Conceal Me What I Am Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I couldn't resist grabbing a big handful of silver ammo rounds and stuffing them into my pants pocket. Hey, free silver is free silver and the stuff is just so darned useful!

*************

Our lurking here now done, I took a chance and played 'the wind blew the door open trick'. I thought for a moment that the side door sentinel had detected us as we sidled out past him, but he just looked around a bit startled and then went right back to being bored after giving the door a kick shut. Deliriously happy with our discovery, Miranda and I now sidled toward the only other extremely high security area, a large mostly windowless bunker of a structure on a small hill surrounded by three full circles of barbed wire with multiple checkpoints. It also seemed to be the main power source for the entire camp, with several big electrical lines emerging from within the hill.

Even a hundred yards away I had no trouble at all detecting magic contained within. Enormous amounts of it even, and with a nasty dark alien taint that I'd felt once before in that diplomatic row house back in Chicago.

"Fuck." I just whispered to Miranda, without bothering to explain why. She was moderately happy with herself at the moment, pleased as punch that she was doing serious magic and being useful, and I just didn't have the heart to ruin her mood. The glow in the eastern sky said that dawn was imminent, so we needed to find a way inside fast! This looked like the heart of this military research and development installation and since we were looking for a 'pit', this also seemed to be the only underground location.

"What are the odds that we can keep the aversion field up doing right straight into that lion's den?" She asked when we'd crept up to the ten foot fence heavily strung with barbwire fence near the first checkpoint gate.

"Slim and none. The staff with access to this big top all seem to have ID bracelets with some identification charm. See how that soldier is putting his right arm into scanning box? If we don't do that, we don't get through that big turnstile. Also, sneak a quick feel around the area. There's at least one military grade protection circle just inside this fence and it bet it goes all the way around. Without the right pass or even the right mental password to think while crossing it, things would seriously go boom! We've got two choices; either we start making a whole lot of noise or we do a really fast up and down and fly up around to the other side of the hill. Bel would have been brought here by the big cheese himself, his high and mightiness Jamil, Great-Lord Wizard of the Second Circle in his fancy staff car along with Probert, who won't... probably, anyway... have the right sort of entrance passes. There's a gate for vehicles to enter the compound somewhere over there, and mighty wizards and top military brass usually get to bypass all of the petty security procedures anyway."

"Given my druthers, I'd vote for another few minutes of sneak and peek. It's going to be second Great War probably fighting our way out, so let's save the pretty fireworks for some assholes that deserve it!" She laughed.

Sounded good to me!