Bonus

Story Info
After his cheating wife leaves, he buys a classic 'Vette'.
13.6k words
4.59
124.3k
168
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JimBob44
JimBob44
5,049 Followers

*Author's Note: any and all persons engaging in any sexual activities are at least eighteen years of age.

Disclaimers: This story has been edited by myself, using Microsoft Spell-Check. You have been forewarned.

*.*.*

Inga's declaration that, while she loved him, she just was not in love with him did not come as much of a surprise to Dr. Claude Ivernek. They had not been intimate for several weeks now. The engineer looked at his wife, still beautiful after twenty four years of marriage and nodded his head in agreement.

When he had met the German born beauty in Cologne, Germany, he had fallen hard for her. She had likewise fallen for the college student. Theirs had been a romance, a marriage to be envied. Theirs had been a love that would be forever, they had both assured the other, even as time and geography had changed.

Inga's next statement did surprise the stoic engineer, though, when she announced that she was moving in with her lover.

"Vut?" he asked, Germanic accent becoming more pronounced. "You haf lover?"

She sneered at him with contempt. After a moment, he simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Ja and Jerome? He not vunt kids," Inga stated.

"But, but, you mean, you are leaving Charles here? Vit me?" Claude asked, referring to their four year old son.

When Inga had discovered that she was pregnant, the pregnancy had been a complete surprise. Their youngest was already fifteen years old, already clamoring for more freedoms, more money. Claude had been delighted, had seen the new child as just more affirmation of their endless love, their romance for each other.

Inga's declaration that she did not love him, had a lover, and was leaving Charles with him did shake Claude. The man shook his head in wonder; in less than one minute, sixty seconds, his entire life had changed.

"Ja, maybe you now haff be father, eh?" Inga snapped, beautiful Aryan features traveling from a sneer to amusement.

"I am father; he come vit me work every day, Ja," Claude snapped.

Since Claude Junior and Heather were twenty one and twenty years old and attending University in Hamburg, Germany, custody of their oldest two children was not an issue. But a rambunctious four year old boy needed both a mother and a father, needed two pairs of hands.

With a final nod of farewell, Inga took her five suitcases, put them into her Mercedes-Benz, and left their home. Claude put his engineering mind to work and immediately checked bank accounts. Inga had already taken out fifty percent so he closed the accounts and transferred the money into a new account. He then cancelled their three credit cards.

The next step was to reprogram the garage door's code and the alarm systems pass code. Then he and Charles went to the Home Depot in Elgee, Louisiana to purchase new locks for all the doors. Charles loved the Home Depot store; he and his father would often buy a new magnet and steel screws and nuts and bolts for the magnet to pick up.

This time, Claude bought a large bolt, a large nine volt battery, and a spool of wire. Arriving home again, father and son sat at the workbench in the four car garage of the Baylor Lake home and Claude showed his son how to make an electromagnet.

"Huh? Huh? Ha ha ha, how about that, huh, Charles?" Claude laughed as Charles was amazed with their invention.

"It can even pick up a wrench!" Charles gasped at the power of the magnet.

After his dinner, after his bath and a reading of a story, Charles lay down for a night's sleep. Claude looked down at his baby boy and sighed.

"Vut kind mother vuld leaf her baby?" he asked himself.

Then he changed all the locks in the house. If Inga wanted to come back for any items she'd forgotten, she would have to contact him.

"And Jerome? Hope you haff plenty money; she spend it fast," Claude said and fixed himself a scotch and soda.

Jerome did not have plenty of money, and decided that a forty two year old woman with expensive tastes and no income to support her expensive taste was not anything he wanted to be saddled with. Being a part-time lover of a beautiful white woman had been fun, exciting. He did not have to keep a clean home, he did not have to listen to her shrill complaints, he did not have to move her drying bras and pantyhose aside when he wanted to shower. He did not have to put the toilet seat down when he was a part-time lover. He only had to fuck her, help her spend her husband's money, then go back to his apartment while she cleaned herself up for her man.

This was especially true when Claude contacted Inga to let her know he would be cancelling her cell phone service and her automobile insurance, as well as the payments on the luxury automobile. Jerome let Inga know that while it had been fun, it was time she had to be going.

Inga now fought the divorce. Nicole Banks, her attorney, did request counseling.

"Time for counseling is before she decided to take up with a lover," Penny Jones, Dr. Ivernek's attorney said.

But Judge Marie Robichaux decreed that there should be no less than eight sessions. Claude shrugged in acceptance.

The counseling sessions were fruitless. Claude did not want to reconcile, and Inga was too proud to admit she'd been wrong. Dr. Sylvia Hooperstein had to admit there was no path forward for this couple.

Nicole then applied for Ingrid to have custody of Charles Jonathon Ivernek. But because Inga had voluntarily left the child, Charles remained with his father while the parents battled in court over custody. Inga demanded full custody, as well as exorbitant child support and the marital home, the child's primary residence. Inga would not agree to joint custody with Claude remaining the primary custodian. Therefore, their custody battle had to go into mediation.

Claude did not smirk when he was granted primary custody. He did not gloat when Inga was not awarded any child support. He did not gloat when he was allowed to remain in the marital home as it would remain Charles' primary residence until the child reached the age of majority.

"You can forget it," Nicole snapped when Inga brought up trying for alimony. "You left the marital home of your own free will, you moved in with a lover. Courts do not reward infidelity, Mrs. Ivernek. The best you will get is fifty percent of assets accrued over the marriage."

Then Nicole did bring up the several thousands of dollars Inga owed for legal representation. Inga did ask why she should pay any of it; Nicole had failed to win one thing she'd wanted.

Shortly after his divorce was granted, Claude was called into Tuff Richard's office. The young CEO of Kendricks Engineering had the schematics of a Whitehead generator on his desk. Both he and Claude looked at the schematics together.

"It can be smaller," Tuff stated emphatically. "Since Marcus died last year? They've not secured the patent on this. They've not done anything but churn out the same old stuff."

"I get back to you," Claude promised.

"I want it smaller, more efficient," Tuff ordered.

At home, Claude and his son played with Charles' toys, his trucks and bull dozers. Then Charles wanted to play with his electromagnet.

"Electro... Ve harness the magnetic..." Claude hypothesized out loud.

"And there's a positive and a negative pole," Charles reminded his father.

"Ja, you genius, boy, you are wunderkind," Claude laughed, kissing his son.

That night, as Charles lay in his bed, dreaming of trucks and cranes and bulldozers and magnets, Claude scribbled frantically.

At seven thirty the next morning, Corliss, his housekeeper came in and found the man still scribbling.

"Oh shit!" Claude laughed. "Miss Corliss, I give you hundred dollars you make Charles breakfast, okay?"

"Grits all right?" Corliss asked.

"Grits okay," Claude agreed.

Tuff looked at Claude's rough sketches and the schematics of the Whitehead generator.

"Did you even look at these?" he asked, pointing to the Whitehead schematics.

"No, no, this is different kind generator," Claude stated.

"I'll say it is," Tuff agreed.

Claude blinked when Tuff gave him a one hundred thousand dollar bonus for developing the KE Charles generator. It also pleased Claude tremendously that Tuff Richards named the new generator after Claude's darling boy.

While Dr. Claude Ivernek was in his office of Kendricks Engineering in DeGarde, Louisiana, trying to decide what to do with his one hundred thousand dollar bonus, Sue Lynn was sitting on a sandy stretch of ground known as 'the bend.' The bend was just a bend in a small creek that ran alongside Stepping Stone, Louisiana. The small community was mainly trailer parks; the only permanent fixtures were the grocery store, the liquor store and the Dairy Queen and the Stepping Stone Diner. Even John F. Kennedy High School was just eight mobile buildings arranged in two rows of four buildings each.

Sweet Gum Paper Mill and the Hearst Women's prison were the two main sources of employment in Penny Parish and right now, neither was hiring.

The eighteen year old girl flicked her ankle length blonde hair back and sighed. There was nowhere to go, nothing to do. She'd graduated, barely, from JFK and was now sitting, wondering what to do.

Her friend Nicholas was at work; he worked the loading bay of Sweet Gum Paper Mill. Nicholas's girlfriend Angela was at home, waiting to give birth to their baby.

Joanne was married now, married to another woman. The two lived in Baylor Lake, Louisiana.

Bobby was still in jail awaiting trial. There wasn't much of a backlog of cases, but there was no public defender available.

Eric had joined the Marines. Last Sue Lynn had heard, he was stationed in Japan.

Her very best friend April had decided that there was nothing in Stepping Stone and had hitched a ride with a trucker heading for Jackson, Mississippi. Sue Lynn didn't even know if April was still in Jackson or if the girl had moved on.

Sue Lynn watched as a small branch floated along the nearly dry creek. There'd been no rain for a few weeks now; if this drought kept up, the creek would dry up.

The branch rounded the bend, got hung up on some rocks and bobbled for a moment. Then it broke free and continued along toward a larger stream. That stream would wound its way southeast until it joined the Mississippi River.

On one hand, Sue Lynn was glad she'd quit smoking. It tasted bad, smelled worse, and was so damned expensive. Six fifty for a pack of Salem Kings was ridiculous. On the other hand, she missed having something to occupy her hands, occupy her mind.

With a sigh, she got to her feet and brushed her shorts clean of the sand. With another sigh, she turned and walked home.

"That April girl called here; thought you said she left," her mother snapped when Sue Lynn entered the trailer.

"Did, Jackson, I think," Sue Lynn agreed. "You get her number?"

"Said she'd call back," her mother said, already engrossed in her television show again.

Sue Lynn sighed. Knowing April, that could mean in five minutes or five days. Or, if April had been drunk when she called, it might mean never.

April had been somewhat sober when she'd called earlier that day. Within twenty minutes after Sue Lynn had entered the trailer, April called again.

"Don't like you hanging around with that girl no how," Sue Lynn's mother snapped when she slapped the cordless telephone into Sue Lynn's hand.

Sue Lynn didn't respond to her mother's declaration. No response she gave would be adequate. Her mother had been disappointed with Sue Lynn Benning from the moment of her birth. Sue Lynn had been two hours and twenty one minutes too early to be the first Louisiana baby born in the new millennium. She'd also been too early to be the last baby born in the old millennium. The cycle of disappointment and resentment had started with her birth and there seemed to be no way to break the vicious cycle. Added to the disappointing time of her birth, the fact that Sue Lynn had been born without a penis had gravely disappointed her father. He already had seven daughters with five different women, had promised Jacqueline Benning the sun and the moon if she would give him a son.

"Girl! What up!" April screamed drunkenly into the phone.

"Hey, where you at?" Sue Lynn asked.

"Shit, Oakleaf, Texas, told you that," April laughed.

"Oak...? No you didn't. Last I heard, you was in Mississippi," Sue Lynn said.

April described her life in the Texas town. She was dancing at Tijuana Jack's, a Gentlemen's Club and loved it. She never paid for drinks, and usually came home with three, four hundred dollars a night. She was staying with another dancer in a rented house.

"Need come up here, girl," April enthused drunkenly. "I mean, shit, I ain't half as pretty as you and kind of money they giving me?"

Sue Lynn wrote down the telephone number that was on the telephone display and verified the number with April. April drunkenly agreed that she thought that might be the phone number; it was her roommate's phone number.

Sue Lynn waited until her mother was in the bathroom before calling Greyhound to get the price of a ticket to Oakleaf, Texas. She thanked the bored woman and hung up just as her mother was waddling back into the room.

While Sue Lynn was scraping together the money for a bus ticket, Dr. Claude Ivernek had confirmed that the automobile was in drivable condition. The seller, Jericho Tilly, claimed that it ran just as good, if not better than the day it rolled off the assembly line. He also assured Claude that it was one hundred percent original.

"Believe it or not? Was my older brother's. Then when he went to 'Nam? Left it with me, said he'd kill me a hundred ways to next Tuesday I even got a scratch on it," the man claimed.

"And he didn't want it back?" Claude asked.

"He uh, he lost both legs over there," Jericho said quietly.

Inga agreed to take Charles a day earlier; she did, after all, love her baby boy. Charles was also happy that he'd be spending some time with his mother. Tuff pretended to be upset that Claude was taking a rare day off from work, but agreed they'd possibly, maybe manage to keep running without the head of their engineering department at the helm.

While Claude was gathering the cash together, Sue Lynn was sitting on a Greyhound bus, heading west. She peered out the window as Stepping Stone, Louisiana disappeared from view.

The bus stopped for forty eight minutes in Pinoak, Louisiana, and Sue Lynn bought a shrimp po-boy and soda. She slathered on an obscene amount of Crystal's hot sauce and hummed happily as she ate the sandwich. She ignored the three young men that vied for her attention, but did reflect, possibly her halter top and Daisy Duke shorts may not have been the best choice for travel attire.

Her studious disregard of the young men only seemed to encourage them. One of them broke away and approached her as she sat on the bench, chewing her meal.

"So, uh, where you heading?" the Latin youth braved asking her.

"Oakleaf Correctional; my husband's being released tomorrow," Sue Lynn said calmly. "Was in for murder one but the last witness? Just died so there's no one left says they saw him do it."

She had no idea if there was such a place named Oakleaf Correctional. But Sue Lynn was also willing to bet the arrogant young man didn't know if there was either.

The young man muttered something in Spanish and got away from Sue Lynn quickly. She did not smirk; just finished her sandwich, then availed herself of the restroom.

Two hours later, the bus pulled up in front of the DeGarde Inn. Sue Lynn looked around with great interest; her friend Joanne and Joanne's spouse Joee attended the University of Louisiana at DeGarde. Through the window, she could see some buildings at a distance and wondered if that might be the college.

The bus was quite full when Dr. Claude Ivernek stepped onto the bus. He scanned the seats, walking up the aisle and soon saw that all were occupied.

"Seat right here," an attractive young blonde girl offered.

"Thank you," he said, smiling down at the girl.

He was six feet, three inches, so towered over the girl as he put his small suitcase into the overnight compartment. He held onto his briefcase with a death grip as he settled into his seat.

"You know where the University is?" Sue Lynn asked the tall handsome man.

"JA, that it, right there," he said as the bus lurched away.

"There?" she said, pointing to the buildings she'd noticed earlier.

"Yes, and there? That is where I work," Dr. Claude smiled as he pointed out the Kendricks Engineering building. "And there? We are building new building to make hydraulic pump and possibly the KE Charles generator maybe."

"Where are you from?" the girl asked, smiling at his odd accent.

"When I was little boy? We lived Tremblink, Poland. Then my father moved us to West Germany," Claude smiled.

He cursed himself for leaving his tablet on his desk at work. He'd downloaded a book on perpetual motion and perpetual energy. He had hoped to study the hypothesis the author had proposed at a symposium in Finland three years ago.

"So, how long have you been in America?" Sue Lynn asked.

"I move here two years after finish University of Hamburg, so that is twenty three years now," Claude admitted.

"I've been in Louisiana all my life," Sue Lynn admitted.

By the time they reached Houston, Texas, Sue Lynn was road weary. She wearily walked to where the bus heading for Oakleaf would depart. An employee of Greyhound told Sue Lynn it would be another ninety three minutes before that bus would depart.

"Ain't even here yet; coming in from Shreveport," the man smiled.

"Where is suitcase?" Claude asked the girl.

"Don't have one," Sue Lynn said.

"Where are your clothes? Your makeup?" Claude asked.

"Makeup's right here," Sue Lynn said, showing him the small purse.

Claude bought Sue Lynn a sandwich and a juice inside the large terminal. Then they sat on the bench in front of where their bus would be and ate.

By the time the bus did pull up, Sue Lynn was slumbering, leaning against Dr. Claude Ivernek. The driver smiled as the tall man woke up his companion.

"Daughter's kind of worn out, huh?" the man said.

"Long trip," Claude responded, not correcting the man's assumption.

Even though this bus had many available seats, Claude and Sue Lynn sat together.

"So, what when we get to Oakleaf?" he asked her.

He checked his watch.

"Time we get there, it will be eleven o'clock, maybe later," he said.

"Don't know. Just call April, see what's up," Sue Lynn shrugged.

"And if you cannot get in touch with her?" Claude persisted.

"Hang out," Sue Lynn shrugged.

Sue Lynn fell asleep as the bus rumbled toward Oakleaf, Texas. She leaned heavily against Claude, snoring lightly. She did not wake when the bus lurched to a stop in Great Oak, or in Sweet Oak. Claude gently shook her awake when the driver announced that their next stop was Oakleaf.

Sluggishly stumbling out of the bus, she looked around for a pay phone.

"I have cell phone right here," Claude said.

"Thanks," Sue Lynn said.

She punched in the number. It rang four times, then April's roommate's answering machine picked up.

"Shit," Sue Lynn said.

"Come, I have room here," Claude ordered.

Sue Lynn obediently followed. The man checked in and took the electronic key from the bored looking woman.

"Thought you said it was single occupant," the clerk asked.

"Changed my mind," was Claude's response.

"God, I stink," Sue Lynn murmured as she and Claude walked to room 133.

"Is okay, I pay for shower," Claude teased.

"Oh good," she smiled.

Before Claude could insist that he needed to urinate first, Sue Lynn was in the small, clean bathroom. She twisted the taps and climbed in to the deep tub.

JimBob44
JimBob44
5,049 Followers