Callie's Shadow Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Taking a deep breath, she pasted a cheery smile on her face and knocked on the wooden doors.

"Come," her father called from inside.

She opened the door, letting herself through. "Hi daddy," she began, only to stop when she noticed the other man sitting across from her father. "Oh, Tucker didn't tell me that you were in a meeting."

"I'm not, well not really." Callan Wolfe stood, coming out from behind the imposingly wide desk and taking her hands in his. "This is a wonderful surprise. I was going to call you today and invite you to dinner this Sunday."

Callan Wolfe was tall, his hair was almost as black as Callie's but he had silver strands at his temples that only made him look more daunting. She got her eyes from him as well, that same strange silver shimmer that gave pause and often caused second and third looks. She was petite, getting that from her mother, while her father was tall and broad, as the figure head of so many corporations should be.

Callie had always felt her father was larger than life, unable to fail at anything he set his mind to. She was mostly right except for when it came to what she wanted to do with her life. "I can't stay long, daddy. I just wanted to stop by and say hi on my way home from work."

"Did work do this?" he asked, running his thumb under the scrape.

"Yes, but I've already had it checked. It's just a scrape, no broken bones or permanent damage." She glanced over at the other man who seemed to take a particular interest in her conversation with her father. "So, if this isn't exactly business, what is it?"

Callan cleared his throat, his hesitation making Callie suddenly very nervous. "You're okay aren't you? No health problems?"

"Oh yes, sweetheart. I'm as strong as an ox, as the humans would say."

"It's not mom?"

"No, no, nothing like that. I didn't mean to worry you, baby. I just wasn't prepared to introduce the two of you today. I had hoped to do this Sunday but since you're both here... Well, there's no time like the present." He took her hand in his, clasping his other hand over the top and urging her towards the man who stood as they approached.

Callie scented the wolf in him before she'd moved two feet, though he wasn't of their clan. He was a handsome man, his hair a deep auburn that shone with red gold highlights in the sunshine coming through the big glass doors that stood open to the gardens. His eyes were brown, intelligent, but with a playful glimmer that she couldn't help but like. She smiled, wondering if this was a new employee of her father's.

"Aidan Kent, this is my daughter Callandria. Callie, this is Aidan Kent, head of the Kent Clan of wolves in northern England."

Callie held out her hand, feeling it engulfed in two massive hands. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Kent."

"No," Aidan said, his accent giving his voice a soft sensual appeal. "It's definitely my pleasure. Please, it's Aidan."

"I'm Callie," she responded her grin wide and natural. "What brings you across the pond?"

Aidan cleared his throat, glancing with surprise at Callan. "Well, uh, I'm here for a wedding actually."

"Who's getting married?" she asked, glancing up at her father as well. The sudden look of discomfort on her father's face gave her pause and sent what her mother had always called her "spidey" senses into overdrive. "Daddy," she said. "Who's getting married?" It wasn't so much a question as a demand.

"Uh, you are, Pumpkin."

12