Climbing the Charts Ch. 01

Story Info
Unknown girl from Kentucky begins a singing career.
6.8k words
4.44
2.7k
10

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 01/19/2024
Created 12/28/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
eroslit
eroslit
2,737 Followers

The diner was busier than normal, even for a workday lunch hour, which was always busy. Eric smiled when he saw Betty, the senior waitress and unofficial greeter.

"I saved you a spot in Libby's section," she told him with a grin.

"Thanks, as always."

Betty led Eric to a far corner of the restaurant, laid down a menu, and said, "Enjoy."

Betty was the leader of a contingent in the diner determined to permanently match the handsome eligible bachelor and cute single mom. Eric didn't mind it a bit. Since the first day he saw her, Eric had admired Libby from afar. They never dated. They never actually talked that much outside the diner, other than bumping into each other at the small-town grocery store once or twice. Truth was the shy, young waitress was as partial to Eric as he was to her.

"The Reuben is our special today," Libby said once she got to Eric's table.

"I saw that out front," Eric smiled. "Don't forget the pickle."

Libby didn't take a drink order. She knew it was decaf coffee with cream and sugar. Libby took his menu and walked away, allowing Eric to steal a glance at the little ass and shapely legs he liked so much. A thirty-five-year-old financial advisor in the Cincinnati and Covington area, Eric had been tempted many times before by rich female clients. He remained single, preferring the freedom to date whomever he chose.

For whatever reason, he was drawn to this diner waitress from northern Kentucky. He knew from Betty that Libby had a twelve-year-old daughter. He knew nothing of Libby's abusive husband who she escaped from years ago. Now thirty-two, Libby was gaining confidence in her ability to survive.

Eric purposely ate a late lunch so that, by the time he finished, the rush was over, and Libby had a moment or two to chat.

"Quite a crowd today," Eric said, when Libby finally stood at his table.

"I'm beat. I don't know how Betty can do it at her age."

"Good tips today?" he asked.

"Pfft. Not enough to make a difference," Libby said. "I REALLY need to find another job. Not that I would leave here. I like it here."

"That helps. What would you like to do?"

Libby shrugged. "That's just it. I don't have any skills that look good on a resume, but I learn things really quick. I can do almost anything if you show me how one time."

"I wish I could help you out, Libby. But I will keep my eyes and ears open for opportunities."

"Thanks, Eric."

Libby saw Betty give her a glance, meaning 'get to work.'

"Gotta go. See you tomorrow?" Libby asked.

"I'll be here."

After finishing his third refill of coffee, Eric took his check and headed to the register. While standing there, he heard someone singing in the kitchen.

"Who's that?" Eric asked Betty.

"Oh, that's your girl Libby. Have you never heard her sing? Lord, she can sing like an angel."

Betty swiped Eric's card and handed him a receipt while Libby's voice rang out in the distance.

"Eric? Your receipt."

"Oh, sorry. Just thinking of something," he replied, taking the slip.

Indeed, he was. He was thinking of an unexpected opportunity, as promised. As he walked out of the diner, Eric was searching his phone's contact list. Maybe. Just maybe.

On his way back to the office, Eric was on the phone.

"Tommy, my man. How you doin'?"

"I'm good, Eric. What's up?"

Eric said, "The other night at O'Hallohan's you mentioned that you might be needing a singer for Gunpowder Creek. Is that still true?"

"Sure is. Billy has to have surgery. We need somebody bad."

"OK if it's a female?" Eric asked.

"Is she cute?" Tommy said with a chuckle.

"Actually, yes. But I'm biased," Eric said. "From the little I've heard; she can really sing."

"Let's have her audition with the guys and find out."

Eric and Tommy set up a tentative date and time, contingent on Libby's availability. The next day, Eric skipped lunch and, instead, was at the diner at three o'clock, the end of Libby's shift.

"Eric! You're a little late," Libby said when Eric approached her in the parking lot.

"Yeah. I know. I didn't come here to eat this time. Do you have time to talk for a minute?"

"Sure."

"Let's sit in my car," Eric said.

Once settled, he told her, "I have a friend who started a band. A country and western cover band. They need a singer. Are you interested?"

Libby's eyes widened like Eric had never seen. "Of course! I mean, probably. I've never sung in a band before. Just high school choirs, and church, and a few summer plays. But yeah."

"Are you available Wednesday at seven o'clock to meet with them and sing a little?"

"In the evening? Yeah. What do you know about the band? Where do they play?"

"I know the guy who started it. Went to high school with him. They play at O'Hallohan's in Newport. I have no idea how much you'd make."

"I don't care. It's something," Libby said excitedly. "I just need something to help feed Emma and buy clothes."

"Should I pick you up on Wednesday or do you want to go alone?"

"Pick me up," Libby said. "I'll be too nervous to drive."

"Oh, don't be nervous," Eric assured her. "This is just a bunch of guys in a band at a bar. Relax. You'll do great."

Libby added, "And can you get me a playlist they use. I better know the words."

Eric agreed and brought it to her the next day at lunch after consulting with Tommy. Libby had two more days to worry and practice, but her excitement was unquestionable. This was not only a chance to make a few more bucks. It might add some fun to her life; something that had been missing for a long time.

Gunpowder Creek rehearsed in a warehouse just outside Covington. The acoustics weren't great, but neither was the band. They took whatever gigs they could get until finally settling in at O'Hallohan's as the house band on most nights. Crowds were sparse unless there was something big going on in Cincinnati. Everyone in the band had other jobs and any thoughts of making it big died a long time ago.

Eric and Libby arrived early for the rehearsal. As they entered the mammoth warehouse, they could hear a guitar warming up and a keyboardist playing a piano. Tommy saw them and walked quickly to greet them.

"You made it!" he said. "Welcome to our lovely studio."

If Tommy was still as concerned with Libby's looks as he was her talent, he wasn't disappointed. Shoulder-length, frizzy hair and bangs framed a face with delicate, small features. Libby wore a t-shirt and jeans that, while not elegant, highlighted her petite body.

"C'mon, I'll introduce everybody," Tommy said, leading the others into the depths of the warehouse.

There were four bandmembers to meet, and Libby was all smiles during the entire process. Eric took a seat on a stack of boxes nearby as the band got prepared. Tommy allowed Libby to choose the first song to play, which relieved her to no end. She stood in front of the group, where a microphone would be during a show. The drummer did a quick countdown, and the song began.

On cue, Libby's voice joined in.

The effect was immediate and stunning. One verse into the song, Tommy was convinced Billy was no longer the lead singer for Gunpowder Creek. Libby's range, while not in the same category as Mariah Carey, was perfect. The feeling she put into song after song as the session continued brought new energy to a band that desperately needed it.

Between songs, each member contributed his own encouragement to the new singer. Eric saw a light in Libby's face he had never seen before. He tried to imagine what the crowd at O'Hallohan's would think.

Forty-five minutes later, they took a break.

"Woo, doggy," Tommy exclaimed. "Where'd you learn to sing like that, girl?"

"I don't know. Lots of practice singing along with the radio is all," Libby replied. "I hope it's good enough."

"Good enough? O'Hallohan's isn't not big enough to handle the audience that will want to hear you."

Libby blushed from the compliments all around. She felt almost alive again. Performing in front of a crowd had never been a problem for her, so she was anxious for the first show. That would be Friday. Tommy, the band, and Libby agreed on a set list after she belted out a couple more songs with perfection.

As Eric drove Libby back to her house, Libby said quietly, "Eric, we have a problem."

"What's that?"

"I have absolutely nothing to wear on Friday," she groaned.

Eric thought for a moment. "How about this? When we get to your place, we'll sit here and order a few things on my Amazon account. They should be delivered either tomorrow or Friday."

"Oh, Eric. I can't do that. It's very kind but...."

"Stop it. When you are rich and famous you can repay me."

Libby slapped his leg and laughed. "Yeah, right."

Moments later, with the order placed, Libby thanked Eric over and over before getting out of the car. She barely had enough to pay the sitter. She really did appreciate what he was doing for her.

At lunch on Thursday, Eric was met by a smiling Betty.

"What have you done to our Libby?" she asked while taking Eric to a table. "We've never seen her so happy. She told us about her singing on Friday. I'm trying to get as many people as possible to show up."

"Thanks," Eric said. "That would be great. I know she must be nervous."

Betty leaned over to whisper to Eric when he was seated: "And thank you for buying her clothes. That means a lot."

"My pleasure. After hearing her rehearse, I have no doubt it will go well."

During lunch, Libby asked Eric if he could drive her to the club on Friday, which he eagerly agreed to. She said her daughter would be spending the weekend with her grandparents in Louisville, who were picking her up on Friday. That was a big relief to Libby because Tommy had mentioned there was a good chance they would be playing again on Saturday night.

Libby's new clothes were waiting on her porch when she got off work on Thursday. She impatiently ripped open the box and pulled out a pair of fancy black jeans and a sleeveless blouse. She held her breath...literally...while pulling on the skintight jeans. Libby turned in front of a mirror, admiring the result.

The blouse also fit well, and she experimented with how many buttons she could leave open at the top and remain half-way decent. Overall, she was pleased for having spent less than one hundred dollars of Eric's money. She had promised repayment and meant every word of it.

Her shift on Friday at the diner went by in a blur. Libby's mind was elsewhere, obviously, but she kept her mistakes to a minimum. Customers and employees could hear her quietly singing while not serving lunches. After work, she rushed home, changed, and anxiously sat on the couch waiting for Eric.

He, too, was anxious. Had he made a mistake rushing Libby into something that might turn into an embarrassing disaster? She gave no outward signs of having second thoughts, so he hoped for the best.

"You look great," Eric told her as she climbed into the car. "O'Hallohan's never saw anything like you before."

"You're too kind," Libby said. "I just hope this outfit washes well after they throw stuff at me like in 'The Blues Brothers.'"

Eric laughed. "Yeah, when the chicken wire comes out you know you're in trouble."

The parking lot was mostly empty when they arrived at the bar. Libby was in fact a bit pleased by that, looking at this night as more of a live rehearsal. She just wanted to get through it. Also, her mind was on important matters to be addressed with Eric after the show.

Within fifteen minutes, the entire band had arrived and were getting out their equipment backstage. Tommy and the others encouraged Libby repeatedly and she tried to look optimistic. The first time she stepped out onto the tiny stage, less than one hundred people mingled on the floor and many of those were regular customers at the diner. Libby spotted Betty, who blew her a kiss. Libby felt a little more at home now.

Eric wished Libby well and walked out to join the diner crowd, who all wanted to know how Libby was feeling. He promised them that if she sang like she did at the rehearsal she would be a hit.

At eight o'clock, one hundred people had no idea they would be able to tell their grandchildren that they were there at O'Hallohan's in Newport the night Libby Pike first sang in public. By the end of the second song, even those patrons who normally ignored the noise on the stage were craning their necks to see the young woman in black jeans with the incredible voice.

Libby stood stiffly at the mic for several songs, but finally pulled it out of the stand and walked back and forth on the stage, gesturing more and more with each song.

Betty leaned closer to Eric and said, "Oh my God, Eric. She's terrific. I can't believe what I'm hearing."

"She's a natural," he replied. "Born for this."

During the first break, Eric walked back to where the band was huddled, smiles all around. Libby moved aside and pulled on Eric's arm.

"Come here," she said. "I want to ask you something."

They found a dark corner away from the others.

"After the show, when you take me home," Libby said tensely, "can you, I mean, would you like to stay?"

Eric grinned. "If that's what you want."

Libby nodded. "It is."

"OK. I'll stay."

She kissed him on the cheek, the first time she ever did. It wouldn't be the last.

The crowd had grown by the end of the show, most likely by a few in the audience telling friends they needed to hear the new and improved Gunpowder Creek. The band finished to loud applause and cheers, Libby waving graciously, a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing.

This time she nearly ran into Eric's arms when he appeared backstage. He hugged her and praised her singing again and again. Tommy shook Eric's hand and said, "Thanks, old pal. You just saved us. I can't thank you enough."

"Anything for a friend, Tommy."

Libby never stopped chattering the entire drive back to her house, describing to Eric what she felt like at each phase of the show. She loved the ballads the most but was feeling more relaxed with the upbeat hits she knew so well.

"This isn't much of a house," Libby said as Eric pulled into the driveway. "You probably own a mansion, being a big money guy. Please don't judge me."

"If it's your house, I like it," he told her.

The inside was just as plain as the exterior, but neat and uncluttered, unexpected considering a preteen also lived there. Libby told Eric to rummage through the refrigerator for anything he wanted, but he chose to sit in the living room and relax after a stressful evening. She joined him on the couch, and they talked for an hour, rehashing everything, and listing things she could improve on--mostly stage presence stuff.

"We play again tomorrow night," Libby said.

"I heard that. It's great."

"Except I can't wear the same clothes again. I'm thinking of just wearing my normal jeans and a T-shirt. I mean, people didn't look real dressed up there."

Eric laughed and said, "No, they didn't. Anything you have would be fine."

"So...right now, I want a shower more than anything," she told him. "Will you wait in the bedroom for me?"

"Of course. Don't take all night."

She gave him another kiss on the cheek. Eric followed her into the bedroom and watched as she closed the master bathroom door behind her. He undressed, leaving just his briefs on, and climbed under the covers as the sounds of the shower began.

Eric wasn't exactly sure how he got to this point, but he certainly wasn't complaining. Neither of them had ever made an outward gesture of affection towards the other, prior to tonight. It was obvious to Eric now that maybe Betty was on to something. Libby liked him more than he imagined and now he was alone with her, waiting patiently for her to emerge.

When she did, Libby was covered in a large towel. It was dark, but not totally so. Light enough for Eric to see the beauty of her naked body when she pulled the towel off. He smiled at her and scanned her from head to toe. Libby's breasts were larger than he expected, but in perfect proportion to her otherwise small frame.

Libby instantly moved to the bed, crawling onto it, and sliding over top of Eric's body, but on top of the covers. He wrapped his arms around her. They kissed long and hard, the passion increasing with each passing second. Eric's hands roamed her body, concentrating mostly on the fine ass he had watched for so long.

"Do you like my ass?" Libby asked between kisses.

"I do."

"I thought so. At the diner I can see your reflection in the window watching me as I leave your table."

Eric slapped one cheek of her ass, resulting in a shriek from Libby. She rolled to his side and lifted the covers.

"Now it's my turn to peek," she said.

Libby kissed her way down Eric's body until reaching his underwear. She ran her palm over his budding erection, briefly wondering to herself just how long it had been. Too long since the last time, she decided. It felt good to be with a man again. Someone she truly cared for.

Eric suspected there were fifty men at O'Hallohan's that night who would have gladly traded places with him now. The cute woman with the wonderful voice was pulling down his briefs, exposing a cock that was aching for attention. Libby finished undressing Eric before moving back up. She swiped her tongue along the length of the cock, and then kissed the tip.

Eric watched her gently lift his cock and wrap her lips around it. Her tits hung freely, out of his reach. Eric envisioned having one in his mouth as Libby began bobbing her head up and down on his cock. Soon, he was rock hard.

Libby wasted no time. She climbed on top of Eric and lowered her pussy so that the cock barely touched it. She reached down and positioned it. Inch by inch the cock was enveloped by the wet, warm pussy and Eric closed his eyes. He opened them again when Libby leaned forward, giving him access to her tits. Eric frantically licked and sucked on one as they began to fuck.

His hands quickly found her ass and he squeezed the tender cheeks. When he lightly bit a nipple, Libby's pussy tightened around his throbbing cock. She moaned quietly, the first sound either of them had made. Eric's only wish now was to make this last as long as possible. He, too, had gone too long without.

Libby may have read his mind. Both were ready to cum in five minutes, but Libby playfully rolled them onto their sides, Eric's cock securely inside her pussy. Their legs intertwined as they kissed, hugged, and fucked like teenagers. Eric licked and massaged Libby's tits whenever he had the chance. Eventually, he ended up on top, pounding her harder and faster.

Eric occasionally encouraged Libby to cum, but there were few words between them. This was nearly a year's worth of pent-up desire--on both parts--being released in one quick experience. Maybe it would be more in the future, but right now this was merely raw sex.

Sex that ultimately brought Libby to an explosive climax. She cried out in delight as an orgasm flowed through her body. Her legs were tightly wrapped around Eric's waist as she came a second time. In the midst of it all, Eric groaned loudly and poured cum deep into her pussy.

Afterwards, his head rested between her tits, listening to Libby's heartbeat.

"Thank you for everything," Libby whispered to him. "I feel alive again."

"You were wonderful tonight. Especially now."

Libby kissed him. She would be wonderful one more time that night.

***

Saturday's show at O'Hallohan's drew twice the crowd as Friday's. Libby moved about the stage like a veteran, interacting with the crowd between songs and allowing band members to have the spotlight when instrumental solos occurred.

By the second weekend, the owner of O'Hallohan's had to hire a sheriff deputy to direct traffic for nights that Gunpowder Creek performed. The overflow crowds didn't come to hear Tommy play guitar. They were there for the pretty local girl in tight jeans with a divine voice.

eroslit
eroslit
2,737 Followers
12