Callie's Shadow Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He slid the clips into pockets sewn into his uniform pants, the pistol with the first clip already loaded went into a holster at his back.

"Do you really think my father will allow you in the club with that kind of arsenal?" Angel asked.

"This says he will," Shadow said, shoving his badge on his uniform. "Unless he wants to find himself in a cell down at ASP, he will respect it."

"Of course he respects the badge. He respects me as well and I carry the badge. Dammit, Shadow, I don't know what bug crawled up your ass, but shake it out. We can't work this way."

"Figure out how," Shadow snapped. "The club's on the next block, Marcus. Pull right in front even if you have to double park. Let's let them see us come in the front door."

"You got it," Marcus said, but his eyes flitted over the figures standing in front of the club. Some were no doubt human and part of ASP's creed was to stay below the human's radar. He made sure his wings were folded, hidden beneath a flap of skin on his back. Still, not many men were built like him and he could already feel the stares.

Putting the silver truck into gear, he pocketed the key, locking the doors the instant the rest of the team got out. Striding around the truck, he stepped up and onto the sidewalk, falling into step behind Shadow, Angel right on his elbow.

"Hold it," the bouncer said, his hand out. Shadow pointed to the badge and walked right past the burly man. Marcus was on his heels and he felt Angel grab his arm, yanking him back a bit.

"This isn't going to go over good. My dad's not going to take kindly to accusations."

"I didn't think he would," Marcus said. He squeezed her hand. "We got a job to do," he said softly. "Let's do it. I just wish Callie was here. Maybe she could talk Shadow down."

"Callie is Shadow's problem right now, Wings. Why do you think he left her at the house?"

Marcus nodded. "We're about to get ass fucked, aren't we?" Marcus tried to grin, just as they walked into the loud raucous club. Angel nodded, her eyes traveling over the crowd that was already inside, most of them on the dance floor. It looked like a huge lake of humanity all dipping and bouncing in time to the music.

"Where's your father?" Shadow yelled.

"If he's here, he's in his office. He can't stand this music." Angel walked over to the bar, nodding at the bartender who grinned, exposing a set of fangs. She leaned close, yelling something into the man's ear. He nodded, using one of the nods to point out the private elevator that opened further down but still behind the bar.

Angel signaled them to come over and led them into the elevator, keying in a code and hitting a button that closed the door and started the car up. As soon as the doors closed, the loud, ear-busting sound of the music was gone.

The doors opened into luxury. A thick carpet was under their feet as they stepped out, the color an impossible white. Satin covered the walls in a soft blue, framing the pretty water color art work done is soft, muted colors. Antique furniture mixed well with a soft, overstuffed couch and chairs in what looked like a family living room.

The sound of the club downstairs was almost imperceptible, just the echo of the heavy drumbeat came through the sound proofing. "This is dad's apartment. He likes to keep one in each of his clubs. His office is through here."

As she spoke, the door to the office opened. Angel began to smile, expecting to see her father coming out to greet her. Instead, there was the sound of a shot and she gasped in pain, looking down to see a hole in the center of her suit.

"Marcus?" she whispered, turning to look at him, feeling him grab her as she began to fall.

12