Brazilian Hearts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

José's attention, on the other hand, was captured by the arrival of the bride. She came up and took her place directly behind and to the left of the old shaman. She was beautiful, more beautiful than any woman José had seen; more beautiful even than the painted women who sold themselves alongside the bars and taverns in Mauaus. She had rich night wing hair, youthful curves and insolence in her manner that begged to be tamed. At that moment, José decided that he would have her.

His attention was not unnoticed by two men however. One was the pahé and the other was a taller young man dressed solely in a loin cloth and standing some distance from the rest of the crowd. His eyes stole from José to the young woman standing at the pahé's arm. His hands balled into fists and he took a step forward as if willing himself between the visitor and the woman. This man was the woman's betrothed. It was their ceremony that the two men's arrival had interrupted.

The pahé smiled broadly and said, "We shall see. Come with me" He turned to the woman and barked out an order. The woman nodded and melded into the jungle.

José followed the old fellow to his hut. Here is where he would partake of the ayahuasca. He had known several of his village's people who had participated in one, few ever participated again. It was said the experience was frightening and dangerous; one could die during the spirit walk. He stepped inside and was directed to sit as a small fire was erected in the pit located in the center of the room. José guessed that when not used for spirit journeys it doubled as a cooking pit.

Joachim took his place next to José as the girl returned and began preparing a mixture from the yage plant she had hastily collected. When she had completed her task, she came over and leaned to hand the gourd vessel containing the drink to the shaman. Then she took a place just to the left of José. As she sat, her thigh rubbed against the fabric of the hunter's pants. He could feel the heat of her body through the cloth. His cock began to harden.

The pahé took the gourd and held it up. Then he reached behind him and pulled a bottle of what appeared to be whiskey and poured a good measure into the contents of the gourd. "For taste," he explained to the hunter with the wink of a secret shared. Jose knew that this was caapi the ritual drink of the ayahuasca. With its influence and aid he and the pahé would be able to journey to the spirit world and retrieve the hunter-trackers lost spirit. He took a large pull of the liquid and handed it to the girl who followed suit. She in turned passed it to José.

He looked from the gourd to the shaman. The contents were as dark as the waters of the Rio Negro. He put his nose to the opening and sniffed. It smelled pungent. He wrinkled his nose and took a long drink. The whiskey did little to dissipate the heady brackish flavor and earthy aftertaste. The liquid burned all the way to his stomach. José handed the gourd back to the shaman who shook his head and indicated that Joachim should also drink.

"We may need all the help we can get," the pahé explained.

Joachim hesitantly took the offering and drank.

From behind him, José could hear a drumming. He felt lightheaded. He watched as the world began to change before him, shadows lengthened, and a languid feeling overcame him. He grew detached from the physical world. He watched as the girl drew closer. He smiled as she held her bare breast out. His open lips found her nipple and his tongue traced a slow line around the areola. He felt lighter as she pressed herself to him and he began to suckle as he had as a child at his mother. She smiled back. He could feel the breath of a wind rising. His other hand found the warmth of her thigh and he slowly began to move his hand up and down its length. The wind grew stronger and he could feel her pull away.

The wind was now irresistible and he could feel himself being borne up on its currents, leaving the earth. He marveled at the feeling of freedom as he hung suspended; feet from the earth and miles from care. He watched with disinterest as the forms of the shaman and his friend joined him. The drumming began to intensify and he could feel the power build within him.

José noted that the landscape had changed. He was no longer in the pahé's hut but had exited that world and entered another. With the pahé beside him and Joachim behind they went off toward a city in the distance, large and wondrous. Instinctively, José knew this was the spirit land of the whites and it would be here that he would find his spirit self.

In the distance, José could see a large jaguar approaching. The Shaman motioned for the two men to stay back while he glided off toward the large creature. The man and beast appeared to speak for some minutes. The large cat made a motion in the direction of a point in the city. The pahé returned and spoke to José through a tongue thick with drug.

"My spirit guide says we will find your spirit down there and to the left," he said pointing. "You will need to break the seal that contains it while I distract the guard. Be very quick and quiet. Do not try to fight the guard. Let me do that. Do you understand?"

José nodded and they set out in the direction indicated. The landscape before them was almost barren of vegetation. Instead, where a tree would normally be found, an iron girder sprouted and in lieu of grass, pavement lined the ground. They floated along, silent and searching. Finally, the old man pointed to a point of light.

"There! That is where we will find your spirit." The pahé stopped and looked at the two men. His eyes were grave. "This is the most dangerous time. I will go watch for the evil spirits. You must go and release your spirit."

José began to feel fear. "Shouldn't you do that? I know nothing about this. I am a hunter."

The pahé explained. "Estupido, it is your spirit! It will come to no one but you. You must be the one to free it. No one else can."

Scared, José began his search. It wasn't long before he found what he was looking for. Fifty meters away a thick 'I' beam rose from the ground. Chained there was a large grey wolf. The pahé had told him that this would be his sprit in this world. There was no need for this information however as the beast and José instantly recognized one another. The wolf rose and began to struggle against it chains.

José had just begun to drift toward his spirit when a huge feathered snake slithered between them. This was the guardian about which he had been warned. José tried to move left and the snake matched his movements. José knew instinctively that if the snake succeeded in sinking its fangs into him, he would die in this world and the physical. Sinuously, the snake wound its way toward the hunter.

José realized he had no weapon and began to panic. Just as the snake was within striking distance José heard a loud screech and a feathery blur slammed into the viper. The snake, knocked over, tried to right itself as José's savior again took to the air. Without knowing why, José sensed this to be the spirit form of the young woman who had given him her breast. The snake turned and peered with fiery eyes for it tormentor. Jose took advantage of this moment and flew for the beam which chained his spirit.

He drew next to the beast at the same time as his friend Joachim arrived. "Quickly, the evil hunts you again" he warned.

José spun as the viper raced toward him. But before he could react an onca, the Brazilian jaguar, placed itself between José and the snake. The onca moved with lightning grace and attacked the viper. The teeth sank deep as the onca's rear claws raked along the serpent, splitting it open. Jose knew the time had come. He reached out and touched the chain holding his spirit. In a blinding light the chain shattered and his spirit was free!

The last thing he remembered was searing heat and a long, painful fall.

José returned to life with a start. He quickly sat up and looked around. Next to him lay the unconscious form of his friend, Joachim. He rose on both arms and looked around. The pahé and his assistant sat there smiling down at him. The eyes of the girls were intense.

"So, you feel better, eh?" the painted old man inquired.

"Yes. Much better," José replied. "But, I don't remember much of what happened"

The old man nodded satisfactorily. "Good. It is better to be a whole man. Do not worry that you do not remember all that happened. Many do not on the first ayahuasca."

"I remember one thing." José looked at the girl. "You saved my life."

The girl looked down and smiled. Then reluctantly, she rose and left the hut.

"Wait!" José called after here. He had to thank her, to show his gratitude for the return of his life.

The pahé stood. "Do not worry. You will have much time to thank her," he said with a knowing look. "For now, rest. We will send food in the morning. You will begin your trip back then"

The hunter nodded. "Yes, the chefe Buck will be wondering where we are."

The old man's eyes passed from one man to the other. "Your friend has his journey to take and you have yours."

"Wait, what do I owe for your services?"

The old man smiled again. "We will speak again in the morning," he said and walked out of the hut and into the night.

José was too exhausted to think about the strange happenings of the night. He immediately fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.

The morning came. Jose rose and shook his friend awake. Joachim appeared a bit disoriented but it wore off after a few minutes. As if summoned, the girl came in clutching two bowls felled with meat and beans. Without a word, she set them down along with an open gourd of water. She watched the men as they thanked her and began to eat.

Joachim turned to his friend and said, "We have to hurry," he said with his mouth full. "The chefe Buck will be very displeased. He will have lost a day" He dug into the bowl and took another mouthful.

Ignoring his friend, he asked the young woman before him "You saved my life last night. How can I thank you?"

The girl looked perplexed at the suggestion. "Why do you need to repay me? I could do noting less. We are bound."

Now it was José's turn to be perplexed. "What do you mean? I have never seen you before yesterday."

She smiled. "We have seen one another in dreams."

José decided to change the subject. "I am sorry I interrupted your wedding last night."

The girl shrugged. "It was never meant to be. The spirits are against it."

"Well, I am sorry still," He repeated softly.

He and girl looked at one another. Finally, José tuned to his friend. "I will not be going with you. Tell the chefe that I am sorry but my path goes in a different direction."

Joachim jumped up. "You are going to stay here? Are you crazy? What about your plans for Manaus? The money to be made?"

Without taking his eyes from the girl, he replied. "I did not say I was staying here. I said I would not be going back with you."

Before Joachim could answer the pahé entered. Over his shoulder he carried a large gourd and two leather satchels. "Ah, we are ready, no?"

The girl rose perfunctorily. Without comment she took the items from the pahé and handed two to the hunter-tracker.

Joachim watched his friend. "Are you insane? What about her father and her betrothed. Do you know what they will do to her should they catch you? And they will catch you."

The hunter-tracker took the offered items and slung them over his shoulder. He reached down and retrieved his machete and tucked it under his worn leather belt. His face was set in determination. "That remains to be seen does it not? Listen, I do not understand this. I may never understand this. But I have wanted this woman since first I saw her on last night at the ceremony. She will yet be a bride, but my bride." He turned and looked at the young woman. "I think she wants me as well. Sim?"

The girl smiled, "Sim".

Joachim was not finished yet. He took his friend harsh by the arm. "But the father. The man we saw last night. They will certainly…".

The old man choked him off with a laugh. Joachim spun and faced the old man. "This is not about the spirit world, old fool; this is about life and death right here! If José takes this girl the father and the woman lover will come after them. They will take back the girl and kill my friend!"

The old man looked at the young hunter-tracker. "You must be a great man to command such loyal and brave friends. For you to have a friend that surely risks death and more by speaking to a pahé thus speaks well of you." He chuckled.

"My friend has a point," José observed

"As for girl's father, I am her father. And I knew of your coming before you did. The spirits told me of your arrival five days ago." He made a throwaway gesture. And as for the young fool who thought to marry her and gain favor in the tribe, he will be dealt with." He turned and looked levelly at José. "You will deal with him. As for the rest… that is not for me to decide."

Joachim yielded to his defeat. "Okay. How may I help?"

The pahé stepped forward and said "You can stop your tiresome talking and let them get on their way." He took the young woman in his arms. "Go, little one. Your life is with this man. But come back soon and say hello to an old man"

The girls wrapped her arms around the pahé and held him for a moment. "I will."

The old man broke away." Now, go! Use all your skills. Use your head and not your arm. If you can get past our territory you will be free, they cannot touch you. But," he warned, "if they catch you before you reach the river they can kill you and no one will care."

Within moments, José and the young girl were gone, swallowed up by the jungle. The old man gazed for a time in the direction in which they had disappeared. Then he turned and smiled at Joachim. "Now, about my payment and what shall we do about you, eh?"

The first few hours were the vital ones. For those first hours the two ran without stop, heedless of the jungle which reached out for them with every step. José and the girl knew that they would have to put as much distance as possible in that that time and so they ran. Both had been born and bred in the forest and knew of its ways. José was impressed with the girls speed and stamina. He had thought that he would have to stop to allow her to rest but each time they slowed it was she who urged them on deeper into the jungle and further from her former home.

Fours hours into their flight and it was José himself who finally called for a rest. They came to a small clearing, a break in the jungle canopy above them where a circle of bright sunlight poured onto the ground.

The girls opened the gourd and took a drink as José pawed trough one of the leather pouches and pulled out two pieces of dried meat. He handed one to the girl as she passed him the gourd. He bit into the sweet spicy meat and watched her. She was lithe and beautiful. Her hair was shiny with the gloss of heath. Her body was round, full and vital. Beneath the dark flesh her muscles moved with a smooth elegance.

"I don't even know your name," José observed.

The girl laughed. "I am called Letceicia," she answered.

"I like that. It is a good name. You said we had met in dreams. I don't remember any dreams. I would have remembered seeing you in them"

The girl took another drink. "I did. That was enough."

"You say we are bound. What did you mean by that?"

The girl looked at him as if he had just asked her to explain the stars. "You are a forest man. You know what I mean. Don't be stupid. Our sprits are joined. It is meant for us to be together."

José decided not to press the point. Instead he asked, "How much further do you think?"

The girls looked around taking her bearings. "We will be out of my people's territory by mid-day tomorrow. And then where do we go?"

'I was hoping to make it all the way to Manuas, down the river. I have a friend there and he can put us up. He can also contact Joachim and retrieve the money I am owed from the chafe Buck for the work I did."

The girl watched him. "You left. Why do you think this Americano will pay you what he owes?"

This time it was José who grinned. "Oh, he will pay what I am due all right. Joachim will see to that."

"How will he do that?"

"If he were not to pay, he knows that Joachim will tell the other bearers. Soon, it would be in all the villages that the Americano cheats his bearers and trackers. From the Negro to the Amazon basin, the chefe would never be able to hire a local man again," José explained.

Letceicia nodded in satisfaction. "We should be going. We can still put several hours between us and anyone following."

"Do you really think that anyone will bother chasing us?" José asked. "Your father gave us his blessing."

The girl stood and motioned for José to follow. "That is true. But the man who wanted to marry me, Ignacio, he will follow. He has wanted to make me his woman since we were children."

José smiled. "I can understand that. I wanted you since the moment I saw you in the village that night,' he admitted.

The girl, Letceicia, laughed huskily. "That is because you have love for me. We are bound. You want to make me your woman to share your bed, your life, bear your children and cook. Ignacio had no such desires. He wanted me for the power he thought he could get from my father."

The hunter simply nodded his understanding. They spent the rest of the afternoon putting as much distance between them and the phantom of Ignacio as possible. As the darkness became thicker, they found a small area with denser tree covers to shield from the rain which would surely come in the night.

They ate a quick meal from the pouches and as Letceicia went off to refill the water gourd, José busied himself with fixing a place for them to spend the night. By the next day they would be in new territory and safe. The hunter began to think of what they would do once they reached Manaus. José believed he could find work with one of the local firms providing guides or perhaps working the docks which shipped the coffee beans down river to the Amazon and from there to the ports of the world. Letceicia could perhaps work as a maid at one of the small hotels which had just begun to be developed. The important thing was that they would be together.

Letceicia returned and settled in next to him, her body warm and firm against his skin. He could feel her heart beat against his back. The night closed in tighter and his senses reeled from her presence. Jose turned and saw she was lying there staring at him. He reached out for here and drew her closer. She didn't resist but instead threw a bare leg over his and pressed herself to him.

Taking her face in his hands he pressed his face against her. Her scent drew him closer and their mouths met; his in a demanding need and hers in surrender. Their tongues flicked against one another and he could taste their last meal. His hands began stroking her thighs as he pressed himself tight to her. Her hips began to rock on his signaling her own desire. He could feel his manhood begin to swell against the confines of his worn trousers.

He broke their kiss long enough to remove his shirt and trousers as she removed the skirt she had worn. Naked, they fell together again. Their bodies molded one to the other. Neither one was adept at the task before them, both were inexperienced. Letceicia was virgin and while José had once paid for a woman in the streets of Manaus, the act had been consummated quickly and without passion. This was entirely different. Now they sought each others pleasures and not the quick release of tension.