next to his dark skin. "Or Avan, if you prefer."

"Avan." I shook my head, trying to clear it and to think where I'd heard his name before. Probably just read it in the file. "Pleased to meet you, Avan." I moved around the table and shook his hand.

As his warm fingers closed around my hand, I shivered, my mouth falling open in surprise. His hand was warm and made me feel warm, but in a heavy sort of way, like having too many blankets piled on your body or having a scarf pulled too tightly around your neck. As I inhaled, I caught the scent of his cologne, some unique mixture of musky earthiness and spices.

"I'm very pleased to meet you as well." His voice was very deep and had a slight rasp to it.

I tilted my head to one side as I studied him. He dropped my hand and smiled back at me. "I'm sorry, I can't place your accent. It sounds almost...British."

He chuckled and I bit the inside of my cheek when the sound shivered through my body. "I was raised in Manchester but I've been in Canada for most of my life now."

Fingers of pleasure tickled between my thighs and I was glad that I'd chosen a pantsuit that morning. An image of me spread across the sample table with my skirt up around my waist flashed through my mind and I sucked in a shocked breath. Avan quirked an eyebrow at me and I blushed, something I rarely did.

I moved a few steps away and flipped open his file as I gathered my thoughts. I ignored the flush lower in my body, telling myself I was just imagining things.

"Uh, so I...understand you've decided to build in Evergreen. That's a very nice area."

"It is. I enjoy the views."

I nodded as I looked down at his lot plan. His back porch - once it was built - would overlook the mountains in the west. "I can see why." I looked up with a smile.

He'd moved closer and I felt short of breath.

"You...uh, you...also picked a...very nice floor plan." I was trying not to sound out of breath, which I was.

"I think so." He smiled, revealing those white teeth to me again.

This time I had to look away and ordered my body to calm down. My thighs were quivering and I knew, without having to see or touch them, that my panties were wet. Focus on your job.

"Well, I don't know if you've ever done this sort of thing before or not-" At least the words came out when I opened my mouth, words I'd said a hundred times over. "-But we're a full service showroom. You'll be able to select everything from your railings to your appliances here."

"Sounds great."

"Great." I risked another look at him. My body throbbed in time to his next smile and I wondered if I'd make it through the afternoon.

I reminded myself to stick to my usual routine with clients. There was comfort in familiarity.

So I took Avan to the kitchen area first. I showed him the selections of cabinetry, talking about the finish, the edging and the colors. He asked a few questions, always standing very close to me - it was like he knew he set me on edge. After cabinets, we looked at handles, then countertop samples, and so on.

I became so used to his close presence that I didn't even think about the answering throb between my legs whenever he spoke or flashed those perfect white teeth. At last, we reached the last selection of the day and I was almost sad that our time was almost over. He'd been one of my better clients, making quick, definitive selections and not 'hemming' and 'hawing' if we needed to go back to something.

"I can't believe we're done already," he said as we stood at the large sample table in the middle.

I glanced up from making notes in his file. "It does tend to make the afternoon fly by."

"You must enjoy this work."

"I do, for the most part." I ticked off a few selection boxes.

He chuckled and my hand slipped, dragging a streak of ink across the edge of the page. I bit my lip and stared down at my blunder, almost missing his next words as he spoke.

"I suppose you must have some people who require more time than four hours."

"Yes, some." I looked up. "You've definitely been one of my easier customers."

His dark brows rose and the corner of his mouth lifted in a smirk that was too attractive for my own good.

"Uh...all right. Let me just make a few copies and then I'll be right back with yours to take home," I said, thankful for the excuse to get away from him for even a few minutes. Then I walked away without waiting for his acknowledgement.

In the back offices, I stood in a daze over the copier as it spat out the numerous duplicates of his selection file. Someone walked past and laughed at my expression, bringing me out of my contemplation.

"You look like you've had a rough day, Rina." Natasha, one of the architects paused and leaned a hip against the copier. "Did you get another couple unable to make a decision?"

I gave her a weak smile and shook my head. "No. The couple this morning was kind of like that but not too bad. The guy this afternoon was way easier."

Natasha frowned. "You were in there with someone?"

"Yeah. Where else would I be?"

"Maybe you were in the back corner or something. I popped my head in to see if you wanted coffee when I was going to Starbucks, but you weren't there. I didn't even hear your voice."

"That's odd. I don't think we were in the back corner at all." I pictured the layout of the showroom and there were a few spots out of sight from the main door, but Avan had made all his selections from other sample collections.

"Weird. Well, anyway, at least he was an easy one. Are you done here?"

"Oh, yeah." I scooped my paperwork out from the copier tray. "I'll see you later. Have a good evening if I don't see you before we're gone."

"Thanks. You too!"

I drew in a deep breath as I headed back to the showroom to brace myself for Avan's magnetic personality. It did little to help. There he stood, almost in the same spot. He was facing away from me, his suit jacket slung across the table by his elbow - he'd taken it off somewhere around the time we'd been discussing lighting fixtures.

My shoes made no sound as I crossed the carpeted floor but he turned before I got within ten steps of him, as if he knew I was there.

"I was beginning to think you'd left me here to perish," he joked with that sexy grin.

I gave a nervous laugh and shook my head. "Well, there were quite a few pages to copy."

I laid the file out for him to see. I explained it to him, pointing out a few important sections. "If you change your mind about anything, or decide you want to see something again, just call and make another appointment."

When I glanced up, I was surprised to see his dark eyes watching me and I felt the twinge in my stomach renew itself.

"I don't know if I can wait that long."

"That... long?" I felt very confused. His scent was all around me and making it very hard for me to think. It was a heady mixture and there was a sudden weight pressing on my chest, making it difficult to breathe.

"Until I can see you again."

A breathless laugh fell from my lips and I blinked a few times. "You want to see me again?"

He cocked his head to one side, his eyes slipping from mine to trail across my face. I felt his gaze like a caress; a smooth, pulsating touch over my skin. "Is that so hard to believe?"

"A little."

He moved then - at least, I think he moved - coming so close that he blocked out the rest of the room. All I could see was him, his scent filled my nostrils and I could swear that his voice spoke to my very mind.

"You are like no one else, Nerina. I'd like very much to see more of you after today." He paused and his full lips curled up into a wicked smile. "I'd very much like to see all of you."

MugsyB
MugsyB
2,734 Followers